New Grow - 4 Site RDWC Maiden Voyage

Just previous to this I was doing 6 plants same res, so 8.3 g/plant.

In the other tent 5 gals per plant.

I know water volume is a factor, more is easier. Been telling that to N2 from day 1. He is at 5 gals per plant. So that is not the only factor I would say.

But I concur, res changes make life easier for plant health. It's just crazy the amount of variables we are dealing with. What works for me may not work for you.
What were using for Silica in the previous grows?

I got some of those bio media blocks delivered today and going to get them in the res. Hey @Moe.Red, do I need to wash those things off before I put them in the system?

I figure 8 or 10 in each res should do the trick.

OK guys, short update on the Grape Gas grow.

Not sure if I should be disappointed or not but these gals are not doing as good as I would have hoped. So much going in it' been hard to give my grows the attention I need to be giving them, Is what it is and hoping I can bring these gals to a decent harvest.

I changed out the res last week and things have been fairly stable. Not using as much agsil so the buffer is taking quite a bit longer to get established but finally after about a week, the pH stabilized and has been pretty stable. I still need to make a daily log page to track everything from day to day so I can better use that chart from Anthem to diagnose what I need to do in the res. So far, ppms have been pretty stable, they are drinking and pH has been good since Saturday, topped off with 4 gallons of water this morning, pH'd and amended to 500ppm of brown and pink. I cut out the green as I am noticing some darker green coming in, cut back on the N some I guess.

Light @ 80%, ppfd in the 700-800 range.

Here are some photos from today.

Attachments

• IMG_2831.jpeg
    IMG_2831.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2836.jpeg
    IMG_2836.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2837.jpeg
    IMG_2837.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2840.jpeg
    IMG_2840.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
OK guys, short update on the Grape Gas grow.

Not sure if I should be disappointed or not but these gals are not doing as good as I would have hoped. So much going in it' been hard to give my grows the attention I need to be giving them, Is what it is and hoping I can bring these gals to a decent harvest.

I changed out the res last week and things have been fairly stable. Not using as much agsil so the buffer is taking quite a bit longer to get established but finally after about a week, the pH stabilized and has been pretty stable. I still need to make a daily log page to track everything from day to day so I can better use that chart from Anthem to diagnose what I need to do in the res. So far, ppms have been pretty stable, they are drinking and pH has been good since Saturday, topped off with 4 gallons of water this morning, pH'd and amended to 500ppm of brown and pink. I cut out the green as I am noticing some darker green coming in, cut back on the N some I guess.

Light @ 80%, ppfd in the 700-800 range.

Here are some photos from today.
Was the PH rising? Now it is stable?

Greetings Everyone!

Starting my first grow diary here with the maiden voyage of my new 4 site RDWC system I recently built.

Running 4 clones of the strain Grape Gas from my bro Impulsive Grower Check him out if you are looking for elite clones, great brother to work with!

Particulars-
4 site RDWC system with external res outside of tent, ~ 28 gallons total volume of water
5x5 tent
Raging Kush II LED
GH Trio nutrients
Hydroguard bb's
Agsil 16 Potassium Silicate
pH Up and Down
Chiller, water temp set at 68F
HM-500 system monitor

These clones are two sets of two. I originally got 2 Grape Gas and 2 Tropicana Cherry but the trip was very hard on the TC, the GG was fine. IG was quick to send me two more of the Grape Gas but they are a full week behind the other two and been in the system since Friday. The other two were put in the system the previous Friday so exactly a week apart. The two in the back are the older plants, one week ahead of the two in the front.

Also, check out the cool Cannabis Caddies that Moe made for me, brilliant invention that lets me pull these girls out of the system for pruning and training etc. Thanks again bro!

The oldest of the clones have been in the system just over two weeks. I did get a bit of unwanted stretch early but Moe helped me dial in that light for closer nodal spacing. She still seems to want to be a stretchy strain, going to get information from IG, just have not heard from him yet on this. I've topped a bit and started training on 3 out of the 4. I need to order a 5x5 scrog to get in there soon.

Root pic is typical of all of them, looks great. PPM's have been dropping slowly, she is eating but keeping things low this time to avoid my past mistakes. Thinking I might need to amend that soon.

View attachment 131View attachment 132View attachment 133View attachment 134View attachment 135View attachment 136View attachment 137View attachment 138View attachment 139
View attachment 140
Ahh you got one of those scynce LEDs too

Sick

Was the PH rising? Now it is stable?
After the res change the pH was dropping fairly steady until this past Saturday when it stablized and is pretty good now, a slight drop today after I topped off with nutrient amended water, but I have come to expect that after adding nutes.
How many weeks now?
So Moe, I was looking back and I flipped on April 15 and she did not start to throw pistils for almost 2 weeks. I would say a solid week 5 and they look fairly puny to me at this point.

After the res change the pH was dropping fairly steady until this past Saturday when it stablized and is pretty good now, a slight drop today after I topped off with nutrient amended water, but I have come to expect that after adding nutes.

So Moe, I was looking back and I flipped on April 15 and she did not start to throw pistils for almost 2 weeks. I would say a solid week 5 and they look fairly puny to me at this point.
Yes, I agree. I've never grown this, could be genetics or could be the trouble you had at the flip. Probably a combination.

Sux man.

I was thinking about this Moe and I don't think it's as bad as I thought.

From what I know, the Grape Gas finishes in about 8 weeks. I flipped on April 15 and they took almost 2 weeks to show pistils, longer than I anticipated. That should begin the flowering time right around the first of May. Today is the 24th so just barely over 3 weeks in flower? In my sometimes confused state, I put those other two weeks in that and looking at week 5. In that case I do think they look a bit dismal, BUT if I eliminate those first two weeks, not bad eh?

I remember my first hydro grow where you and Aqua helped me save that grow and thinking the same thing at about the same time in this grow. If you remember, I ended up with 11 ounces off that plant and had much more detrimental things going on there than I do currently. May be false hope, but I think I could break the 2 lb mark out of that 5x5 if I am right here, perhaps more.

From what I have learned, you cannot count those flipped weeks before the plants start to actually flower as part of the overall estimated flowering time.

They were from clones and the first set was about 4 weeks veg and the second set, 3 weeks if I am remembering right. Two clones from the first shipment died so those two were delayed by a week.

Buddy we are gonna get what we get. I've got a plant that has GMO in it that is a really long finisher.

Are you adding vegetative growth? Remember your last canopy was blocking virtually all light. We need to get there. I think you still have time.

Shit, I'm late to this one. Gonna have to read through the previous 13 pages, but figure I'll ask instead of searching lol what chiller are you running? Have you want into any issues with it reacting to your nutrient solution in unexpected ways?

So the chiller is an Active Aqua 1/4 horse and I have not ran into any issues that I have been able to blame on the chiller, seems to work flawlessly.

Over the course of the last week or so I have been raising the intensity of the light up slowly and now at 100%. PPFD readings are at the highest part of the canopy around 1100 and around 8-900 a bit lower where most of the canopy resides. So far, I have not seen anything that alarms me except lethargic growth in flower, maybe it's because I have not had the light intensity high enough, I dunno.

I'm just using the standard flower spectrum with no recipe and a manual timer for now.

The flowers do seem to be putting on a bit of mass but still somewhat disappointing unless I am just way behind where I thought I was in flower. Aromas are amazing, the whole house smells like grapes, wow.

Over the course of the last week or so I have been raising the intensity of the light up slowly and now at 100%. PPFD readings are at the highest part of the canopy around 1100 and around 8-900 a bit lower where most of the canopy resides. So far, I have not seen anything that alarms me except lethargic growth in flower, maybe it's because I have not had the light intensity high enough, I dunno.

I'm just using the standard flower spectrum with no recipe and a manual timer for now.

The flowers do seem to be putting on a bit of mass but still somewhat disappointing unless I am just way behind where I thought I was in flower. Aromas are amazing, the whole house smells like grapes, wow.
That ppfd seems high to me without co2… one thing light can cause when to intense is stunting. Not saying thats the cause but not ruling it out either bro

OK, so closing out this grow with a final report and weigh in.

A very disappointing grow for me, lots of reasons why and hoping to get back up quickly after this smackdown. Final weigh in totaled 13.7 ounces of small, largely untrimmed buds. No fans, but the Mrs did the trim and left most of the sugar leaves. I did trim the buds that went in for testing.

Grape Gas COApage1.jpgGrape Gas COA page2.jpg

OK, so closing out this grow with a final report and weigh in.

A very disappointing grow for me, lots of reasons why and hoping to get back up quickly after this smackdown. Final weigh in totaled 13.7 ounces of small, largely untrimmed buds. No fans, but the Mrs did the trim and left most of the sugar leaves. I did trim the buds that went in for testing.

View attachment 10098View attachment 10099
question is did you learn anything new tgis grow?

Don’t forget that you would never appreciate nor others a highly successful grow if it weren’t for grows less than our expectations.

Imo knowledge is far more valuable than meeting our expectations and in the end what leads us to success is knowledge.

There are lots of tradeoffs with genetics also and i can promise more than a few out there would be very pleased with what you have accomplished man. Don’t be to hard on yourself i see nothing wrong with this grow man. Keep up the good work

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom