What are you listening too?

Rain cancelled a Turnpike Troubadours concert we had tickets to last night, but things are looking good for Charles Wesley Godwin on Sunday ☀️. I'll have to adjust. Been in a metal mood, recently.

spotify has been on this kick of dropping mariachi, corrido and banda songs today. haven't listened to much of any of it since i left NM, but some of it ain't bad.

i'm going to see these guys for the last time. the first time without the full line up, but the last time. for me and corey. last chance shit.

I met Tools drummer, Danny Carey, early in my musical career when I was dating a music reviewer who worked for the L.A. Weekly. He had just arrived from Boston and was renting a room in the same house the music reviewer was living in. He was much like he is today. Quiet, determined and a fucking absolute beast on the kit!

My favorite version of Pneuma is the Vic Firth Drum cam version. Really makes me appreciate just how talented he was and is.

First time I got to see him play live was when he was filling in at a practice session for a band called Green Jello. Tool used to rehearse in the same space and Bill Manspeaker, the guy that owned the space, was Green Jello's lead singer. Green Jello's lineup was pretty "fluid" so you never knew who would be playing with Bill at any one gig! Maynard, Tools lead singer, use to be Green Jello's roadie and would help Bill with all the stage props they liked to use in their shows.

Lately, I've been getting into fingerstyle guitar and have been thinking about picking up a cheap acoustic to start practicing again trying to whip my hurt hand back into some sort of guitar playing shape. I may pick up a banjo to help me get better at finger picking.

Fingerstyle

so many of their biggest songs came from this set... disasterpiece, eyeless, surfacing, iowa.... MFKR was a garbage album but goddamn. I'm so fucking stoked to go see them again. Lady's first real concert, my seventh time seeing them, and likely the last time they tour as Corey Taylor is on his last leg professionally.

Back
Top Bottom