Seeds...honesty and integrity

Oldsog

Breeder / Seed Vendor
Bud Builders Approved Seed Vendor
Reaction score
People lie, stories change we're the ones left to deal with it...

I bought some lemon og haze f4 from a "reputable" seed seller i bought them because of the genetics. I recently started them and did a bit of research and realized they changed the story and now i don't have what i thought. When i bought them they were listed as super silver haze x lemon skunk. Now they said that they were wrong and it's actually Jack Herer x lemon skunk.
So many things wrong here. 1st they brag about using genetics from 2008 directly from the breeder. How do you fuck up that much that use an entirely different strain ? Not to mention they still seeds/crosses that list the parent as Super Silver Haze. That is 100% dishonesty and now im growing something i never planned on growing.
Annoyed but what ya going to do?

Flower it early take clones incase something is tight but yea that sucks. I know as as customer I'd prefer refund at that point, wouldn't trust anything to be labeled right.

What if it's a fellow breeder that you are cool with? Obviously respect is lost but how far do you go to set the record straight? Is it just kinda tell your other breeder buddies to watch out? Tell no one cuz snitchin isn't cool? Spam it on social media to save customers? Where's the line?

I prefer accurate info myself

that's a major reason my "pet" project I've been working on since I was 21 (over ten years now) hasn't been released to anyone else. still a lot of work left to deal with traits I don't like, and the only way to really stabilize is high plant count.

after my current run, i plan on doing a SOG style and just letting run what runs from seed. it'll be a PITA but I want to stabilize and finally get it out. Difference here is I know the lineage, at least starting at the story I was told about seeds from the source mom. Can I believe it? I do given what I smoked was what I knew to be the mom. The dad? crapshoot but I'll run with it because of the influence I've seen in the expressions of the plants I've ran.

Don't fuckin lie about your shit is simple. This whole branding garbage in breeding has become an issue. Everyone wants the next Girl Scout Cookies or Runtz or whatever. Most of it is bullshit, just like the clone only shit used to be.

What if it's a fellow breeder that you are cool with? Obviously respect is lost but how far do you go to set the record straight?
Years Ago a very good friend used trade many clone with a very well known breeder. On 3 separate occasions my friend received fake clones from the breeder. He enlisted another friend and they both agreed the cuts were fake. They told the breeder and he said oh well and continues to sell them. From this interaction with that breeder and the detective work involved was how csi:Humboldt got its name

the truth is 100 years of prohibition has created a culture of secrets and lies. Harry AssLicker set this tip off, Reagan made, and destroyed, his career on his "war on drugs" on the same tip. Truth be told, unless someone is running a strain from landrace to cultivar on video, you can't trust shit in this community. And let's be real. Some of the best clone only strains have come out of mexican brick bag seeds gasp the shit everyone says don't grow.

fuck it. it's a plant. terpenes don't matter, if you have fun and grow a herm, cost of business. it's a fucking plant. we're not growing roses or grapes here people.

That's the shit that has me weary on trying landraces...like how and who the heck do you trust to get the pure or most trusted still around?

Would love to run some Hindu and afghani...shit like that

And what clone only strains came from brick weed? Hard to imagine that shit being much more than a building block but I find it fascinating now and would like to know...I'm dumb on clone history

That's the shit that has me weary on trying landraces...like how and who the heck do you trust to get the pure or most trusted still around?

Would love to run some Hindu and afghani...shit like that
somewhere around 2006 Nirvana was including freebies of Mazar-I-Sharif. Story was they were smuggled out by a soldier and were a landrace strain for the region (hence the name).

Color me a fool but it was the purest indica I've grown, ever. The buds were dark green but a glisten of silver. Dense as shit, short stout plants. 13 finger leaves with blades three fingers wide.

It's a strain I bred into my fucked up hybrid because at that time I had no money, minimal seed stock, so anything I got my hand on got thrown in the mix. That's why my project is so fucked lol og kush x trainwreck x white widow x mazar x white rhino. it's a fuckall situation. i digress.

finding solid landrace is easier now than it used to be (thank you dark web) but it's still questionable. a seed is a seed, a cutting is a cutting. prohibition has fuuucked the tracking of genetics and we can't unfuck this situation.

I remember many years ago I ordered seeds from Gypsy Nirvana in Europe.........I ordered Northen Lights #1 and they sent me (but did not tell me) a Northen Lights hybrid with Haze. Instead of getting short, 3 foot plants- I started to grow out these 6+ foot lanky monsters. I didn't have enough lighting to satisfy those buggers, and they grew and grew. I killed off about 60 plants and wasted almost 2 months of growing time. I raised bloody hell and hey eventually admitted they substituted genetics cause they ran out.

It's too bad the Phylos Galaxy isn't still up but their tracking system still is. I used to spend hours getting high and exploring it tracking genetics of what I was growing. I don't think it's updated anymore though.
Seedfinder.EU is a good option though

20marijuana-articleLarge.gif

People lie, stories change we're the ones left to deal with it...

I bought some lemon og haze f4 from a "reputable" seed seller i bought them because of the genetics. I recently started them and did a bit of research and realized they changed the story and now i don't have what i thought. When i bought them they were listed as super silver haze x lemon skunk. Now they said that they were wrong and it's actually Jack Herer x lemon skunk.
So many things wrong here. 1st they brag about using genetics from 2008 directly from the breeder. How do you fuck up that much that use an entirely different strain ? Not to mention they still seeds/crosses that list the parent as Super Silver Haze. That is 100% dishonesty and now im growing something i never planned on growing.
Annoyed but what ya going to do?
Wait, I heard this story already. Ethos is the POS that did this. Why anyone supports that breeder is beyond me. Can you say dickhead?

Wait, I heard this story already. Ethos is the POS that did this. Why anyone supports that breeder is beyond me. Can you say dickhead?
I really don't know shit about the guy but my buddy here in stl works at this grow facility. The main operator is known in the scene and my buddy was asking him about breeders and he said when asked about ethos, that he knew the guy and he had good genetics but he was a slob and dirty lol.

Now I question how he meant dirty

I began my growing in 75-76 and yes it was Bagseed, and I knew no breeders. Nowadays I research Utube and watch the forums for what everyone else is growing, like you guys. I enjoy R&D and thats why I run two or three breeders strains at the same time. History of Cannabis is massive for such a short period of knowing your strains breeder. SSgrower

the truth is 100 years of prohibition has created a culture of secrets and lies. Harry AssLicker set this tip off, Reagan made, and destroyed, his career on his "war on drugs" on the same tip. Truth be told, unless someone is running a strain from landrace to cultivar on video, you can't trust shit in this community. And let's be real. Some of the best clone only strains have come out of mexican brick bag seeds gasp the shit everyone says don't grow.

fuck it. it's a plant. terpenes don't matter, if you have fun and grow a herm, cost of business. it's a fucking plant. we're not growing roses or grapes here people.
You are so on point here, we smoke this effort but if we could just get a handle on the History, we try our best. SSgrower

i've posted before regarding Ethos owner Colin Gordan. i found out about him when someone on a Euro site posted a 3 page rap sheet about his U.S. arrests on beating up women, throwing dogs out of moving cars (animal cruelty), multiple hard drug offenses, some hand gun violations, etc., etc. He ended up doing some prison time for his offenses too. There's numerous reports he's a piece a shit, and not well liked in the industry.

In my mind, he's similar to Arjun from Amsterdam- more of a marketer than a quality breeder. I've done a ton of Ethos strains, most because they yield very heavy instead of superior quality. Theres probably only 3-4 strains I would recommend out of their vast selection. Like a lot of breeders, he has a network of growers that are producing seed for him, he oversees very little of the total grow operation in Colorado.

I will look for his rap sheet, it's interesting reading.....

There's so much out there, i'll leave it to each of you to search if you want further info.....

Screenshot_20220304-171849

I
i've posted before regarding Ethos owner Colin Gordan. i found out about him when someone on a Euro site posted a 3 page rap sheet about his U.S. arrests on beating up women, throwing dogs out of moving cars (animal cruelty), multiple hard drug offenses, some hand gun violations, etc., etc. He ended up doing some prison time for his offenses too. There's numerous reports he's a piece a shit, and not well liked in the industry.

In my mind, he's similar to Arjun from Amsterdam- more of a marketer than a quality breeder. I've done a ton of Ethos strains, most because they yield very heavy instead of superior quality. Theres probably only 3-4 strains I would recommend out of their vast selection. Like a lot of breeders, he has a network of growers that are producing seed for him, he oversees very little of the total grow operation in Colorado.

I will look for his rap sheet, it's interesting reading.....
kind of find it hard to believe anyone would purchase his genetics knowing what a POS person the dude is. Animal cruelty? Seriously they cannot even defend themselves. I will never buy crap from a person that picks on dogs. DICK in my book!!!

Many feel the same way............ i tend to be more forgiving as i'm pretty sure he's cleaned up his act as he's making tons of money these days. i posted his rap sheet somewhere, in another forum years ago. I just need the time to go searching for it.

This reminds me of Reeferman, who when he was young, was part of a "Hitler Youth Movement". I kid you not. Reeferman addressed it, admitted to it, and after getting married and having kids, saw the error of his ways and renounced it all. Reeferman is another piece of shit though, stiffing customers and partners over many, many years. I spend a lot of time of Euro pot forums, and there's quite a bit about him- i posted in a current thread last week regarding him not sending seeds to customers after being paid. He has his own website now, and there are many complaints about not getting their seeds.

Heres my take- most of the guys who have been around a long time are a bit shady to begin with. Most live in the underbelly of society, already breaking the law by growing and seed production. Like now, there's some honest breeders, genuine good guys. And there's guys at the other end of the spectrum. It's a dog eat dog world out there in the seed world, and as always, let the buyer beware........

Many feel the same way............ i tend to be more forgiving as i'm pretty sure he's cleaned up his act as he's making tons of money these days. i posted his rap sheet somewhere, in another forum years ago. I just need the time to go searching for it.

This reminds me of Reeferman, who when he was young, was part of a "Hitler Youth Movement". I kid you not. Reeferman addressed it, admitted to it, and after getting married and having kids, saw the error of his ways and renounced it all. Reeferman is another piece of shit though, stiffing customers and partners over many, many years. I spend a lot of time of Euro pot forums, and there's quite a bit about him- i posted in a current thread last week regarding him not sending seeds to customers after being paid. He has his own website now, and there are many complaints about not getting their seeds.

Heres my take- most of the guys who have been around a long time are a bit shady to begin with. Most live in the underbelly of society, already breaking the law by growing and seed production. Like now, there's some honest breeders, genuine good guys. And there's guys at the other end of the spectrum. It's a dog eat dog world out there in the seed world, and as always, let the buyer beware........
that was something I found to be very true in mendo while I lived there. I hear it all the time that the corporations just care about the money....im like....well...the old timers I've met also care more about the money then the plant...and most of them also care a hole hell of a lot about coke, meth, fucking young trimmer girls, being big shots, having the ego of a big bad ass, couldn't hold a real job or deal with authority, and generally, were not the peaceful hippies wanting a community / what I expected to find in the hills of mendo. ive seen plenty of old timers who just delegate all the work to farm hands, which they burn thru every few seasons, and couldn't tell you shit about how to grow, or what's actually happening to the grow. I've seen it time and time again, groups of people drunk or getting drunk in the garden. Hell I'll never forget seeing a "twenty-year outlaw veteran" watering a 14-foot-tall plant oblivious to the fact its clearly a male (as in it was fully in flower, and I spotted across the gardens, and it was hours away from seeding 3 greenhouses. And telling them it was male was like having to convince them they missed it...and this was at a farm with a dozen workers who all theoretically had been tending it for months...and i dont mean it had a ball you had to hunt for, it was fully in flower obvious af male.

the number of guys Ive met in this "industry" who I would say actually love the plant and would be growing if there was no money involved is a tiny list compared to the guys I've met that I knew were in it to get paid.
Just my soap box lol

Last edited:
and that's not me trying to be or to sound like a judgmental ass if people want to snort coke off young girls asses or get drunk every night or smoke meth- but its just the reality. black markets and prohibition attract criminals. and I say that as someone whose never been permitted, and has always existed in the black market.

Back
Top Bottom