Let's see your outdoor grow 2023

So sorry man. She was your backup. 😔😢
Was never banking on it making it to harvest, it just doesn't happen here thats why i grow inside. Fuck growing outside, im done with that bullshit. To much time/effort/money into it for it to turn to shit so fast.

This was just something to do, was never a "backup" for anything, didnt even plan to smoke it if it did finish. Outdoor weed just isnt my thing.

Id mess with it but its not worth the risk of bringing that shit home and infecting my indoor grow.

Getting in the shower now. Not messing with mildew anymore.

Bye bye mammoth 👋🏻 👋🏻
Not worth the trouble to me. View attachment 16421
This is my prediction for many if not most outdoors in our area.
My one buddy prays I am wrong but with the temps and RH we have had I will predict Fall not to be favorable for many, or at least their plants.
even with a large dehumidifier on 24/7 with constant drain, in a closed greenhouse I saw mold for the first time in my life last year. Outdoors is not the same anymore.(n)
BIG +1 on not bringing that or any shit indoors.
Bum deal man.

This is my prediction for many if not most outdoors in our area.
My one buddy prays I am wrong but with the temps and RH we have had I will predict Fall not to be favorable for many, or at least their plants.
even with a large dehumidifier on 24/7 with constant drain, in a closed greenhouse I saw mold for the first time in my life last year. Outdoors is not the same anymore.(n)
BIG +1 on not bringing that or any shit indoors.
Bum deal man.
Yeah the last 5 days here have been perfect mildew/mold breeding weather, damp/wet, cool, calm days, and nights in the 40s.
Once that crap gets ahold its next to impossible to get rid of, and im finally back to where i was before my mildew issue a year ago.
Learn from your mistakes is what they say so im gonna learn from my mistakes last year and just not mess with it.

Thankfully i had a gut feeling this was gonna happen since putting her out in May, so im not too bummed about it, just means i wont have any to sell so no bar light upgrade for the 4x4 this fall lol. 😅

I got these very leafy plants going right now but the sister plants have a nicer stretch going on (so far). I've never grown something this leafy outside so I'm thinkin I may have to prune this girl again to open up some air flow...any thoughts? I usually barely prune outdoors but also have a higher calyx to leaf ratio type plant going.

Here are pics of the one I'm thinking I may have to thin out
20230805_090644.jpg20230805_090711.jpg
They are currently stretching and have been for a week or so...is it possible they stretch enough to accommodate the lower growth? (asking bc I'd rather prune now before bud sites develop)

As a comparison here are the sister plants...same exact mom they just went thru reveg the others didnt...notice how the stretch on these looks alot nicer for air flow
20230805_090806.jpg
20230805_090829.jpg

I do actually have 2 real bushy ones...so maybe I'll prune one and let the other go to see for myself but if anyone's ever grown leafy plants like this outdoors I'd love to hear any advice

Thanks

I got these very leafy plants going right now but the sister plants have a nicer stretch going on (so far). I've never grown something this leafy outside so I'm thinkin I may have to prune this girl again to open up some air flow...any thoughts? I usually barely prune outdoors but also have a higher calyx to leaf ratio type plant going.

View attachment 16573View attachment 16574
They are currently stretching and have been for a week or so...is it possible they stretch enough to accommodate the lower growth? (asking bc I'd rather prune now before bud sites develop)

As a comparison here are the sister plants...same exact mom they just went thru reveg the others didnt...notice how the stretch on these looks alot nicer for air flow
View attachment 16575
View attachment 16576

I do actually have 2 real bushy ones...so maybe I'll prune one and let the other go to see for myself but if anyone's ever grown leafy plants like this outdoors I'd love to hear any advice

Thanks
See if @TSD can chime in.

View attachment 16573View attachment 16574

View attachment 16575
View attachment 16576

Thanks
If i remember right these were reveg plants right?
If so thats the reason they are so leafy.
Ill go grab a pic of one of my reveg plants. SUPER leafy.

If i remember right these were reveg plants right?
If so thats the reason they are so leafy.
Ill go grab a pic of one of my reveg plants. SUPER leafy.
Close. The real leafy ones were cloned from veg state. The ones with the better stretch to them now that are more open are the ones that were revegged.

I topped the leafy ones too so maybe that helped them get "too dense". Idk I didn't top the reveg ones just kinda chopped shit off the bottom

Close. The real leafy ones were cloned from veg state. The ones with the better stretch to them now that are more open are the ones that were revegged.

I topped the leafy ones too so maybe that helped them get "too dense". Idk I didn't top the reveg ones just kinda chopped shit off the bottom
Thats weird man, any reveg ive grown ended up leafy as hell because they just grow however they feel like growing once they reveg.

Thats weird man, any reveg ive grown ended up leafy as hell because they just grow however they feel like growing once they reveg.
It would have been probably but once the top started taking off i chopped a lot of the lower stuff off ...they ended up stretching nice look like cannabis plants I'm used to growing. I feel like I'm gonna have to get in there and trim to help with mold/rot with the 2 big leafy gals...but I'd rather they stretch out of it lol

Whatever you're doing keep doing it. Those plants look super healthy!!
Haha mine are soso, lots of bug damage, my biggest one has a spot or 3 of mildew im gonna try to address this week maybe.
Ive got some sulfur here, it just started flowering so if i hit it now it should be okay.

Both of you.

Why did you dig a hole and then just drop the pots into them?
So I can move em if some shit pops off...and for a lower profile

Grounds pretty thick out here, thinking about filling the holes with soil from the pots when I'm done though and some from my indoor grows to make a spot to direct sew next year. I like what farmerdave is doing wanna try something like that

Used to run white buckets for pots outside as a kid something I started doing then to keep the roots from getting nuked by the sun hardcore couldn't afford/get black buckets

So I can move em if some shit pops off...and for a lower profile

Grounds pretty thick out here, thinking about filling the holes with soil from the pots when I'm done though and some from my indoor grows to make a spot to direct sew next year. I like what farmerdave is doing wanna try something like that

Used to run white buckets for pots outside as a kid something I started doing then to keep the roots from getting nuked by the sun hardcore couldn't afford/get black buckets
Good Idea! I like the whole "test the spot out" idea. Hmmmm...

Yeah....@Farmerdave trees are nice! He and @TSD are the reason I'm going to run a few outdoor next season but I like your "test-a-spot" method. I got some 30 gal cloth pots but I think I'm going to run them in 5 gals so I can move them around and see what the best sun spot is kind of like yours. Once I get though a successful harvest in the 5's I'll bump it up to the 30's.

Yeah....@Farmerdave trees are nice! He and @TSD are the reason I'm going to run a few outdoor next season but I like your "test-a-spot" method. I got some 30 gal cloth pots but I think I'm going to run them in 5 gals so I can move them around and see what the best sun spot is kind of like yours. Once I get though a successful harvest in the 5's I'll bump it up to the 30's.
I’m using 7gal square fabs in milk crates. Very mobile if need be. Never have to touch the bag and disturb the plant. Just grab the milk crate handles and move to wherever.

Just fed and watered.

Attachments

• IMG_1303.jpeg
    IMG_1303.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1304.jpeg
    IMG_1304.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1305.jpeg
    IMG_1305.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1306.jpeg
    IMG_1306.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1307.jpeg
    IMG_1307.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I’m using 7gal square fabs in milk crates. Very mobile if need be. Never have to touch the bag and disturb the plant. Just grab the milk carton handles and move to wherever.
Also a good idea. Where do you buy your square fabs? I found a place out in Cali that sells all manner of fabric pot and they're pretty cheap.

Also a good idea. Where do you buy your square fabs? I found a place out in Cali that sells all manner of fabric pot and they're pretty cheap.

Ac infinity

Yea the 10 gallon holes sucked alot more lol, my buddy watched me dig the hole while we smoked a doob he looked at my spade said dude you need a bigger shovel....I said nah I need my stepson to be here lol. Showed him though how that spade works he said dude that shovel really does the work.

I've had trouble keeping 5 gallons from getting root bound in the buckets idk if bags would work better, I think you're in that cali sun right? I'd be prepared to uppot to a 30 gal lol might end up with a tree out there!

I’m using 7gal square fabs in milk crates. Very mobile if need be. Never have to touch the bag and disturb the plant. Just grab the milk crate handles and move to wherever.

Just fed and watered.
Milk crates, great idea. 🤣

Reactions: MDK
Yea the 10 gallon holes sucked alot more lol, my buddy watched me dig the hole while we smoked a doob he looked at my spade said dude you need a bigger shovel....I said nah I need my stepson to be here lol. Showed him though how that spade works he said dude that shovel really does the work.

I've had trouble keeping 5 gallons from getting root bound in the buckets idk if bags would work better, I think you're in that cali sun right? I'd be prepared to uppot to a 30 gal lol might end up with a tree out there!
Somewhere between 'Bama and NoLa!! 😉

Nola is a fun city to visit, went to the st louis cemetery down there where Marie laveau is buried, creepy stuff instantly got easy rider acid vibes lol

Back
Top Bottom