Our first ever grow.♧

Welcome pokesmotter, looking forward to watching your grow. Lots of great soil growers here, pay special attention to @steamroller, a great grower with a huge heart to help! @stonemason knocks it out of the park in soil as well, and can't forget @CannaGranny! There are other soil guys that are awesome as well here at Bud Builders, check em out!

You've found a good place to be, cheers bro 👊

Thanks @SweetLeafGrow for that vote of confidence 🥰
The problem I have ran into in the past is that folks from the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland aka The UK, and the UK cannot get the same soils that we use.
We were working on that at the other place prior to the big “ousting”.

Last edited:
They grew a tail in two days. Planted them in organic soil, with myko.
Keeping them in the Kombucha cabinet20240326_172905.jpg20240326_173702.jpg20240326_174055.jpg20240326_174351.jpg20240326_174840.jpg until they poke through,then finding a cat proof spot to let them grow a little before moving to 5 gallon pots.

Attachments

• 20240326_172858.jpg
    20240326_172858.jpg
    678.1 KB · Views: 2
I see that soil causing problems or negatively effecting the grow.
Moisture control means no control for you.
We have another first-time grower who used Miracle Grow and then a different suggested soil.
The grows did not compare to each other at all.
The MG grow was nothing but trouble due to moisture control and being potting soil not canna orientated soil.

If I were to buy soil for an outdoor garden or grow it would be Coast Of Maine Stonington or Mother Earth Groundswell hands down.
But I don't like running a precharged soil inside so I use promix, and have had extremely great results since I switched to it.

I see that soil causing problems or negatively effecting the grow.
Moisture control means no control for you.
We have another first-time grower who used Miracle Grow and then a different suggested soil.
The grows did not compare to each other at all.
The MG grow was nothing but trouble due to moisture control and being potting soil not canna orientated soil.
I'm only using this as a germination medium.
In a few days I may need to get them into the soil I mixed a few weeks ago,though. From then I feel like they'll be doing well.
This soil won't be used again for this grow.

I feel like I should clarify on the soil. I thought I had posted the mix we made here, but it was a different thread. Damn short term memory.;)
Mixed 2 bags of Happy frog, 1 bag of Bush Doctor, earthworm castings, and biochar a few weeks ago. It's been grooving together since then.
This is my grow soil.

I feel like I should clarify on the soil. I thought I had posted the mix we made here, but it was a different thread. Damn short term memory.;)
Mixed 2 bags of Happy frog, 1 bag of Bush Doctor, earthworm castings, and biochar a few weeks ago. It's been grooving together since then.
This is my grow soil.
I remember that....and wont forget..Erin Ga Braugh

Breaking ground now.
Moved them to Dads house.
They're living on a sun porch that is heated to 65 degrees. Under 24 hour light( the tray I'm using has full spectrum leds in the lid).

Attachments

• 20240327_164045.jpg
    20240327_164045.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240327_164054.jpg
    20240327_164054.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 7
All of these girls have come out of the soil now.
You need to drop some light close to the tops, will stop them from stretching and being lanky. You can test the heat with your hand. Too hot on the hand, too hot for the plant. Anyway you can give them an 18/6 hr schedule?
You have some “helmet heads” going on there, meaning the seed has not shed off of the leaves. Use a pair of tweezers and ever so gently remove them.
Congrats on the pop!

You need to drop some light close to the tops, will stop them from stretching and being lanky. You can test the heat with your hand. Too hot on the hand, too hot for the plant. Anyway you can give them an 18/6 hr schedule?
You have some “helmet heads” going on there, meaning the seed has not shed off of the leaves. Use a pair of tweezers and ever so gently remove them.
Congrats on the pop!
Unfortunately, we don't have any lights but the one in the lid. We won't be using those trays for cannabis grows again!
I transferred them to compressed Peet pots, and brought soil up enough to support the growth we already have,in the soil mix I listed before. Hoping they'll be OK, but if not I have more seeds.

Attachments

• 20240330_142954.jpg
    20240330_142954.jpg
    970.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240330_143017.jpg
    20240330_143017.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240330_143033.jpg
    20240330_143033.jpg
    792.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240330_142954.jpg
    20240330_142954.jpg
    970.3 KB · Views: 8
Congrats on the pop!
Unfortunately, we don't have any lights but the one in the lid. We won't be using those trays for cannabis grows again!
I transferred them to compressed Peet pots, and brought soil up enough to support the growth we already have,in the soil mix I listed before. Hoping they'll be OK, but if not I have more seeds.
Congrats on the pop!
Also, tweezed of the helmet heads!

Well done~!(y)

I just want to say that I'm impressed with how helpful and kind everyone has been to me on here. Compassion through Cannabis!
We pride ourselves on our attitude here. Great group of like-minded growers and we have plenty of experienced users. You should find no shortage of help 👊

Is anyone familiar with Fox Farms liquid supplements. I'm wondering what amounts and time frame to use. I still cotyledon on my plants,but want to have the right idea on nutrients before they drop. The chart they published looks a little heavy on the amounts to me, as they call for a full flush every couple of weeks. Is this salt buildup from an excess amount of notes?
As y'all know, this is all new to me, and I reckon this is the place to get the right answers.

Attachments

• 1591839935828.png
    1591839935828.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240404_082414.jpg
    IMG_20240404_082414.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 7
I am FF mostly.
I start to feed when first set of leaves after cotyledons show.
Half strength at the most to start.
I did not use all the stuff they sell or ever flush any grow.
I used the first 2 Grow Big, big Bloom.
Never used Tiger bloom for fear. Heard nothing but horror stories un confirmed about it.
Use Wholly mackerel [ smells like hell but one of my favorites], Kelp me kelp you.
I am big on the final 3 from FF. I have 15 lb tubs I share with buds of all 3 Open sesame. Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching.
I will say I go over recommended amount on final 3 but I am no pro, just trying to finish each grow as good as I can.

I followed this one and there are many FF schedules~!
1712235439008.png

Been a few days since I shared our progress. These ladies look like they might need some notes, but the cotyledon are still there. Should we start them on Grow big, and maybe Big bloom. As advised, we'll do half the recommended dose per gallon, and the weather looks like it's going to favorable to place these in their 5 gallon forever homes.

Attachments

• IMG_20240406_200427.jpg
    IMG_20240406_200427.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom