Let's see your outdoor grow 2023

Twin2 was over six foot so I did some HST at 2am. Back to about five foot.

Before:
IMG_4028.jpeg

After:
IMG_4029.jpeg

Just makes it easier to look after. Hope she gets a few days of nice weather to heal up again.

I think big girl on the left and the small girl up front to the right want a little extra N goin into flower....anyone else think so or something different? They are slightly yellowing a bit compared to the lush green color they had about a week ago.

I'm using the nutes from the 420 giveaway at the other place (mega crop maybe the name? Can't remember) anyway its just an easy weigh your powder mix with water type regimine. Wondering if I should just add more grams per gallon or try to just give it a little shot of something else?20230726_091117.jpg

Opinions and ideas appreciated

Also considering doin a worm castings tea but the worm castings are only 1-0-0

I think big girl on the left and the small girl up front to the right want a little extra N goin into flower....anyone else think so or something different? They are slightly yellowing a bit compared to the lush green color they had about a week ago.

I'm using the nutes from the 420 giveaway at the other place (mega crop maybe the name? Can't remember) anyway its just an easy weigh your powder mix with water type regimine. Wondering if I should just add more grams per gallon or try to just give it a little shot of something else?View attachment 15132

Opinions and ideas appreciated

Also considering doin a worm castings tea but the worm castings are only 1-0-0
Personally i would give them a dose of N right now, that way they have plenty to carry them through to the end.
I just gave my outdoor plant in a 30 gallon pot 2 cups 7-3-1 bat guano and 2 cups 2-8-4 gaia green power bloom on Sunday or Monday evening before the rain came.
They do look to be getting a little light green colored.

Personally i would give them a dose of N right now, that way they have plenty to carry them through to the end.
I just gave my outdoor plant in a 30 gallon pot 2 cups 7-3-1 bat guano and 2 cups 2-8-4 gaia green power bloom on Sunday or Monday evening before the rain came.
They do look to be getting a little light green colored.
Alls i have at the moment is the worm casting tea (brewing some right now)

You giving them powder or liquid bat shit?
20230726_094957.jpg

I'm in 10 gallon pot so 2/3 cup would be same ratio I think as your 2 cups over 30 gallons...I see down to earth is powder.

I'm guessing you've seen no burning?

Pots are bone dry daily....I pick them up to check...at first I thought it was over watering

I'm in 10 gallon pot so 2/3 cup would be same ratio I think as your 2 cups over 30 gallons...I see down to earth is powder.

I'm guessing you've seen no burning?
Honestly, i havent even gone to check since i fed the thing lol. I would assume not since she was yellowing at the bottom really bad, so she definitely needed the N.
Im also not so sure that its an "immediate source of nitrogen" like it says it is.
I say that because on the back of the bag, it says 7% insoluble nitrogen, so that means it would need to be broken down to be plant available.

Honestly, i havent even gone to check since i fed the thing lol. I would assume not since she was yellowing at the bottom really bad, so she definitely needed the N.
Im also not so sure that its an "immediate source of nitrogen" like it says it is.
I say that because on the back of the bag, it says 7% insoluble nitrogen, so that means it would need to be broken down to be plant available.
Right I don't know if this mega crap has allowed my mycorrhizae to thrive or killed them that's why I'm kinda figuring something soluble or mostly. When you take that hike tag me if you think about it

Right I don't know if this mega crap has allowed my mycorrhizae to thrive or killed them that's why I'm kinda figuring something soluble or mostly. When you take that hike tag me if you think about it
Ill prolly head up over the hill at like 430 this afternoon. I dont like dragging my 3 year old out there with all the ticks and mosquitoes, so i usually wait until he naps or my wife is home lol.

A couple nutrients/addendums that I've gained a tremendous amount of respect for lately (excluding carnivorous plants):

1) granular humic acids (including fulvics and humin) - this stuff has made every plant (cactus, succulent, fern, vegetable) that I've put it on, suddenly burst forth with healthy new growth. It seems to encourage things to root more rapidly when mixed into a rooting soil mix.

2) alfalfa meal - this stuff is the real deal. Every plant I've put it on has gone through a growing spree, everything seems to love it.

3) kelp meal - same as 2, I feel personally that the alfalfa results in more rapid growth, but I'm not sure that's always desirable, kelp meal might be the light version.

4) decomposed granite - this stuff was a WTF? moment. I initially purchased it from a rock quarry here in the southern part of gold country (sierra foothills). Its a mixture of grit (1/8" to 1/4" in size) with granite rock dust. I mix it 50:50 with normal potting soil for succulents, 75:25 for cactus and sprinkle the dust into potting soil for leafy plants. It's like nothing I've ever seen for growth encouragement. I had a couple chunks of cholla cactus which had never rooted for me (6 months on dry pumice, not a single root), they started turning ghostly white. I sprinkled some granite dust into the pumice and watered. Both pieces had roots and started growing a new cylindrical pad within 10 days. This stuff is PFM.

While it's probably easy to go overboard with any nutrients/amendments, these are pretty tough to do much damage with. Probably with worst result of overuse would be big plants and wasted product (flushed out the bottom of the container).

I'd love to hear other's success stories and secret potions.

Ill prolly head up over the hill at like 430 this afternoon. I dont like dragging my 3 year old out there with all the ticks and mosquitoes, so i usually wait until he naps or my wife is home lol.
Dude fuck some ticks. You see those blue jugs I water with, well I was filling up at my spicket and I saw a red bastard crawling on one of the two jugs. I looked and then did a double take knowing what I saw...sure as shit. What's scary is last year I found one in my house early spring and one late summer into fall inside as well. Makes me a bit nervous they are too close. I have like 8 trees and field for large stretches. Ready to have 0 trees lol

Yea it's worked out ok for me til now the mega crap. It says 5-6 grams per gallon of water and it should be 1.7 EC....well I'm at like 4 grams per gallon and 1.7 EC I guess because my well water adds its own minerals? I ppm my well water and its like 430ppm there's minerals for sure

Yea Tom I need to get more into those for sure, been looking at the alfalfa and acids. I have been running the kelp shit they sent with the mega crap from the 420 giveaway. I was remembered seeing something about sea based ferts being high in auxins (spelling?) And to take it easier on those come flower but I have no clue? I hit her up with it a couple days ago anyway since no real bud is forming yet

Dude fuck some ticks. You see those blue jugs I water with, well I was filling up at my spicket and I saw a red bastard crawling on one of the two jugs. I looked and then did a double take knowing what I saw...sure as shit. What's scary is last year I found one in my house early spring and one late summer into fall inside as well. Makes me a bit nervous they are too close. I have like 8 trees and field for large stretches. Ready to have 0 trees lol

Yea it's worked out ok for me til now the mega crap. It says 5-6 grams per gallon of water and it should be 1.7 EC....well I'm at like 4 grams per gallon and 1.7 EC I guess because my well water adds its own minerals? I ppm my well water and its like 430ppm there's minerals for sure
Ive had 7 ticks on me this year , only 1 got imbedded and i just finished a round of antibiotics so i dont get lyme from that one.

Nice I went and bought me some nitrogen shit they didn't have bat guano just some shit made of it basically....8-3-1 so close....we will see I just did what I think will be my last prune...took alot off and hit these gals with that shit I bought we will see how they liked today soon I suppose 😬

The outdoor plant here in the foothills is really digging the late summer.

In the Bay Area I generally expect an outdoor plant to be in flower by 7/31. I guess the hotter days, warmer nights and possibly full sky exposure is keeping her vegging longer.
I don’t see any node separation taking place to indicate stretch which worries me as it’s already 51”, how tall do indicas get outdoors?
This is Apples and Bananas, a clone cutting from the clone I grew indoors a couple months ago. I’m curious how different outside weather can make? I’m sure the wild environment has many surprises in store.
IMG_0066.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    827.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0026.jpeg
    IMG_0026.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0059.jpeg
    IMG_0059.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0067.jpeg
    IMG_0067.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Twin2 is about 6’ x 4’ x 6’ ATM. Not sure when the stretch is coming so might be tucking only going forward. I think I’m okay until mid August but this is my first outdoor full time plant.

Since Twin1 was interrupted I’m counting on Twin2 to make up any short falls for my friends.

To dark for pics. Add a few in the morning.

Today is the day I had calculated the outdoor plant would be moving into flower (based on a couple grows in the Bay Area), while the plant doesn’t show the traditional signs yet of flowering, it is drinking heavily and this morning has the bright green look in the new growth that indicates that rapid growth is beginning.

I’m probably going to be a week later here in the foothills, but I think its going to be close to my predicted date.

Mid October looks to be my potential harvest. Yee-haw!

It’s amazing how resilient these plants are. A couple of weeks ago the plant on the right was about half dead. Months of battling hemp russet mites took its toll. I know it looks horrible but there are green shoots everywhere. It’s a Durban Poison. Plant on the left is a Bodie. It’s a PNW Dog/hash plant variation.

9C857D45-F827-4755-9E5A-00EC75DC544C.jpeg

Oh and Indicas are starting. So it begins….
3F8C2BA0-6294-4127-BF0D-FCFA609271C8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom