I think your avatar needs to change daily so you can update your progress. ;)

And yeah, get some scissors. This grow style dialed in you will double your roots and green daily during the fun part of veg.
That's funny you say that because I've been doing that already at least every other day.

Above looking good still. Below no signs of life yet. She might just be shy showing us what she's been hiding. Any day now.

Ph never did make it to 6.0. It was still 5.9 yesterday morning and by the end of the day, swung back down to 5.8. 5.8 all day today.20230525_173054.jpg20230525_173111.jpg

Yeah I didn't wanna react at all 🤣.

I've just heard a trend up is good and when it stalled and flipped it made me raise an eyebrow.

Here's what I'm thinking...

I'm going to lower the light to 18" above canopy for the rest of today and tomorrow bring the intensity up to 20%. 30 is recommended for veg per SF.

Ph has come down to 5.5 sometime in the last few hours. If it hits 5.4, what's the plan? I'm thinking of upping the ppms to 175-200 range with a shot of Micro. Although I'm not positive since when mixing, the Micro goes first. Can I just add some Micro(diluted of course) to an already mixed solution? If so, that's my plan. See where that takes the pH and go from there.

The chiller pump arrived yesterday. I'll grab the remaining supplies needed when we run into town for dinner and more than likely get it running tomorrow, also.

I'm going to wanna top this girl a couple times, so when is it safe to start giving her a haircut?

Thoughts, @Moe.Red?

I hesitate to put too high an ec on a plant that is just now showing it's first root.

Other's may differ, but I would keep it about where you are and use a little PH up to get things centered. You can do that now. The good news is the trend did not continue.

I usually wait until I have roots in the water before I start dropping the light. But they look really good and you could do it if you want. Just be ready to make adjustments if anything gets funky.

On the topping, rule of thumb is not before the 4th node. But with your space, I might wait until 5 or 6 to get a bigger plant. You have a lot of room to tie down branches and go horizontally it seems to me.

We are getting into grow style here a bit. There is no wrong answer. Question is how do you envision the grow looking in flower?

I hesitate to put too high an ec on a plant that is just now showing it's first root.

Other's may differ, but I would keep it about where you are and use a little PH up to get things centered. You can do that now. The good news is the trend did not continue.

I usually wait until I have roots in the water before I start dropping the light. But they look really good and you could do it if you want. Just be ready to make adjustments if anything gets funky.

On the topping, rule of thumb is not before the 4th node. But with your space, I might wait until 5 or 6 to get a bigger plant. You have a lot of room to tie down branches and go horizontally it seems to me.

We are getting into grow style here a bit. There is no wrong answer. Question is how do you envision the grow looking in flower?
I'll watch her real close. The growth is apparent every time I've gone in there, and today kinda took me by surprise. Those first real leaves nearly doubled like you said.

I'll take your advice and hit it with some UP this evening and bring it up to 6.

You're right about having the room. I want this baby to fill a 3x3 screen. So you're thinking less topping and more of just running her horizontally under the screen? My original thoughts were to top twice and run the four horizontally.

I'm loving the grow style comment. I'll eventually figure out what works for me. I'm just glad to have you along for the ride, correcting critical errors. It just adds another level of confidence. We got this!

When you scrog, you really want to end up with 4 8 or 16 colas, dividing the supporting structure as equally as you can.

If you were willing to spend the veg time, you could go 32. You should have something like 36 squares in a 3x3 so one cola per square would be the target. That is a lot tho IMO, 16 might be the better target. To get there you will be bending over the longest branches to reach the corners. You are going to need some height to manage that.

This will make way more sense when we get further along.

When you scrog, you really want to end up with 4 8 or 16 colas, dividing the supporting structure as equally as you can.

If you were willing to spend the veg time, you could go 32. You should have something like 36 squares in a 3x3 so one cola per square would be the target. That is a lot tho IMO, 16 might be the better target. To get there you will be bending over the longest branches to reach the corners. You are going to need some height to manage that.

This will make way more sense when we get further along.
I think I've got the height. I'm able to take the light all the way to the ceiling of the tent so there's almost six feet above the lid available, 4.5 considering the 18 inch light-plant distance. Maybe I don't have the height? 🤣

I think I've got the height. I'm able to take the light all the way to the ceiling of the tent so there's almost six feet above the lid available, 4.5 considering the 18 inch light-plant distance. Maybe I don't have the height? 🤣
Have you seen a proper finished scrog? The height is what you make it. You will be twisting the plant to your desire.

Have you seen a proper finished scrog? The height is what you make it. You will be twisting the plant to your desire.
I've gone through quite a few pages showing scrogs but still can only imagine without the hands on experience of how the plant grows. I've got ideas but also no idea 🤣

I'm a little early to be following right along with @CannaGranny and her single plant 5x5. Maybe she'll be able to pop in when the time is right.

I still have a rack to build and some hooks to mount to the lid. The way this thing is growing, I'd better get on that.

Give it a little time.

The flow of water thru the plant is dependent on many factors. Right now you are trying to balance root size with leaf size. I think this will be a non issue when the roots catch up. But yeah this is why I wait until I have roots in water to turn up the light.

This I how they will look at sun up naturally. This is not a plant in stress that requires action imo. Just time to adjust. And more roots!

Give it a little time.

The flow of water thru the plant is dependent on many factors. Right now you are trying to balance root size with leaf size. I think this will be a non issue when the roots catch up. But yeah this is why I wait until I have roots in water to turn up the light.

This I how they will look at sun up naturally. This is not a plant in stress that requires action imo. Just time to adjust. And more roots!
I left the light alone last night. It's still at 10% 18" up. Peeked in through the window real quick this morning and they do look perkier. I'll go in for a top-feed once mama bear wakes up and can watch this little turd for a minute.

Edit: I hit the rez with 5mL of UP last night and it's settled at 6.1 this morning 👍

The plant looks like it wants to be tall. Internode spacing is sativa leaning. I'll be interested to see the shape of 5+ bladed leaves.

This is where blue light would be helpful. Spectrum is more effective at controlling morphology than raw ppfd. Some folks will say that plant needs more light. I would say it needs more blue less red but same ppfd. Some things you just can't control in a grow tho, so this is where we adapt to reality as it presents itself.

I may retract my 5+ node top statement and go after 4. Start the process a bit earlier and embrace the long internode you are getting.

Got your net sorted?

The plant looks like it wants to be tall. Internode spacing is sativa leaning. I'll be interested to see the shape of 5+ bladed leaves.

This is where blue light would be helpful. Spectrum is more effective at controlling morphology than raw ppfd. Some folks will say that plant needs more light. I would say it needs more blue less red but same ppfd. Some things you just can't control in a grow tho, so this is where we adapt to reality as it presents itself.

I may retract my 5+ node top statement and go after 4. Start the process a bit earlier and embrace the long internode you are getting.

Got your net sorted?
Interesting on your sativa leaning take. The dude that started the grow-off at the farm said it was the shortest plant in his tent. Seeds came from a phenohunter line so it makes sense. I'm a big fan of the sativa heavy hybrids so heck yeah.

I have the idea drawn up but haven't built anything for it yet. I'm going to build it out of ½" pvc and mount it to the lid. First net at 10-12" with seperate nets that'll be added as necessary. Not sure of the net material yet. I have several different types of string-lines I use at work that I'm considering.

That new set of leaves... Is that still the third node or the start of the fourth?

Back
Top Bottom