A Cornucopia of Delightful Cannabis Cultivars

giphy.webp

Its super early at day 42 today, but I think its safe to say that the sour d hashplant is the sexiest lady in this tent. The colas further in the back of the tent are getting huge and I can't reach my alligator arms in there enough to get some good pics of the ones in the back that are twice the size of the others but here is one that is about halfway and she is frosty as hell. Super excited to try this one I just hope her smell carries over with the cure because she is one stinker for sure more complex than I expected not only does she have that diesel oil rag stench but she has a nice piney almost evergreen essence to her with a slight lemon pledge mixed in at the end I wonder if the pine part is from the 88g13hp father since it seems to be so dominant in crosses. Anyway just wanted to share this little bud I've been staring at for the past day from day.
IMG_2815.jpeg

Day 45 I figure I’ve got about 35-40 days left on most of them maybe 50 for the Panama. I changed my lights to 13/11 to try and help the Panama out a little bit so I’m not sitting here for a month after I harvest the rest waiting for a 14 week sativa. On a side note I had some really shitty luck with clones this year my batch a few months ago didn’t root and died and I just had 8 out of 9 of my sunshine 4 clones kick the bucket and I’m babying this last one hoping she’s gonna be ok she’s has a small root sticking out the side so there’s some hope.
IMG_2835.jpegIMG_2836.jpegIMG_2837.jpegIMG_2838.jpegIMG_2839.jpegIMG_2840.jpegIMG_2842.jpegIMG_2841.jpegIMG_2843.jpegIMG_2834.jpeg

One other thing I really suck at growing sativas can never get them dialed in like I can with the Indicas and hybrids that’s gonna be my goal after this grow to try and grow some of this haze I got sitting around I’m thinking I really gotta go gentle on the nutrients next time I couldn’t really do much because of the reservoir auto watering the 4 of them and I was afraid if i went too low the other 3 would be effected

I’m so mad that I didn’t take clones of this diesel I gotta hope for a reveg and I have yet to successfully reveg a plant so it’s pretty slim but it’s my only chance to keep this pheno. She’s got about 3 weeks left Wednesday is the start of week 8 so she should be done by the end of week 10 beginning of week 11. I’m gonna do a partial harvest on them all in waves so I can hopefully get the lower buds more developed because this canopy is blocking a lot of light from getting to those lowers and I can’t reach far enough into the back of the tent to remove any fan leaves.

IMG_2866.jpegIMG_2862.jpegIMG_2863.jpegIMG_2865.jpeg

Taking a t break right now and it really sucks. My seasonal allergies have been triggering my asthma and vaping the bud is no longer enjoyable because it feels like I’m breathing out of a straw. I’ve been wanting to take a break for a bit anyway to get my tolerance back down so the flower will effect me more and I guess this is natures way of forcing a t break on me. I did great from Saturday until this afternoon but luckily I had some 50mg thc/cbd gummies in the cupboard for an emergency so I cut it in 4 and ate a 1/4 to try and keep it at 12.5/12.5. I have a neighbor that micro doses flower and takes like 2 hits at a time and only smokes like once a week and I don’t know how the hell he does it but I wish I had that type of willpower but until then the gummies are gonna have to do the trick to lower the tolerance a bit

Some pics at day 51. I’m in love with this diesel. She’s the nicest and healthiest plant I’ve grown to date. The Panama is gonna take forever but I’m seeing some signs that she’s maturing finally. Seems like that plant stretched 4 times and didn’t stop until week 7.

IMG_2896.jpegIMG_2897.jpegIMG_2899.jpegIMG_2900.jpegIMG_2901.jpegIMG_2902.jpegIMG_2903.jpeg

Some pics of the other two plants. The caramel afghan still smells like tangerines with some lavender lemon mixed in and the Congo still smells like lime skittles but it’s getting a weird rubbery smell kind of like bandaids so it’s like lime bandaids.

IMG_2910.jpegIMG_2909.jpegIMG_2907.jpegIMG_2906.jpegIMG_2905.jpeg

Ok I learned my lesson last grow and made sure I waited to germinate the next batch. Too poor this summer to buy another dozen farmer freeman tests and neglected to grab them on the 420 sale so it’s gonna be fem beans this round. I chose 4 different strains this time around and all 4 should be around the same harvest window. Here is the lineup
First up is Whipped Screams
1718467686108.png

Purple Nepali
1718467818675.png

Peachez n chem
1718468011748.png
and Chernobyl

Day 54 the Panama is finally starting to slowly form buds it’s looking like it’s gonna take at least 4 more weeks maybe 5. She’s getting some purple too and it’s covering up her burnt tips 😜 Mother Nature concealing my fuck ups I’ll take it. The caramel and Congo are leafy as hell they’re gonna be a pain to trim but the sour d is gonna help with that I don’t think she’s gonna need much trimming at all. IMG_2928.jpegIMG_2931.jpegIMG_2929.jpegIMG_2932.jpegIMG_2930.jpegIMG_2927.jpegIMG_2933.jpegIMG_2936.jpegIMG_2935.jpegIMG_2934.jpeg

Day 59 this Panama is finally starting to get there I was getting worried and then as soon as I started the ripening powder two days later they started forming solid buds out of the thousand orange hairs and they smell really nice almost like really feminine vanilla perfume. The Congo is also starting to thicken up and resemble actual buds and the caramel is pretty close to the finish line as well as the diesel. Gonna start harvesting in about 12-14 days in phases first the diesel tops then 3-4 days later the caramel then will probably take the Congo around say 80-85 and the Panama around 90

IMG_2966.jpegIMG_2967.jpegIMG_2968.jpegIMG_2969.jpegIMG_2970.jpegIMG_2971.jpegIMG_2972.jpegIMG_2973.jpegIMG_2974.jpeg

day 62
Getting close to the start of the partial harvest. Planning on starting to take tops of diesel around day 75-80 then every 4 days take the rest of the plants probably caramel then Congo then Panama and then sour lowers and so forth. Might hang the Panama Congo and caramel lowers of the temps drop a bit in my basement but If not I’ll use the her herb dryer in the flower room where the good ac is and all will be well but will just take longer and will have to wait to put the next batch in until August 1st IMG_3009.jpegIMG_3010.jpegIMG_3012.jpegIMG_3013.jpegIMG_3017.jpegIMG_3018.jpegIMG_3014.jpegIMG_3016.jpegIMG_3019.jpegIMG_3020.jpeg

Day 64 it’s a real test of patience when you’re out of weed and you have plants at the beginning of week 10. They’re not ready yet the trichs on all are pretty much the same all cloudy no amber with a couple clears on the Congo and she is gonna go the longest. Panama really ripened fast once I started cutting nitrogen and changed to 13/11 at week 7. Gonna try to hold out on chopping the diesel until next weekend around day 75 and just taking her tops then 4 days later caramel

IMG_3048.jpegIMG_3052.jpegIMG_3047.jpegIMG_3049.jpegIMG_3050.jpegIMG_3051.jpeg

Btw I’m half blind so if anyone looks at these pics and sees any amber in these plants please let me know I have to use 3x Walmart reading glasses just to trim my buds that’s how bad the eyes are

Having been out of smoke for about 3 weeks now I had to take some top colas to dry so I have some 4th of July smoke to bring along to a pool party so I took the most mature colas of the Panama that were blocking the other plants and threw them in the dryer. Only filled two trays so it’s about an oz which will get me by for the month of July until the diesel is done curing towards the end of the month. Planning on taking diesel tops next Wednesday or Thursday at day 72-73

IMG_3057.jpegIMG_3055.jpeg

Thursday night I took some of the more mature Panama colas that were blocking my other plants. Being a 2:1 cbd dominant strain I’m not gonna lie I was not expecting much from this plant and the bag appeal is non existent but this straggly wispy plant that looks like weeds from my backyard has some punch to her. It wasn’t overwhelming or super potent but it had a really nice motivating buzz with a clear head and some uppity energy to her. Can definitely feel the cbd presence too it gave me a nice feeling of overall well being and relaxed my muscles after a 7 hour golf tournament where I had to carry 3 drunk friends in a scramble yesterday

IMG_3085.jpegIMG_3086.jpeg

Well it looks like the summer of George is ending. I lost my job of 12 years back in April and was enjoying a fat severance check and lots of free time but I just got a job offer that I couldn't refuse and I guess its back to being an adult. Only bad thing is get this, the place tests for nicotine. Absolutely blows my mind how with my med card I am exempt to the urine test for weed but I could end up losing this job because I occasionally puff on a nicotine vape a few times a week. Just threw out the nicotine and hoping I can get this out of my system in the next 10 days or I'm gonna have to make excuses and prolong the test.

First partial harvest was done on the tops of the Panama that were blocking the rest then last night I took some tops of the diesel that were finished and a few of the caramel that were done and I still have a whole lotta weed left to harvest.
IMG_3101.jpegIMG_3100.jpegIMG_3108.jpegIMG_3109.jpegIMG_3111.jpegIMG_3113.jpegIMG_3115.jpegIMG_3117.jpegIMG_3118.jpegIMG_3119.jpeg

Next batch is transplanted and like a goof I mixed up the peaches n chem and purple Nepali plants forgot to label them right away but peaches should be easy to detect compared to the supposed pear and Egyptian violet fuel whatever the hell that is 😂

@Bandit420 been wanting to ask you, how do you like the Herbsnow dryer?
I learned that I can't post my buds drying in it on any other forum because there are always "experts" that laugh and tell me how bad the bud is gonna turn out because those people never used it before. I had to leave a discord sub because these idiots antagonized me for weeks over using it saying good luck with your crispy dried out buds. Well I like the thing it has a learning curve and works best in a cool environment with at least 50RH but right now I have no other option and my normal dry room is 80 degrees. Just curious how you've been liking the thing since I seem to be the only person out in the weed world that likes them

@Bandit420 been wanting to ask you, how do you like the Herbsnow dryer?
I learned that I can't post my buds drying in it on any other forum because there are always "experts" that laugh and tell me how bad the bud is gonna turn out because those people never used it before. I had to leave a discord sub because these idiots antagonized me for weeks over using it saying good luck with your crispy dried out buds. Well I like the thing it has a learning curve and works best in a cool environment with at least 50RH but right now I have no other option and my normal dry room is 80 degrees. Just curious how you've been liking the thing since I seem to be the only person out in the weed world that likes them

I like it a lot man! I honestly cannot tell the difference between what it does and any of the traditional methods of drying by hang drying in cool temps or otherwise.
I've never been one to subscribe to dogma or get so stuck in my ways I cannot learn something new or adapt to new ideas. Change brings fear in some and that fear often reveals itself in ridicule. To those living that fear, fuck 'em.
If anything what people don't understand is that it's not a food dehydrator and doesn't even work like one. Might look like one but that's where the similarities end

I'm most impressed that it does not flatten out buds which has always been an issue with rack drying and why I preferred hanging over anything.
The terps, the THC profiles, the density, smooth smoke are all there and I'd welcome anybody to take the Pepsi challenge to tell me which are hung and dried slow compared to in the dryer and done in 4-5 days.
It does not turn buds crispy or dry too fast.
My PLCG dried in this machine tested at 24% THC so no loss on potency either

After testing it out and realizing it was legit, capacity was my only concern so I've modified mine with xtra racks to hold a lot of weed...

IMG_6758.JPG

I think there I had like 5 plants loaded into the thing.
The upper green racks don't have screens so I can actually hang dry large colas in it too.

I do want to see if I can open it up and see what's all in the base. I have a feeling it's just a warm running PC fan but there could be a peltier device in there and if so, then the wires can be reversed so it uses cool air but doing that may need a drain for any condensation.
No regrets at all on this buy and I'd buy it again. And yeah ambient conditions will influence it. I think anything at normal room temp will do fine. My RH is usually around 45-70 and it does well in those conditions. Even on the low end of RH it still took 4-5 days and I haven't needed to use the shotglass of water in the bottom rack

I like it a lot man! I honestly cannot tell the difference between what it does and any of the traditional methods of drying by hang drying in cool temps or otherwise.
I've never been one to subscribe to dogma or get so stuck in my ways I cannot learn something new or adapt to new ideas. Change brings fear in some and that fear often reveals itself in ridicule. To those living that fear, fuck 'em.
If anything what people don't understand is that it's not a food dehydrator and doesn't even work like one. Might look like one but that's where the similarities end

I'm most impressed that it does not flatten out buds which has always been an issue with rack drying and why I preferred hanging over anything.
The terps, the THC profiles, the density, smooth smoke are all there and I'd welcome anybody to take the Pepsi challenge to tell me which are hung and dried slow compared to in the dryer and done in 4-5 days.
It does not turn buds crispy or dry too fast.
My PLCG dried in this machine tested at 24% THC so no loss on potency either

After testing it out and realizing it was legit, capacity was my only concern so I've modified mine with xtra racks to hold a lot of weed...

View attachment 63821

I think there I had like 5 plants loaded into the thing.
The upper green racks don't have screens so I can actually hang dry large colas in it too.

I do want to see if I can open it up and see what's all in the base. I have a feeling it's just a warm running PC fan but there could be a peltier device in there and if so, then the wires can be reversed so it uses cool air but doing that may need a drain for any condensation.
No regrets at all on this buy and I'd buy it again. And yeah ambient conditions will influence it. I think anything at normal room temp will do fine. My RH is usually around 45-70 and it does well in those conditions. Even on the low end of RH it still took 4-5 days and I haven't needed to use the shotglass of water in the bottom rack
Yeah I got a set of greens too can’t have enough racks

Back
Top Bottom