i wood but @CannaGranny would remove it. I already pushed limits with the titties 😜

nah, give me a few to pull em out. I keep them put away because I don't like them getting dusty. it's nothing impressive. only three right now, including the monkey pipe, but they're sentimental to me.
This ^^^^ is why I come slipping down the halls at the corner at inordinate times..😂🤣😂😅😂

3 days on the job and I had a near miss...

I was job shadowing this old fart who doesn't care to explain much. We had to go up to the 3rd level and open up the furnace for an inspection tomorrow. Dude failed to tell me that the chamber is filled with nitrogen and that's why we were opening it up. I assumed the inspector wasn't going to open it himself when we were actually opening it so the nitrogen would dissipate.

I opened my manhole and shined my flashlight in to have a look, didn't even get my head near the opening. As I'm backing away, I started to get light-headed. I thought it was a normal "man I need a drink of water" sort of light-headed. Nope. It was all I could do to put my focus into gripping the ladder as tight as I could. That light-headedness turned to blacking out real quick.

Thankfully my grip on the rungs was my first thought. It was almost a real bad morning.

3 days on the job and I had a near miss...

I was job shadowing this old fart who doesn't care to explain much. We had to go up to the 3rd level and open up the furnace for an inspection tomorrow. Dude failed to tell me that the chamber is filled with nitrogen and that's why we were opening it up. I assumed the inspector wasn't going to open it himself when we were actually opening it so the nitrogen would dissipate.

I opened my manhole and shined my flashlight in to have a look, didn't even get my head near the opening. As I'm backing away, I started to get light-headed. I thought it was a normal "man I need a drink of water" sort of light-headed. Nope. It was all I could do to put my focus into gripping the ladder as tight as I could. That light-headedness turned to blacking out real quick.

Thankfully my grip in the rungs was my first thought. It was almost a real bad morning.
Damn dude! Sorry, but when i do whip-its, I like to be seated so when I pass out, I don't require a hospital trip lol

real talk though. how's it going? digging the new gig?

Damn dude! Sorry, but when i do whip-its, I like to be seated so when I pass out, I don't require a hospital trip lol

real talk though. how's it going? digging the new gig?
So far it's been extremely overwhelming yet exciting as hell. It's literally a 5 story machine. Miles of pipe and wire, gas and water lines.

I'm learning a lot, though, which is super cool to me. Like.. I know I'm pretty smart so I love it when I'm humbled with new knowledge.

They were all super impressed when I questioned the EC and pH of their RO water. Thanks Bud Builders for giving me that leg-up 🤣

Edit: Their RO puts out 30 gallons per MINUTE

So far it's been extremely overwhelming yet exciting as hell. It's literally a 5 story maching. Miles of pipe and wire, gas and water lines.

I'm learning a lot, though, which is super cool to me. Like.. I know I'm pretty smart so I love it when I'm humbled with new knowledge.

They were all super impressed when I questioned the EC and pH of their RO water. Thanks Bud Builders for giving me that leg-up 🤣

what kind of facility is it? if you can't disclose i understand. moreso inquiring if you're in a petroleum processing type facility or what exactly is the reasoning for the gas.

what kind of facility is it? if you can't disclose i understand. moreso inquiring if you're in a petroleum processing type facility or what exactly is the reasoning for the gas.
It's a natural gas fueled power plant. I'm pretty sure the nitrogen is pushed into the furnace to completely control the fuel/air ratio. Not 100% on that though. 3rd day on the job and all.

when i was a lowly roustabout (kinda) in the oil patch, would drive by the refineries in west texas and be blown away by the marvels of engineering it took to build those things. miles of massive pipe, water, and wire. tens of thousands of gallons silo heat separators, distillation tanks, etc. always wanted to get into one of those places and just be hit with the tidal wave of information like i was when i learned about horizontal drilling, which is used prior to fracking for natural gas.

shit is super interesting when you get into it.

It's a natural gas fueled power plant. I'm pretty sure the nitrogen is pushed into the furnace to completely control the fuel/air ratio. Not 100% on that though. 3rd day on the job and all.
that sounds about right. nitrogen is an inert gas, so can be used to control combustion and maintain optimum fuel consumption. can also be used for fire suppression should something decide to go BOOM. it'll kill everyone near it, but you won't have a catastrophic fire.

when i was a lowly roustabout (kinda) in the oil patch, would drive by the refineries in west texas and be blown away by the marvels of engineering it took to build those things. miles of massive pipe, water, and wire. tens of thousands of gallons silo heat separators, distillation tanks, etc. always wanted to get into one of those places and just be hit with the tidal wave of information like i was when i learned about horizontal drilling, which is used prior to fracking for natural gas.

shit is super interesting when you get into it.
Agreed man. There had to be a crew of geniuses working on this thing. It's taking every bit of my electrical knowledge to even grasp the basics. Then there's the mechanical side of things that I'll be learning as well.

Spent the whole day cleaning battery terminals, though, so there's also gonna be a lot of mundane shit going on.

that sounds about right. nitrogen is an inert gas, so can be used to control combustion and maintain optimum fuel consumption. can also be used for fire suppression should something decide to go BOOM. it'll kill everyone near it, but you won't have a catastrophic fire.
Yeah because it displaces oxygen, hence the blacking out 🤣

Agreed man. There had to be a crew of geniuses working on this thing. It's taking every bit of my electrical knowledge to even grasp the basics. Then there's the mechanical side of things that I'll be learning as well.

Spent the whole day cleaning battery terminals, though, so there's also gonna be a lot of mundane shit going on.
When you get the chance, pay attention to your automated control valves. the bigguns. they look like a box, will have Siemens printed on the face plate. Should have a model number on it somewhere nearby. Just curious :cool:

When you get the chance, pay attention to your automated control valves. the bigguns. they look like a box, will have Siemens printed on the face plate. Should have a model number on it somewhere nearby. Just curious :cool:
Outside is 115kv that gets transformed down 31.5kv and transformed down, again, to 4160v where it's then sent inside and tranformed into 480v for all the controls. It's some pretty scary stuff when you start to do the arc-flash math. When the plant is running, it produces 100 megawatts, 5 of which runs the plant itself.

We have 3 switchbanks of 10+ motor control centers. Pretty damn impressive from this lowly commercial electrician's standpoint.

Outside is 115kv that gets transformed down 31.5kv and transformed down, again, to 4160v where it's then sent inside and tranformed into 480v for all the controls. It's some pretty scary stuff when you start to do the arc-flash math. When the plant is running, it produces 100 megawatts, 5 of which runs the plant itself.

We have 3 switchbanks of 10+ motor control centers. Pretty damn impressive from this lowly commercial electrician's standpoint.
this (https://control.com/textbook/disassembly-of-a-sliding-stem-control-valve/stuxnet/) is why i was asking about the automated control valves.

the electrical side is nuts. you're dealing with current that will mean a no casket funeral if something goes sideways. the hacker in me is curious how is the water and gas being controlled. there aren't humans adjusting valves outside open and closed, and Siemens is one of the only manufacturers that make those valves. Many in our power infrastructure are the S7 PLC. Just curious if you have any of those in your facility.

This is all safe to talk about now since Snowden bit the bullet. Hell, there an amazing documentary on Stuxnet call Zero Days IIRC. Fun shit if you're into real hacking shit, not that bullshit ransomware skiddie garbage.

this (https://control.com/textbook/disassembly-of-a-sliding-stem-control-valve/stuxnet/) is why i was asking about the automated control valves.

the electrical side is nuts. you're dealing with current that will mean a no casket funeral if something goes sideways. the hacker in me is curious how is the water and gas being controlled. there aren't humans adjusting valves outside open and closed, and Siemens is one of the only manufacturers that make those valves. Many in our power infrastructure are the S7 PLC. Just curious if you have any of those in your facility.

This is all safe to talk about now since Snowden bit the bullet. Hell, there an amazing documentary on Stuxnet call Zero Days IIRC. Fun shit if you're into real hacking shit, not that bullshit ransomware skiddie garbage.
It's too close to bedtime to read all of that but I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'm not 100% on a lot of that, though. I'll be learning it once they start me in on the operator training. I do know that we have our own network and I've already gone through a ton of training on how to spot and report phishing emails because the system cannot be compromised.

We can run another plant, nearly 100 miles away, from our control room. I do know that.

Definitely used to push the gas out, betting because of the inspection they purged the furnace so when it was opened there wasn’t that moment where the correct mix happens and things can go bang….
We do hot taps on gas fairly frequently and as long as you purge correctly everything is ok….
I once was welding a flange on a gas pipe on roof top, 6” if I remember correctly. All was good I was on my final pass when my partner left. I wasn’t thinking about what he was doing but he went into the building to work on a furnace down the line (part of the shut down) and he absentmindedly opened the union and went about his work. Well this created a back draft and all of a sudden I started seeing some flames I took off and got behind an air handler just in time to hear a that jet engine sound then that bang that shook the hole building…he thought he killed me I thought we where gonna get fired….lessons learned.

Looks like the flashing is a 2 piece.
The one under the siding stays and the second piece looks to be pop rivetted to the first. Get an 1/8 inch drill bit if you think you need to remove the lower piece.
The chimney flashing is fastened in with concrete Zamacks.
You will need a sharp cats claw to pull the nail back out of the lead shield.
Here is what it looks like.
View attachment 26096

I might just try clean up/ removing all the old caulk/ tar at brick and metal on chimney and go up the siding and chimney till you feel it does not need new caulk.

Didn’t know the name but I’m familiar with them. Used claw hammers to remove in the past.

I’ll head back up today to remove and check out caulk. Old chisel should clean up the worst.

Thank you for the assistance.

Roofers must be busy, still waiting for two other quotes to come in. 😑

Didn’t know the name but I’m familiar with them. Used claw hammers to remove in the past.

I’ll head back up today to remove and check out caulk. Old chisel should clean up the worst.

Thank you for the assistance.

Roofers must be busy, still waiting for two other quotes to come in. 😑
Throw up a bat signal, tell em you got a joint and a muscle relaxer....they'll be there lol. 💪

Within the hour if it's vicodin

So far it's been extremely overwhelming yet exciting as hell. It's literally a 5 story machine. Miles of pipe and wire, gas and water lines.

You are a sponge, soak it all up…and dare I say good thing you’re straight right now. Stoners have a way of forgetting things, I’ve heard.

TThat's exactly what i was thinking! but believe it or not, i tryt not to post too much for some reason... i type up stuff then delete it, thinking i talk too much as it is

yes @Pipecarver i think you could make a fortune if you already don't have an elite clientele for your products. fuck the vape/head shops, you can probably sell them for $100+ as personally handcrafted online, i would guess? sorry if i'm lowballing you, i have no idea what those bad-ass pipes cost, i know i would pay near $100, and i've never had a wood pipe. i once had a cool virginia clay pipe that looked like gandolf's from lotr. you could break off a piece near the mouth if it got clogged, was the benefit of the clay, of course the downside, is it's short-lived.

are your customers primarily tobacco users? i remeber my friend's dad's car he was driving in high school once smelled amazing to me and it was because he said his dAD spilled cherry pipe tobacco on the floor mat

i'm sorry to ask you so many questions, but if you do sell online, where can us BBs look to bid/buy them?
No clientele, I haven't sold many over the past 5 years since legalization, all the dispensaries were put out of business. I'm just making some to give away and to have something to do through the winter months. I'm finding the acrylic mouth pieces hard to get and some I have received have a shit draw through them making smoking difficult . I've been scouring the web looking for new woods to work with but shipping costs are killing the deal for some beautiful wood like these Manzinita, Rose wood and Curly Mango

1697552300283.png1697552328816.png1697552677927.png

No clientele, I haven't sold many over the past 5 years since legalization, all the dispensaries were put out of business. I'm just making some to give away and to have something to do through the winter months. I'm finding the acrylic mouth pieces hard to get and some I have received have a shit draw through them making smoking difficult . I've been scouring the web looking for new woods to work with but shipping costs are killing the deal for some beautiful wood like these Manzinita, Rose wood and Curly Mango

View attachment 26163View attachment 26164View attachment 26165

Sell em on here? We don't have a pipe vendor. Use them to make trades on stuff you may want? Just a thought

Sell em on here? We don't have a pipe vendor. Use them to make trades on stuff you may want? Just a thought
I consider you guys friends and I can't sell to friends. I'm making a bunch up and I'll ship them to Moe when I get enough made up that I like. He / you guys can sell, give away as prizes ,,,what ever.Just my contribution to Bud Builders for creating this place where we can learn and share.

Hey all you Menz!
As of yesterday all my ladies are tabled and it’s flower on! My remote control iPad tripod has not yet arrived and I couldn’t wait any longer. So, guess I will vid the next tabling. I have pushed it as far as I dare. To allow them to become any taller is just detrimental to my whole process.
This round I have five plants running on three tables. Three on the five x five, one on the four x four and one on the new closet scrog top. Thanks to you guys for talking me into rebuilding one for the closet space instead of having to free bud one. That to me at this point is a waste of a good plant, to free bud them. Free budding takes them down to a third of the harvest I can obtain by scrogging. I’m just not into the same amount of work for a third of the bud anymore.
Heres wishing a great day upon ya all, now I’m off and headed to the vet to get my cats foot stitches removed.

Rock on granny you got any longer flowering strains running this time? Nice weather over here if you can get past the chilly mornings. All good in my hood!
Ten weeks is the longest. I have some landrace seeds on board that runs from 16-28 weeks and plan at some point to run them. I’ve been guilty here lately of taking grow breaks. My last crop came off at the end of May. It’s given me a chance to get everything up to date and under control again. Fully up and running now though. In two weeks I’ll be popping the next crop.
My three Haole Moonshine seeds, grew balls 🫣 I’ll be trying that again.

I have a feeling more of this is gonna start happening. I know a lot of people that are fed up with it.
Props to the mom, shame on the man (what sounded to be atleast 🙄) behind the camera.

I don't condone violence on innocent people, but no innocence in this here...whoop his ass

Props to the mom, shame on the man (what sounded to be atleast 🙄) behind the camera.

I don't condone violence on innocent people, but no innocence in this here...whoop his ass
My kids school has transgender bathrooms dude.... if i had the money they would be in private school, no joke.

The school they go to let kids dress/identify as cats, birds, they do not say a word. Its just ridiculous the world we live in.

Back
Top Bottom