Kicking myself this morning and could use some reassuring. I left the light outside the tent on last night and for a total of two hours after lights out. There's very little light leakage from inside the tent, when the light is on, so I'm probably ok, but I'm feeling paranoid.

We're alright, right?
You should be fine man.
I leave the back vent flap open on my tents 24/7 otherwise the exhaust fan sucks the walls in so far i feel its gonna rip, and i never worry about lights anymore.
I even leave my curtains open all day and the sun blast in that window.
I zipped myself in my 3x3 which is closest to the window, all lights on and curtain open in my room, with the back flqp open and it was still completely dark. Couldn't find the zipper had to have my wife unzip it lol.

So I'm planning a resevoir change tonight. I've been using Agsil16 as the base for my buffering and I've read to start weening off of it later in the grow. There's a couple of you, I believe, that ran a system using the silicate buffer. Was it @Cool_Beans and @SweetLeafGrow? I think maybe you too, @Moe.Red, but I don't know if that's still going.

What did you guys switch to for the base when you stopped adding the Agsil? Did you stop using it, or did you just use less and less? All I have for a base is pH UP which the bottle says is potassium carbonate. Should I be taking the extra potassium into consideration and adjust my ratios accordingly? I'm not sure if the potassium in potassium carbonate ends up being usable by the plant or not.

I'm sure @Aqua Man will be able to shed some light on the subject as well.

I'll only be adding GH trio with Orca and a little calmag. Epsom is also on the list but I'm not sure just yet how much to be adding.

I peeked at the roots early this morning and OH MY. She's put a lot of junk in the trunk.

Lights on tonight will be starting week 3 of flower.

What are these danglers I have growing from my lid? Roots look good if you ask me but this stuff on the lid showed up overnight. That tan slime was there, but not these danglers.20230806_180721.jpg20230806_180522.jpg20230806_180457.jpg20230806_180628.jpg
I've got some tip burn so I'm doing a res change tonight sometime. Hoping to hear back from some folks before I proceed, though.

There's a couple of you, I believe, that ran a system using the silicate buffer. Was it @Cool_Beans and @SweetLeafGrow? I think maybe you too, @Moe.Red, but I don't know if that's still going.
So I quit using the Agsil during flower because it is adding extra potassium that was burning my plants. I just use PH UP instead during flower and that seems to be working fine.
Hope I caught you before you built your res!

What are these danglers I have growing from my lid? Roots look good if you ask me but this stuff on the lid showed up overnight. That tan slime was there, but not these danglers.

I was wondering about those too! Never seen that before.

So I quit using the Agsil during flower because it is adding extra potassium that was burning my plants. I just use PH UP instead during flower and that seems to be working fine.
Hope I caught you before you built your res!
Haven't touched the res yet so we're good. You just used the PH UP like the agsil? Just add it first and then bring it back down? That was my plan.
I was wondering about those too! Never seen that before.
I believe that's just water droplets collecting on something slimey and hopefully not nefarious. Roots look good, though, eh? That lid's getting heavy. Maybe this plant is so potent that even the lid is growing trichomes 🤣

You just used the PH UP like the agsil? Just add it first and then bring it back down? That was my plan.
No, do not treat the PH Up like agsil, you want as little of that stuff in there as possible.

After I fill the res, I bring the water to 6.1 and then start adding stuff in the proper order. My RO water is about 6.8 so I adjust that down to get started, then when I am finished, I do a final adjustment to target 5.8, add the Hydroguard last and go from there watching it to see how it's behaving.

It usually trends down for a few days until it stabilizes. Don't quote me on any of this though 😆 Much of what I have been doing in the past was wrong and so it's almost like I am relearning everything.

No, do not treat the PH Up like agsil, you want as little of that stuff in there as possible.

After I fill the res, I bring the water to 6.1 and then start adding stuff in the proper order. My RO water is about 6.8 so I adjust that down to get started, then when I am finished, I do a final adjustment to target 5.8, add the Hydroguard last and go from there watching it to see how it's behaving.

It usually trends down for a few days until it stabilizes. Don't quote me on any of this though 😆 Much of what I have been doing in the past was wrong and so it's almost like I am relearning everything.
You say 6.1 because once your nutes are added, it gets you close to 5.8?

What are these danglers I have growing from my lid? Roots look good if you ask me but this stuff on the lid showed up overnight. That tan slime was there, but not these danglers.View attachment 16744View attachment 16745View attachment 16746View attachment 16747
I've got some tip burn so I'm doing a res change tonight sometime. Hoping to hear back from some folks before I proceed, though.
those danglers are precursor for the fuzzy trichs you gonna have at harvest.

jk, i have no idea what that is. knee jerk says something sugar loving -- likely some benign bacteria.

Here's what went in the feedbag. I went with 75% of the GH trio's suggested amounts on week 3 of the light feed chart. I was noticing some burn on my newest growth so I did a res change to get the ratios in order and to move into early bloom ratios. I also brought down the ppms a bit by not using the Agsil and somehow nailing the final pH without the use of any pH DOWN. Didn't touch the stuff this time around. Didn't add any UP after nutes, either. I'm satisfied.20230806_231148.jpg

What are these danglers I have growing from my lid? Roots look good if you ask me but this stuff on the lid showed up overnight. That tan slime was there, but not these danglers.View attachment 16744View attachment 16745View attachment 16746View attachment 16747
Looks like it could be mycelium. Need much better / magnified pics to tell.

It could very well be a good thing.

Imo you can use PH up no problem. Id say around 100ppm of it should put you stable.

Potassium starts to become more in demand but you need to account a little bit for it by the 3 part ratios.

What is the source listed on your ph up?

You can run agsil to the end if you like but it will produce rock hard buds if that’s something you like… many do and some do not like that.

Looks like it could be mycelium. Need much better / magnified pics to tell.

It could very well be a good thing.
Whatever it is... it looks cool 😎
Imo you can use PH up no problem. Id say around 100ppm of it should put you stable.

Potassium starts to become more in demand but you need to account a little bit for it by the 3 part ratios.

What is the source listed on your ph up?

You can run agsil to the end if you like but it will produce rock hard buds if that’s something you like… many do and some do not like that.
So right now there's 40ppm of UP in there listed as potassium carbonate. It drifted down to 5.8 overnight and I expect it to drop a little more. At now I know I can comfortably add roughly another 60ppmm if necessary. Bit by bit of course. I'll probably do another res change in a couple weeks anyway.

I just like weed that tastes good. I know I've smoked rick hard buds no problem. Here, you kinda smoke what you can get. Mostly black market, I'd assume. The res change went smoothly using UP for the base, so I'll lay off the agsil until the next plant.

Hey Grump, have not been around as much as I would like lately, but I'm really impressed with what you have so far. I see a very nice harvest in your future. Lots of bud sites spread out nicely.

Since this is your first real grow with this system, I would recommend not pushing it. You could probably get more bud with more photons, but that introduces other things to consider. If you push them, you have to have things dialed in (which you do) but it will change the environmental and water requirements, and I vote keep it on the fairway this time. Experience is the best teacher.

Silica by itself is something that will not improve bud structure. Also, the potassium it adds may push you off the fairway in terms of nute % in the res. So I agree, you are in the timeframe to back that down.

I'm pretty sure you are using GH PH up. This is what is in that:

ph.JPG

The carbonate is what is the active thing here. But as the carbonate is used to buffer PH, you are left with Potassium. Plant ready potassium. So that is a factor as well.

If you have to add lots of PH up to keep things stable, it can impact nutrient ratios. The problem with using GH Flower is the ratio of P to K you can add (or remove) is fixed. It comes out of the same bottle.

So this is a warning that if you need to constantly add PH up in excessive amounts, you have something going on in the root zone, and you will need to dump your res weekly to keep your ratios in the right range. Hope that makes sense.

Anyhow, you are doing great and should be proud of yourself. Shout out to all the pros that contributed I think you are getting great advice. It is obviously working. (y)

Hey Grump, have not been around as much as I would like lately, but I'm really impressed with what you have so far. I see a very nice harvest in your future. Lots of bud sites spread out nicely.

Since this is your first real grow with this system, I would recommend not pushing it. You could probably get more bud with more photons, but that introduces other things to consider. If you push them, you have to have things dialed in (which you do) but it will change the environmental and water requirements, and I vote keep it on the fairway this time. Experience is the best teacher.

Silica by itself is something that will not improve bud structure. Also, the potassium it adds may push you off the fairway in terms of nute % in the res. So I agree, you are in the timeframe to back that down.

I'm pretty sure you are using GH PH up. This is what is in that:

View attachment 16804

The carbonate is what is the active thing here. But as the carbonate is used to buffer PH, you are left with Potassium. Plant ready potassium. So that is a factor as well.

If you have to add lots of PH up to keep things stable, it can impact nutrient ratios. The problem with using GH Flower is the ratio of P to K you can add (or remove) is fixed. It comes out of the same bottle.

So this is a warning that if you need to constantly add PH up in excessive amounts, you have something going on in the root zone, and you will need to dump your res weekly to keep your ratios in the right range. Hope that makes sense.

Anyhow, you are doing great and should be proud of yourself. Shout out to all the pros that contributed I think you are getting great advice. It is obviously working. (y)
I have something going on in the root zone. That's for sure. Gonna keep a close eye on those interesting danglers that showed up yesterday.

All my previous nute mixes have taken a few days to stabilize. Last round, I added a ton of ph UP. It was also the first time I ran in the 700's but it took around 70-80 ppms of UP before it stabilized. That's including the potassium silicate. This round, the initial UP was 30-40 ppms. Added 15ml this morning and that added 10-20 ppms. Aqua mentioned not wanting to go over 100 and at that point, I'd need to reduce the K in my ratios. It was 5.5 before the 15ml and it's been sitting at 6.0 for the last few hours.

The highest tops are getting roughly 35k lux. I've been using @Anthem275's advice on intensity adjustments. I've been able to get a look at the plant about an hour before lights out and gauge my adjustments off of the leaves and whether they're drooping or not. A simple yet valuable trick. We're sitting at 60% roughly 20" up from the highest tops.

Thanks for the info, man, and as always, thanks for all your help so far. This baby is about to go up in smoke.

Might have to add my second screen soon. These sprouts are all over the place. I figured guide them home before there's really any buds formed. Although, I'll inevitably wait at least a week. That way it's not in the way when I defoliate the lower screen.

I was talking to my boss on Friday about wanting some time off to rest my elbows (maybe tennis elbow? Something kicking my ass) and his response was, "Well, Labor Day is coming up."

So this morning I lost the internal struggle of whether or not to go to work. I was able to finish up my scrog rack, intead, while the little monkey took a nap. Finished product sits 10" above lid with an optional/adjustable second screen. Maybe I'm expecting FAT colas that are in need of some support? Maybe I just overthink and try to plan ahead for the hypothetical.
View attachment 8612
I've realized that I will have the same problem as Granny in that this will not fit out the door once the plant has grown into it...

WHAT DO WE WANT??
BIGGER DOORS!!
WHERE DO WE WANT EM??
WEED STORES!!
I love this

I was talking to my boss on Friday about wanting some time off to rest my elbows (maybe tennis elbow? Something kicking my ass) and his response was, "Well, Labor Day is coming up."

So this morning I lost the internal struggle of whether or not to go to work. I was able to finish up my scrog rack, intead, while the little monkey took a nap. Finished product sits 10" above lid with an optional/adjustable second screen. Maybe I'm expecting FAT colas that are in need of some support? Maybe I just overthink and try to plan ahead for the hypothetical.
View attachment 8612
I've realized that I will have the same problem as Granny in that this will not fit out the door once the plant has grown into it...

WHAT DO WE WANT??
BIGGER DOORS!!
WHERE DO WE WANT EM??
WEED STORES!!
I love this.

View attachment 8612

WHAT DO WE WANT??
BIGGER DOORS!!
WHERE DO WE WANT EM??
WEED STORES!!
I love this.

View attachment 8612

WHAT DO WE WANT??
BIGGER DOORS!!
WHERE DO WE WANT EM??
WEED STORES!!
Guy was playing tennis, sat down on a bench to take a break

Sits down, puts racket and ball on bench beside him, ball rolls off the bench, picks up ball and tucks it under his shorts.

Lady sits down beside him and she keeps looking at his crotch, he says oh' that's just a tennis ball.

She replies " that must be painful

Guy was playing tennis, sat down on a bench to take a break

Sits down, puts racket and ball on bench beside him, ball rolls off the bench, picks up ball and tucks it under his shorts.

Lady sits down beside him and she keeps looking at his crotch, he says oh' that's just a tennis ball.

She replies " that must be painful
Where is the rim shot button ??????

Back
Top Bottom