Super pretty! Any idea what the parentage is? Eight in a five by, that thought scares the shit outta me. The one and only time I ever did that, I learned a lot about mold😕
No idea on %, sweet blueberry smoke. 8 fit well for me in 3 gal pots. 6 would max me out in 5 gal. I'm only using the back 2/3 of the tent. 2 plants deep, anymore than that wouldn't work. I'm wanting to put my Auto Pots in the 5x5 with 6 - 15Lpots. 4 of these auto pots are exceeding my expectations in growth and health of the plants in my 3x3 so when they're done I want to expand to 6, then a full tent of QCBlue....ya that's the ticket....good talk...lol. I'm smoking the Blue now......
1685805111272.png

I push it when I put three seven gallon pots in my five by five. Truthfully it’s the right size for two. I have found that these ladies are kind of like fish. They grow to fit their surroundings. The reason I now fully believe this, three grows now of a single plant in a four by four. First take 10 zip, second 12 and this last one 15. Same genetics twice, Orange Widow and this last, Runtz Wreck.

See yall again for harvest time in ~2 months :p
I also have a harvest due about that time. I'm thinking they'll be ready to chop mid to late July. They're two weeks past the flip. I think they've stopped stretching and I'm seeing good bud development.

They grow to fit their surroundings.
They sure seem to do so. The two plants I have in my 2x4 are taking up every inch of space.

I also have a harvest due about that time. I'm thinking they'll be ready to chop mid to late July. They're two weeks past the flip. I think they've stopped stretching and I'm seeing good bud development.

They sure seem to do so. The two plants I have in my 2x4 are taking up every inch of space.
Share up the pics! What ya growing?

My mindset is less larger plants longer veg and higher yield per plant.

More smaller plants less veg time and less yield per plant.

Yields should be overall very similar. This is why most places count yield per m2.

I personally like more smaller plants as it can be the difference between 1-2 more harvests a year in a fast growing media which in turn is more yield per year however less yield per plant.

In soil i would feel different maybe because of the difference in growth rates. Coco perlite is probably the best suited for a short veg time.

I push it when I put three seven gallon pots in my five by five. Truthfully it’s the right size for two. I have found that these ladies are kind of like fish. They grow to fit their surroundings. The reason I now fully believe this, three grows now of a single plant in a four by four. First take 10 zip, second 12 and this last one 15. Same genetics twice, Orange Widow and this last, Runtz Wreck.
7 gal pots scare me, for 1 reason is I use the lift and feel test and 5 is as big as I'll go...... and only then if I have to like this revegged auto I just stuck in the 5x5 ......6 months from root.

I have to keep the door of my 3x3 open from the humidity caused by water in my auto pot bases and a constantly damp medium, large pots have the same effect in confined areas making keeping the RH low in flower really tough in the best of circumstances.

After rereading this I realize its all old news I'm going auto pots.....I don't need to be lifting and feeling anymore....soon..I'll be...Ebb and flow....ha who says you can't teach an old dog....
1685806838505.png

I have this Do Si Do1685807528820.png
Quebec Blast1685807629709.png
Sour Diesel1685807781495.png

Last edited:
Share up the pics! What ya growing?
The lights are off now. This crop is Black Jack feminized, indica dominant. I bought the seeds for my first crop last summer that had spider mites. We decided to try them again to see what we missed. This time, they're growing without any problems. This is supposed to be an easy to grow strain that's good for a new grower. The two plants are very different, though. One is 24 inches tall and bushy. The other is 48 inches.

7 gal pots scare me, for 1 reason is I use the lift and feel test and 5 is as big as I'll go...... and only then if I have to like this revegged auto I just stuck in the 5x5 ......6 months from root.

I have to keep the door of my 3x3 open from the humidity caused by water in my auto pot bases and a constantly damp medium, large pots have the same effect in confined areas making keeping the RH low in flower really tough in the best of circumstances.

After rereading this I realize its all old news I'm going auto pots.....I don't need to be lifting and feeling anymore....soon..I'll be...Ebb and flow....ha who says you can't teach an old dog....
View attachment 5429
Well it takes all the azz I have to move these seven gallon pots! Specifically when they are wet!

My mindset is less larger plants longer veg and higher yield per plant.

More smaller plants less veg time and less yield per plant.

Yields should be overall very similar. This is why most places count yield per m2.

I personally like more smaller plants as it can be the difference between 1-2 more harvests a year in a fast growing media which in turn is more yield per year however less yield per plant.

In soil i would feel different maybe because of the difference in growth rates. Coco perlite is probably the best suited for a short veg time.
I have been growing inside for about a year now, and have decided finding the best growing method is both important and personal. It also takes experience to figure out. I started with a 4x4 and then downsized to 2x4 and 28"x28" tents. What I'm still working on is the timing, for example, the best time to flip. I think I tend to wait too long.

I have been growing inside for about a year now, and have decided finding the best growing method is both important and personal. It also takes experience to figure out. I started with a 4x4 and then downsized to 2x4 and 28"x28" tents. What I'm still working on is the timing, for example, the best time to flip. I think I tend to wait too long.
I couldn’t agree more… every grow room is its own recreation of nature. Our schedules, equipment, genetics, knowledge, budgets etc all vary and what works for one may not for others.

I have been doing this for thirty five years and to this very day, I still learn things. I will say that an indoor grow is a never ending challenge. As Mother Nature, we kinda suck!
I screwed up this round, big time. I had some landrace Durban Poison that a friend of mine took a clone of, sent it out West to cross breed to see if the sheer size of it could be lessened with some creative indica genetics. That answer is nope. It’s just as tall as the original except now it has huge leaves.
Im 5’10 and it lacks about four inches being as tall as I am.

I couldn’t agree more… every grow room is its own recreation of nature. Our schedules, equipment, genetics, knowledge, budgets etc all vary and what works for one may not for others.
Or like me you fuck up and wait for THEM to tell it’s okay to proceed. But then you have 40” plant from soil top. 🤦🤣

I think I tend to wait too long.
No such thing imho, as long as you have the space and not impatient to harvest. I likes them big but as Aqua says there's different expectations with longer grows. I've rarely gone under 6 weeks. I don't find the tree's mass big enough to produce the fruit I want.

I've grown a few auto's...the puny little things almost 4 months to grow and harvest with little more than 1 weeks smoke as a result. fk that I'd like to get at least 1 months smoke per plant at about 1+ OZ per week....Lots of plants flip them quick, few plants let em grow.

Break their backs and bend them over in any direction you want. I like that snap with the Kyle Kushman Chiropractics trick. If you have the space to lay them down they seem to like it.
I’m on it sir. G$ and CG have told me I can use whips and chains to make them cooperate. I’m over the fear of damage now. Maybe too much so. 🤣

That snap/pop is like bubble wrap. Strangely satisfying. 🤣

I think I need to bend Twin1 tonight. She’s creeping up.

I dont mean to sound combative if i an here but…. There is no such thing as fucking up or mistakes…. Only opportunity to learn and knowledge isn’t cheap either so embrace it and learn.

Im mean hell i used to turn my plants and clean em all up before picture day because i cared what ppl thought.

If you watched my crown rot and ridiculous res temps in my last grow you can see exactly what im saying…. I learned a shit ton off a mediocre grow and that was far more valuable than if i had a perfect grow.

I now have tried true method to cure crown rot that i am able to pass along if anyone needs and i know how to for myself.

Nobody has perfect grows… only pictures of what may appear to be but behind those pics are always struggles and to me its a grower’s ability to identify and correct problems quickly that is impressive.

Like @CannaGranny and many others here including myself… (sorry if im speaking for you here) years of fuck up have given us knowledge that can be shared…. and nobody has a perfect grow we just get better at it as we continue to fuck up

I dont mean to sound combative if i an here but…. There is no such thing as fucking up or mistakes…. Only opportunity to learn and knowledge isn’t cheap either so embrace it and learn.

Im mean hell i used to turn my plants and clean em all up before picture day because i cared what ppl thought.

If you watched my crown rot and ridiculous res temps in my last grow you can see exactly what im saying…. I learned a shit ton off a mediocre grow and that was far more valuable than if i had a perfect grow.

I now have tried true method to cure crown rot that i am able to pass along if anyone needs and i know how to for myself.

Nobody has perfect grows… only pictures of what may appear to be but behind those pics are always struggles and to me its a grower’s ability to identify and correct problems quickly that is impressive.

Like @CannaGranny and many others here including myself… (sorry if im speaking for you here) years of fuck up have given us knowledge that can be shared…. and nobody has a perfect grow we just get better at it as we continue to fuck up
Well said! When I first started indoors you and mimed had me all over the place , don’t take that wrong you guys got me to top shelf bud ! - but where I was going is I used to over feed , wrong ph , add this , not that just to see what happened, I had a lot of bad looking plants but sure learned what worked in my situation. I’ll be moving to coco soon and start all over ! Lol

but behind those pics are always struggles and to me its a grower’s ability to identify and correct problems quickly that is impressive.
Correcting problems is where experience -- and forums -- matter. Both the grows I have going now began horribly. I kept them going, though, because I wanted to learn how to do it better. I end up looking forward to the next grow so I can make the changes I learned. I can see how someone who has been growing for many years can still say they learn from every crop. The challenges and rewards are endless. That's why it's fun.

Break their backs and bend them over in any direction you want. I like that snap with the Kyle Kushman Chiropractics trick. If you have the space to lay them down they seem to like it.
This girl has a spine as big as a cane pole! I have been bending and breaking her down for a bit..but we have reached a max point on that. I’ll show ya a pic this eve when I head upstairs.

yes indeed, Not too many pics of my yellowed up last harvest...lol.....Once they faded I lost interest even though they turned out some nice buds......learning curve ups and downs.....

Long story short. I used to golf a lot, could drive pretty good but couldn't chip or put well so I gave up for years...New job and the guys all golfed so I went out and shot the game of my life...like wow I was pretty good. I shot a 42 on 9 holes first time out in years. shit a little practice I'll be a star.... never broke 50 again that year and I played a lot. Everything I knew came together for one 9 hole round, then reality hit......I got back to 40 again but it took a lot of golf and practice just to get to average & consistent again, getting good was out of the question...

I get a few good grows in a row now but there's always something throwing a wrench into the works to screw things up

yes indeed, Not too many pics of my yellowed up last harvest...lol.....Once they faded I lost interest even though they turned out some nice buds......learning curve ups and downs.....

Long story short. I used to golf a lot, could drive pretty good but couldn't chip or put well so I gave up for years...New job and the guys all golfed so I went out and shot the game of my life...like wow I was pretty good. I shot a 42 on 9 holes first time out in years. shit a little practice I'll be a star.... never broke 50 again that year and I played a lot. Everything I knew came together for one 9 hole round, then reality hit......I got back to 40 again but it took a lot of golf and practice just to get to average & consistent again, getting good was out of the question...

I get a few good grows in a row now but there's always something throwing a wrench into the works to screw things up
I call those a learning curve 🙂. Can’t advise on the golf, I refused to chase balls..of any sort. However, I do like driving the cart 😂🤣😂😅.

I don't like to post pics. It can be embarrassing. But, because CG asked, here are a few pics of my Black Jack grow. Due to curiosity, I have largely let these grow with only minor defoliating. I wanted to see how they grew naturally (more or less, that is). This is day 16 since the flip. One stretched a lot and the other hardly at all. I thought about aborting the smaller plant, but curiosity led me to decide to just let it grow. The right plant was topped above the fifth node. The left plant topped itself at the cotyledons. It grew three stems, but one of them didn't grow beyond the first set of leaves. It has been weird from the start.

1685812812852.png

1685812613689.png

I have a wattage meter on my lights. So, you can see I'm running this light at 99 Watts. The light has a maximum of 240 Watts. The light is a ViparSpectra XS2000. I find I prefer the accuracy of a meter and have learned to titrate downward by a few watts to avoid light stress. I don't yet have the skill to push them hard. These plants complained when the wattage exceeded 100 Watts.

1685813009639.png

I don't like to post pics. It can be embarrassing. But, because CG asked, here are a few pics of my Black Jack grow. Due to curiosity, I have largely let these grow with only minor defoliating. I wanted to see how they grew naturally (more or less, that is). This is day 16 since the flip. One stretched a lot and the other hardly at all. I thought about aborting the smaller plant, but curiosity led me to decide to just let it grow. The right plant was topped above the fifth node. The left plant topped itself at the cotyledons. It grew three stems, but one of them didn't grow beyond the first set of leaves. It has been weird from the start.

View attachment 5447

View attachment 5445

I have a wattage meter on my lights. So, you can see I'm running this light at 99 Watts. The light has a maximum of 240 Watts. The light is a ViparSpectra XS2000. I find I prefer the accuracy of a meter and have learned to titrate downward by a few watts to avoid light stress. I don't yet have the skill to push them hard. These plants complained when the wattage exceeded 100 Watts.

View attachment 5448

Nice looking plants @Amnesia 🧙‍♂️ runts are worth growing out, especially if you don't have another plant ready to hot-swap into that space

Speaking of the learning curve... I have found my first year of growing cannabis to be a humbling experience. It can be much more involved than I imagined it to be when I began. Mother Nature I'll never be. I'll just hope to get close.

View attachment 5447

View attachment 5445

View attachment 5448
Nuttin to be embarrassed about in there ! Want embarrassing ck my mess out .

Back
Top Bottom