The chiller worked fast. Water temp dropped from 75 to 70 in under 20 minutes. I bumped up the temp in the tent a degree a few days ago which brought the rez temp up.

Tent Temp: 76
Tent RH: 70
Res Temp: 70
PH: 6.0
Ppm: 160

I feel like I've aquired all the equipment necessary now. Things are only going up from here!

I still have my fingers crossed a dehumidifier won't be needed.
These last 2 years are the only years I've grown in the winter months and found it necessary to add a dehumidifier in my room. I heat half my shop with lp heater to 50 deg and my rooms are controlled with split.

These last 2 years are the only years I've grown in the winter months and found it necessary to add a dehumidifier in my room. I heat half my shop with lp heater to 50 deg and my rooms are controlled with split.
It's a lot more humid here in the summer months. It gets really damn dry around here in the winter.

My dehumidifier pulls 5 plus gallons a day out of my garage grow. Runs non-stop. Shit sucks. its like running a 2nd AC
When I get a few grows under my belt and expand, I'll surely need one. I'm just hoping this single plant tent can manage without. I'm not opposed to getting one, of course.

I shouldn't have put this off for so long but I finally fashioned something to help the hydroton block out the light. I just cut the bottom off an old soft-pot I had from when I thought about growing some trees.
20230528_145727.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @CannaGranny
I'm building a 3x3 rack for this plant. Is 10" above the lid a good height for the first net? I won't be gluing any joints so the height will be adjustable. It'll be made to add a second net for stretch, if necessary.

That's all the further I made it. The toddler isn't much help and she's insisted mom leave her alone today. I've got rings to screw into the lid for the first bit of LST in case the netting takes a while to finish.

Saturday afternoon I brought the pH back up to 6.0 and it's come down to 5.7 since. It just hit 5.7 so I would say it's basically been two days. Cause for concern? Or just usual drift and bring it back up once it hits 5.5?
@Moe.Red

I brought up the water level about a half inch with the top-off res which sits about 6.9 and is mostly RO. That brought the pH up to 5.8 and brought the ppms down to 150.

Last edited:
@Moe.Red

Hey Moe! Do you think, now that he's showing roots through the basket that he should turn up the light a click or two?
I bumped it up to 20% this morning. She seems to be loving it.

Little booger took a nap and let me weave the first trellis. It's fun seeing ideas come to life.20230529_153959.jpg

I bumped it up to 20% this morning. She seems to be loving it.

Little booger took a nap and let me weave the first trellis. It's fun seeing ideas come to life.View attachment 4782
looks perfect man. You can raise it with longer pipes easy enough. So the next thing is to set it in there and plan your grow.

So take your plant's current shape, and think about what you will need to do to stretch it and shape it into that net. Lots of tucking in your future.

You will set the height to what works best in your space. So considering the light with space overhead for cooling, Then how far away from the plants do you want the light? 18" or so? Then you have how long your colas will be. A lot of that is genetic.

You get where I am going, once you start using this I don't think you will want to be making adjustments in height, so size it to your growspace.

Now you have the height underneath the net set for vegging. That's what we need to look at next, with a clear side shot of the plant and figure out the steps to train it to fit the space.

Looks light, get ready to hold it down when you are in heavy veg the thing might move on you.

Back
Top Bottom