True Confessions of an American Outlaw

man that thing is all kinds of sexy!!!!

thats a big size difference, what size plates did you have and what are your new size?

kinda shitty about the metal plate, i thought the mag holders were their jam, and to not make it standard like they're not making enough money without it... just kinda weird, they don't seem the type.

but hey, if you want a really cool custom plate. i have a plasma cutter and could make you something pimp...

man that thing is all kinds of sexy!!!!

thats a big size difference, what size plates did you have and what are your new size?

kinda shitty about the metal plate, i thought the mag holders were their jam, and to not make it standard like they're not making enough money without it... just kinda weird, they don't seem the type.

but hey, if you want a really cool custom plate. i have a plasma cutter and could make you something pimp...

Dude I will totally take you up on that offer!! Hells yeah!!
Yeah the front not being magnetic but the top is was just a WTF moment. Then I look on their site and they sell it as an accessory. It was standard on my old press and for $35 and not being anything special just felt shitty.
Luckily the magnetic hooks I like to use for all sorts of things come with this little plate to keep them tidy so I used one of those bending it to fit and used another magnet to hold it in place. Kinda ghetto but it works

IMG_5892.JPG

IMG_5901.JPG

My old plates were 2"x4" and these are 4"x6". I can do two bags at one time of the old size now and that's nice so I'll still be able to use them without feeling like I'm wasting time with the small bags.

I ended up using a small bag cut down to size for the kief since my puck press was too big for that little amount of kief.
Got a nice little run of sticky crumble of that one

IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_5891.JPG

I did a run with material PSI at 900 and it worked great with a huge yield so now it's time to max out at 1000 and push the limit

IMG_5898.JPG

I went as low as 180 on temps with a 420 second countdown and am getting very close to dialed in on those two points as well.

Here's a video of me riding that jack handle keeping it in the 900 range and you can also see the conversion of available PSI before blowing and actual PSI of the hydraulic fluid in the jack. This is where it's really cool because it takes all the algebra work on scratch paper and does it for me

View attachment IMG_5896.MOV

After it's all said and done out of the box I pulled a 46% return off the first oz I processed hauling in 13 grams. I'm thinking when I get really dialed in that can easily be over 50% and maybe get up to 60% return

IMG_5908.JPG

It's all the same strain but different temps and times give different results and then the kief run added in too for a different texture

IMG_5910.JPG

Dude I will totally take you up on that offer!! Hells yeah!!
Yeah the front not being magnetic but the top is was just a WTF moment. Then I look on their site and they sell it as an accessory. It was standard on my old press and for $35 and not being anything special just felt shitty.
Luckily the magnetic hooks I like to use for all sorts of things come with this little plate to keep them tidy so I used one of those bending it to fit and used another magnet to hold it in place. Kinda ghetto but it works

View attachment 30672

View attachment 30675

My old plates were 2"x4" and these are 4"x6". I can do two bags at one time of the old size now and that's nice so I'll still be able to use them without feeling like I'm wasting time with the small bags.

I ended up using a small bag cut down to size for the kief since my puck press was too big for that little amount of kief.
Got a nice little run of sticky crumble of that one

View attachment 30670

View attachment 30671

I did a run with material PSI at 900 and it worked great with a huge yield so now it's time to max out at 1000 and push the limit

View attachment 30674

I went as low as 180 on temps with a 420 second countdown and am getting very close to dialed in on those two points as well.

Here's a video of me riding that jack handle keeping it in the 900 range and you can also see the conversion of available PSI before blowing and actual PSI of the hydraulic fluid in the jack. This is where it's really cool because it takes all the algebra work on scratch paper and does it for me

View attachment 30673

After it's all said and done out of the box I pulled a 46% return off the first oz I processed hauling in 13 grams. I'm thinking when I get really dialed in that can easily be over 50% and maybe get up to 60% return

View attachment 30676

It's all the same strain but different temps and times give different results and then the kief run added in too for a different texture

View attachment 30677
Brother man, that shit looks beautiful 😍 🤩 👌🏼
Keep on squishin!

Huge returns~!
I like 180 for over 3 minutes.
I jam 3/4 of an ounce in 14g bag and don't have to cut it, just fold bottom corners.
Almost bought a tumbler after watch yours [2010~! :p].
I don't know if I could bring myself to press it.
After I screen" I just put that shit on everything~!"
The press rocks. Love that I can always trade up if lost all control.:oops:

i'll never forget my first screened grinder and the introduction to kief... it changed my life forever!!!! 🤩

TWO bags?!!?!? NICE!!!!!!

i never pressed tumble without a bag before... i sure am now!!!! a buddy of mine always mixes two kinds to get that look, wait till i show him this!!

That machine is awesome! I just started playing with my XP. I was shocked to find the front plate wasn’t magnetic on the XP too! The fast majority of my recent harvest will be squished. Half will be fresh frozen bubble and the other half dried flower. I really dig the rosin.

Brother man, that shit looks beautiful 😍 🤩 👌🏼
Keep on squishin!

Many thanks brother!!! 🩲🩲🩲🩲
Huge returns~!
I like 180 for over 3 minutes.
I jam 3/4 of an ounce in 14g bag and don't have to cut it, just fold bottom corners.
Almost bought a tumbler after watch yours [2010~! :p].
I don't know if I could bring myself to press it.
After I screen" I just put that shit on everything~!"
The press rocks. Love that I can always trade up if lost all control.:oops:

I always press my kief but usually do it Frenchy Cannoli style. But now with these big ass plates I can set the temp kinda low and do it way easier than using a bottle filled with hot water.
Best of luck with that new tumbler!!!

i'll never forget my first screened grinder and the introduction to kief... it changed my life forever!!!! 🤩

TWO bags?!!?!? NICE!!!!!!

i never pressed tumble without a bag before... i sure am now!!!! a buddy of mine always mixes two kinds to get that look, wait till i show him this!!

Those grinders are super cool!
I haven't done the double bag yet but will soon. I'm loving these 14 gram jobbers right now!

That machine is awesome! I just started playing with my XP. I was shocked to find the front plate wasn’t magnetic on the XP too! The fast majority of my recent harvest will be squished. Half will be fresh frozen bubble and the other half dried flower. I really dig the rosin.

That's something else not making the front magnetic.
I'm really finding my groove with this press now and yep hopefully soon I'll have grown so much entire harvests will be squished now that I feel like I can get the most return.

:
:
:
I'm doing a cannagar run today....

The weed

IMG_5932.JPG

For the oils I did a larfy tumble and couple larf squishes

IMG_5938.JPG

IMG_5943.JPG

IMG_5947.JPG

I ordered a nifty little paper slicer so now I can slice paper to a perfect fit on the press

IMG_5939.JPG

The cannagar mold is loaded with about 10 grams of flower and letting it cure to shape overnight.
For the hole I've replaced the wood toothpick style rods with a 2mm titanium rod

IMG_5945.JPG

After it comes out of the mold it will be smothered in rosin oil, rolled in kief, wrapped with a hemp leaf, then tied up with hemp wick and left to cure and firm up

In other news...harvest is getting close and those colors are making their way thru the canopy!

IMG_5933.JPG

OT: One last ride on the home field this year!

Last edited:
Heating plate lights has me all 😍

View attachment 30630

One negative...the front is not magnetic so they offer a separate plate to bolt on the top front for $35. Pretty fucked up to do that considering it's a $2K press. Shoulda come with the plate. I have other pieces of metal I'll use instead of buying that part

1oz nug run, tumbling it first
Before the tumble

View attachment 30627

I use a DC power supply to change the voltage which changes the speed of the tumbler. This was a 6v, 30 minute tumble

View attachment 30628

After tumbling

View attachment 30631

Old max bag size vs new max bag size

View attachment 30629

Old blast print vs new blast print

View attachment 30634

View attachment 30633

View attachment 30635

View attachment 30636

Rocking a new cold plate from Dulytek😎

View attachment 30637

The extraction brain is just way cool. I like using the custom setting screen and punching in true dimensions of a loaded bag. It automatically calculates surface area of the bag and proper pressure and I basically ride the jack handle keeping it in range.
The best way to describe this is like driving a stick by almost redlining the tach then shifting up thru the gears so you don't blow the motor or in this case, blow the bag or paper and get as much yield as possible.
This has totally changed how I press in how hard and how fast I bring the hammer down to max pressure. It's very ez to just blow by the proper pressure but this thing helps to not do that by riding that pressure gauge.
Next is to find the absolute max pressure. This was done at 800 on the plates but I think I can probably go closer to 900. I'd bring it up to get the yellow caution at 850 and let it roll down to around 810 and bring more pressure until at 850 again and it slows rolling back down again. Much like microwave popcorn where yeah there's a time setting but you mostly listen for the popping to slow and then stop

View attachment 30632

Next up for today...finish up the nug run and see what I have in the tumbler's collection drawer!
Nice setup ! Jealous for sure !

Hook Em! SSgrower

How about them Horns!!! 11-1 on the regular season!! 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘
Nice setup ! Jealous for sure !

Thanks Mosh! This new press is making me very happy! Took 4 times buying presses to finally find my spirit animal press but I found it!

Caught up here ! Love ur thread bandit ! Always good shit in here - priority,s in order ! Good food , good smoke , good women

Right on buddy!
Something tells me you'll really like this one.....Cannagar!!!

Ingredients here. I used a purple rose supply cannagar mold. They come with wooden skewers for the hole but I got some 2mm titanium rods for that job.
About 7-8 grams is jam packed as hard possible in the mold for about a 30 hours set time

IMG_5949.JPG

candy cane style rosin wrap then rolled and warmed by friction to get it like this so the rosin and weed are one

IMG_5951.JPG

rolled in 70 micron loose kief

IMG_5954.JPG

wrapped with a hemp leaf from Native then tied off with waxed hemp wick and will let it cure.
The hemp leaf is a spendy option here to make it 100% all natural, solventless, and organic but another just as almost good option would be Raw Blacks for a lot less.

I'll let it cure until next saturday then I'll pull the rod and add a wood cigar tip

IMG_5956.JPG

Dang man couple puffs of that you'll probably see into the future lol

Might have to rename it The Weekender. 🫠
1st one I made had a 6 hour total burn time and lasted two days taking about ten puffs at time. They burn slow and very potent.
Also kinda has a Cheech and Chong incense like effect in a small room. Can feel like being inside a Volcano vapor bag.😵‍💫
Making at least three more thru the next week and also trying to do a low temp rolling roast on top of my heat press so the wax melts into the 'gar getting closer to being a modern style Thai Stick than a cigar.
And since there's a lot of pretty purple leaves in my current crop I need to figure out how to make them into wraps.
May also need to start thinking about keeping a humidor or vacuum sealing. I have a feeling the longer these age in the right conditions the better they'll get.

Just some random musings after I broke in this little dabtastic piece tonight

View attachment IMG_5965.MOV

Might have to rename it The Weekender. 🫠
1st one I made had a 6 hour total burn time and lasted two days taking about ten puffs at time. They burn slow and very potent.
Also kinda has a Cheech and Chong incense like effect in a small room. Can feel like being inside a Volcano vapor bag.😵‍💫
Making at least three more thru the next week and also trying to do a low temp rolling roast on top of my heat press so the wax melts into the 'gar getting closer to being a modern style Thai Stick than a cigar.
And since there's a lot of pretty purple leaves in my current crop I need to figure out how to make them into wraps.
May also need to start thinking about keeping a humidor or vacuum sealing. I have a feeling the longer these age in the right conditions the better they'll get.

Just some random musings after I broke in this little dabtastic piece tonight

View attachment 31363
Gonna have to try those ! Molds are cheap

Gonna have to try those ! Molds are cheap

I have a que of projects on the 3D printer right now but I'm pretty sure I can design and print cannagar molds too 😋
:
:
:
So I was up almost all night playing with the new Peak Pro. It is one mean motor scooter for sure and easily the best dab experience I've ever had. Not even close with the Pulsar ROK vs Peak Pro. Not. Even. Close.

A few years ago my wife and I changed how we live with the passing of parents, distant family that rarely visits and no kids etc. Along with no more 4 door cars or SUVs and going with a two seater truck we kinda transformed our home into a two seater as well changing spare rooms into the full time grow room and another room transformed into a mini gym and sauna with no plans for visitors staying and if they do come down we'll put them up in a hotel.
Another change we made was no more dining room table. We donated it and in it's place, put in a free standing bar complete with stools and margarita machine.
I've slowly but surely been taking over the bar space for weed stuffs and it's where I run my sous vide. The rosin press is up there now as well as a bong.
Now that I have the Peak and all it's fancy light shows my wife wants it out and on display. She has a thing for LED strip lights and the light shows they do and is why I made the diecast garage with a light show so she's loving the look of the Peak.

Going back to last Summer in Vegas I was introduced to the phrase "dab bar" and have been wanting a dab bar ever since. A bar where you belly up to it and instead of having a drink, you hit a dab rig or bong.
I think this is the time I can convince my wife that our liquor bar should now be a dab bar with the Peak as the center piece and two more bongs out of storage and on display.
It's funny because this is where I have to tread very carefully and gently sow seeds of change. She doesn't care how much money I spend or what I spend it on but making a major change to the house like this takes some sweet talk lovin' and I gotta make sure it's for both of us and not just me.

Those changes I mentioned above did not come ez or with haste. It all took convincing that a traditional home layout and transportation were not for us and she had to see for herself that it was an improvement.

I think the Peak with it's light show is gonna help in those regards. And of course some fresh brewed coffee, breakfast in bed, and not waking her so she can sleep in till 3pm if she wants and maybe do a few chores she usually does might help too.
So wish me luck Y'all! I'm going all in and gonna try to have an official dab bar by the end of the day and my wife be cool with it! 😋

Last edited:
I wish my wife smoked with me~!
Besides that me and you are the same.
4 out of 5 of my vehicles have 2 seats. Our son is an adult and long gone with a real life. (y)
Your suggestive sell qualities are strong. Who doesn't love the die cast garage. Excellent pre planning.
That being said a complete switch from bar bar to dab bar in one day is in someone else mind may be hard to achieve and a huge burden.
I like the chores thing. Did the dishes and vacuumed here today[ and you know why~! :oops: ].:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p
But maybe make smaller more subtle changes in prep to the switch.
I plan shit out and the long road don't matter to me if I get where I want~!

You're a rock star for many of us~! :cool:
First in on the cannagar mold you make [I see a pattern].

After lookin I’m gonna make a mold tomorrow at work - nylon or aluminum? Mmm
Question , do you use the same rosin as flower and keif so they are all one strain ? Or 3 different for a good blend ? Mayb even multiple flower ?

Not even close with the Pulsar ROK vs Peak Pro. Not. Even. Close.

be careful you don't turn into a pot snob!!!! :LOL:

man i didn't know they added more lights to the new model!!! dear santa.... :ROFLMAO:

good luck getting your dab bar bro!!! i think it would be a small victory for all men here if you got your way!!!!! just the other week i got scolded for moving the napkins in the pantry, there's no way i'm asking for a dab bar!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

bro i know you posted it probably a few times now but is this the mold you use for the cannagar?

i'd like to make a few for xmas gifts, do you think that the mold part and tamper could be printed? think it would be strong enough?

i think i have everything else on hand.. i'll use a kitchen skewer for the rods, and i have thousands of feet of hemp wick left over from those days, got bud, got a press, got a tumbler.. better yet it's frozen here right now in the 20's at night, perfect for tumblin!!

and somehow i'd like to incorporate some sugar diamonds in the mix as well. maybe just mixed right in with the herb and packed in with the mold? that would work you think?

i guessed at all the dimensions but i think it might work!! printing out a latch and ram rod now. turns out the holes and posts i put in were unnecessary and a pre thought when i was making it, i'm gonna delete them out for the next one.

DSCN1387.JPG

I wish my wife smoked with me~!
Besides that me and you are the same.
4 out of 5 of my vehicles have 2 seats. Our son is an adult and long gone with a real life. (y)
Your suggestive sell qualities are strong. Who doesn't love the die cast garage. Excellent pre planning.
That being said a complete switch from bar bar to dab bar in one day is in someone else mind may be hard to achieve and a huge burden.
I like the chores thing. Did the dishes and vacuumed here today[ and you know why~! :oops: ].:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p
But maybe make smaller more subtle changes in prep to the switch.
I plan shit out and the long road don't matter to me if I get where I want~!

You're a rock star for many of us~! :cool:
First in on the cannagar mold you make [I see a pattern].

The plan worked to perfection!
Funny thing though, when I went for the kill shot and straight up said dab bar and all things weed she replied, "IDK why you didn't just do that from the beginning"🤦‍♂️

So yep...guess who has a dab bar now??!!

this-guy-3.gif

After lookin I’m gonna make a mold tomorrow at work - nylon or aluminum? Mmm
Question , do you use the same rosin as flower and keif so they are all one strain ? Or 3 different for a good blend ? Mayb even multiple flower ?

Variety is the spice of life!
I'd go with aluminum and as far as what you put in, it's all up to your imagination! I've seen some wild creations on ingredients, colors of weed used, and different wraps like rose petals and banana tree leaves!

Here's just one example

291596755_1036773053621891_2469328951432449024_n.jpg

be careful you don't turn into a pot snob!!!! :LOL:

man i didn't know they added more lights to the new model!!! dear santa.... :ROFLMAO:

good luck getting your dab bar bro!!! i think it would be a small victory for all men here if you got your way!!!!! just the other week i got scolded for moving the napkins in the pantry, there's no way i'm asking for a dab bar!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

bro i know you posted it probably a few times now but is this the mold you use for the cannagar?

i'd like to make a few for xmas gifts, do you think that the mold part and tamper could be printed? think it would be strong enough?

i think i have everything else on hand.. i'll use a kitchen skewer for the rods, and i have thousands of feet of hemp wick left over from those days, got bud, got a press, got a tumbler.. better yet it's frozen here right now in the 20's at night, perfect for tumblin!!

and somehow i'd like to incorporate some sugar diamonds in the mix as well. maybe just mixed right in with the herb and packed in with the mold? that would work you think?

i guessed at all the dimensions but i think it might work!! printing out a latch and ram rod now. turns out the holes and posts i put in were unnecessary and a pre thought when i was making it, i'm gonna delete them out for the next one.

View attachment 31435

Nailing it!
Yep that's the mold I have...well one of them. I have the 3.5 and the 7. PRS is having a sale so that large one is discounted to $39 on their site.

You'll need some cigar tips and those will give you a good diameter size to base the size of your mold. Cigar tips at around 13mm inside diameter will give you a nice blunt size cannagar.

On the 3D print version I'm not sure if the hinges will hold up due to the force used to press. You gotta give it hell on the press so it stays compacted and does not break a part when you pop it from the mold. Also, the harder it's pressed, the slower the burn so you want some power on the press.

I might be inclined to use the two halves of the mold and rather than hinges, the mold fits into a sleeve that holds them together and allows you to go full strength on the press.

If I was printing the mold to have a 13mm diameter cigar inside, I'd at least double it's size to be a 25mm-30mm block printed at 100% density and then the sleeve box it fits into would also be thick and 100% density.

On the ramrod I might choose to go with a wood dowel for more strength

There's also the sticky factor and it's a PITA. I'm seriously considering cutting strips of parchment paper to line my molds and definitely start using a disk of parchment between the ramrod and weed. I might have to glue it to the rod though since it will have a hole in the middle for the skewer and needs to come back up every time it pushes the weed down in the chamber.
Due to the way 3D printing has those layers I could almost guarantee parchment will be needed so the weed doesn't bind to the mold

You can certainly mix diamonds in with the herb! Most people press the weed then add the concentrate between the weed and wrap but really anything will fly as long as it stays together and can be rolled.
After I harvest I plan to make some with every type of weed I have along with runny oil, wax, pressed and unpressed kief

Good luck with it brother! When I finish up my seed sorter print project I'll start on molds too. Maybe do something insane like a 1oz cannagar with like 10 grams of wax in it and have to use like 20 skins to wrap it. Fucking planet eater cannagar!!! might take a whole month to burn it down!!

The plan worked to perfection!
Funny thing though, when I went for the kill shot and straight up said dab bar and all things weed she replied, "IDK why you didn't just do that from the beginning"🤦‍♂️

So yep...guess who has a dab bar now??!!

View attachment 31473

Variety is the spice of life!
I'd go with aluminum and as far as what you put in, it's all up to your imagination! I've seen some wild creations on ingredients, colors of weed used, and different wraps like rose petals and banana tree leaves!

Here's just one example

View attachment 31474

Nailing it!
Yep that's the mold I have...well one of them. I have the 3.5 and the 7. PRS is having a sale so that large one is discounted to $39 on their site.

You'll need some cigar tips and those will give you a good diameter size to base the size of your mold. Cigar tips at around 13mm inside diameter will give you a nice blunt size cannagar.

On the 3D print version I'm not sure if the hinges will hold up due to the force used to press. You gotta give it hell on the press so it stays compacted and does not break a part when you pop it from the mold. Also, the harder it's pressed, the slower the burn so you want some power on the press.

I might be inclined to use the two halves of the mold and rather than hinges, the mold fits into a sleeve that holds them together and allows you to go full strength on the press.

If I was printing the mold to have a 13mm diameter cigar inside, I'd at least double it's size to be a 25mm-30mm block printed at 100% density and then the sleeve box it fits into would also be thick and 100% density.

On the ramrod I might choose to go with a wood dowel for more strength

There's also the sticky factor and it's a PITA. I'm seriously considering cutting strips of parchment paper to line my molds and definitely start using a disk of parchment between the ramrod and weed. I might have to glue it to the rod though since it will have a hole in the middle for the skewer and needs to come back up every time it pushes the weed down in the chamber.
Due to the way 3D printing has those layers I could almost guarantee parchment will be needed so the weed doesn't bind to the mold

You can certainly mix diamonds in with the herb! Most people press the weed then add the concentrate between the weed and wrap but really anything will fly as long as it stays together and can be rolled.
After I harvest I plan to make some with every type of weed I have along with runny oil, wax, pressed and unpressed kief

Good luck with it brother! When I finish up my seed sorter print project I'll start on molds too. Maybe do something insane like a 1oz cannagar with like 10 grams of wax in it and have to use like 20 skins to wrap it. Fucking planet eater cannagar!!! might take a whole month to burn it down!!

nice work on your dab bar bro... sounds like your wife might have gotten the better end of that compromise!!! now ya gotta find a new place to sous vide!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

thanks for all that info man those are all very valid points and i was concerned with those same points. so the only dimension i stuck with was your 2mm shaft and kinda eyed the rest up. i ended up being 15mm diameter, the ends taper down to 13 mil and 100mm long. i'm not upset it's big and i'm pretty sure i'm keeping it right where it is. i don't think i'll find a wood tip readily available for it but i think i got a plan for that i just need to finish one and get a diameter.

the overall size of the mold together is 30 x 40 x 125 not including the hinges or latches. my first thought was to make sleeves like you also thought of but then i thought there would be parts to lose and didn't really want that.. it could be a all in one stand/sleeve thing that would be ok i guess.. but so far the hinges and cheesy latch held up fine. i printed it with three layer walls at 20% cubic fill. all of it. seems strong. i put two hands on the ram pushing with at least fifty pounds of pressure without holding the mold and nothing bows or flexes at all. i think i'm just going to try it out the way it is.

i'm gonna print out a few for steamroller and he can test em out too,, if they break, i'll change it and print more!!

so i didn't let it rest long i packed it in and opened it up and took it out ten minutes later, i didn't have the correct size rod on hand so the closest i had was a 1.2 mm aluminum tube so i din't want to keep this particular one. i'm going to bust it up and repack it when i get the 2mm rods on wednesday. but it slid out of the mold pretty ez, i thought it would be brittle and tough to get out but not really. it packed in tight enough that you can see the texture of the inside of the mold!! the mold wasn't that messy, maybe a wipe out with a prep pad and it's good to go.

some pics...

DSCN1393.JPGDSCN1397.JPG

DSCN1394.JPG

i'm not sure i should put sugar in the herb, i think it wouldn't pack as well and maybe not burn even. i'll leave the sugar for mixing in with the kief and roll it in that way for now.

but i gotta say if this thing doesn't shake me being a pot snob nothing will!!! :D

🩲

nice work on your dab bar bro... sounds like your wife might have gotten the better end of that compromise!!! now ya gotta find a new place to sous vide!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

thanks for all that info man those are all very valid points and i was concerned with those same points. so the only dimension i stuck with was your 2mm shaft and kinda eyed the rest up. i ended up being 15mm diameter, the ends taper down to 13 mil and 100mm long. i'm not upset it's big and i'm pretty sure i'm keeping it right where it is. i don't think i'll find a wood tip readily available for it but i think i got a plan for that i just need to finish one and get a diameter.

the overall size of the mold together is 30 x 40 x 125 not including the hinges or latches. my first thought was to make sleeves like you also thought of but then i thought there would be parts to lose and didn't really want that.. it could be a all in one stand/sleeve thing that would be ok i guess.. but so far the hinges and cheesy latch held up fine. i printed it with three layer walls at 20% cubic fill. all of it. seems strong. i put two hands on the ram pushing with at least fifty pounds of pressure without holding the mold and nothing bows or flexes at all. i think i'm just going to try it out the way it is.

i'm gonna print out a few for steamroller and he can test em out too,, if they break, i'll change it and print more!!

so i didn't let it rest long i packed it in and opened it up and took it out ten minutes later, i didn't have the correct size rod on hand so the closest i had was a 1.2 mm aluminum tube so i din't want to keep this particular one. i'm going to bust it up and repack it when i get the 2mm rods on wednesday. but it slid out of the mold pretty ez, i thought it would be brittle and tough to get out but not really. it packed in tight enough that you can see the texture of the inside of the mold!! the mold wasn't that messy, maybe a wipe out with a prep pad and it's good to go.

some pics...

View attachment 31582View attachment 31584

View attachment 31583

i'm not sure i should put sugar in the herb, i think it wouldn't pack as well and maybe not burn even. i'll leave the sugar for mixing in with the kief and roll it in that way for now.

but i gotta say if this thing doesn't shake me being a pot snob nothing will!!! :D

🩲

Dude cannagars are only gonna elevate your pot snobbery!!! 😋

That's wild how you got no stick! I wonder if the short mold time has something to do with that since I let mine sit in there for over a day.
After every press I have to use a stiff toothbrush then an iso wipe to clean it up.
Some people press and smoke right away with no set time.
I tried to use a parchment sleeve but it was a fail.
I'm also working with heat to see how that might work as well.

I use my small mold more than the big. It's designed for 3.5 but my final weight is always around 7-8 grams, oil included. I've never weighed the weed first but I'd bet it's around 5-6.
I went with 2mm rods because that's what the wood skewer measured at and it makes for a good air path but I'd think anything from 2-4mm would do well.

I had to rewrap the one I made a few days ago. The white hemp leaf crumbled when rolled on heat to roast it so I pulled off all the leaf and just used a raw black. Good thing about papers is no need to tie it up but I do have to use a another half paper to fit all the way around.

The latest one I've made I used some cannabis derived terps to thin up the rosin into more of a liquid oil

IMG_5972.JPG

After heat and stirring. I'm also trying out leaving the mold on the heat pad too

IMG_5976.JPG

Nug run in the tumbler for the kief

IMG_5993.JPG

time to roll!

IMG_5996.JPG

wrapped and roasting. For the roast I'm covering them with a bowl for a dome of heat and have the heating pad set for 100. I basically want it all to melt and bind slowly rather than torching them fast

IMG_6002.JPG

Gonna make one more by trying to layer oil, kief, oil, kief for a monster then if we win the conference Saturday morning I'll have at least 3 victory cigars to choose from!!!🤘🤘🤘🤘

In other news...Harvest time is very near!!!🥳

Oreoz S1

IMG_5991.JPG

IMG_5989.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

Frozen Custard

IMG_5986.JPG

IMG_5985.JPG

Texas Butter

IMG_5981.JPG

Ghost Train Haze

IMG_5984.JPG

IMG_5983.JPG

IMG_5982.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice plants look amazing.those canagars are awesome. My budy brings one every year on our mushroom hunting trip. He must have the bigger mold. Takes a few nights to finish it

Dude cannagars are only gonna elevate your pot snobbery!!! 😋

That's wild how you got no stick! I wonder if the short mold time has something to do with that since I let mine sit in there for over a day.
After every press I have to use a stiff toothbrush then an iso wipe to clean it up.
Some people press and smoke right away with no set time.
I tried to use a parchment sleeve but it was a fail.
I'm also working with heat to see how that might work as well.

I use my small mold more than the big. It's designed for 3.5 but my final weight is always around 7-8 grams, oil included. I've never weighed the weed first but I'd bet it's around 5-6.
I went with 2mm rods because that's what the wood skewer measured at and it makes for a good air path but I'd think anything from 2-4mm would do well.

I had to rewrap the one I made a few days ago. The white hemp leaf crumbled when rolled on heat to roast it so I pulled off all the leaf and just used a raw black. Good thing about papers is no need to tie it up but I do have to use a another half paper to fit all the way around.

The latest one I've made I used some cannabis derived terps to thin up the rosin into more of a liquid oil

View attachment 31678

After heat and stirring. I'm also trying out leaving the mold on the heat pad too

View attachment 31679

Nug run in the tumbler for the kief

View attachment 31691

time to roll!

View attachment 31692

wrapped and roasting. For the roast I'm covering them with a bowl for a dome of heat and have the heating pad set for 100. I basically want it all to melt and bind slowly rather than torching them fast

View attachment 31693

Gonna make one more by trying to layer oil, kief, oil, kief for a monster then if we win the conference Saturday morning I'll have at least 3 victory cigars to choose from!!!🤘🤘🤘🤘

In other news...Harvest time is very near!!!🥳

Oreoz S1

View attachment 31690

View attachment 31689

View attachment 31687

Frozen Custard

View attachment 31686

View attachment 31685

Texas Butter

View attachment 31681

Ghost Train Haze

View attachment 31684

View attachment 31683

View attachment 31682

View attachment 31680

wow wow wow!!!! that haze looks awesome!!!!! looks like you'll have a really nice variety from this round.

i should get my stainless rods today so i'll repack mine and let it set for thirty hours like you and see if it sticks at all. i may have figured out how to print my latch in place and just waiting for it to finish printing now, i printed a test last night but i never zoomed in close enough and here i had a tiny air gap between the two pieces and when i pulled it off the printer it fell apart!!! this time i actually watched the print demo in the slicer and watched it fake print it all one piece and then hit print!!! haha

sous vide been cooking all night... glad i got the wifi, i need to stand on my tip toes just to try and read the little screen on the cooker!! :ROFLMAO:

i put foil over the top and checked it when i got up and it's still full so nothing evaporated, i was kinda worried about that.

i upped the temp though as it was warming up, i went by that dude on utube that you like and i thought he said 139 with his bad english and i went back and watched it and he actually said 149.. so i set it for 150, he cooks em for 24 hours... i didn't have that much time and i wasn't waiting another day so we get 18 hours at temp. probably only gonna open one up anyway ( i put them each in different bags) so i can cook the second one longer as a leftover if it needs it. if the first one ain't done i'll just finish it off in the air fryer.

i forgot i had the wings in with the leg quartes so i'm having those for lunch!!!

i hope you get to light up all three of those victory smokes this weekend!!!!!!!! 🤘

Last edited:
Very nice plants look amazing.those canagars are awesome. My budy brings one every year on our mushroom hunting trip. He must have the bigger mold. Takes a few nights to finish it

Thanks for the nice words Stonemason!
Yeah a cannagar aint like a joint! Takes a day or two to puff thru one and yep they are the perfect choice for hiking, road trips, and taking any party to another level!✌️
wow wow wow!!!! that haze looks awesome!!!!! looks like you'll have a really nice variety from this round.

i should get my stainless rods today so i'll repack mine and let it set for thirty hours like you and see if it sticks at all. i may have figured out how to print my latch in place and just waiting for it to finish printing now, i printed a test last night but i never zoomed in close enough and here i had a tiny air gap between the two pieces and when i pulled it off the printer it fell apart!!! this time i actually watched the print demo in the slicer and watched it fake print it all one piece and then hit print!!! haha

sous vide been cooking all night... glad i got the wifi, i need to stand on my tip toes just to try and read the little screen on the cooker!! :ROFLMAO:

i put foil over the top and checked it when i got up and it's still full so nothing evaporated, i was kinda worried about that.

i upped the temp though as it was warming up, i went by that dude on utube that you like and i thought he said 139 with his bad english and i went back and watched it and he actually said 149.. so i set it for 150, he cooks em for 24 hours... i didn't have that much time and i wasn't waiting another day so we get 18 hours at temp. probably only gonna open one up anyway ( i put them each in different bags) so i can cook the second one longer as a leftover if it needs it. if the first one ain't done i'll just finish it off in the air fryer.

i forgot i had the wings in with the leg quartes so i'm having those for lunch!!!

i hope you get to light up all three of those victory smokes this weekend!!!!!!!! 🤘

Man that's so cool you're loving your sous vide!!
I'll be dropping a couple cap steaks in mine Saturday and can't wait!

Yeah the haze went pink! I've never had pink weed before so I'm pretty excited about that!
Most have quit drinking and are done, ready for whacking! I've started yanking off fan leaves and getting the drying tent ready to go. Gonna have at it with my new electric trimmer kit and blaze thru it Saturday

Here's the build on that 9 gram monster I posted in your thread...
Rather than leaving the rosin in a wax state it is a lot easier to heat it in closed jar, add terps or not, your choice on that, but heating it at 90-100 you'll see bubbles coming up. When it stops bubbling it's pretty much liquid hash oil at that point. Little too thick for carts but perfect for this

IMG_6009.JPG

Pressed kief then crumbled.
I wanted to make a cannoli here and wrap the cigar in a cannoli but I got lazy on the static sift and didn't clean it to full melt so it crumbled but still usable

IMG_6011.JPG

IMG_6014.JPG

IMG_6016.JPG

I wanna make another but get super nuts with it by mixing in the hash crumbles with weed along with kief and some rosin pressed from kief. And to top it off...I'm gonna roll it in a rose petal wrap.😎

I started in on one last night. Got home and hit the Peak a couple times then poured some brown water and lit this fucker.

IMG_6017.JPG

After almost an hour and a half I had to put it out but got this far on it

IMG_6021.JPG

Nice and slow even burn and I used a cigar cutter to snip off the cherry rather than smother it in. Probably has at least two more sessions on it and will come close to a 3 hour burn.

Hey speaking of slow cooking and Black Friday sales.....I came away with this 6 quart porcelain coated cast iron Dutch oven for my gumbo and etouffee this Winter! Also have those short ribs in the freezer and this would be perfect for the braising!

IMG_6022.JPG

And I found something we're gonna go check out Mid January to kinda fill that void between football and the start of cup racing....

Last edited:
man that looks like monster truck tron right there!!!!! those godzilla's a badass.. always thought they would make mean firewood processors, just pick up a log and crush it to firewood!!

that hot tar is a great idea man!! how did you apply it?, just kinda pour it on when spinning?

what is a cap steak? , is it just the round edge of the ribeye?

what is better for the sous vide, a fatty beef or lean beef? i wanna get something fresh this weekend!!

one thing i've been really liking is the vac sealer. last week on wednesday i opened a pack of bacon and put the rest in a gallon sealable vag bag that i got on black friday deals, today i used the rest and bro the color was still there and fresh...

DSCN1420.JPG

do that with bacon in a regular ziplock and i'm lucky to get four days in fridge, this was over a week!!!

we like out dutch oven a lot... my only complaint is how heavy that fucker is!!! not fun to flip around while washing!!

my new electric trimmer kit and blaze thru it Saturday

wait, you got new kind you didn't use yet? i missed that!! i'm still afraid to try one of those finger removers bro!!! :LOL:

Thanks for the nice words Stonemason!
Yeah a cannagar aint like a joint! Takes a day or two to puff thru one and yep they are the perfect choice for hiking, road trips, and taking any party to another level!✌️

Man that's so cool you're loving your sous vide!!

Yeah the haze went pink! I've never had pink weed before so I'm pretty excited about that!
Most have quit drinking and are done, ready for whacking! I've started yanking off fan leaves and getting the drying tent ready to go. Gonna have at it with my new electric trimmer kit and blaze thru it Saturday

Here's the build on that 9 gram monster I posted in your thread...
Rather than leaving the rosin in a wax state it is a lot easier to heat it in closed jar, add terps or not, your choice on that, but heating it at 90-100 you'll see bubbles coming up. When it stops bubbling it's pretty much liquid hash oil at that point. Little too thick for carts but perfect for this

View attachment 31968

Pressed kief then crumbled.
I wanted to make a cannoli here and wrap the cigar in a cannoli but I got lazy on the static sift and didn't clean it to full melt so it crumbled but still usable

View attachment 31969

View attachment 31970

View attachment 31974

I wanna make another but get super nuts with it by mixing in the hash crumbles with weed along with kief and some rosin pressed from kief. And to top it off...I'm gonna roll it in a rose petal wrap.😎

I started in on one last night. Got home and hit the Peak a couple times then poured some brown water and lit this fucker.

View attachment 31971

After almost an hour and a half I had to put it out but got this far on it

View attachment 31972

Nice and slow even burn and I used a cigar cutter to snip off the cherry rather than smother it in. Probably has at least two more sessions on it and will come close to a 3 hour burn.

Hey speaking of slow cooking and Black Friday sales.....I came away with this 6 quart porcelain coated cast iron Dutch oven for my gumbo and etouffee this Winter! Also have those short ribs in the freezer and this would be perfect for the braising!

View attachment 31973

And I found something we're gonna go check out Mid January to kinda fill that void between football and the start of cup racing....

My son works for geld motor sports and puts on 5 monster jams a year super kool .

Working on a small mold - gone old school tool maker ! Lol not nearly as fast as ur printer but gonna work - I figured the circumference of a king size paper and will make this mold to use a full one - should end up 1/2”” in diameter and 4 1/2” long without the tip Gonna try and finish her up tonite

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpeg
    IMG_0427.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0429.jpeg
    IMG_0429.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0428.jpeg
    IMG_0428.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Alright sorry to jam up ur thread bro but u started it ! Lmao here’s finished mold if it works out good ima make a larger , this one fits king size papers to the max ! Lol can’t wait to try it out this weekend - probably not the first one but I can see an advantage to letting fresh herb cure in the thing ?

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpeg
    IMG_0432.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0435.jpeg
    IMG_0435.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg