SSHZ does Ethos "Zsweet Inzanity".........again

Logic went thru and removed 90% of my grows, sometimes leaving just 1 page of an entire grow. I can't find the first Orange Gasm grow at all, although the later 2020 grow is still up, at least some of it. i'll need to check over at RIU........

wrong one..your right..I can’t find it..

Trimming fan leaves is a job I think a lot of growers dread & are perplexed about. No stress in flower is important and I would not do a massive strip in flower. I try to be ready for that cycle but never achieve that really, some growers rarely defoilate , misspell, some like my mentor strip everyday? I am going over and check out my old threads and see "My Carnage by Logically stupid", Cheers guys SSgrower testing Mosca seeds, next up are Frosted Watermelon!

Attachments

• image004(1).png
    image004(1).png
    304.3 KB · Views: 11
That sure looks like my first grow with LED's......actually that appears to be the one. Three years back would be 2020, not 2018. i did find some other grows, like Member Berry, which were reduced to one page. Confused by it all. I'll have to go back thru that for defoliation pics. I do remember Rasta Jeff from Irie Seeds stating to leave the very top sun leaves for growth, which i used to do and do not anymore. These block more light than any other leaves of the plant. If i wasn't topping, i'd leave them but since i am, they are removed too.

I keep those tops ones .like top 3 nodes and even further down if the plants nice and open.

its a great grow diary that one..pretty much everything’s covered .the gummie recipes probably in there too.

Yup, with Aquamans gummie improvements later in the thread..........that made a big difference.

Checkout how big these girls are at day 25.huge leaves lol..b interesting to see the comparison between grows at same time in flower..I couldnt remember you running the exhale bags lol.4EC1B3BF-8D70-422E-A93E-EBC6AED5EFC6.jpeg

Is that my Orange Gasm????? Look at the size of those sun leaves.....LOL Thats in the newer room, so they are under the LED's.

More important to show them after their first defoliation.

Exhale bags are a waste of money unless you are growing in a closet.......... I used them a couple of times, the XL versions, one on each side but the room wasn’t “closed” since it actually only helped the plants closest. I ran exhaust fans all the time, thus it negated the impact of having the bags.

Reactions: Max
Interesting conversation with the wife tonight at dinner...... out of the blue she asked me how much each crop costs me to produce. 35 years of this and she finally popped the question. Average costs of course:

Seeds $300
Electric $300
Promix $100
Fertilizer $50
Misc $50
Shipping/Containers/Boxes $200 (packages are shipped to 11 states at this point)

So, expenses are about $1000 per crop. She knows the sales numbers, so she was pretty happy after the conversation.........

So after all this time now, is she finally going get a grow up and running with a little help from the master .😃

or does this mean you can get another room going 😆

She's just questioning the finances......... and not much else. I just bought a back-up dehumidifier, as my current one seems to have a mind of its own- it works, but at times I need to shut it off and restart to get the compressor to kick on. Coming into a month of flowering, that's not a good position to be in. So a $200 expensive, which triggered the inquiry.

She sees the cash roll in, so it pretty innocent all told.

That’s cheap if it’s the same wattage as the old one..they are expensive in my neck of the woods.
ausclimate would probably b my pick nxt purchase..one I have now has 350 watts.cost 3-350 bucks and that is just keeps up and that’s for up to a 50m2 room.the one I want is just too high on the watts at 760.if I was running a room similar to yours I reckon I’d b still battling..specially when I’m in a shed open to the elements. https://ausclimate.com.au/collections/dehumidifiers when you choose one checkout the specs..

That’s cheap if it’s the same wattage as the old one..they are expensive in my neck of the woods.
ausclimate would probably b my pick nxt purchase..one I have now has 350 watts.cost 3-350 bucks and that is just keeps up and that’s for up to a 50m2 room.the one I want is just too high on the watts at 760.if I was running a room similar to yours I reckon I’d b still battling..specially when I’m in a shed open to the elements. https://ausclimate.com.au/collections/dehumidifiers when you choose one checkout the specs..
That one's $200 off right now.

The Fridgidaire I have now is for a 5,000 sq ft space, my room is 5 X 10 X 8 so 400+ sq. ft total. I overbought purposely, since it would not have to run all day and night to get the humidity down where I like it. I paid $270 for it, free shipping from Amazon prime. I think it pulls around 750 watts from the wall but it doesn't have to run full time. The unit I just bought and was delivered today is made for a 1500 sq. ft room and was around $90 cheaper. I'm sure it uses less electricity too, since its selling point was hightly efficient by government standards. My old has been working, so I left it in there for now. I'll use the new one as a backup when needed.

If they reduce the price of the 35litre down 100 bucks or so I might just purchase one..I have 3 brevilles atm .ones buggered but still under warrantee ,makes horrible screeching noice and jumps about like there’s a jack rabbit in it.😆
I wish they were that cheap around here. I pay about 1k for each and they are rated at 110 pints.

lol.....I have to share this.

After the discussion about dehumidifiers in the thread, i looked more into what i have and what i bought a few days ago and was delivered already. The dehumidifier I currently own collects 50 pints at a time, generally twice a day or less i empty it after it fills up into my water container i use for watering. What i just bought collects about half that much at a time, 25-30 pints, which would mean 4 empty's a day. I didn't think it thru, i decided to return it. My daughter is high up with Amazon AWS and taught me a secret about returns which i won't share here out in the open but when i started the return, i was told to keep it, we don't want it back. The credit was initiated, I have a brand new, working dehumidifier for free.

Further, Amazon takes their returns and does not put them back into stock.......they load up on pallets all their returns and sell them in auctions. The pallets are plastic wrapped up, and sold to the highest bidder. Depending on the item, weight and reason for return- some things they take back, others they don't. Get it?

Last edited:

After the discussion about dehumidifiers in the thread, i looked more into what i have and what i bought a few days ago and was delivered already. The dehumidifier I currently own collects 50 pints at a time, generally twice a day or less i empty it after it fills up into my water container i use for watering. What i just bought collects about half that much at a time, 25-30 pints, which would mean 4 empty's a day. I didn't think it thru, i decided to return it. My daughter is high up with Amazon AWS and taught me a secret about returns which i won't share here out in the open but when i started the return, i was told to keep it, we don't want it back. The credit was initiated, I have a brand new, working dehumidifier for free.

Further, Amazon takes their returns and does not put them back into stock.......they load up on pallets all their returns and sell them in auctions. The pallets are plastic wrapped up, and sold to the highest bidder. Depending on the item, weight and reason for return- some things they take back, others they don't. Get it?
Thats the only reason i continue to shop with Amazon. 90% of the stuff i set up for return i have been able to keep.

We had auctions every week for those returned and overstocked items , you can get great deals or screwed it’s a shot in the dark , sometimes ya don’t even know what’s on a pallet

Attachments

• IMG_0024.png
    IMG_0024.png
    197.3 KB · Views: 8
i do believe if you abuse the return policy, they will lock your account so you can't order anymore.......but i order under my daughters Prime account, so between us we order a ton of shit, mainly for the grandkids. She also gets some crappy employee discount, but it's so small it's not worth mentioning.

I wish they were that cheap around here. I pay about 1k for each and they are rated at 110 pints.
And I thought here was bad.. that 50litre in usd is $341.00 .if you knew how good it was you could purchase from here if freight was say a couple hundred ..how well do the ones work you have now..what brand you running Anthem.

Wow! I feel fortunate. I have a 30 pint dehu with drain hose I got on Amazon for $90. I should've gotten the 50 pint but the 30 works fine as I use the drain hose into my res. I'd like a 50 pint just to be able to drop humidity more.

For a 4x8 area, 50 pints is the way to go, especially in flowering. I’ve never had one unit last more than 2 years, make sure you buy the extended warranty as most come only with a 90 day, with is bullshit. Also, make sure they stay upright. If it is ever tilted, let it sit for 24 hours before using again. It has to do with the cooling oil in the compressor I’m guessing.

And I thought here was bad.. that 50litre in usd is $341.00 .if you knew how good it was you could purchase from here if freight was say a couple hundred ..how well do the ones work you have now..what brand you running Anthem.
I have been using the active air brand. I did have a 80 pint unit crap out on me after several years use.

All of these, except the really expensive ones, use shitty compressors that aren't meant to last a long time. It's like fans, expect to replace them in a couple years.

The 2 tallest plants in the room, one of each side, are showing some light bleaching from having the LED's too low........i should have learned my lesson by now after 3 years. It shows me these Gavita's continue to push out a lot of photons, if nothing else. The plants haven't yellowed, they just went lighter green. Otherwise, they remain healthy. I've raised the lights 6 inches across the board, to between 22-24 inches, depending on the height of the individual plants. No reason to over push these at this point. I'll put up some pics on Saturday, at 4 weeks into flowering finished.

This strain puts out an "anise" liquor smell, actually smells just like it. It's slowly getting worse, as i haven't update my Phresh filter this crop.

Those phresh filters should last a few years easily sshz.rc-48 is probably the best you can get..we would have the biggest reservoir of coal in the world so I dunno why they would skimp and change to a lesser product..

Back
Top Bottom