True Confessions of an American Outlaw

Couldn't hurt IMO.
I start the low RH at week 1 of bloom and by the time I see cotton balls, I'm also wanting to see trichs on leaves.

Message received!
So I learned about basic room control and air exchange from old how to grow books and manuals. I think the basic outline was room temps at 75, RH at 50%, and complete air exchange every 5 minutes.
It worked well but not good enough due to the climate I deal with and that's what got me going online and looking at others' grows to better dial in my own grow.
Two things began to stand out from what I saw with growers in Hawaii and Colorado. Hawaiian outdoor grows were super lush and indoor Colorado mountain grows were super frosty.

From there I took the basics of cannabis in that it's really not that special or unique in the fact that it's just a Spring germinating, Summer growing, Fall blooming annual that goes dormant in Winter. Only real unique thing is that it's phototropic and has an incredible zeal to reproduce but at the end of the day it's basic annual gardening like growing pumpkins or something like that.

So I figure take that info on the plant, give it a room that simulates a Hawaiian Summer for veg and a Colorado Rockies Fall for bloom, I'm gonna get very close to what I'm looking for at harvest.
To do that meant going outside the lines of what I thought was mandatory in the old 75*F-50% RH I read in books.
For me, 85*F and 40% was the sweet spot with a gradual decline in temps each week during bloom until ripening. The cooler and drier air toward the end, the better so at harvest I'm wanting low 70s and low 40sRH, high 30sRH during lights on, low to mid 60s temps at lights out.

To achieve that in this location is not ez at all. It's a balancing act bringing in outside air, changing it's temp, and reducing it's RH.
Combine that with the 400+ BTUs of heat produced by lights and the water transpiration of the plants raising RH it becomes something like a circus or ballet.
Ideally I need a cold source of fresh or CO2 laden air, various sized fans blowing at various CFMs from floor to ceiling, speed control on intake and exhaust, and controllers and monitors to keep it all in balance trying to create Hawaiian and Coloradan environment.

Every day brings a new variable especially being outside air dependent. Combine that with the plants size and number of them, every day the room has environmental swings but kept within boundaries set by me and the devices.

Here's a walk thru on my environment right now as it's in Winter grow op mode.
This week is cold and rainy outside. Mid 40s and 80% RH

Here's my fresh air intake. An ACI hepa filter box with a coaxial fan on a speed controller and set using a day night thermostat.
Air that cold only needs to trickle into the room so no need for a powerful inline here. 20-40 CFM is more than enough on the cold intake

View attachment 27681

With the filter box and CFM control, that 44*F 80% RH outside air is transformed to 69*F and 48% RH.
I like to call this free air conditioning.

View attachment 27685

That intake fan is on a day night thermostat so if this air gets too cold it will shut down the intake and let the room warm up

View attachment 27684

Once the cold air is inside it's mixed with heat from the lights, humidity from the plants, and ambient available CO2 provided by people and pets living in this home.

There's a total of five 6" fans, one 8" inline on the lights, dual exhaust at 6" and 4", one 16" wall mount fan, and one 22" ceiling fan mixing up the air in this 10'x10' room.
After the blend I'm right in the wheelhouse of where I want to be at week 4 of flower but I wouldn't mind seeing the RH maybe 3 to 5 points lower.

As these plants begin to slow on water uptake that RH will dip so I'm not gonna fuss with it and try to perfect it.
If it was high 50s or above I'd increase exhaust CFM to tamp it down.

View attachment 27683

After the air is blended there's inner variables at play. Temps and RH, like lighting, has sweet spots within the room and I can tell this by taking temps of the plants, both off leaves and flowers using a laser thermometer and temps will range anywhere from mid 70s to low 80s.

Next, I take those numbers and compare it to what I see the plants doing and that's how I identify the sweet spots in the garden footprint and if my settings are in a good range.
I'm looking for one thing here and that's early frost. If I see fan leaves with resin on them it's telling me my room is performing even with variable flex in environment and at the end if I keep these plants lush and healthy, is gonna be some fine smoke.
I'm getting that so I'm feeling groovy about where this grow is going for me

View attachment 27686

At the end if these plants come anywehre close to specimens like these I'm gonna be very happy. I'll have the potency I'm wanting and a more than acceptable yield from these OG Kush variants and a really nice haul from the larger haze plants in the crop

View attachment 27682

View attachment 27687
It definitely looks like you are balanced and dialed in without a doubt Bandit! Your flowers look amazing!

My room is a 15’x20’ old metal ranch outbuilding. It is well insulated but I only grow in 13’x9’ total with using six 700w LEDs because I refuse to do gymnastics to deal with the maintenance needed throughout each grow.

I have always been told a sealed room is the only way to go for the most part but you definitely have my small brain rethinking everything!

Thank you for sharing!

Yes the dehu will make the ac work because it gives off heat.
If you are having trouble you did not have before think about moving air around more. Take into consideration the way you had things before and now. See if you can figure why it worked before and you are having trouble now.
I don’t think I’m necessarily having trouble however it definitely wasn’t plug the controller in and the old settings were perfect! The old controller settings were keeping the room a little chilly and the Rh a little too high. It’s definitely getting better after some small adjustments but I’m still trying to dial in to where I want the room environment to be. I would like to think the equipment is working a little less but I truly can’t say.

What's good dude? Been busy gotta catch up w everyone

Great to see you back Buddy! How you and the family been doing? I saw your grow and it's looking great as usual!
All's well here...growing and smoking and eating!
Weather has cooled down and feelin' like making a chili...No beans of course!
Growing hydro strawberries with a goal to make strawberry rhubarb pie.
Bred some marijuana and looking forward to new seeds and a hybrid haze cross
Racing is as fun as ever and am looking forward to next season and the new Fords and some young guns in the driver seats
And I upgraded to a new toy!

So yeah...nothing much here and same as always 😋

Hell yeah man I love strawberry rhubarb, my Dad's fav as well. My grandmother was a fantastic cook and made all the pies for holiday gatherings etc since forever. After she passed, I realized at family gatherings that my nobody had picked up the torch and it really bummed me out. So when I went to culinary school I found the baking Chef straight away and told her I needed to master pie making and why. God I loved that course and chef.

Long live pie!

All is well here, been getting my wife nursed back to normal after the accident and getting ready for winter. Nothing too exciting. Will be starting a new grow very soon now that the air is dry. Got pretty tired of dumping out dehumidifier this past summer boly feck..

Last grow I did a high humidity(75%) run through veg and mid humidity(60% - 55%) through flower. This run I'm going to veg at a mid humidity(60%) and start dropping humidity at week 2 of flip to 45% - 50%.

A little update to share...

Everyday and every grow is a learning process. Never stop never stopping.
Lessons learned this grow...Do not for any reason underestimate the need for good trellis support. Do not forget the order in which the trays should be set down. Continue tweaking environment and control, always and forever.

The ah-ha moment of a hack...I can grow sativas side by side next to indicas but the trick with the sativa is take clones and flower them out with no veg time. In the end, I'll have some haze the same size as the hybrids & indicas, 3-5' tall & wide, but it's fucking haze!!!! Variety is always the spice of life 'round here and that haze will be a fine addition to the stash!

IMG_5765.JPG

IMG_5766.JPG

Oh haze where you been all my life!!! Your lemon pepper zest is making me happy young lady! Oh and I see you're all preggo too!

IMG_5767.JPG

The rest are OGs and cookie hybrids

IMG_5770.JPG

diecast Santa came by the hideout!

Josh Williams "Park It" car...

Josh-Williams2.jpg

Zane Smiths COTA win truck with fire damage

smith-fire.jpg

and Bill Elliott's 1987 world record 212MPH Talladega qualifying car, a record that still stands today!

Untitled.jpg

IMG_5771.JPG

Last edited:
My day in gifs.....

Waiting for the new rosin press to ship

waiting.gif

Tropic weather pattern is raising the humidity in my g/room well above 60% but

i-may-have-a-solution-solution.gif

By converting a Phresh carbon filter into a zero heat output dehumidifier

IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5778.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

Me after watching said deheuy take 65% RH air and convert it to 45% at the outlet

giphy.gif

And last night after going thru boxes I had packed away for a remodel done 9 months ago I found the meter that tells me the most important info I wanna know when growing my own pot.....

IMG_5782.JPG

The good ol THC percentage meter!!!

tumblr_f36a84de6a7c7cf5d670f26fb33a4beb_961f6e1a_500.gif

My day in gifs.....

View attachment 28946

View attachment 28947

View attachment 28948

View attachment 28949

View attachment 28950

Me after watching said deheuy take 65% RH air and convert it to 45% at the outlet

View attachment 28952

And last night after going thru boxes I had packed away for a remodel done 9 months ago I found the meter that tells me the most important info I wanna know when growing my own pot.....

View attachment 28951

View attachment 28953
How often do you need to change beeds on the dehu

My day in gifs.....

View attachment 28946

View attachment 28947

View attachment 28948

View attachment 28949

View attachment 28950

View attachment 28952

View attachment 28951

View attachment 28953
Are you using Orbeez to suck up the humidity in the air?

Is that thing accurate?

Within 2-3% of gas chromatography tests done by professional labs

How often do you need to change beeds on the dehu

Not sure yet but they're rechargeable and I'm using 8lbs of the stuff packed in there.
Most passive dehueys like Eva Dry last about a month for me with only a few ounces of beads so 8lbs should give me a good stretch of life and really I only need it when the weather gets tropical otherwise my exhaust does the job well.

When they turn pink then they go in the oven at 250 for 3 hours to recharge and can be reused over and over

Are you using Orbeez to suck up the humidity in the air?

8lbs of Wiseorb silica desiccant in a 4" Phresh body with an old Sunleaves 4" wind tunnel fan

Within 2-3% of gas chromatography tests done by professional labs

Not sure yet but they're rechargeable and I'm using 8lbs of the stuff packed in there.
Most passive dehueys like Eva Dry last about a month for me with only a few ounces of beads so 8lb should give me a good stretch of life and really I only need it when the weather gets tropical otherwise my exhaust does the job well.
When they turn pink then they go in the oven at 250 for 3 hours to recharge and can be reused over and over

8lbs of Wiseorb silica desiccant in a 4" Phresh body with an old Sunleaves 4" wind tunnel fan
If you had to guess how much impact in percentage does the dessicant have on reducing your ambient humidity? I'm wondering if this isn't a good alternative for those that want to drop humidity in the tent those last few weeks but can'tr due to their location and weather.

Was it expensive?

If you had to guess how much impact in percentage does the dessicant have on reducing your ambient humidity? I'm wondering if this isn't a good alternative for those that want to drop humidity in the tent those last few weeks but can'tr due to their location and weather.

Was it expensive?

All of that would be dependent on ambient conditions, plant count, CFM of the fan, how many lbs of silica, and size of room.
I just installed it today so it's not like I have months worth of data on it but what I do know is in about one hour it dropped my RH from 66% down to 55% and it's still dropping.

8lbs of silica was $35 and I can't remember what I paid for the fan or filter because I bought them 12 and 9 years ago

All of that would be dependent on ambient conditions, plant count, CFM of the fan, how many lbs of silica, and size of room.
I just installed it today so it's not like I have months worth of data on it but what I do know is in about one hour it dropped my RH from 66% down to 55% and it's still dropping.

8lbs of silica was $35 and I can't remember what I paid for the fan or filter because I bought them 12 and 9 years ago
SWEET! Might have to try this if the weather doesn't want to cooperate.

those diecasts are really awesome!!!! i didn't know you ordered that park it car!! freakin cool!!! guess it's time to print case #2!!! and you're gonna have briscoes new car and gragsons.. you'll be out of room on the case roof before you know it!!! hehe

i can't wait to get a #10 gragson koosie and a t shirt!!!

that t bird is all kinds of vintage cool though... just out of high school i bought an 84 thunderbird turbo coupe. your diecast reminds me of that car and those great times!! i had a big jim morrison tapestry sewn to the back seat, that car was so cool!!!!

ya know back then it was nothing to see the entire field at dega going into turn one at over 200mph!! it was way to dangerous though, everybody knew it and kind of accepted it back then. the crusty roll at dega back then had to be one of the worst wrecks i ever saw.

man i was wondering what happened to your meter, i thought maybe it broke on you or sold it off or something... awesome to see you still have it!!!

Are these silica beads reusable? I was looking at some after reading y our post and they have rechargeable ones that you cook to recharge. Did you use all 8 lbs? How big is the room you're lowering the humidity? Trying to get a gauge of how much I may need in the 5 x 5.

Most silica beads can be recharged in the oven.
You are just removing the moisture they crave.
Color changing is the full proof way of going low tech with measurable results.

i got one of those eva dry silica deals in my gun cabinet. i dry it out maybe 4-5 times a year and i've had it for more than ten years now. i think they last forever.

DSCN1345.JPG

mine is way too small for a grow space but the principle is sound and it works great!!

Are these silica beads reusable? I was looking at some after reading y our post and they have rechargeable ones that you cook to recharge. Did you use all 8 lbs? How big is the room you're lowering the humidity? Trying to get a gauge of how much I may need in the 5 x 5.

I wasn't sure how much silica would fill the body of the Phresh filter so I bought 8lbs and figured I'd have a lot left over for my DIY freeze dryer. I thought I'd use maybe 2lbs for this but almost all 8lbs fit in the filter body.

Everything with this and I do mean everything is in flux every hour of every day. There is no set parameter when trying to work with these tools and what Mother Nature throws at me in daily environment conditions.
Every room and every tent will have it's own daily variables. Nothing is cookie cutter in ganja farming.

So yesterday it did a great job dropping RH from mid 60s down to mid 50s.
Today is another ball game. Intake RH is at 84% and this thing at full speed with all exhaust helping can only take that 84 down to 66.
Take in mind there's also a hydro strawberry tower and 12 plants of various size and strains transpiring their own water and complicating RH control.
This is how it will go for you and any other grower trying to control what's damn near uncontrollable working around Mother Nature.

All you can do is set it and make adjustments every day and sometimes several times a day.

Today your plants are small and there's only a few so maybe today it's ez to control. But tomorrow they'll be larger and the weather will change throwing off all settings you did the previous day. It's constant adjustment.
I hope this all makes sense but the one thing to always consider is every day there will be variables and results will always vary. And IMO it's always better to go bigger when control like this is needed.

If I was managing your tent I'd want 3-8lbs, more the better because you can always shut it off or put in on a RH sensor if it's working too good and I'd use a fan with no less than 300 CFM because the filter will squash that down to around 100cfm

Most silica beads can be recharged in the oven.
You are just removing the moisture they crave.
Color changing is the full proof way of going low tech with measurable results.

Spot on!🩲

those diecasts are really awesome!!!! i didn't know you ordered that park it car!! freakin cool!!! guess it's time to print case #2!!! and you're gonna have briscoes new car and gragsons.. you'll be out of room on the case roof before you know it!!! hehe

i can't wait to get a #10 gragson koosie and a t shirt!!!

that t bird is all kinds of vintage cool though... just out of high school i bought an 84 thunderbird turbo coupe. your diecast reminds me of that car and those great times!! i had a big jim morrison tapestry sewn to the back seat, that car was so cool!!!!

ya know back then it was nothing to see the entire field at dega going into turn one at over 200mph!! it was way to dangerous though, everybody knew it and kind of accepted it back then. the crusty roll at dega back then had to be one of the worst wrecks i ever saw.

man i was wondering what happened to your meter, i thought maybe it broke on you or sold it off or something... awesome to see you still have it!!!

Man what a crazy wreck that was!!!
So I've got a plan I'm doing right now with the diecasts and 3D printer. It's not done yet but here's a preview...

IMG_5788.JPG

Wait 'till you see the music video when it's all done!😜

Man IDK WTH happened with me losing my potency meter!
All I remember was I was gonna do a test about 9 months ago but needed to charge it. It was in the game room/wife's office and at the same time I had to do some work on the room to make it more of an office for my wife. I put it in a box for safe keeping and that box got packed with other boxes of stuff I took out for the remodel. When I went to look for it I couldn't find it. Looked hi and low and gave up thinking I did something stupid.
Then a few nights ago I'm going thru the boxes and decluttering closets and shit in the grow room and boom! Found it! I musta checked the box it was in 6 times and never found it then all a sudden there it is!🥳

Had some issues today trying to get it going and wasn't sure if it was the firmware or what. It is an OG device from when they were just a start up company and if there's one thing about tech start ups, there's always glitches.
Got it figured out as it had to do with my ipad and it's old bluetooth not syncing with the new firmware so I put the app on my iphone and it did all the updates and even loaded the new moisture pack!
Now if only the concentrate tests would come out I'd be super happy. They were due out two years ago but are still in beta testing so who knows when that will happen.

But anyways, I am back in business!!!!🥳

Here's my first test sample in well over a year or more!

IMG_5783.JPG

And here's the results!!

IMG_5787.JPG

So this was my first ever test that included the moisture test pack. At first I thought big deal I just wanna know THC and CBD but this is such a cool way to gauge what's going on in the cure!
I shoulda included cure tech & time in the note but it's definitely telling me the Grove bags in the fridge are doing a great job!
The wild thing about that is I took these flowers to almost bone dry and let the bag bring up the moisture and work as it should. 12% is pretty good but I can dry them even more and maybe get that 12% down in the 9% range. 12% is a slow burn without much concern of it getting moldy but around 9-10% will still get a decent slow burn and be well under the 15% max before it crosses into mold contamination zones.

Last edited:
i got one of those eva dry silica deals in my gun cabinet. i dry it out maybe 4-5 times a year and i've had it for more than ten years now. i think they last forever.

View attachment 29091

mine is way too small for a grow space but the principle is sound and it works great!!
As I was looking through some of the silica brands I noticed they have those gun safe dehu's and I thought it would alternatively work for me as I have a few spots around the house that tend to get a little musty so a few of these around those spots should help.

I want to try this when I get to those last few weeks of flower where I need to push down humidity into the 40's. My dehu can only get it down to around 45* if everything lines up with the weather outside.

I wasn't sure how much silica would fill the body of the Phresh filter so I bought 8lbs and figured I'd have a lot left over for my DIY freeze dryer. I thought I'd use maybe 2lbs for this but almost all 8lbs fit in the filter body.

Everything with this and I do mean everything is in flux every hour of every day. There is no set parameter when trying to work with these tools and what Mother Nature throws at me in daily environment conditions.
Every room and every tent will have it's own daily variables. Nothing is cookie cutter in ganja farming.

So yesterday it did a great job dropping RH from mid 60s down to mid 50s.
Today is another ball game. Intake RH is at 84% and this thing at full speed with all exhaust helping can only take that 84 down to 66.
Take in mind there's also a hydro strawberry tower and 12 plants of various size and strains transpiring their own water and complicating RH control.
This is how it will go for you and any other grower trying to control what's damn near uncontrollable working around Mother Nature.

All you can do is set it and make adjustments every day and sometimes several times a day.

Today your plants are small and there's only a few so maybe today it's ez to control. But tomorrow they'll be larger and the weather will change throwing off all settings you did the previous day. It's constant adjustment.
I hope this all makes sense but the one thing to always consider is every day there will be variables and results will always vary. And IMO it's always better to go bigger when control like this is needed.

If I was managing your tent I'd want 3-8lbs, more the better because you can always shut it off or put in on a RH sensor if it's working too good and I'd use a fan with no less than 300 CFM because the filter will squash that down to around 100cfm

Spot on!🩲

Man what a crazy wreck that was!!!
So I've got a plan I'm doing right now with the diecasts and 3D printer. It's not done yet but here's a preview...

View attachment 29096

Wait 'till you see the music video when it's all done!😜

Man IDK WTH happened with me losing my potency meter!
All I remember was I was gonna do a test about 9 months ago but needed to charge it. It was in the game room/wife's office and at the same time I had to do some work on the room to make it more of an office for my wife. I put it in a box for safe keeping and that box got packed with other boxes of stuff I took out for the remodel. When I went to look for it I couldn't find it. Looked hi and low and gave up thinking I did something stupid.
Then a few nights ago I'm going thru the boxes and decluttering closets and shit in the grow room and boom! Found it! I musta checked the box it was in 6 times and never found it then all a sudden there it is!🥳

Had some issues today trying to get it going and wasn't sure if it was the firmware or what. It is an OG device from when they were just a start up company and if there's one thing about tech start ups, there's always glitches.
Got it figured out as it had to do with my ipad and it's old bluetooth not syncing with the new firmware so I put the app on my iphone and it did all the updates and even loaded the new moisture pack!
Now if only the concentrate tests would come out I'd be super happy. They were due out two years ago but are still in beta testing so who knows when that will happen.

But anyways, I am back in business!!!!🥳

Here's my first test sample in well over a year or more!

View attachment 29093

And here's the results!!

View attachment 29095

So this was my first ever test that included the moisture test pack. At first I thought big deal I just wanna know THC and CBD but this is such a cool way to gauge what's going on in the cure!
I shoulda included cure tech & time in the note but it's definitely telling me the Grove bags in the fridge are doing a great job!
The wild thing about that is I took these flowers to almost bone dry and let the bag bring up the moisture and work as it should. 12% is pretty good but I can dry them even more and maybe get that 12% down in the 9% range. 12% is a slow burn without much concern of it getting moldy but around 9-10% will still get a decent slow burn and be well under the 15% max before it crosses into mold contamination zones.

oh man that's starting to look like dale jr's yard of wreckers!!!!! champions in the front yard and wrecked in the back!! only you got upper decker wreckers!!!! :D

that moisture content is pimp... that could really help fine tune the long storage cure!!

As I was looking through some of the silica brands I noticed they have those gun safe dehu's and I thought it would alternatively work for me as I have a few spots around the house that tend to get a little musty so a few of these around those spots should help.

I want to try this when I get to those last few weeks of flower where I need to push down humidity into the 40's. My dehu can only get it down to around 45* if everything lines up with the weather outside.

i think it's way doable for ya. even on a bad day bandit is getting almost 20% reduction with it... i think it could help supplement your dehumidifier the way you want. just overkill it like bandit said.. better to have more and not need it! you don't want to have to recharge it mid grow, make it big enough so you only need to recharge after each grow cycle if you can.

I considered those too and have used them in my drying tent in the past.
I was looking at 6 pack options to hang down in the canopy. Like one Eva Dry per plant.
After this grow my device will be in the canopy somehow, possibly even hanging from the big light or with the use of flat duct, crawl up the wall and also hook into my big cool down fan to blow dehumidified air thru the canopy.
What I've done now is only the beginning but now that I know it will work, all sorts of ideas are in play.

oh man that's starting to look like dale jr's yard of wreckers!!!!! champions in the front yard and wrecked in the back!! only you got upper decker wreckers!!!! :D

that moisture content is pimp... that could really help fine tune the long storage cure!!

i think it's way doable for ya. even on a bad day bandit is getting almost 20% reduction with it... i think it could help supplement your dehumidifier the way you want. just overkill it like bandit said.. better to have more and not need it! you don't want to have to recharge it mid grow, make it big enough so you only need to recharge after each grow cycle if you can.

Yep I'm thinking Checkers on the lifts, Wreckers on the floor.😋
I tried using filament that matches car color but then went with transparent and like how it glows with the lights so all cars will be on transparent lifts even though it's not really transparent lol.
Eventually another case will be needed though. Probably gonna do a Larson only case since when I get those preorders I'll then have 3 Larson cars.

So I've been trying to get good pics of this crop and one plant in particular that might be my fave when it's all done.
I hate being in this room with the lights on because of the Spectramax. I should probably dim it or something when I'm in there or wear shades because I pretty much cant look up while in there and it makes it very hard to get pics.

I went in with my iphone and flash and tried to shoot her but IDK if it looks very good. All the other pics don't look good at all in the dark.
She's in the back and hung by yoyos.
She's a GPS Oreoz S1 and this girl is covered in frosty snow and plumping up like a cow!
Ghost Train Haze has me captivated by her black pepper and lemon aroma but this Oreoz is as sticky and sexy as it gets! The bright white plant photobombing in the foreground is a frozen custard.

I only dropped 2 Oreoz seeds but I think she's made the cut for the next grow and I'll order more pack the next time she up for auction

IMG_0516.JPG

Uggh. Canopy management needs a ton of work next grow so I'm going back to screen trellis. Good thing though is there's a shit load of bud in here!

IMG_0515.JPG

Primus diecast disco 😋

View attachment IMG_5790.MOV

Cold front moved in today and that means it's chili season Y'all!:giggle:
Meat Santa made his delivery so I can start the process Friday morning

IMG_5791.JPG

Haven't seen these around since before 'rona hit. Cap steaks FTW!!!

IMG_5795.JPG

I'm like a carnivorous squirrel stocking up my freezer for the Winter with the essentials. Tons of garlic, cap steaks, short ribs, and a whole tenderloin divided up into fillets, a roast for a Wellington, and 1lb of point for the chili

IMG_5798.JPG

Cajun Santa made a stop too!!! Ayyyeee!!!

IMG_5793.JPG

Primus diecast disco 😋

View attachment 29297

Cold front moved in today and that means it's chili season Y'all!:giggle:
Meat Santa made his delivery so I can start the process Friday morning

View attachment 29298

Haven't seen these around since before 'rona hit. Cap steaks FTW!!!

View attachment 29300

I'm like a carnivorous squirrel stocking up my freezer for the Winter with the essentials. Tons of garlic, cap steaks, short ribs, and a whole tenderloin divided up into fillets, a roast for a Wellington, and 1lb of point for the chili

View attachment 29301

Cajun Santa made a stop too!!! Ayyyeee!!!

View attachment 29299
Let me know when that welly is done 😋😍
Such an amazing beef dish, its incredibly delicious.

Let me know when that welly is done 😋😍
Such an amazing beef dish, its incredibly delicious.

I do a mean one every year around Xmas or New Years

10816939.jpeg

10816938.jpeg

This is the recipe I use but I go a little heavy, about 1/3 more than called for, on the duxelle blend and prosciutto for xtra richness.
It will knock the sox off anybody with both presentation and flavor.
My football friends have trouble with assembly but I think my skills in rolling joints and blunts give me an advantage so I can nail it 😋

I do a mean one every year around Xmas or New Years

View attachment 29328

View attachment 29327

This is the recipe I use but I go a little heavy, about 1/3 more than called for, on the duxelle blend and prosciutto for xtra richness.
It will knock the sox off anybody with both presentation and flavor.
My football friends have trouble with assembly but I think my skills in rolling joints and blunts give me an advantage so I can nail it 😋

I like them medium rare, but closer to the rare side.
But then again all my beef is rare/medium rare.

Ive never made one but maybe i should try real soon. 🤔
Its usually what i get when my wife and i go out for our anniversary dinner.

I can roll blunts/joints like im a machine so maybe assembly wont be an issue for me lol.

I like them medium rare, but closer to the rare side.
But then again all my beef is rare/medium rare.

Ive never made one but maybe i should try real soon. 🤔
Its usually what i get when my wife and i go out for our anniversary dinner.

I can roll blunts/joints like im a machine so maybe assembly wont be an issue for me lol.

My target temp on things like that and steaks is 135. Too red and my wife won't touch it and too brown I'll consider it wasted $ & effort so 135, pink, and semi clear juice is a good compromise.

It's not hard to make there's just a ton of steps to the process and in between the steps of the sear and cooking the duxelle which has to be done just right there's chill time in the fridge and it chills again before going in the oven. I usually chill it overnight and get better results than just a few hours of chill before baking. I think when people try to rush it is where they have problems..
The puff pastry sheets can be a little hard to find too. Most people buy in tart & pie shells so stores carry that more than anything so I end up making a special trip to Whole Foods just for the puff pastry sheets
:
:
:
Put on some polarized shades and shot some pics!

IMG_5799.JPG

IMG_5803.JPG

IMG_5801.JPG

IMG_5805.JPG

The haze won't win any beauty contests but my Lawd she smells insane! It's a lemon pepper terp profile but getting heavier on the black pepper by the day. Of all the rotten skunk sweet dead animal smells coming from this crop that black pepper aroma is the loudest.
IDK what the offspring between the haze and TxB will be like or which parent they'll lean toward but I can't wait to find out!

IMG_5804.JPG

I'm thinking about adding a second vertical hydro tower on wheels and grow herbs like cilantro, chives, and thyme.

IMG_5800.JPG

@Bandit420 - You ever watch a Youtube channel called Guga Foods? That guy makes some amazing steaks and does some crazy experiments with steak like dry aging for a year, etc. His side dishes are the bomb!!!

My target temp on things like that and steaks is 135. Too red and my wife won't touch it and too brown I'll consider it wasted $ & effort so 135, pink, and semi clear juice is a good compromise.
My wife wont eat beef unless its well done and that to me is a complete waste of beef!! Plus she doesnt even really like beef to begin with so i really just get what i want and make ot exactly as i want.

I wont even cook venison for her anymore because she wants it well done and you just can NOT cook venison to anything over medium rare or its like chewing leather and tastes horrible.

R2 says...

awesome updates brother!!!

all that meat!!!!! you're stocking up for hibernation!!! i know how it is man, our freezers are always stuffed!!! and it's great to hear other folks like their steak rare too... i was starting to think i was the only person left!!! hehehe i have a few friends that will only eat their steaks like shoe leather, even fillets!!! i consider medium to be overcooked.

plants are looking killer as well, you about half way now? that oreoz looks nice, i pissed all my oreoz seeds away so i hope they get more in stock!! they had no reverse auctions this week.. i was starting to get the itch man!! hahaha

it's funny you mentioned cooking herbs because a couple weeks ago i picked up an earthbox junior ( i pronounce it juuune- yur!!) haha
i probably should have bought the plants started but i have ten times more vegetable seeds than i do ganja seeds so i figured i should use some of those. thyme, dill, parsley, and cilantro...

DSCN1351.JPG

texas on texas, wvu at ou!! mich st(coach drama) at penn st... shitty jets at shitty vegas with a fill in coach... maybe some good games this weekend!!! maybe not....

and you made us hungry for pot pie so that's on the menu for tomorrow!!! it's going down in the 20's at night here this weekend so we need a good stick to your bones kind of meal to keep us warm!!!

stay elevated my brother!!

Back
Top Bottom