I moved the light back up a little. Looked like the points were trying to curl. I'll check closely in the morning and try to get the lady to send me some midday pics.

How you looking there homie?
I'll give an update when I get home. I know the one that we were originally concerned with is the best looking one so far. The other two are lagging behind popping their second set of leaves and one showed the same signs of tip burn. So far I'm just trying to please the one that seems happiest.

How you looking there homie?
First is the one we've been watching(now doing the best?). Last is the late bloomer. New hydroton showed up today so I'm gonna get that soaking and can transplant tomorrow. Hopefully I'm easy enough on the roots.

Kids are currently getting their market update from the public radio.
20230516_173442.jpg
20230516_173501.jpg
20230516_173523.jpg
20230516_173551.jpg

Great starts are alway the most fun. You got options now. Nice work
Thanks, Moe.
I wonder if the other two were stunted a little after moving them? That one is throwing it's third set of leaves while the other two look like they're struggling with their second set.

For the transplant tomorrow, my plan was to fill the little tupperwares so the hydroton floats and then just pull out the plugs to gently place them in the net pots. I don't wanna damage the roots too much, obviosly. Any pointers for that process? Does the taproot receive any special treatment?

Thanks, Moe.
I wonder if the other two were stunted a little after moving them? That one is throwing it's third set of leaves while the other two look like they're struggling with their second set.

For the transplant tomorrow, my plan was to fill the little tupperwares so the hydroton floats and then just pull out the plugs to gently place them in the net pots. I don't wanna damage the roots too much, obviosly. Any pointers for that process? Does the taproot receive any special treatment?
I’ve never had 3 seeds grow at the same rate.

No you got this hydroton is easy to work with. Tap root down lol

The hydroton I ordered appears to be of a higher quality and arrived, what seemed to be, moistened. It's a little less lavarock looking, to me at least.

So... I thoroughly rinsed them off and went ahead with the transplant. The late bloomer is still leading the charge in terms of taproot. The better looking of the 3 had the most roots shooting out of the plug.

Here they are in their new beds and here's a close-up of the top contender. Everyone is quietly tucked in, lights out, listening to some smooth Night Crossings. Gotta love some pan flute late at night.
20230516_222854.jpg
20230516_222906.jpg
The netpots are reverse wrapped with electrical tape to keep the light out and the plug is buried a little deeper now than before. Once the winner is chosen, the tape will come off and into the system she goes. Only time will tell.

I really appreciate your interest, man. I'm not at liberty to discuss this project with anyone I know personally. Loose lips sink ships and this boat's goin places!
Don't talk about my grow, don't grow about my talk. Ask me anything and I'll change my name; my name is don't ask. Hark grumpy nice job!

Today's update. 1 still going strong. 2's got some spotting and 3 I accidently dribbled a bit of water on her. Slight spotting as well. Also a little bit of curl going on. Here they are...
20230518_180704.jpg20230518_180714.jpg20230518_180732.jpg20230518_180745.jpg

Got a half dozen ducklings when my kid was young. He named them Lucy and the 5 Lola’s.
I raised runner ducks for 3-4 years and those times were some of my favorites. It just started as a productive use of my time and really grew into something I'll always cherish. I like caring for living things and that's why I'm so excited about taking my first steps into this hobby.

So we're gonna call the prettiest one Cannabis Morissette. The other two will receive a proper name when the time is right.

This is going to be a great grow.

I'm finding myself having difficulty keeping up with all the threads. I'm going to try, but please feel free to tag me in or PM me if you have a question and I am not responding. I logged in this morning to 47 on my bell, and a bunch of PMs. I love it!

@Aqua Man is also a huge resource here, he has probably forgotten more than I know. He had a big hand in training me up.

I know dude, it happened fast. Good shit.
It's not over. We have more top growers coming from what I have been told. Very happy, the people here are really amazing.

We have so many good people now, I feel like a troll will get shut down fast without even needing moderation. Hard to get over on folks that have been growing for decades and know what's what. Starting with that user base just seems like a recipe for success.

This is going to be a great grow.

I'm finding myself having difficulty keeping up with all the threads. I'm going to try, but please feel free to tag me in or PM me if you have a question and I am not responding. I logged in this morning to 47 on my bell, and a bunch of PMs. I love it!

@Aqua Man is also a huge resource here, he has probably forgotten more than I know. He had a big hand in training me up.
For sure man! I can't wait.

Yeah you got a lot going on lmao. Questions will arrive that need your attention but for the most part, come and go as you please. You've gotten me off to an awesome start. Next question in mind is... about what age do you start giving them nutes? That'll prolly be when my decision is made. Cannabis Morissette is itching to get comfy in her fallponics apartment.

you can start now but keep it very low ppm - like 150.

Your cotyledons are still doing great. If the plant needs nutes (mostly N at this point) it will start to steal from them. If they start to brown up, you waited a day too long for perfection. Perfection is not needed.

A dash of cal-mag, some grow, and that's about it for now. Growth is currently focused more on roots, they will stretch looking for food and water, that is a good thing. Too much nutes and you can do more harm than good.

you can start now but keep it very low ppm - like 150.

Your cotyledons are still doing great. If the plant needs nutes (mostly N at this point) it will start to steal from them. If they start to brown up, you waited a day too long for perfection. Perfection is not needed.

A dash of cal-mag, some grow, and that's about it for now. Growth is currently focused more on roots, they will stretch looking for food and water, that is a good thing. Too much nutes and you can do more harm than good.
Word. I can mix a new batch this weekend cuz right now the system is sitting at 280 with pH at 6.0. My chiller was damaged in shipping so we're waiting for that to resolve, unfortunately. Also had the pump I ordered separately get lost. Quite the shipping debacle this last couple weeks.

Word. I can mix a new batch this weekend cuz right now the system is sitting at 280 with pH at 6.0. My chiller was damaged in shipping so we're waiting for that to resolve, unfortunately. Also had the pump I ordered separately get lost. Quite the shipping debacle this last couple weeks.
I just went to my 3rd grow store looking for stuff. This last one closed.

I guess I'm buying crap online again and dealing with the same shipping headaches. Oh well. Life in the fast lane.

Welcome to my world. I have found eBay to be the best mostly because you can find most stuff with free shipping if you look around. Super good when you buy soil because it's so bulky and heavy too.

Back
Top Bottom