you are 18/6 right now, correct? Seems early for stipules to develop.

Roots visible yet?
No roots this morning. I'm thinking transplanting it twice might've affected that?

Yeah still 18/6. What am I looking for when you say stipules?

Edit: looked it up and it's the little pokie dudes coming out under the leaves, correct?

My chiller arrived today. How much heat do they put off? Seems counter productive to have it next to the lower rez, under the upper rez. That's the only place in the closet it would fit, so out she goes. It could go in the lung room but there lies a different problem. I like to nap in there sometimes and there'd be no room to sprawl out. I'll plumb it through the wall, right out in the open, far less incognito than initially planned.

The pump for the chiller was lost by UPS. I got my refund from Amazon and am waiting for the new one to arrive. Then we're cooling water baby. Chillin'.

Here's the bugger today and a shot of her undercarriage. Are the jets too aggressive? Is that prolonging the root process? Water level is just under the pot, less than an inch. 20230523_182741.jpg20230523_182752.jpg
View attachment 20230523_182800.mp4

Last edited:
My chiller arrived today. How much heat do they put off? Seems counter productive to have it next to the lower rez, under the upper rez. That's the only place in the closet it would fit, so out she goes. It could go in the lung room but there lies a different problem. I like to nap in there sometimes and there'd be no room to sprawl out. I'll plumb it through the wall, right out in the open, far less incognito than initially planned.

The lump for the chiller was lost by UPS. I got my refund from Amazon and am waiting for it to arrive. Then we're cooling water baby. Chillin'.

Here's the bugger today and a shot of her undercarriage. Are the jets too aggressive? Is that prolonging the root process? Water level is just under the pot, less than an inch. View attachment 3967View attachment 3968
View attachment 3978
Depends how much it runs, the efficiency and the wattage. If you can keep it outside the grow room

or come on as often yeash
That back room is noisy as it is lol. It's way back there though so the noise isn't noticeable unless you're in our bedroom or the baby's toy room. I've got a window unit and my loud ass air pump outside the closet already. It's actually quite peaceful in the closet comparatively.

No roots this morning. I'm thinking transplanting it twice might've affected that?

Yeah still 18/6. What am I looking for when you say stipules?

Edit: looked it up and it's the little pokie dudes coming out under the leaves, correct?
Yes, the little pointy things.

They are often confused with pre-flowers.

I just normally see them start after a few nodes. Yours happened after the cotyledons. But every plant is different. Just wanted to make sure you were not at 12/12 which can cause seedlings some strange morphology.

Yes, the little pointy things.

They are often confused with pre-flowers.

I just normally see them start after a few nodes. Yours happened after the cotyledons. But every plant is different. Just wanted to make sure you were not at 12/12 which can cause seedlings some strange morphology.
Yep. I took an hour out of the day early on but only for a couple days.

Here we are this evening. She looks a lot perkier than she did this morning. I'm loving the growth on this thing. I've never really grown anything from a seed, though, so this is a whole new experience for me.

No root yet. She's in a 6" netpot if that makes any kind of difference.
20230524_174524.jpg20230524_174533.jpg

Here we are this evening. She looks a lot perkier than she did this morning. I'm loving the growth on this thing. I've never really grown anything from a seed, though, so this is a whole new experience for me.

No root yet. She's in a 6" netpot if that makes any kind of difference.
View attachment 4090View attachment 4089
Im gonna guess about a week to explosive growth

Any roots poking out of the net pot yet?
Not just yet. I would think any day now with how much she's growing up top.
Im gonna guess about a week to explosive growth
Man if this hasn't been explosive growth I don't know if I can handle explosive. We're 18 days from a dry seed and that just seems wild to me. I'm loving it and can tell this is gonna be such a rewarding adventure. Glad to have y'all on board.

Man if this hasn't been explosive growth I don't know if I can handle explosive. We're 18 days from a dry seed and that just seems wild to me. I'm loving it and can tell this is gonna be such a rewarding adventure. Glad to have y'all on board.
Lol. Bless your heart. You bought some snips right?

Lemme put it to you this way....

You've lit the fuse.....the explosion is forthcoming!!! 😆

Back
Top Bottom