Possible heat burn or something else?

Pountre

Stoned Scientist
Reaction score
Hello growers, I would need your help identifying what the problem with this plant might be! It has grown very fast in the last 3-4 days surpassing where my air filter is and is pretty close to my HPS lamp, which is why I think this might be a heat burn, however I am a beginner grower and need advice, thank you for any information!IMG_20240320_063916.jpgIMG_20240320_063919.jpgIMG_20240320_063923.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Bud Builders!

I use LED's so I am not familiar with HPS and what they can cause if too close to the plants, I am sure someone here will be able to help.

A couple things you might want to do is give more info about your grow, as much as you can, and also, get some photos under regular white light, I do think it's going to be a bit hard to diagnose leaf issues without more information and better photos.

I will make some pictures when I get home. The plant is an AF from Barney seeds, the plant is about 50 days old. I am using bionova soil supermix as fertilizer. I use a 660W HPS bulb for 22h a day.
Welcome to Bud Builders!

I use LED's so I am not familiar with HPS and what they can cause if too close to the plants, I am sure someone here will be able to help.

A couple things you might want to do is give more info about your grow, as much as you can, and also, get some photos under regular white light, I do think it's going to be a bit hard to diagnose leaf issues without more information and better photos.

22 hours of lights on is going to be tough on a plant. Would try dropping it to 16~ hours to get your DLI down. You can run it that hard, but I don't know what the plant would need to take that.

Too me it looks like a possible calcium deficiency brought on by being slammed by too much light.

Welcome to budbuilder’s @Pountre !
Looks like light burn to me. The give away on that, is leaves underneath are protected and show no burn.
HPS is a pretty hot bulb, more so with your plants growing so close to it.
Yes! Thank you, I was questioning if it was heat burn because the light is really close to the plant since it grew so much (about 10-15cm from the bulb)

Welcome to Bud Builders!

Hi, I attatched some photos. I have some new problems though, when I got home today some of my plants started looking REALLY sad. The leaves are basically hanging and about 3-4 more leaves have the same looks as the first pics. Someone suggested lowering light time (from 22/7 to 16/7), I am also considering turning the HPS down from 660W to 400W, would that be a good idea or should I not change the watts?

Attachments

• IMG_20240320_190205.jpg
    IMG_20240320_190205.jpg
    875.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240320_190211.jpg
    IMG_20240320_190211.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240320_190255.jpg
    IMG_20240320_190255.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 4
Hey, welcome. I grew under 1000w hps for years and my rule of thumb was if it burns my hand it'll burn the leaves. So far enough away so your hand is warm, even hot but if you can't leave your hand where the plants are its too close. I like 18/6 my plants just seem healthier than with longer on hours,

Back
Top Bottom