Let's see your outdoor grow 2023

i built my custom PC specifically to run Davinci Resolve but since I run on Linux the damn software won't run 😭 ... yet. I gotta hack on my system some more to figure out how to get the GPU and Resolve to communicate right.

however, i have some pretty extensive experience in photoshop and illustrator, neither of which will run on Linux either so have dove into Inkscape, Blender, and GIMP -- feels totally handicapping but they're the best tools available ya know. you're definitely correct, though. Post-prod is where the real magic happens. Sometimes you can take something good and make it great, but if it starts great you can make it exceptional.
I use to try to be cheap and run GIMP before Adobe did subscriptions and I wasn't getting paid then. It was just so quirky compared to the adobe lineup. I was a PHP programmer and also worked for a webhost for years, so I am so pro open source but I just succumb to it and have a bad ass windows machine that runs my adobe lineup. Lightroom Classic, PS, Premier Pro and others. I can fumble my way around resolve and final cut though too.

I use to try to be cheap and run GIMP before Adobe did subscriptions and I wasn't getting paid then. It was just so quirky compared to the adobe lineup. I was a PHP programmer and also worked for a webhost for years, so I am so pro open source but I just succumb to it and have a bad ass windows machine that runs my adobe lineup. Lightroom Classic, PS, Premier Pro and others. I can fumble my way around resolve and final cut though too.
PHP was what kick started my career. I'm in appsec now, but for the last decade was in PHP, python, and javascript. Did quite a bit of freelance work as a graphic designer, doing logos and letterheads for small businesses. Used to make the same contention re: windows. but i'm so far removed from anything front end facing now, and have such a severe distaste for Microsoft, the only things that run on my home network at *nix based. It's just a shame that the FOSS offerings aren't anywhere competitive with the likes of Adobe. Further, I wish Adobe would support non-BSD based kernels. It can't be that hard to do now, given the cross-platform compilations Rust and Go and the like are capable of.

Sorry for the divergence y'all -- should start a tech slave thread for these kinds of convos lol

Use to be into photoshop, still have one of the older ones cracked on my current pc. Back in the day we used to use Macromedia flash to make cool shit for web pages we built.

I'm lost now and shit is so expensive lol. The new Adobe subscription stuff seems un-crackable so I'm just slipping further and further out of touch 😁

So it turns out that it is real hard to sell cannabis that doesn't get you high (hemp). What to do with all that left over hemp that you couldn't sell? Use it as mulch! Hopefully there are not any seeds in it. So far it is really helping hold water in(living soil). Fun little experiment. (Oh and that is micronized sulfur on those leaves)

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 10.06.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-11 at 10.06.59 AM.png

The foothills outdoor plant has just about doubled in size since I saw her last (9 days ago).
While she’s not large in any sense, probably two feet tall, she’s already pitching out pre flowers.
This is Apples and Bananas. IMG_9251.jpegIMG_9252.jpegIMG_9253.jpegIMG_9215.jpegIMG_9216.jpegIMG_9217.jpegIMG_9214.jpegIMG_9213.jpegIMG_9212.jpegIMG_9209.jpegIMG_9210.jpegIMG_9211.jpegIMG_9207.jpegIMG_9200.jpeg

A few bag seeds plants, since April....

Attachments

• 20230620_075237.mp4
    40.9 MB
Still skinny but lets see what happens, making hay while the sun shines. The companion plants are tomato and italian basil, fyi

Attachments

• 20230626_065128.jpg
    20230626_065128.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230626_065134.jpg
    20230626_065134.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230626_065122.jpg
    20230626_065122.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Pretty sure this lady is already going into flower. If not, when its time shes gonna take right off.

I have no idea when they should flower outside here in the North East, i just know what a plant going into flower looks like.

Id imagine any time after the summer solstice (June 21)is acceptable since they days get shorter now?

20230702_181509.jpg20230702_181631.jpg20230702_181352.jpg20230702_181321.jpg

Pretty sure this lady is already going into flower. If not, when its time shes gonna take right off.

I have no idea when they should flower outside here in the North East, i just know what a plant going into flower looks like.

Id imagine any time after the summer solstice (June 21)is acceptable since they days get shorter now?

View attachment 11439View attachment 11440View attachment 11441View attachment 11442
That is gorgeous!
mine is still small, but has hit her stride.
high temps yesterday over 111 degrees with 14% humidity and she is nearly 3 feet tall now.
It’s gained 7 inches in 9 days and not even in the stretch yet. History indicates 7/31 here, so it’s still got some growing to do. I’m hoping it gains a lot more mass between now and flowering!

That is gorgeous!
mine is still small, but has hit her stride.
high temps yesterday over 111 degrees with 14% humidity and she is nearly 3 feet tall now.
It’s gained 7 inches in 9 days and not even in the stretch yet. History indicates 7/31 here, so it’s still got some growing to do. I’m hoping it gains a lot more mass between now and flowering!
Thanks man, i started her January 2nd, so shes 7 months from seed. I topped it probably 25 or 30 times, she went outside may 7th.
Breeder says 56 day flowering time but last one i grew was 70 days so if she is indeed in flower now, mid September will be choppy chop time!

This was her May 7th when i put her outside. 20230507_171909.jpg

Got 5 revegged plants in this pot...decided to tie 4 over to stakes to open it up a bit.
Just a little experiment20230702_084339.jpg

My 2 bigger plants doing a battle store bought soil vs local soil I dug myself.

20230702_084402.jpg

Last edited:
This clone was cut a little over 3 months ago.
Spent its first month in blue light revegging because I cut it after flowering started.
It was dropped into soil here on 6/3, and was just about 12” tall then. It’s over 36” now growing close to an in a day and not stretching yet.

This thing is mostly indica, Apples and Bananas, but sure seems to want to grow tall. It’s even sort of symmetrical like a seed grown plant would be.

I top dressed the soil yesterday and gave her a really deep watering.

Out in the ground is incredibly different than under led.

I want to spray it down really well with an IPM or similar, but they say wait to spray when it’s lower than 80 degrees, that’s midnight here and I keep over sleeping which is a first! Last batch was good sleeping medicine. IMG_9526.jpegIMG_9523.jpegIMG_9524.jpegIMG_9525.jpegIMG_9522.jpeg

@GoodShit97 That tree is massive. I’m in awe.

Mine is growing quickly, but needs a lot more bulk to get in the same class.

In the last two weeks it went from 29” to 36” in the 1st week and from 36” to 41” this past week.
It’s definitely putting on weight, but only about three more weeks before stretch.

I don’t know how much it can grow in three weeks, but I’m sure looking forward to seeing. IMG_6190.jpegIMG_6189.jpegIMG_6188.jpegIMG_6187.jpeg

@GoodShit97 That tree is massive. I’m in awe.

Mine is growing quickly, but needs a lot more bulk to get in the same class.

In the last two weeks it went from 29” to 36” in the 1st week and from 36” to 41” this past week.
It’s definitely putting on weight, but only about three more weeks before stretch.

I don’t know how much it can grow in three weeks, but I’m sure looking forward to seeing. View attachment 12222View attachment 12223View attachment 12224View attachment 12225
She looks nice and happy!!
Im pretty sure my big plant just did its stretch, cause on tuesday it was about level with my chest, now its over my head by 6 or 8 inches and all full of pistils.
Next year ill be doing the same thing i did with 🦣, but ill be growing 3 that way instead of 1.

Ill be filling my 4x4 from January until mid may with 3 plants, then they all go into 30 gallon totes or in ground if i can manage that before next spring.

20230712_092318.jpg
The local river soil on left vs store bought on right. The store bought is going to win this round but to be fair i didn't put enough rock in the river soil. It is either having trouble breathing or low on N, probably low on N because the dirt isn't loamy enough is what I'm thinking....just not eating as good. They are just getting ready to flower thought they were gonna flower earlier but guess it was just mature calyxes throwing some hair...it's coming now though

20230712_092335.jpg
Out of all the seedlings I had going i think I only ended up with 3 females (fuckin bag seed lol) 2 cereal milk, 1 white gumbo

20230712_092413.jpg
5 reveggers in one 10 gallon pot, finally came out of reveg about 3 weeks ago and doing what they can

Never planned to put these outside. They didn’t go out until June 16th. They’re all clones and their sisters are finishing up indoors. Be interesting to see the difference between indoor and outdoor from clones of each other. One is a reveg’d top from Tangie Cookies. She has returned to normal growth and is throwing pistils again. So we shall see…

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpeg
    IMG_1285.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1284.jpeg
    IMG_1284.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1283.jpeg
    IMG_1283.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1281.jpeg
    IMG_1281.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Never planned to put these outside. They didn’t go out until June 16th. They’re all clones and their sisters are finishing up indoors. Be interesting to see the difference between indoor and outdoor from clones of each other. One is a reveg’d top from Tangie Cookies. She has returned to normal growth and is throwing pistils again. So we shall see…
Nice!

I need to catch up with some pictures. My wife has been taking them for me so its all been documented. I just haven't taken the time to transfer them to my computer yet. However, to catch people up, I have harvested 9 of the 12 in the first batch of auto flowers and have 11 more outside in various stages of flowering. It's been easy sailing all summer. Here's a picture from the security camera.

2023.07.12_17.23.08.238.jpg

Nice!

I need to catch up with some pictures. My wife has been taking them for me so its all been documented. I just haven't taken the time to transfer them to my computer yet. However, to catch people up, I have harvested 9 of the 12 in the first batch of auto flowers and have 11 more outside in various stages of flowering. It's been easy sailing all summer. Here's a picture from the security camera.

View attachment 13050
That’s a nice setup my friend

My outdoor plant nudged over 4 feet.
It’s growth got a little weird for a couple weeks, like it was revegging, but it wasn’t in flower.

All that seemed to self correct, as all new growth is normal 5, 7 and 9 fingers rather than 1 and 3.

It is a very robust plant compared to the clones in the shed. I’ll bet it’s a good 300% larger in all dimensions compared to the clones taken the same day.

Apparently the big hydrogen bomb in the sky is a better light. than what I have in the shed. 🙄IMG_9789.jpegIMG_9790.jpegIMG_9794.jpegIMG_9793.jpegIMG_9792.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom