What ppm are you running? Think it may like another bump up
She got a bump last night. Brought her up from 710 to 780 with equal parts brown, green and pink. 3 or so mL of Calmag also. That's 1 mL per 5 gallons.

I want to do another res change when the stretch is over with (another week or so). I've read to ween off silica in the bloom stage so do you have a suggestion for what base I should use as a buffer? Does pH UP work well enough? I don't have anything else. Could order something.

She got a bump last night. Brought her up from 710 to 780 with equal parts brown, green and pink. 3 or so mL of Calmag also. That's 1 mL per 5 gallons.

I want to do another res change when the stretch is over with (another week or so). I've read to ween off silica in the bloom stage so do you have a suggestion for what base I should use as a buffer? Does pH UP work well enough? I don't have anything else. Could order something.
Yeah PH up will work.

Cool man. That means I can tuck basically anytime after work before bed versus trying to get it all tucked before leaving in the morning. Keeps my mornings leisurely.
I tuck at any time I see it needs it. Indoor or out. When lights on, or sun rises, the tops and leaves reach like they always do.

Only thing I try to do is make sure I have long enough branches to tuck. When I try to tuck one’s a bit to short it tends to rough the leaves up a bit. Bugs me if I mark them up.

I tuck at any time I see it needs it. Indoor or out. When lights on, or sun rises, the tops and leaves reach like they always do.

Only thing I try to do is make sure I have long enough branches to tuck. When I try to tuck one’s a bit to short it tends to rough the leaves up a bit. Bugs me if I mark them up.
I've got some boogered leaves from the FIM job and boy do they bug me. Gonna do a defoliation this weekend or next. Basically at the end of stretch. Good idea?

The smaller branches I tuck always work themselves back out 🤣

I've got some boogered leaves from the FIM job and boy do they bug me. Gonna do a defoliation this weekend or next. Basically at the end of stretch. Good idea?

The smaller branches I tuck always work themselves back out 🤣
Hmm… I kinda pick at them as I see things.

CG, iirc, leaves them alone after flip.

But rule of thumb is week 2 after flip, which is usually after stretch, and then again at week 7.

I do a big trim at week 2 & 7 but always clip as needed daily/weekly. However I tend to end up with lollipops. Just works out that way by the time I think it looks and feels right.

Aim for airflow and exposing bud sites and you’ll do great.

A few have told me I leave to many leaves by the end but every guru I’ve listened to has a slightly different take on it. I try to follow the logic and gut feeling for defoliation. I think I’m getting better each harvest.

You might need a second net to hold up your tops btw. 👍

Hmm… I kinda pick at them as I see things.

CG, iirc, leaves them alone after flip.

But rule of thumb is week 2 after flip, which is usually after stretch, and then again at week 7.

I do a big trim at week 2 & 7 but always clip as needed daily/weekly. However I tend to end up with lollipops. Just works out that way by the time I think it looks and feels right.

Aim for airflow and exposing bud sites and you’ll do great.

A few have told me I leave to many leaves by the end but every guru I’ve listened to has a slightly different take on it. I try to follow the logic and gut feeling for defoliation. I think I’m getting better each harvest.

You might need a second net to hold up your tops btw. 👍
Nice. Yeah I've just done heavy trims here and there. Not much spot trimming. I've been hesitant to get rid of the older, healthy looking fans. They just seem to still have some use in em.

The second screen is built and ready for some massive tops. I've got about 36-42" of headspace available so that part shouldn't be an issue. It's also fully adjustable and built for a third tier of necessary.

Nice. Yeah I've just done heavy trims here and there. Not much spot trimming. I've been hesitant to get rid of the older, healthy looking fans. They just seem to still have some use in em.

The second screen is built and ready for some massive tops. I've got about 36-42" of headspace available so that part shouldn't be an issue. It's also fully adjustable and built for a third tier of necessary.
I def just before flip and then again at day 21 because i don't know when strech is done but I do know day 21.

I will say from past experience that you will get a better/earlier visual with less defoliation of whats going going on. Ie: when i had my stroke I was in the hospital for observation for 4 days. I was doing the defoliation trial at that time and when i opened the door to the flower the one plant of the 4 that wasn't def certainly jumped out to me about the expected nitrogen deficiency their mom also had.

I def just before flip and then again at day 21 because i don't know when strech is done but I do know day 21.

I will say from past experience that you will get a better/earlier visual with less defoliation of whats going going on. Ie: when i had my stroke I was in the hospital for observation for 4 days. I was doing the defoliation trial at that time and when i opened the door to the flower the one plant of the 4 that wasn't def certainly jumped out to me about the expected nitrogen deficiency their mom also had.
Early on I wasn't sure how often I could cut so i just gave her a once every two weeks trim. FIMed a week before and lollipopped the day before flip.

Strokes are scary, bro. I'm glad you're still around. Wouldn't be here without ya.

Looking good shortly after lights on. Got rid of some of the bigger fans that were still above the screen. Others I've just been pushing them below and under new growth.

Root growth has been explosive. More than doubled, I'd say, since the flip on Sunday.

790ppm
70*
5.9 pH

Tent temp 78
Humidity 55

I like how in the center there she's really trying to twist the screen.
20230728_220457.jpg20230728_220526.jpg20230728_220553.jpg

Here we are a week and a half into flower. She's got new sprouts constantly surprising me. I keep a pretty good eye on em like "I'm gonna tuck you in the morning" then there's the random one that came out of nowhere it seems.

Roots have probably tripled since we flipped and continue to look healthy. They've been sucking in a little over a gallon every 24hrs. Ppms have dropped 40 (500 scale) since the extra dose of nutes last Thursday. PH rock steady at 5.9

Canopy is filling out very nicely but with all the prior tucking, I'm running out of places to tuck. Too many stems and leaves in the way. It's a knot, no doubt. Friday or Saturday I plan to do a serious trimming. That will be nearly 2 weeks since flip. Anything in particular that I should keep? I thought about removing most (if not all) of the older fans in the screen. Should I keep the healthier ones that aren't blocking any new growth? The ones that aren't cramped and twisted? It's a jungle in there right now.

My plan for the light is to keep increasing in intensity until I'm maxed out, then slowly lower it towards the canopy until she gets an attitude. We're at 49% ~24" up.20230801_184323.jpg20230801_184345.jpg20230801_184355.jpg20230801_184410.jpg

Here we are a week and a half into flower. She's got new sprouts constantly surprising me. I keep a pretty good eye on em like "I'm gonna tuck you in the morning" then there's the random one that came out of nowhere it seems.

Roots have probably tripled since we flipped and continue to look healthy. They've been sucking in a little over a gallon every 24hrs. Ppms have dropped 40 (500 scale) since the extra dose of nutes last Thursday. PH rock steady at 5.9

Canopy is filling out very nicely but with all the prior tucking, I'm running out of places to tuck. Too many stems and leaves in the way. It's a knot, no doubt. Friday or Saturday I plan to do a serious trimming. That will be nearly 2 weeks since flip. Anything in particular that I should keep? I thought about removing most (if not all) of the older fans in the screen. Should I keep the healthier ones that aren't blocking any new growth? The ones that aren't cramped and twisted? It's a jungle in there right now.

My plan for the light is to keep increasing in intensity until I'm maxed out, then slowly lower it towards the canopy until she gets an attitude. We're at 49% ~24" up.
Lets see a pic. Hold defoliating for another week or 2 unless humidity becomes unmanageable. You have good airflow so let her use those leaves to capture as much energy as possible for now.

You can stop tucking now and let them rise up bro

Lets see a pic. Hold defoliating for another week or 2 unless humidity becomes unmanageable. You have good airflow so let her use those leaves to capture as much energy as possible for now.

Sorry I forgot and edited them in immediately. You're too quick sometimes 🤣

Sweet. Tucking is becoming pretty troublesome. I was gonna do the trim this weekend because someone here trims at week 2 and week 7(?). Maybe Zen? Either way, if it's not a necessity, I'll leave em be.

Good stuff! I'm gonna have to start at the beginning for this thread. I'm at about the same place in the flower phase. Nowhere near as good at training as what you've done though.
Thanks man. I've been winging it all along under diligent supervision. This place is great. I went my own direction when it came to the screen and scrog. Followed more of what I saw in my head. It's really come together and I can't wait to see my first signs of bud. So exciting!

That goo on the lid in the root pic... that's good goo, eh?
Clear is good but give em a rinse if you can. It’s beneficial bacteria but at the same time it can slightly hinder uptake and o2 consumption…. Nothing to worry about but if we are splitting atoms then a quick rinse is ideal.

Brown is the bacteria you know is harming the roots.

Basically just means the roots are feeding your bennies well

Agree with aqua, at day 21 of flip is where ill do my second defoliation and read alot saying at the end of streach

Clear is good but give em a rinse if you can. It’s beneficial bacteria but at the same time it can slightly hinder uptake and o2 consumption…. Nothing to worry about but if we are splitting atoms then a quick rinse is ideal.

Brown is the bacteria you know is harming the roots.

Basically just means the roots are feeding your bennies well
Or if sterile you need to add your h2o2 or other product more often

Should I be following this hanging height? 6" seems hella close. I don't plan on following the intensity recommendations but I feel like their height recommendation would have something to do with the thin layer of photons I once heard @Moe.Red mention.Screenshot_20230804_211435_Drive.jpg

Should I be following this hanging height? 6" seems hella close. I don't plan on following the intensity recommendations but I feel like their height recommendation would have something to do with the thin layer of photons I once heard @Moe.Red mention.View attachment 16514
Go by intensity… you probably want to start pushing harder now. Say around 700 ppfd and see how they respond. If after a few days things are looking good you can bump it up more but if you hit 700 im thinking they will grow right into the 800-900 range and thats perfect. 600-900 for flower.

Kicking myself this morning and could use some reassuring. I left the light outside the tent on last night and for a total of two hours after lights out. There's very little light leakage from inside the tent, when the light is on, so I'm probably ok, but I'm feeling paranoid.

We're alright, right?

Kicking myself this morning and could use some reassuring. I left the light outside the tent on last night and for a total of two hours after lights out. There's very little light leakage from inside the tent, when the light is on, so I'm probably ok, but I'm feeling paranoid.

We're alright, right?
Your fine.

Back
Top Bottom