Something strange happening in the tent. The girls have been increasing their water intake so I added an extra day to water. Last time I watered them within an hour of lights on. No issues. The time before that I couldn't water them until around 8 hrs after lights on. That day, when I finally was able to get to watering them, I checked the controller as I was opening up the tent and it read 80°/41%. WTF? Why is the humidity so low? I had checked them on lights on and humidity was holding steady at 56%. Humidifier res tank was almost at max. Everything looked normal.

When I opened the tent the humidifier was empty.

I felt around the floor thinking maybe the humidifier had a leak. Nope. Floor was bone dry.

I joked on a post in my journal that the plants had sucked the humidifier dry because I was late to watering them but this just happened again. Today was watering day and same thing happened.

Can weed pull that much moisture out of the air if it needs water like that? We're talking almost an entire gallon of water in 8 hrs? I never saw them get droopy leaf from being thirsty. On feed day they get around a gallon and a quarter each. That was monday. Today is wednesday. They can't be sucking up that much water that fast. Can they? The most I've had to water plants is usually every other day in soil. In coco I can see it being everyday but soil?

I even checked the ACI data logs to see if the fan had spooled up to 10 for an extended period of time sucking out the moisture. Nope. Everything normal.

Ambient RH outside is 69% so it's not outside air.

Am I going to have to do daily feedings? In soil?

Something strange happening in the tent. The girls have been increasing their water intake so I added an extra day to water. Last time I watered them within an hour of lights on. No issues. The time before that I couldn't water them until around 8 hrs after lights on. That day, when I finally was able to get to watering them, I checked the controller as I was opening up the tent and it read 80°/41%. WTF? Why is the humidity so low? I had checked them on lights on and humidity was holding steady at 56%. Humidifier res tank was almost at max. Everything looked normal.

I felt around the floor thinking maybe the humidifier had a leak. Nope. Floor was bone dry.

I joked on a post in my journal that the plants had sucked the humidifier dry because I was late to watering them but this just happened again. Today was watering day and same thing happened.

Can weed pull that much moisture out of the air if it needs water like that? We're talking almost an entire gallon of water in 8 hrs? I never saw them get droopy leaf from being thirsty. On feed day they get around a gallon and a quarter each. That was monday. Today is wednesday. They can't be sucking up that much water that fast. Can they? The most I've had to water plants is usually every other day in soil. In coco I can see it being everyday but soil?

I even checked the ACI data logs to see if the fan had spooled up to 10 for an extended period of time sucking out the moisture. Nope. Everything normal.

What week of flower are you?
Soil brand and name?
Plant pot size?

Sounds exactly like this round I just did. Always before, I could go a full three to four days between watering. This time every two days and it zapped the hell out of my humidity. I’m in seven gallon pots and they were taking 1 3/4 gallons like clockwork.
Ive never had flowers use so much water. It could drag my humidity from sixty percent down to the mid thirties.

Sounds exactly like this round I just did. Always before, I could go a full three to four days between watering. This time every two days and it zapped the hell out of my humidity. I’m in seven gallon pots and they were taking 1 3/4 gallons like clockwork.
Ive never had flowers use so much water. It could drag my humidity from sixty percent down to the mid thirties.
I would and do suspect it is not a matter of the plants pulling the water out of the air but rather the plants are not transpiring as they would if the media was full of moisture.

I would and do suspect it is not a matter of the plants pulling the water out of the air but rather the plants are not transpiring as they would if the media was full of moisture.
I dunno, I’m pretty spot on with my watering practices. Now, unlike Roots, we were experiencing lower than normal humidity.
A very unusual grow this time.

Outside air is 69 rh ? Is that your intake air ? And you’re still running humidifier? Something wonky ? I’d have to run a dehumidifier if those were my numbers ? That’s crazy

Hell of a sale going on at Captain Redbeards! I just spent 255.00 on seeds, used the coupon Christmas23 and 89.95 was deducted from the total!
DFG just sent me a good Xmas deal as well , I shouldn’t even b think I’m bout buying seeds hell I won’t have a room till spring , and I have a lifetime supply 🙄but it is Xmas 🎅

I got one rolled up and some hot chocolate on the way. Xlent way to end the day!
Almost 3am but a hot chocolate and a vape sounds good before I try to get a few hours.

Morning all.

Weathers on the warmer but wet side still. Supposed to get really warm Friday.

Better than shoveling I guess. 👍

Enjoy the day. Only 4 more sleeps until Christmas morning. 😱

• Deleted by Observer
Show…
I think someone here tried to do that too but the links werent allowed, it mightve been a different site though.

I told the guy using coffee, soda, and monster hes using the wrong stuff.

He needs Brawndo! It has what plants crave, its got electrolytes!!
😂

This is why I don't use my phone besides generally not using my phone at all.
I get verification every time on phone, but phone won't let me on my email so no go~!🤪
Just another reason I hate phones and seem to live fine without the common uses so many need them for today.
I actually carry my phone [brace yourself] in case I have an emergency and need help.
Can you imagine~!!!
Join the old folks like us, our phones don't leave the house, they attach to a wall and they never get lost or take pictures of anything.

Mornin yiz Menz!
Crazy beautiful day in the Zarks! Nutty weather but I’ll take it! Actually sitting on the porch this morning. Sunny still and a very nice 60*.
I woke up in a panic this morning, realizing what I had done. I hung all of my weed to dry and it dawned on me that I had failed to mark each strain. Thankfully it was still wet and I remembered in which order I had hung them and was able to tell them apart!
Some days the cranial center just checks out! Sheeeeesh!
Here’s wishing all of you a fantastic day!

At the plastic surgeon with my wife.
So far so good, shes gotta keep ger stitches even longer.
Her not having much feeling is apparently normal and the doc doesnt have any concerns yet. Not even considering hand therapy at all.

A couple days ago I went to give a customer a bid to replace his furnace/AC. While I was there he happens to mention to me that he smokes, and then he tells me he grows a bit too. So I break out pictures of my plants. He takes one look and says "what are you feeding these things" so I told him all about the CannaGranny method & sent him a copy of the soil/feed recipe CG sent me. Then he left me a 5 star review at work which I get paid out $10 for. (thankfully he didn't mention the weed talk in the review 😂)

What week of flower are you?
Soil brand and name?
Plant pot size?
Week 4
Roots Original
7 Gal Cloth Pots
Wow! Sounds exactly like what's happening in my case. I'm using FloraFlex Matrix plates to water. One would think that putting a plastic top over your media would actually trap more moisture in the soil and reduce evaporation but that doesn't seem to be a factor here. The last watering, they got a gallon and a quarter so, volume wise, it's not like the media isn't being saturated. I was watering twice a week so every 3 days or so like you but, like you, I increased watering frequency and they're still pulling water like crazy. One thing I was thinking was this time around I've been pushing them harder as far as temp and DLI. I'm in Week 4 so, normally, you would see DLI around 35-36. DLI is currently 42.

I'm thinking the rise in temp and DLI is increasing metabolism and pushing more water through them. Of course, if this was happening, I should see a rise in general RH in the tent or higher fan activity removing more humidity but I don't see that happening here.

I watered them last night and fed them 8 gallons. 5 pots. Let's see if it's just a water volume issue.
So you feel that once they sucked the soil dry they just stopped transpiring or at least it slowed to a rate that dropped the RH in the tent? Do you think it would be best to increase feed frequency to every day? I don't want them to slow down simply because I'm not giving them the volume of water they want. Currently they are being fed every other day with a 2 day span over the weekend. M/W/F. Maybe add another feed on Saturday? Feed every day but lower the volume? Don't want to overwater them.
Outside air is 69 rh ? Is that your intake air ? And you’re still running humidifier? Something wonky ? I’d have to run a dehumidifier if those were my numbers ? That’s crazy
I don't intake air directly from outside. I use a lung room. It's an office in my house so all air gets run through the HVAC. RH in the house usually runs around 50% - 60%.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom