SSHZ does Dragons Flame "Orange Dreams"..........

Flowering day 1.........i did a thorough watering today, and pinched some more sun leaves off that were blocking light to below. The room is very healthy, they seem to be loving the nutrients as i've upped it to 720ppm. I'll eventually do some light lolipopping but I want to see if I'll get any stretch from these at all.

Yeah I think there's definitely different strategy people use in achieving similar results keeping those side branches in play on this type of strain

It's the biggest concern IMO cause otherwise you end up with a massive central cola, which will really tap the end weight like you mentioned

The other thing that could be of benefit in there is keeping the air flow on the higher end so it's moving around a little more than usual

Last edited:
Yeah agree.specially the short ones I tend to keep all branches bar a couple..I forgot another important reason why I use stakes is to position those branches where they will benefit more.moving branches sideways away from others and drive a stake in.short ones have to b defold more as everything is just in close proximity .

Yeah I think there's definitely different strategy people use in achieving similar results keeping those side branches in play on this type of strain

It's the biggest concern IMO cause otherwise you end up with a massive central cola, which will really tap the end weight like you mentioned

The other thing that could be of benefit in there is keeping the air flow on the higher end so it's moving around a little more than usual
Where you been Franksta..hope all is well mate.

Beautiful mate..don’t they get going or what in flower mode.😃

So i ended up removing the largest 6-8 sun leaves off each plant the last few days........this in turn opens the side branches up to receive more light and grow better. I'm really happy how these responded, in their 2nd day of flowering. Tonight, after lights out, I'll spray the room and plants thoroughly with my peppermint/tea oil/alcohol mix i discussed last grow and i should be good to go........looking at the pic though, it looks like a few more leaves need to be removed shortly.

It continues to amaze me the impact on growth by removing the largest sun leaves and then the burst of growth from all the other leaves on the plants...........this all in just a few days.

I typically feed a higher ppm to indicas too, so i'll be mentioning that number often too.

MDK, i'll try and get your goodies mailed tomorrow buddy! And then message you the tracking number. And everyone is expecting a smoke report on the Mandarin Cookies too!

Last edited:
No hurries or worries dude 😎 you're the man sshz love watching the grows! If I remember right we got a BB event on the 20th I believe so I'll be sure to share with Moe and CannaGranny ☺️. Thanks again dude

Question, Ive adopted your solution that you said your going to spray tonight...ive usually backed off right before flip but the pupil has to ask the professor...im guessing tonight is ok because no buds have formed? This the last spray? Would it have effects on the stretch if sprayed in another handful of days prior to buds forming but in full on stretch mode? Thanks again

Last edited:
Sorry, I mispoke. I will wait 7-10 days and then spray..........not sure what i was thinking. I started getting my supplies together (sprayer, soap, etc.) and then realized my mistake.

But yes, it has to be before flowering begins since my spray is oil based. The oil will stunt pistol growth. This will be my only spray for the crop- plants, walls, pots, floor, tools, etc. I'll also put sticky yellow traps around to catch any possible gnats early.

I must've missed something... what are we spraying for?

Here's the recipe again.........only spray in veg or early flowering- never in flowering with buds present.

2 qts. warm water
1/4 cup tea tree soap from Dr. Woods
1/4 cup of peppermint soap from Dr. Woods
1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
1 cup 70% alcohol (no higher)

Spray everything and everywhere. Kills most eggs and insects, plants love it though. Spray in dark, leave lights off for next 6 hours.............I leave a fan running in the room at low too.

Yeah agree.specially the short ones I tend to keep all branches bar a couple..I forgot another important reason why I use stakes is to position those branches where they will benefit more.moving branches sideways away from others and drive a stake in.short ones have to b defold more as everything is just in close proximity .
Max, I am doing the same technique (which I learned from Frankster and Dire Wolf) to open the plant as much as possible and push it to grow horizontally as much as possible.

I’m not actually growing them horizontal..perhaps I should have worded it better..but I do know what you mean 100%.i use phototropism outdoors which actually promotes growth using the own plants stimulant in Auxins.auxins go to the dark side of the branch and promote elongation.I’ve used this technique for long time.you’ll have branches coming off your main branches too which get trained also.pretty much like scrogging.same effect,.I’ll probably do this indoors when I make room bigger.dunno when that will b ..lol.i gotta get permission lmao.

I'll give them 2 more weeks, do a defoliation opening them up a bit and then switch to flowering. I'm not obsessed with plant size as i know i can still get a great yield off shorty's. Removing 4 of the largest sun leaves on each plant will open them up quite a bit.......
I'm a big believer in defoliation

I've been defoliating the crap out of all my grows since i switched to LED's............never clipped a leaf before that (over 30 years). lol
I never liked to either being an outdoor grower before moving inside but after watching and learning your ways it’s a must do.

I’m not actually growing them horizontal..perhaps I should have worded it better..but I do know what you mean 100%.i use phototropism outdoors which actually promotes growth using the own plants stimulant in Auxins.auxins go to the dark side of the branch and promote elongation.I’ve used this technique for long time.you’ll have branches coming off your main branches too which get trained also.pretty much like scrogging.same effect,.I’ll probably do this indoors when I make room bigger.dunno when that will b ..lol.i gotta get permission lmao.
If you become a Jesuit can't you just do anything and ask for permission later? If your wife's name is Shirley, surely she'd let you do it. I remember reading Ray Charles bio and his back up singers were called the Raylettes...because they 'let' Ray....

Haha..I only have to look at her and before I even say anything she seems to know what I’m going to,say 😆sometimes I get the feeling I’m being spied on 🤣🤣🤣.she has a key to my room.changing the lock made her more suss haha.

Lights have been lowered to 23 inches above the canopy........... i continue use to go in daily and remove the largest of leaves. I want as many bud sites with direct light as possible. I'll spray friday night, or maybe saturday but no later than that. Indicas usually show buds quicker than sativas, and i don't want my spraying to slow things down........

Back
Top Bottom