All ya'll better enjoy your Friday. I'm headed to night shift tonight and my next day off is not in the forecast.

Pipe says when you're retired, every day is Friday. We'll when you're understaffed, every day feels like a Monday. Damn near gotta rock-paper-scissors or arm wrestle for a weekend off...

All ya'll better enjoy your Friday. I'm headed to night shift tonight and my next day off is not in the forecast.

Pipe says when you're retired, every day is Friday. We'll when you're understaffed, every day feels like a Monday. Damn near gotta rock-paper-scissors or arm wrestle for a weekend off...
We ran a small convenience / video store for 17 years 7 days a week 7am-9pm for 10 then we cut back to 9-9 then 9-8 and the last 2 years we closed on Sundays...Just my wife and I, we had a bit of help Mondays and Fridays from 9-5 when we'd go shopping for supplies and out for lunch but that was it. We'd close once a year for a week so we could fly south in the winter but other than that we worked the store.

Attachments

• store`1.png
    store`1.png
    375.4 KB · Views: 5
We ran a small convenience / video store for 17 years 7 days a week 7am-9pm for 10 then we cut back to 9-9 then 9-8 and the last 2 years we closed on Sundays...Just my wife and I, we had a bit of help Mondays and Fridays from 9-5 when we'd go shopping for supplies and out for lunch but that was it. We'd close once a year for a week so we could fly south in the winter but other than that we worked the store.
That's really putting in the hours. Time goes by fast without weekends off.

That's really putting in the hours. Time goes by fast without weekends off.
lots of hours yes, we lived in the store for the most part and switch off, I'd open most days and my wife would come down 11am ish and I'd go up to the house for an hour or 2, smoke, tend my plants and stuff. In the summer it could be busy with Ice cream cone sales and that took 2 of us full time with few breaks....I'm glad we're done with all that bullshit....retirement is so much better

Wife’s work is crazy this week. Manager is off for a month so he dumped everything on a supervisor.

Now everyone is calling in sick all week. Hospital is so under staffed right now. Our phone keeps ringing with coworkers asking if she wants to come in or a shift or even a few hours…every night this week. Same for my son just a different department. 🤦

Used to be lots of those little mom/pop shops up north. Save you going all the way to a big town for little things or a video.

Most are gone now. What time and the economy didn’t kill Covid finished off. One turned into a nursery last I drove by but that was a few years ago.

Went into town this morning to meet some friends for breakfast. Tried out a new place that has homemade biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were heavenly. The gravy well, you may bullshit a bullshitter some of the time.. All I can say is the lady does live over the top of the restaurant and it is made in her “home”..but that’s a big stretch on it. Bagged junk that looked like (and I fathom it tasting like) wall paste with sausage in it.
Anyways we met up at the “hole” down on the river for an early morning smoke, like we used to do when I was just a kid. Five of us still left, still hanging out at the river sneaking a smoke, sharing laughter and memories.
Here it is noon thirty and my whole day thus far has been great! I think I need a nap 💤 now…

dog-school.gif

We made it~!
Hope the week wasn't too ruff on any of you. :p

Spray the roots every hour with spray bottle?
Believe it or not, I don't have one 😂
I'm also gonna have to take the fam out for dinner cause we can't cook anything. Just got home from grocery shopping, got everything put away and poof, power went out lol.
Everything is in veg still so whatever happens, happens. I'll just take more cuts ✂️

Went into town this morning to meet some friends for breakfast. Tried out a new place that has homemade biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were heavenly. The gravy well, you may bullshit a bullshitter some of the time.. All I can say is the lady does live over the top of the restaurant and it is made in her “home”..but that’s a big stretch on it. Bagged junk that looked like (and I fathom it tasting like) wall paste with sausage in it.
Anyways we met up at the “hole” down on the river for an early morning smoke, like we used to do when I was just a kid. Five of us still left, still hanging out at the river sneaking a smoke, sharing laughter and memories.
Here it is noon thirty and my whole day thus far has been great! I think I need a nap 💤 now…
I used to do a lot of golfing and in my 40's one of my favorite things to do was be out on the course at sun up with the greens grew and lawn mowing guys before it opened and smoke a fatty then do practice shots drop 4-5 balls from 150 yards out and see how close I could get or practice shots where ever the crew wasn't working.......I had permission I just paid when I left as the club house opened......

all by myself out with the birds, morning dew, light wispy fog in low laying area's 4:45ish am summer days it was surreal with the low sun slowly lighting the greens.....I haven't golfed now in 20 years since my hips went bad.......but I'm back and who knows I may whack a ball or 2 this year just to see if I can, early morning with no one else around and a joint in hand

Spray the roots every hour with spray bottle?
Suggested it earlier. Doesn’t have one. Do the roots at least sit in the reservoir?

I’m thinking if it’s closed until powers back that might be okay since it’s so humid anyway. Otherwise dampen them every few hours. 🤷‍♂️

Believe it or not, I don't have one 😂
I'm also gonna have to take the fam out for dinner cause we can't cook anything. Just got home from grocery shopping, got everything put away and poof, power went out lol.
Everything is in veg still so whatever happens, happens. I'll just take more cuts ✂️
Grab a $ store squirt bottle while out.

Suggested it earlier. Doesn’t have one. Do the roots at least sit in the reservoir?

I’m thinking if it’s closed until powers back that might be okay since it’s so humid anyway. Otherwise dampen them every few hours. 🤷‍♂️
I have close to 100% success in growing out cuttings by simply trimming up the cut, by scraping off the bark 1" off the bottom dipping it in rooting gel and sticking it in a premade hole in a solo cup of promix /VPW30 with a drop of gel in the bottom, saturating it with water, cut all leaves at 90* to stop transpiration, spray, dome and keep warm, twice daily spraying dome and plants, once every 4-5 days more water....low light & they all grow.

I used to take 3-4 cuts of each plant to assure 1 would grow to keep the strain alive..........now I'll take just 1......they don't fail....ever....they don't seem to want to die even with abuse they just keep struggling back

I have close to 100% success in growing out cuttings by simply trimming up the cut, by scraping off the bark 1" off the bottom dipping it in rooting gel and sticking it in a premade hole in a solo cup of promix /VPW30 with a drop of gel in the bottom, saturating it with water, cut all leaves at 90* to stop transpiration, spray, dome and keep warm, twice daily spraying dome and plants, once every 4-5 days more water....low light & they all grow.

I used to take 3-4 cuts of each plant to assure 1 would grow to keep the strain alive..........now I'll take just 1......they don't fail....ever....they don't seem to want to die even with abuse they just keep struggling back

I’ve been lucky too. I either do very similar to you or just toss them in a water can inside the tent under the canopy. 21 days or less nice roots most of the time. I just have to remember to dump and add fresh water.

Seeds I have to respect. ✊

We just got back from the gym, my wife says salad for supper?.....I want a steak, pizza with a Chinese buffet attached but I'll have fkin salad...lol......dieting at times sucks...most of the time I'm good its just when I'm awake and breathing it bothers me. I want more than a salad for supper but salad it is....I get a few croutons tonight....mmm almost meat?.......lol....weed hits me well after a workout....

We just got back from the gym, my wife says salad for supper?.....I want a steak, pizza with a Chinese buffet attached but I'll have fkin salad...lol......dieting at times sucks...most of the time I'm good its just when I'm awake and breathing it bothers me. I want more than a salad for supper but salad it is....I get a few croutons tonight....mmm almost meat?.......lol....weed hits me well after a workout....
I hear they put steak on salads 🤷🏻
Tell her that's what you want 😂

I was close to muffins . Made Blueberry pancakes for dinner this evening with Blueberry’s picked off our bushes 5 minutes before. Does that count, lol

hell yeah that counts!!!!!! better my stinky store bought!! they weren't stinky though, kinda really good!!!

Back
Top Bottom