Basically I would approach this as a general framework. For example,

"I have 2' between the top of the pots and the screen."

This is a pic from @Cool_Beans current grow

20230520_091649-jpg.3336

So that 2' will become all stalks in your example. I think Beans has less headroom than you though.

You can see where he kinda forced the plant to fit his space.

You may very well change this next grow after you see how it goes, but that LST of pulling branches down and either keeping the middles long and forcing them to the corners, or topping to get the branch structure you want is what you need to plan for.

Knowing then what he knows now, beans probably would have vegged a bit longer to get a wider canopy to grab all the light. But every plant is different, and your grow will be different from his due to many factors, including the light.

So see where you want to be, and follow your gut as to what stays and what gets trimmed as you continue to veg. It does not have to be perfect to get a good harvest. But you will learn a ton from this.

In terms of stretch, you can use that to your advantage to get the whole net/canopy filled up.
Moe is right on here Grump. Here are 2 clones of the same plant in that pic, 1st is being left to grow naturally, 2nd is topped and being trained for the closet.

20230530_144721.jpg

20230530_145639.jpg
20230530_145712.jpg

I wanna assume that it'll all make sense once I start getting my hands on it. This is the first tutorial I looked at..

This is kind of what I have in my head except he's topped once here. I think i'll top twice. And run them like he's got only head one arm to each corner and just tuck and turn and fill up the net. Once again though... I have no idea what I'm doing 🤣
real-scrog-training.jpg

So have you been pulling certain branches down or using some LST clips? Only ask because I can't see either lol.
Actually this one I been mostly smushing the canopy down with my open hands every couple days. But generally yeah I use stripped 14/2 romex and tie branches down and bend them w my fingers where they need it. Its not difficult and you can come up with your own ways, so dont sweat it too much. I think it's the most enjoyable part of the process.

Actually this one I been mostly smushing the canopy down with my open hands every couple days. But generally yeah I use stripped 14/2 romex and tie branches down and bend them w my fingers where they need it. Its not difficult and you can come up with your own ways, so dont sweat it too much. I think it's the most enjoyable part of the process.
I don't know why but smushing it with your hand has me rollin 🤣

Did you move your screen up once?
Not this time. I made mine so I could add a second top as a trellis and legs that I could go from my minimum hight to max with just couplings. I have a tool box with different lengths. Table top is 40” off grown. Wasn’t by choice.

My other tent I had to remove from SCROG as the two plants got to big healing.

ABS & PVC are DIY erector sets.

Basically I would approach this as a general framework. For example,

"I have 2' between the top of the pots and the screen."

This is a pic from @Cool_Beans current grow

20230520_091649-jpg.3336

So that 2' will become all stalks in your example. I think Beans has less headroom than you though.

You can see where he kinda forced the plant to fit his space.

You may very well change this next grow after you see how it goes, but that LST of pulling branches down and either keeping the middles long and forcing them to the corners, or topping to get the branch structure you want is what you need to plan for.

Knowing then what he knows now, beans probably would have vegged a bit longer to get a wider canopy to grab all the light. But every plant is different, and your grow will be different from his due to many factors, including the light.

So see where you want to be, and follow your gut as to what stays and what gets trimmed as you continue to veg. It does not have to be perfect to get a good harvest. But you will learn a ton from this.

In terms of stretch, you can use that to your advantage to get the whole net/canopy filled up.
Love CB’s space. Nice, neat, clean. Sort of reminds me of a cottage water closet or outhouse. But in a good way.

So have you been pulling certain branches down or using some LST clips? Only ask because I can't see either lol.
I started LST just using soft wire on small branches to larger. Then LST by bending or squishing. Next was HST/super cropping. The pop is strangely satisfying.

Then I found some great clips that let me do a rounded 90 bend rather than just a corner. But if I do pop one that is a corner the clip will hold it up so it’s not hanging.

Moe’s going to make something down the road. But these are mine.
5522A217-1980-469F-8A77-F453667A4AC8.jpeg

Edit: I did try outside on the top branches but got to windy so just popped. No clips.

Last edited:
I started LST just using soft wire on small branches to larger. Then LST by bending or squishing. Next was HST/super cropping. The pop is strangely satisfying.

Then I found some great clips that let me do a rounded 90 bend rather than just a corner. But if I do pop one that is a corner the clip will hold it up so it’s not hanging.

Moe’s going to make something down the road. But these are mine.
View attachment 4987
I've got a bunch of these..
20230528_141251.jpg

Will do. They're pretty adjustable.
I don’t think they would work on some of the branches mine did. I was shocked it didn’t break. But I was desperate. Either clips or scissors.

I was impressed. Both Twins and Solo used them. I bought two more packs. 🤣

Not cheap but work better than advertised.

I don’t think they would work on some of the branches mine did. I was shocked it didn’t break. But I was desperate. Either clips or scissors.

I was impressed. Both Twins and Solo used them. I bought two more packs. 🤣

Not cheap but work better than advertised.
I'm going to be making them soon. Just got sidetracked with over extending myself. Its a sickness.

Here we are this evening... she's getting BIG
20230530_172841.jpg
So if I'm wanting to top this gal, I just pluck this little bunch off? Should I use some snips instead? Should I wait another day or so? Any of ya'll fuck around with FIMming?
20230530_172827.jpg

Here we are this evening... she's getting BIG
View attachment 4998
So if I'm wanting to top this gal, I just pluck this little bunch off? Should I use some snips instead? Should I wait another day or so? Any of ya'll fuck around with FIMming?
View attachment 4999

Why not try to FIM? Get the experience? If you get too much, oops you topped it.

FIMming requires snips that have been cleaned (iso) because that is some sensitive tissue right there. You basically want to cut into undifferentiated stem cells.

Why not try to FIM? Get the experience? If you get too much, oops you topped it.

FIMming requires snips that have been cleaned (iso) because that is some sensitive tissue right there. You basically want to cut into undifferentiated stem cells.
I'll look into it a little more. Basically snip her here, right? Pretty vague instructions online.
20230530_172827.jpg

Found the same gunk on my pH probe as before. There isn't any build-up anyhere else I can find. It dangles right in front of the return pipe. Just kinda weird I'm not seeing gunk everywhere if it can build up inside the probes head.
20230530_180606.jpg

Found the same gunk on my pH probe as before. There isn't any build-up anyhere else I can find. It dangles right in front of the return pipe. Just kinda weird I'm not seeing gunk everywhere if it can build up inside the probes head.
View attachment 5001
I don't know what that is but I have guesses.

Hitting the tip of the PH probe with a toothbrush is part of my weekly routine. Even when I forget, mine does not look like that.

I wish I was there with you to throw that under a microscope.

But I think it is benign other than messing with PH measurement.

I don't know what that is but I have guesses.

Hitting the tip of the PH probe with a toothbrush is part of my weekly routine. Even when I forget, mine does not look like that.

I wish I was there with you to throw that under a microscope.

But I think it is benign other than messing with PH measurement.
I'll be cleaning mine more frequently here on out.

Back
Top Bottom