Also found this on the backside of the netpot..
View attachment 4747
OK time to look at bringing EC up.

Target is 250PPM on the 500 scale for this maneuver.

You need very little P and K. All about the N right now. The GH chart will show that.

I believe I see a biofilm forming, but no fungi (yet). Now would be the perfect time for a root bath in Great White or Orca then dump the leftovers in the res.

This also means we will be adding photons. Just try not to do too much at once, so if something goes wrong we have less variables.

@Moe.Red

Hey Moe! Do you think, now that he's showing roots through the basket that he should turn up the light a click or two?
Yes, I do.

Time to shape the veg to fit the screen. If we do this scrog right, the photons hitting the plant will go up without adjusting the light. So now it is a dance to see what she likes. Every grow for me has been different.

That's all the further I made it. The toddler isn't much help and she's insisted mom leave her alone today. I've got rings to screw into the lid for the first bit of LST in case the netting takes a while to finish.

Saturday afternoon I brought the pH back up to 6.0 and it's come down to 5.7 since. It just hit 5.7 so I would say it's basically been two days. Cause for concern? Or just usual drift and bring it back up once it hits 5.5?
@Moe.Red
So @Aqua Man and I have somewhat different experiences with PH. Mine tends to the downside, his rises. I've seen both from many growers. To me, a PH that kinda sticks around 5.7 is stable. The difference between 5.7 and 5.8 is irrelevant. I would do nothing but continue to observe. Aqua has a thread on PH you might want to check out.

Looks light, get ready to hold it down when you are in heavy veg the thing might move on you.
Will for sure be fastening it to the lid.

OK time to look at bringing EC up.

Target is 250PPM on the 500 scale for this maneuver.

You need very little P and K. All about the N right now. The GH chart will show that.
Micro has the most N and less of the P and K. Is that what I should throw in there?
I believe I see a biofilm forming, but no fungi (yet). Now would be the perfect time for a root bath in Great White or Orca then dump the leftovers in the res.
I thought I smelled a new smell in there today. Do I just make a new diluted solution of Orca and top-feed for the root bath?
This also means we will be adding photons. Just try not to do too much at once, so if something goes wrong we have less variables.
I'll bump it up to 30% in the morning. That's the recommended intensity for veg. It's been on 20% for today.

That was a lot and I've still got some catching up to do. I'll snap some pics and a video maybe to show you what we're working with.

Attachments

• 20230529_165433.jpg
    20230529_165433.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230529_165459.jpg
    20230529_165459.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230529_165518.jpg
    20230529_165518.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230529_165531.jpg
    20230529_165531.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 2
So @Aqua Man and I have somewhat different experiences with PH. Mine tends to the downside, his rises. I've seen both from many growers. To me, a PH that kinda sticks around 5.7 is stable. The difference between 5.7 and 5.8 is irrelevant. I would do nothing but continue to observe. Aqua has a thread on PH you might want to check out.
Also at low ppm ph is less stable… so it may just trend differently when upping the ppm

I'd give it a day or two to acclimatize to the 20% bump you already did. Bumping it another 30% is going to really up the photons and you might stress the plant.

Moe and Aqua would know better but that's my opinion.

I'd give it a day or two to acclimatize to the 20% bump you already did. Bumping it another 30% is going to really up the photons and you might stress the plant.

Moe and Aqua would know better but that's my opinion.
Cool. I also plan on adding some ppms tonight so another day or two before bumping it up would probably help her out.

So @Moe.Red is saying i can bring up the ppms to around 250. Here's what's in it right now +.5mL/gal of Orca diluted and top-fed.
20230520_180058.jpg
He says to give her mostly Nitrogen. The Micro has the most N with less of the PK. I'm thinking roughly 2mL/gal then maybe another .5mL/gal of the RapidStart. My only concern is that Micro is supposed to go first when mixing your solution, so can it be diluted and added as an amendment? Thoughts @Aqua Man? @Rootsruler? I forget who all my HydroHomies are..

So @Moe.Red is saying i can bring up the ppms to around 250. Here's what's in it right now +.5mL/gal of Orca diluted and top-fed.
View attachment 4838
He says to give her mostly Nitrogen. The Micro has the most N with less of the PK. I'm thinking roughly 2mL/gal then maybe another .5mL/gal of the RapidStart. My only concern is that Micro is supposed to go first when mixing your solution, so can it be diluted and added as an amendment? Thoughts @Aqua Man? @Rootsruler? I forget who all my HydroHomies are..
Yeah dilute atleast 10-1 and mix slowly should be fine

I just hit it with 2ml/gal of Micro and a .5ml/gal shot of RapidStart. Ppms sittings right at 250 (lucky shot) and it dropped the pH to 5.5. I'll hang out and do some dabs for a while before adding some UP and going to bed.

Should I be planning on plucking that newest set of leaves when I get home? Or snipping? I'm not sure of the preferred topping practice but I don't know if I trust myself to just pluck em.

Did you get your spacing figured out?
I thought about topping twice and running each of those arms to the corners, then just fill it in running those horizontally. The net consists of 3x3 squares.

Maybe I'm confused. I'm kinda just wingin' it cuz I have no clue 🤣

I would only be topping at this point, no defoliation.

I would only be topping if the space I had to work with would be better with a shorter plant.

What I had mentioned was to get the screen height figured based on the light top position, then figure out how much veg space you have to work with.

But yes, you can top now and wing it. you are between 4 and 5 nodes now?

I would only be topping at this point, no defoliation.

I would only be topping if the space I had to work with would be better with a shorter plant.

What I had mentioned was to get the screen height figured based on the light top position, then figure out how much veg space you have to work with.

But yes, you can top now and wing it. you are between 4 and 5 nodes now?
Yeah I believe the newest growth coming in will be the 5th node. I have no idea how tall this plant wants to grow but PeatPhreak over at the Farm said it was his shortest plant. What's about the maximum stretch you'll see usually?

I'll grab some more precise measurements when I get home tonight. I'm smelling what you're stepping in.

Basically I would approach this as a general framework. For example,

"I have 2' between the top of the pots and the screen."

This is a pic from @Cool_Beans current grow

20230520_091649-jpg.3336

So that 2' will become all stalks in your example. I think Beans has less headroom than you though.

You can see where he kinda forced the plant to fit his space.

You may very well change this next grow after you see how it goes, but that LST of pulling branches down and either keeping the middles long and forcing them to the corners, or topping to get the branch structure you want is what you need to plan for.

Knowing then what he knows now, beans probably would have vegged a bit longer to get a wider canopy to grab all the light. But every plant is different, and your grow will be different from his due to many factors, including the light.

So see where you want to be, and follow your gut as to what stays and what gets trimmed as you continue to veg. It does not have to be perfect to get a good harvest. But you will learn a ton from this.

In terms of stretch, you can use that to your advantage to get the whole net/canopy filled up.

Back
Top Bottom