Idk how your stove is shaped, but I remember growing up with a wood stove and my mom would put a big pot of water on top, sometimes with a few cinnamon sticks, to help put moisture in the air. It made the house smell like cider/pie, it was the best!

The heat from the stove is a great way to evaporate water to raise RH for your living space, which makes it feel warmer as well, and good for throats in winter time.
My cats sleep on top of my pellet stove. It doesn't get hot enough to benefit from putting water on it.

Angers me that places ban wood stoves. If anything just demand a WETT inspection and chimney cleaning records. They tried to ban them here but we have so many power outages in the winter, it didn't fly. I can't even fathom giving up the wood stove. Nothing compares to the warmth they produce.

Morning/afternoon to you granny as well....missed your message at first.

Been weird as of late found myself running heater during day and come evening popping on the ac...and even overnight...waking up kicking on heater....just been odd as hell hard to keep that comfort range. Cool weather on the way I suppose will help make the choice.

Angers me that places ban wood stoves. If anything just demand a WETT inspection and chimney cleaning records. They tried to ban them here but we have so many power outages in the winter, it didn't fly. I can't even fathom giving up the wood stove. Nothing compares to the warmth they produce.
Yeah I bet that's the problem, people aren't getting their chimney and flues checked/cleaned

Yeah we used to love wood stove... That thing would get way too hot for any cats to even touch

My cats sleep on top of my pellet stove. It doesn't get hot enough to benefit from putting water on it.
I've 2 of these and they work pretty good, silent my tent is at 64% right now, I adjust it by setting the mist level then adjusting my exhaust fan to the appropriate speed. It takes a day or 2 to dial them in to work together but I'm at 77.9f @ 64%1700510208093.png

I've 2 of these and they work pretty good, silent my tent is at 64% right now, I adjust it by setting the mist level then adjusting my exhaust fan to the appropriate speed. It takes a day or 2 to dial them in to work together but I'm at 77.9f @ 64%View attachment 30719
I'm hitting up moe for schematics on the one he built...that thing dumps. Would be easy to bring it up to range and kick right back off...with the proper humidity controller I think you could really narrow in the rh% swings to +/- 1 or 2.

After seeing it, I gotta try to make something similar

I'm hitting up moe for schematics on the one he built...that thing dumps. Would be easy to bring it up to range and kick right back off...with the proper humidity controller I think you could really narrow in the rh% swings to +/- 1 or 2.

After seeing it, I gotta try to make something similar
My rh goes through swings all the time and it doesn't seem to hurt my plants too much. As long as I aim for 60% in veg a few points high or low doesn't bother me and I figure they do outside as well. In a perfect sterilized world It would probably be best to stay at a certain set point for rh but my circumstances don't allow that so I'm not going to stress over it....in my ball park close counts

Yeah I bet that's the problem, people aren't getting their chimney and flues checked/cleaned

Yeah we used to love wood stove... That thing would get way too hot for any cats to even touch
Basic woodstove maintenance.
My cat jumped on it once when she was a kitten. Only once, and only for a split second before she jumped about 10 feet across the room and landed on the couch haha. She has great respect for the stove now. And much curiosity.
Whenever I get it started she comes over and watches me, inspects the kindling before I light it. Then watches it burn for a good 10 mins.20211030_132942.jpg20211030_132952.jpg20211030_132955.jpg

While i agree with you 100%, the last fire here was not due to fireplace negligence.

The last place that burned down in here was my dads friend. He just cleaned the chimney that week, and cleaned the stove that moening. He started the stove and headed up the road half a mile to the gas station (foolish move) and when he got back his place was completely engulfed in flames....

A log rolled inside the stove, busted out the glass front and caught the floor on fire.

They tried to ban wood burning stoves here in NY too but it didnt fly.

While i agree with you 100%, the last fire here was not due to fireplace negligence.

The last place that burned down in here was my dads friend. He just cleaned the chimney that week, and cleaned the stove that moening. He started the stove and headed up the road half a mile to the gas station (foolish move) and when he got back his place was completely engulfed in flames....

A log rolled inside the stove, busted out the glass front and caught the floor on fire.

They tried to ban wood burning stoves here in NY too but it didnt fly.
Jesus, how big was the fuggin log? 😄
I've seen a lot of woodstove related incidents but never a log broke through the glass.

The worst I've seen from a stove was when a lady lit it up in the morning, not realizing the pipes going to and from the water jacket were frozen. Water jacket expanded and went off like a bomb just as she was going to turn the damper down. Stove door blew off and hit her in the hands and thighs, blew her clean across the room, blew out every window in the house, shrapnel from the jacket went through the wall and lodged into a wooden dresser. She lived, but took wicked damage to her hands and legs. Was literally like a bomb going off

IMG_4859.jpeg72161099836__EF7EDB8E-82E6-4B51-983B-0A0DC35F123F.fullsizerender.jpeg
House is a pellet stove and shop has a wood stove. In a lot of areas in Comifornia either wood burning is banned completely or they have no burn days half the time and write big tickets to the people caught burning on no burn days.

The only way the could ever see my place is from a satellite or drone and unfortunately I don’t doubt that sooner or later Comifornia will do something this expensive and stupid!

Peace out.

2008 F250 V10 Lariat with a 5 way on the front.
Full leather, sky light, power everything. Got a cap and ladder rack. Less then 105,000 miles. Had her probably 12 years now.
8mpg. I want it gone so bad~! I just can't do it. Anybody see what trucks go for today? :oops:
But I may have figured how to keep it and use it around the house and on the road legal without inspections or high yearly expense.🥴
Thinking of taking it off the road.
When needed register insure and get a free 10 day inspection. Use it and return the plates when done~!
I actually wonder how many times NY will let me do this..
DSC_0628.JPG
Never inspected again legal 100%.🤫
Brings real meaning to my new but true signature~!

Full leather, sky light, power everything. Got a cap and ladder rack. Less then 105,000 miles. Had her probably 12 years now.
8mpg. I want it gone so bad~! I just can't do it. Anybody see what trucks go for today? :oops:
But I may have figured how to keep it and use it around the house and on the road legal without inspections or high yearly expense.🥴
When needed register insure and get a free 10 day inspection. Use it and return the plates when done~!
View attachment 30735

can you guys get classic tags in NY? classic and antique don't need inspection in PA..

View attachment 30731View attachment 30732
House is a pellet stove and shop has a wood stove. In a lot of areas in Comifornia either wood burning is banned completely or they have no burn days half the time and write big tickets to the people caught burning on no burn days.

The only way the could ever see my place is from a satellite or drone and unfortunately I don’t doubt that sooner or later Comifornia will do something this expensive and stupid!

Peace out.
I have pretty much the same pellet stove that you do, and my glass looks just like yours. Had I known you couldn’t keep it clean, I would have opted out. Otherwise zero complaints. Ambient warm heat like you can only get from a wood stove, zero smell and very few ashes.

View attachment 30735
Nice truck! 🙂

View attachment 30735

Haha, man I hear ya. I have a couple F250's, a 2017 i use as my daily work truck and a 2006 I'm only keeping because, just because. Have you seen the price of trucks these days? Lol.
I figure it might come in handy someday. And if nothing else, it just keeps going up in value. Use it for hauling logs and shit around the property once in a while. Otherwise just start it up once a month or so to keep the engine lubed.

Wooooo hoooooo! The two jobs I hate the worst in my house is done. We all have our things. I hate tearing out the fridge, washing all the bins and polishing the stainless. Done! I equally hate washing down all the cabinets. I “needed” all of those cabinets, til I had to clean them all! That too is done!
Now I just have about sixty five things left to do that I don’t mind so much. Well maybe..much.
Smoke more sativa! 🤪

My snow trucks, the 2017 F250 has a snowdogg V plow and the F350 has a western wideout. F350 has my Kubota F3060 with a 62" sidewalk plow in the back here. Only use it once the snow stops. Would like to get a cab for it someday, but that's another one of those "have you seen the price of" moments..

Screenshot_20231120-141418_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231120-141506_Gallery.jpg

View attachment 30735
Same truck my father has but his is the 5.4 triton v8 and a regular cap not a contractors cap, it doesnt get any better gas mileage either... its 8.8-9.5mpg depending on your foot....
Things are gas hogs

can you guys get classic tags in NY? classic and antique don't need inspection in PA..
I don't get plugged in since the truck is over 8,000lbs but I am not sure I can dodge an inspection completely .. Besides my brainstorm~!
1700518304038.png
Nice truck! 🙂
Thanks~!
I love it ,but 8mpg.
I am going to see if I can keep up on snow removal with the Kubota.
If it is too snowy for a normal vehicle to get me to work so be it.

I only plow for me~!

I don't get plugged in since the truck is over 8,000lbs but I am not sure I can dodge an inspection completely .. Besides my brainstorm~!
View attachment 30738

Thanks~!
I love it ,but 8mpg.
I am going to see if I can keep up on snow removal with the Kubota.
If it is too snowy for a normal vehicle to get me to work so be it.

I only plow for me~!

is your tractor open cab? no heat?

screw that.. keep the ford!

is your tractor open cab? no heat?

screw that.. keep the ford!
Yea little BX25 open everything.
You and me are the same.
I think with tractor I have 30-40 minutes to get it done.
In the truck!!!! I can relax and push as slow as I like, and smoke without wind or snow in my face.
Hence I have a dream~!

Yea little BX25 open everything.
You and me are the same.
I think with tractor I have 30-40 minutes to get it done.
In the truck!!!! I can relax and push as slow as I like, and smoke without wind or snow in my face.
Hence I have a dream~!

plus that's a nice plow you have on it too. and save the wear and tear on the tractor.

i plow with this pos... 03' and it was free!!!! my old square body needed more money than it was worth and this had the right price!!

plus great heat and comfortable!!!!! my 78 square body never had heated mirrors!!! :LOL:

DSCN1371.JPG

plus that's a nice plow you have on it too. and save the wear and tear on the tractor.

i plow with this pos... 03' and it was free!!!! my old square body needed more money than it was worth and this had the right price!!

plus great heat and comfortable!!!!! my 78 square body never had heated mirrors!!! :LOL:

View attachment 30754
When i worked at Camp Pinnacle i plowed snow with a 78 square body 1 ton dump. It had a 350 small block with a 4 speed manual. Fucken truck would go like hell, i loaded it right up with stone and never spun a tire until i hit a snow bank.
No heat but what youd get from the motor through the holes in the firewall lol.

So while we were traveling I went into my first ever dispo in Massachusetts. I was expecting much more from the taste/flavor profile...

Taste was trash, zero lemon anything, high 4/10, and this is after going without flower for a few weeks... Even my wife who doesn't smoke and hates the smell said, wow that smoke doesn't even stink. I'm a terrible weed grower but even my past grows are much better than this

Is this a normal dispo experience??? 20231120_182420-COLLAGE.jpg

So while we were traveling I went into my first ever dispo in Massachusetts. I was expecting much more from the taste/flavor profile...

Taste was trash, zero lemon anything, high 4/10, and this is after going without flower for a few weeks... Even my wife who doesn't smoke and hates the smell said, wow that smoke doesn't even stink. I'm a terrible weed grower but even my past grows are much better than this

Is this a normal dispo experience??? View attachment 30757
For the most part, yeah.

Also 99.9% of the dispos use shake/sugar leaf for prerolls 😔

Dispos are just a disgrace to the canna community.

Edibles/concentrates are usually good though.

When i worked at Camp Pinnacle i plowed snow with a 78 square body 1 ton dump. It had a 350 small block with a 4 speed manual. Fucken truck would go like hell, i loaded it right up with stone and never spun a tire until i hit a snow bank.
No heat but what youd get from the motor through the holes in the firewall lol.

our trucks might have been twins!!! 350 four barrel, 4 speed, no heat.. well a little. by time i was done plowing the driveway i had a 6" circle of defrosted windshield to look out of!!! hahaha

my buddy actually has that old chevy now and is gonna restore it this winter. so at least not a scrap yard.

Back
Top Bottom