ZombieRider

Coco Helper
Coco Helper
Reaction score
Hello All! I am gonna be sharing my grow's on here, as well as my musings whilst smoking doob's. Feel free to follow along as I learn to grow the dank, listen to some tunes and shoot the sh!t with you all.
Here are some shots from my past grow. I will post my current run later this evening.
315073996_1305350803581905_8180944161680900808_n.jpg305113961_664723968329350_7750010487542374964_n.jpg306010767_1133077047613851_8268880507785557471_n.jpg305653432_664970047959561_4066214719552380543_n.jpg300870812_978347596892667_2506750590524017417_n.jpg336619843_1283082845577224_8616729120079458057_n.jpg336226789_1863089994064090_4101211712360564915_n.jpg336616373_123955913970166_536424091261798655_n.jpg336499799_609078870683456_5507503922099438911_n.jpg341224150_593656482692043_2694405473916310099_n.jpg340994174_961005295346751_1127020195714157317_n.jpg331920995_1708952439929485_1609652420816068369_n.jpg341228967_604112008316959_2265064494158405284_n.jpg

Hello All! I am gonna be sharing my grow's on here, as well as my musings whilst smoking doob's. Feel free to follow along as I learn to grow the dank, listen to some tunes and shoot the sh!t with you all.
Here are some shots from my past grow. I will post my current run later this evening.
View attachment 1359View attachment 1360View attachment 1362View attachment 1365View attachment 1366View attachment 1368View attachment 1370View attachment 1369View attachment 1371View attachment 1372View attachment 1373View attachment 1358View attachment 1367
Nice work !

Whats up! I have been using Koolbloom as a PK booster with GH flora trio + calimagic, but Ive been reading that some people think Koolbloom is a "harsh" bloom booster, where does this come from do you think? Koolbloom is just Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate and Potassium Sulphate. Could this "harshness" actually be coming from too much PK from Koolbloom causing toxicity or lockout? How would one determine the correct amount of PK boost needed before encountering toxicity? So, if I were to stop using Koolbloom and increase Flora Bloom (which has everything Koolbloom has) could I still encounter PK toxicity?
Also, how does PK overdose manifest itself, harsh tasting flower? Altered growth patterns?

So far, my idea is to decrease the amount of Koolbloom I'm using by 1/2 in exchange for more Bloom (due to it having more sulfur than Koolbloom, also 1 less bottle to buy). I'm also going to be adding some 2mg per gal of Epsom salt last 2 weeks of flower for extra sulphur, while decreasing calmag by 1/4 to not overdo the magnesium. @Moe.Red what do you think of Koolbloom, would you recommend a better PK boost than Koolbloom? Im slowly trying to phase out of using GH and going to either Jacks, Megacrop or Athena.

Zombie, I am going to need to come back to give this the time it deserves, there is a lot to unpack in your questions.

The short answer is that Koolbloom is a way to sell you another bottle.

Jacks is a learning curve for sure. I have heard good things about Mega but have never used it. Just steer clear of Advanced Nutrients, and be ready for a learning curve no matter what you choose.

Are you in coco? I need to get up to speed on your grow style.

I’ve used mega crop it was great the only thing I didn’t like was mixing must be done as directed or fallout occurs one ya get the mixing down it’s not bad and cheap - side note I did go back to pbpg just cuz it’s ez!

Zombie, I am going to need to come back to give this the time it deserves, there is a lot to unpack in your questions.

The short answer is that Koolbloom is a way to sell you another bottle.

Jacks is a learning curve for sure. I have heard good things about Mega but have never used it. Just steer clear of Advanced Nutrients, and be ready for a learning curve no matter what you choose.

Are you in coco? I need to get up to speed on your grow style.
Sup Moe! No worries man, I don't expect lightning-fast responses, just if you remember to answer within a month its all good lol.

And yup I figure Koolbloom is just more of the same of as the Flora Bloom. Part of my confusion is how much Koolbloom is equal to how much Flora Bloom? I guess I could measure the ppm's that I put in of koolbloom, then just replace those ppm's with Flora bloom.

Yup im in coco, 1-2 gallon pots. DTW. Been using/trying to dial in the GH Flora Trio nutrients. I also use Diamond Nectar, Great white and Yucca powder. My last run of Double fish breath and velvet moon were my first run with Great white and hoooly cow. Not sure if it was just the genetics but it was my tastiest run yet. Yay root health!

I’ve used mega crop it was great the only thing I didn’t like was mixing must be done as directed or fallout occurs one ya get the mixing down it’s not bad and cheap - side note I did go back to pbpg just cuz it’s ez!
I got a sample pack of Mega crop 1 part w/Sea K. Thing is clumped up pretty bad. Any tips on making it more...mixable? I tried crushing it but was like fk it ima mix some GH haha.

What is the PB-PG?

I got a sample pack of Mega crop 1 part w/Sea K. Thing is clumped up pretty bad. Any tips on making it more...mixable? I tried crushing it but was like fk it ima mix some GH haha.

What is the PB-PG?
Nope I’d pitch it ! Lol sorry - pure blend pro grow by botanicare - bottle baby- I use their bloom too and Epsom and that’s it mostly cuz it’s super easy

Nope I’d pitch it ! Lol sorry - pure blend pro grow by botanicare - bottle baby- I use their bloom too and Epsom and that’s it mostly cuz it’s super easy
lol will probably just use it for outdoor garden. And ahh ok I have heard of pure blend pro. Easy is the ticket bro, life is too short for 8 part nutrient recipes lol.

Sup y'all! So Im about to flip into flower. Im currently rocking 2 LED's in my room, x2 Mars Hydro FCE 8000's. Did my last run with them and the flower was the best I've grown so they do pretty well. I also have a Covert 630 LED, can't seem to determine which light has more far red.
FCE 8000
fce8000_spectrum.jpg
Covert 630
covert630_spectrum.jpg

Attachments

• fce8000_spectrum.webp
    182.4 KB · Views: 1
Off topic, I'm bummed I didn't get to experience any of the snow that dropped this season.......😞
Sup! Sorry for the late reply Im notorious for randomly ghosting then coming back with a slurry of content haha. Anyway WORD I feel you brutha, this season was a no-go for me. I never got the ski's out which saddens me but iiwii. I hear it was actually a good season though it was dry as a bone out here in the boondocks of Appalachia. I used to live in Colorado so skiing was as easy as an hour drive to the best runs ever. Now that Im in Virginia, its WAY bigger of a deal to go skiing as the only good stuff near here is still a haul. What kind of skiing do you like to do? I love those big mountain lines in the backcountry. On-resort I love me some powdery moguls. What part of the country you in?

This is my new recipe too!!
Promix bx with harvest hero perlite, and botanicare pureblend pro.

Do i need to get the ryzoblast, silica blast, sweet or hydroplex? Didnt seem important at the time so i skipped buying it.

This is my new recipe too!!
Promix bx with harvest hero perlite, and botanicare pureblend pro.

Do i need to get the ryzoblast, silica blast, sweet or hydroplex? Didnt seem important at the time so i skipped buying it.
Sup! I have heard lots of growers using that promix bx, if I were in soil I'd try it out. I just am in love with the coco haha. Yeah I got a bunch of GH flora trio to go through, once Im done I will be trying some new nutes. Since pbp is so cheap I will get some and try it out vs some others. Im thinking of trying out some Athena, PBP, Crop salt and/or Jacks 321 and comparing results. I dont know about the sweet...seems like your just adding artificial terps?

I dont know about the sweet...seems like your just adding artificial terps?
I dont know why i even added that to the list. Id never buy a sweetener, I want natural terps. As i sure most of us do lol.
I was really just curious about the rhyzoblast, silica blast, and hydroplex because its all new to me now.
I always ran precharged soil and ff trio so i never really read into any of this until recently.

I dont know why i even added that to the list. Id never buy a sweetener, I want natural terps. As i sure most of us do lol.
I was really just curious about the rhyzoblast, silica blast, and hydroplex because its all new to me now.
I always ran precharged soil and ff trio so i never really read into any of this until recently.
Ah ok gotcha, natural terps ftw!! Hydroplex seems like a good bloom booster, its got sulphur which is good. Silicablast, its saying its for coco or hydro, isnt promix bx a peat based ammended soil? Maybe its got enough silica in it already? Rhyzoblast looks like a good kelp supplement, Im assuming that is what helps the roots and the Ammonium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Monopotassium Phosphate are just some extra food?

Sup yall! Here is my current grow: 2 candyclysm's from Cannarado, 1 Peyote Wifi Reveg from Seedsman (flowered original one, got rootbound, so this one has nice n healthy roots, been using great white so i think it helps lots with my gardens' root health) and 1 Kings Juice from Greenhouse seed co. Running gh flora micro, bloom and epsom, as well as yucca and great white. Hoping for more terps from using more Pink stuff (it has Sulphur and Kookbloom doesnt so basically nixing the koolbloom and replacing with extra Pink).
Also, as per @Aqua Man adivce, last 2-3 weeks of flower, I will cut my calimagic dose by 1/4 and add 2g of Epsom salts p/gal since epsom salts have sulphur which means more flavonoids and terps (hopefully). Did I remember this right Aqua? Anyway, this scrog is a big one, vegged it forever, its around 6x6! hahaha gonna be a gooood summer :D

Attachments

• Candyclysmcrop.jpg
    Candyclysmcrop.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 8
So when exactly do you all like to defoliate during flower? 2 weeks in? 3 weeks? Do you all usually do an aggressive defol or a light one n tuck? I err on the side of tuck and go light defol, but im thinking i could go a bit more aggressive this go around. How often do you all defoliate during veg? I gotta start defoliating during veg, i just say screw it and leave em but come flowering time shit gets thick quick.

Here we are a few days after last post, they bolted quite a bit! The candyclysm is the tallest girl in there :p58E5C99E-4105-4BD8-B0AD-D12E7F72EE87.jpeg

So a lollipopping, or 30% of lower leaves? I didnt have the time/room to lollipop these before flower, so i was just gonna re-veg the ones that grow the best bud.
I should have asked you what your goals were before I told you mine lol.

Yes I tend to lollypop when growing for yield under a screen. Larf is not something I am interested in.

I should have asked you what your goals were before I told you mine lol.

Yes I tend to lollypop when growing for yield under a screen. Larf is not something I am interested in.
Wouldn't it be too stressful for em to lollipop during flower or is it aight? I've only lollipopped a week before flip so not sure if its recommended. I haven't lollipopped last few rounds and didnt notice a big difference in top bud quality/yield so thats also why I didnt this go round.

GRANNY!!!! HELP!!!!

OK, first I gotta say I'm a hydro grower and use CO2 and blah blah blah.

What I see out of most plants is that the transition / stretch phase resembles Veg more than flower. I tend to lump it in with veg mentally even tho the lights are different.

The plant becomes a randy teenager for a couple weeks while it re-arranges hormones and starts to flower. I'm OK with semi aggressive defoliation at this stage. Once it's past puberty, you gotta take it easy with the scissors tho.

That's my take, but different grow styles.

GRANNY!!!! HELP!!!!

OK, first I gotta say I'm a hydro grower and use CO2 and blah blah blah.

What I see out of most plants is that the transition / stretch phase resembles Veg more than flower. I tend to lump it in with veg mentally even tho the lights are different.

The plant becomes a randy teenager for a couple weeks while it re-arranges hormones and starts to flower. I'm OK with semi aggressive defoliation at this stage. Once it's past puberty, you gotta take it easy with the scissors tho.

That's my take, but different grow styles.
Well Im still working on my style of growing, so far Im liking the coco but havent messed with CO2 yet though I want to when I get a spot sealed off from living areas so I dont gas myself lol.

But I see what your saying, the stretch phase will be slightly more forgiving than the full on bud mode for defol and lollipopping, makes sense.

Im 1.5 weeks in so I think its a good time to follow that idea of "kind of a veg phase during stretch cuz of the raging veg hormones" and get rid of any excess leaves blocking bud sites and some LIGHT lollipopping of like the lower 30%.

Hopefully we get the input of the Scrog Master General Cannagranny before I get the scissors out. Otherwise I will be giving them a trim tomorrow. Thanks for the insight @Moe.Red !

Whats up! Just wanted your opinion on my canopy and whether or not its cool to lollipop during the first couple weeks of flower or do you leave it be during flower? Also gonna be defoliating so...when do you like to defoliate at week 2?
That far into flower could be a bit of a risk. Did you lollipop when you first put them on scrog? I get all of my defoil done prior to week three. Don’t be afraid to take out the excess. After week three I’m more apt to just try to tuck the leaves under.

Back
Top Bottom