Scotty 420

Dank Daredevil
Reaction score
As the title says I'm doing my first ever grow. I had a bit of a rough start due to some bad soil, but after getting that squared away things seem to be progressing nicely. Here's what I ended up running:

2- Bananimal (Banana Kush x Animal Cookies) (fem) from Greenpoint https://greenpointseeds.com/bananimal-feminized-seeds/

And the rest are from freebie tester packs someone from the farm sent me.

4- Sour Triangle Market (Sour Diesel x Triangle Market) (reg) not sure the breeder on that one

2- Soap S7 x Lemon Snow Cone (reg) from Seeds of Love which I have started calling Lemon Soap

Growing in a 4x4x7.5 tent, I have a 6" exhaust vented outside, I have 2 Vivosun VS1000's that I'm using currently with a VS2000 just hanging out until more light is needed. Also have a little steam humidifier & a few assorted fans. Everything (except the fans) controlled with the AC Infinity Controller 69.

20230504_215811.jpg
On 4/13 I planted 2 to start since I'd been having issues & wanted to make sure I had it figured out. After 2 days it was obvious thing were going much better so I popped 6 more, they went into the ground 4/17. Started in starter trays, after 2 weeks there were serious roots coming from the drain holes so I up potted them into 1/4 gallon biodegradable grow bags. The plan is to go straight into 5 gallon pots & the bags just get planted directly so no transplant shock Just did first watering for all of them after transplanting from the starter tray. Everyone seems to be looking healthy to my very untrained eye.20230504_215332.jpg20230504_215353.jpg20230504_215401.jpg20230504_215407.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup dude. I've really been liking the ACI controllers. I verify programming is correct each morning as part of my chores and been trouble free so far.
Yeah that was one thing I hadn't planned on getting. I know electrical controls from years of working in HVAC temp/humidity control is my jam. I could control everything with sensors & relays that I have at the shop. But even paying wholesale to do anywhere close to what I can do with this controller would cost me a fortune & be a nightmare of wiring & switches.

I honestly don't even check it very often, and the history graph will tell me if something does stop working. I went with the non WiFi version which was only $69, plus like $10 for the RJ11 connector & $20 for the AC outlet controller (you also need this for the main control unit to work unless you have ACI devices to hook it to) So for like $100 I had complete control of my lights & exhaust fan. I quickly bought another outlet controller for the humidifier. I really feel like I have the environment pretty controlled, I really recommend the Controller 69 it's the shit.

A bit late in getting this updated, but been pretty busy, had to leave town over the weekend & got back & the weather turned hot which means overnight my job went from pretty slow to super busy over night. So as I mentioned I had to leave town for a couple days & unfortunately my watering frequency had me questioning if they were going to be ok until I got back. They definitely didn't need water before I left so I hoped they'd be ok & went on. Got back & everyone was definitely pretty thirsty, but no worse for the wear. Still looking pretty good as far as I can tell.
20230507_170103.jpg

The one interesting thing is one of the plants that got planted in the 2nd wave (which also happens to be one of the femmed ones :)) seems to be passing the 1st 2. It's the one on the back left, the two in center are about 5 days older.
20230507_170128.jpg

One other funny thing that happened due to the temp/humidity getting higher after watering my plants I'm now spiking in RH. I didn't quite understand the programming on the controller 69 so my exhaust wasn't coming on for high humidity. Got it squared away but we were running about 85% for the better part of a day before I got it figured out. However this is only beginning, it's going to get way hotter & more humid. Lung room is already going into upper 50's RH. Looking at possibly adding a duct run into my lung room from the central AC (its a mechanical room that doesn't have one currently) and also may have to get s dehumidifier for the tent soon.

Last edited:
Last night I knew they needed water, but have always heard watering in the morning is best so I decided to do it 1st thing this morning. They were noticably more droopy this morning, so I think we might have given them some drought stress on accident.
20230510_072436.jpg
However the Bananimal just powered right on through.

Went ahead & dropped everyone into final pots Friday night. Did have a bit of a stoner moment mixing my first batch of soil & put in way too much mushroom compost. Of course I realized this as I reread the directions mixing the second batch after the entire first batch was already in pots with plants. So I guess we're doing a side by side to see if amping up the compost makes a difference LOL.
20230513_093254.jpg
Transplanting with the bags was super easy & didn't seem to bother them at all any more than a normal watering. Also did my fist feed. Which just consisted of molasses & seaweed. But a day later They all seem to have bounced back.
20230515_193647.jpg
I have noticed one thing with a couple plants. Mainly one but I'm noticing a couple spots on another one. Lower leaves are developing a few brown spots. They're basically all on the 1st 2 nodes, new growth looks pretty good still. Hoping it's just from them not being fed until now.
20230515_193813.jpg

Topped them all last night & clipped any remaining leaves close to the soil. Here's a before (except the bottom right one I topped it before I remembered to take a picture lol) & a couple after pics.
20230523_212751.jpg20230523_214214.jpg20230523_214242.jpg20230523_214433.jpg

I'm basically 3 weeks into veg (I counted veg as starting when they started putting out 5 bladed leaves) I'm supposed to top dress/water 2 weeks prior to flipping. Thinking I'm going to do that over the weekend & flip in 2 more weeks.

Did my fertilizer top dress, applied a compost tea & watered everybody. So I officially have 2 weeks before I flip. Growth seems to really be taking off. I'm thinking I may end up having to top again, I'm a little worried about what they're going to look like in 2 weeks & then going into the stretch.
20230529_131652.jpg20230529_131616.jpg20230529_131716.jpg

As the title says I'm doing my first ever grow. I had a bit of a rough start due to some bad soil, but after getting that squared away things seem to be progressing nicely. Here's what I ended up running:

2- Bananimal (Banana Kush x Animal Cookies) (fem) from Greenpoint https://greenpointseeds.com/bananimal-feminized-seeds/

And the rest are from freebie tester packs someone from the farm sent me.

4- Sour Triangle Market (Sour Diesel x Triangle Market) (reg) not sure the breeder on that one

2- Soap S7 x Lemon Snow Cone (reg) from Seeds of Love which I have started calling Lemon Soap

Growing in a 4x4x7.5 tent, I have a 6" exhaust vented outside, I have 2 Vivosun VS1000's that I'm using currently with a VS2000 just hanging out until more light is needed. Also have a little steam humidifier & a few assorted fans. Everything (except the fans) controlled with the AC Infinity Controller 69.

View attachment 1757
On 4/13 I planted 2 to start since I'd been having issues & wanted to make sure I had it figured out. After 2 days it was obvious thing were going much better so I popped 6 more, they went into the ground 4/17. Started in starter trays, after 2 weeks there were serious roots coming from the drain holes so I up potted them into 1/4 gallon biodegradable grow bags. The plan is to go straight into 5 gallon pots & the bags just get planted directly so no transplant shock Just did first watering for all of them after transplanting from the starter tray. Everyone seems to be looking healthy to my very untrained eye.View attachment 1758View attachment 1759View attachment 1760View attachment 1761
looking good so far scotty. so those bags you just put in a 5 gallon bag and all?

looking good so far scotty. so those bags you just put in a 5 gallon bag and all?
Yeah it was super easy, just set the whole bags in & bury them. if you look at the overhead picture you can actually still see the edge of the bag on the bottom left plant. No real transplant shock, and again just made the process super easy. Would probably work really well for autos so you wouldn't have to start in a massive pot. They're super cheap, definitely would recommend.

Yeah it was super easy, just set the whole bags in & bury them. if you look at the overhead picture you can actually still see the edge of the bag on the bottom left plant. No real transplant shock, and again just made the process super easy. Would probably work really well for autos so you wouldn't have to start in a massive pot. They're super cheap, definitely would recommend.

awesome. I like that idea of using those. thanks for info.

Just a quick update, everyone seems healthy & growing well. If anything maybe too well, getting concerned about height with the stretch still coming, but I'm supposed to wait another week to flip. Thinking I'll top one more time & do a little lollipopping/defoliating tonight.

After turning off the heater in my lung room since we were using the AC now, the tent started getting into the low 70's. So I went & bought a small heater for inside the tent & hooked it to the controller 69. I do think I got a couple of the plants that were by the heater too hot as they got a little crispy on the outer edges of a couple leaves. I put a fan right in front of the heater to spread the heat out & it seems to have solved the issue
20230603_094748.jpg
20230603_094812.jpg

Got some stuff accomplished today. I decided yesterday that I was going to make an upgrade to my exhaust vent. I have a 6" inline fan but it isn't EC & can't be controlled with my controller outside of just on/off. So there was really no way to have it run constantly & also come on at a higher speed when needed to remove heat/humidity. So I ordered a 6" duct booster fan with a variable speed controller, so I can set it for constant low speed & leave the bigger fan set to the controller to come on over the top of it.

It came today & I got all that hooked up, it's a bit of a rig job for now until I can get some 6" clamps & figure out a way to mount the booster fan, but it's in & working. Also topped everybody & lolipopped.

20230603_214453.jpg20230603_211924.jpg

Did a bit of defoliating last night. Not exactly sure what I'm doing so I read Aqua's guide one more time & went for it. Hopefully I did more good than harm LOL.

I'm roughly 4ish days from flipping. Plain watered Tuesday so I should be due to water again over the weekend which should work out well to do the feeding I'm supposed to do with the flip. Super excited to start these things flowering! Here's a couple before & after pics of my defoliation job.
20230607_220625.jpg20230607_220832.jpg20230607_234617.jpg20230607_234722.jpg

And here's my defoliation assistant 🤣
20230607_223907.jpg

Got a nice spread on your canopy, I think you'll have an excellent harvest coming!

Been looking more into that black domina as well, i think the strain popped up around 95/96, its a 4way indica. There are a few different 4way indicas out there that may be close or even the same just renamed. Piques my interest a bit too, I have intermittent stomach issues that as a man I refuse to address with a doctor visit 😆

Got a nice spread on your canopy, I think you'll have an excellent harvest coming!

Been looking more into that black domina as well, i think the strain popped up around 95/96, its a 4way indica. There are a few different 4way indicas out there that may be close or even the same just renamed. Piques my interest a bit too, I have intermittent stomach issues that as a man I refuse to address with a doctor visit 😆
That one is on my future grow list too.

Back
Top Bottom