Now as long as we can avoid wind burn with the overhead fan, we're golden heading into the last leg of veg. Tomorrow is 9 weeks from sprout. I accidentally held her back some with seedling temps and humidity but she's cooking right along, now. She'll get FIMmed in a couple days and the flip to flower draws near.

Special shout out to @Moe.Red @Aqua Man @steamroller and @smoke for keeping such a close eye on my maiden voyage. @Cool_Beans, you're beautifully symmetrical plants have served as inspiration. From a noobs perspective, this hydro biz is pretty cut and dry and I'm very excited to have gone this route. You all have just made it so much easier.

Gave her a FIM and trim. FIM'd 10-15 tops and trimmed off some uglys and some others that haven't played well with the tucking. Next weekend, she'll get lollipopped and it'll be time to flip. I don't plan on running any kind of progressive flip. Just straight to 12/12.

Root mass has increased significantly after this last nute change. It took a lot of pH UP to get that shit stabilized (50ppms), but we're sitting solid at 5.9 for now.

Guys, we're onto the final leg of veg and she still seems to be healthy and pretty happy. Thanks again for all your time and attention.
20230716_220004.jpg20230716_220021.jpg20230716_220032.jpg

Might have a problem. PH had been riding 5.9 for the last week at 760ppm. Yesterday when I got home, 5.8 at 630ppm. Today, 5.7 500ppm. Surely that's not that plant sucking up the ppms, right? She can't be that damn hungry. It's been super stable with a diluted top-feed until yesterday. We're going on two weeks or so since the res change.

I'm gonna take a shower and then do a little more investigating.

Of fucking course I'd jinx myself commenting on your resevoir issue, @ninjadip.

Might have a problem. PH had been riding 5.9 for the last week at 760ppm. Yesterday when I got home, 5.8 at 630ppm. Today, 5.7 500ppm. Surely that's not that plant sucking up the ppms, right? She can't be that damn hungry. It's been super stable with a diluted top-feed until yesterday. We're going on two weeks or so since the res change.

I'm gonna take a shower and then do a little more investigating.

Of fucking course I'd jinx myself commenting on your resevoir issue, @ninjadip.
Sounds like res change time bro… don’t think you have anything to worry about though

Ok so I'm just a big fricken idiot, I guess...

Two days ago, I dropped the water level about half an inch. When I flush, I close the valve to the plant and open the valve going outside. I didn't open the plant valve when I was finished...

My pump has just been spinning it's wheels for 2 days and the plant's res hasn't been circulating. I have two airstones in there so hopefully i didn't do any damage.

To make a long story short... I cleaned the probes and opened that valve and we're reading 5.8 at 760.

WOMP womp

Ok so I'm just a big fricken idiot, I guess...

Two days ago, I dropped the water level about half an inch. When I flush, I close the valve to the plant and open the valve going outside. I didn't open the plant valve when I was finished...

My pump has just been spinning it's wheels for 2 days and the plant's res hasn't been circulating. I have two airstones in there so hopefully i didn't do any damage.

To make a long story short... I cleaned the probes and opened that valve and we're reading 5.8 at 760.

WOMP womp
Good shit… water change for the grow site completed ☑️

Side note...

Before realizing the valve was closed, I gave the conteol res a sniff. Smelled kinda like soil. Opened the tent to look at the roots and noticed the jets shooting blanks. Gave it a sniff. Same soil smell with a hint of peppermint. What's up with that?

Side note...

Before realizing the valve was closed, I gave the conteol res a sniff. Smelled kinda like soil. Opened the tent to look at the roots and noticed the jets shooting blanks. Gave it a sniff. Same soil smell with a hint of peppermint. What's up with that?
Thats a good healthy smell bro…. All good

Sounds like res change time bro… don’t think you have anything to worry about though
Yeah, this is it man. Don't stress when it goes down a little, just time for a res change, or in this case just having the pump working lol.

I would worry if it drops big time in a short period, but you are not in that boat and are looking good bro.

I think mine is going through it's bb bloom right now, it has that healthy earthy smell like you describe yours having. I can find more out smelling the water than looking at the meter sometimes lol

I meant to say don't feel so bad about having the valve closed/pump running dry, I swear to God after posting I was in my tent and moving lights up and increasing power to raise tent temps but have same DLI and then I realized.... I forgot to turn on one of the grow lights when I put plants in last week.... 🤣

So I had my own stoner moment. I have two daisy chained but forgot the slave also has it's own power switch that I never turned back on after getting tent ready

Been having trouble keeping the humidity down when the light goes out. Might have to spring for a dehuey sooner than I wanted.

I'm in the process of trying to get licensed in a couple different states so I can pull permits and get going on this traveling electrician gig. Just to apply in OK is over 300 bucks. Such a money grab. Oklahoma reciprocates with Colorado, which is where I have my Masters. On top of that, they may make me test again which is another 125 per test. Not an easy test either.

Just trying to keep my spirits up, but I'm too far into this beautiful plant to let 250 bucks stand in the way. Harvesting a successful grow is yet another part of being able to travel soon. I wanna take some fire buds with me.

I'm good, guys. Just got a lot on my plate right now, as I'm sure we all do. Who better to vent to than a bunch of stoners?

Been having trouble keeping the humidity down when the light goes out. Might have to spring for a dehuey sooner than I wanted.

I'm in the process of trying to get licensed in a couple different states so I can pull permits and get going on this traveling electrician gig. Just to apply in OK is over 300 bucks. Such a money grab. Oklahoma reciprocates with Colorado, which is where I have my Masters. On top of that, they may make me test again which is another 125 per test. Not an easy test either.

Just trying to keep my spirits up, but I'm too far into this beautiful plant to let 250 bucks stand in the way. Harvesting a successful grow is yet another part of being able to travel soon. I wanna take some fire buds with me.

I'm good, guys. Just got a lot on my plate right now, as I'm sure we all do. Who better to vent to than a bunch of stoners?
Believe me, you’re not alone. Vent away.

Lollipopped her tonight. Haven't tucked much in the last two days because she's still trying to spread out laterally on her own.20230722_212152.jpg20230722_221215.jpg
Gonna flip tomorrow. What would be the best way to transition over? Right now, lights kick on at 430am and off and 1030pm. I would like to run the 12/12 from 530pm to 530am.

I read a bit on the "light and dark before flip" thread, but didn't gather much. Would it be better for me to run the lights tomorrow from 430am to 530am the next morning, or leave them off from 1030 tonight til 530pm tomorrow? I think I like the second option in terms of time-frame. Would it be better to do a 15/9 cycle between, rather than an over extended light or dark period?

Looking good, pretty plant!
As for the light question, on the day I’m going to flip, I just set my new time and let ‘em rip. Never had a bad outcome or any set backs.
Yeah I'm looking to run the flower cycle at night. One, cooler temps. Two, the schedule will allow me to check on the plant before work, just before lights out, and any time before bed.

I just deleted the light schedule for now, so it doesn't kick on before I'm up in the morning. I'll leave them off from now until tomorrow at 5pm. She'll get a little extra rest after the lollipop and we'll start the 12/12 tomorrow afternoon.

One question I have as I transition to the flower cycle. Lights are still off right now, but the tent is still running its daytime settings.

Should I run the tent at it's lower temp and humidity until I kick my light back on?

Back
Top Bottom