Bean's Stash Closet

Dialing back the N and stripping the lower green leaves at the same time could cause some problems. N is mobile and the plant might be a little low on N. If you leave the lower leaves for a week or so more that might help the plant bring more N up to the top of the plant.
Thank you for the advice and explanation.

View attachment 790View attachment 791
Bell Peppers and Tomateos are already starting to bear! Had to make quick work of the last picture. Bees are extremely aggressive since I brought the population down 2 days ago. Might have to kill off the hive. We have Africanized bees in California. One swarm and I am shit out of luck.
Are you able to grow more or less year round where you are? I'm not familiar w CA growing seasons. We dont have Africanized Bees but sometimes I think our mosquitos and black flies might be.

Moe as I understand it EDTA's contain a lot of salt and are kind of a no no because of the salts.
EDTAs are pretty much universally accepted as the way to encapsulate a micro like iron to make it plant available synthetically.

I think if you look up methods of chelation, this is the best option for cannabis. But I'm open to ideas if you have something else.

Dialing back the N and stripping the lower green leaves at the same time could cause some problems. N is mobile and the plant might be a little low on N. If you leave the lower leaves for a week or so more that might help the plant bring more N up to the top of the plant.
If I could clarify, I am not saying to dial back N, I'm saying to add more. Micro has higher N than Grow.

Dialing back N is for the last half of flower.

Here's one of the lower fans in better light.

Attachments

• 20230420_084850.jpg
    20230420_084850.jpg
    910.7 KB · Views: 8
Here's one of the lower fans in better light.
leaf markup.jpg

Color looks better outdoors. There are a few things worth mentioning:

Blue - looks like an aphid maybe. Hopefully you picked that up outside. It is a warning that you could be bringing these inside on your clothes, so be careful with how you enter your grow space.

Red - purple petiole - this could be a few things, some irrelevant, some are early stress responses. Do you only see the purple where the petioles are in direct light?

Green - I'm hoping those white dots are non-glandular trichomes. If so, thats a good sign! if you can wipe them off, lets take a closer look, that's what PM looks like when it starts.

Yellow - tip burn - typically from P and or K. Just an indication you were running a little hot at one point.

I'm being really picky here and none of these may be problems. Just trying to give a heads up for stuff to watch for.

Thanks Moe. The white specs I'm am pretty sure is dust from when I mounted longer posts to hang my light from yesterday, it does brush or blow right off. Petiole color came after I started pusjng the llight intensity up and is only on the top. Blue circle I have no idea but I'm gonna go investigate w a magnifying glass asap.

Edit- there are some trichromes coming in as well that dont brush off but I'm seeing that everywhere now.

Picture of front of same leaf

No sign of any aphids on the plant so far, I know they hide well so I'll keep looking. I took a couple more leaves from the vicinity to inspect more closely and they are clean.

Thanks for putting eyes on it fellas, I never wouldve noticed any of that if I'm being honest lol.
Yeah but now that you have they can't be unseen, right?

I would not worry about the purple. That is called anthocyanin. It is normal for many genetics, and really tends to pop out on some cultivars under UVA. Some will do it under full spectrum too. Since it is only on the top side where light hits it, this is not a stress indicator.

I also doubt you have aphids, but you see how easy it is to bring that stuff in from outdoors. It does not hurt to take preventative measures. Yellow sticky traps are an example. If you do get a bug, easy to identify if they get caught on the trap.

In general, slow moving = plant eating. Fast moving = predators of slow moving bugs.

Tip burn is resolved.

The only caution I have is watch that powder. Since you are not in flower yet, it is easy to recover should you get PM. Once in flower the challenges go up.

Will do Moe, thanks dude. You guys made me realize I gotta start paying closer attention. Im going to get a 2nd fan on the way to get more air moving around.

EDTAs are pretty much universally accepted as the way to encapsulate a micro like iron to make it plant available synthetically.

I think if you look up methods of chelation, this is the best option for cannabis. But I'm open to ideas if you have something else.
Sure EDTA can be used for a method of chelating something like Iron a micro but there are problems as the amount of chelated nutrients are introduced into the solution. Here is an example of using say Calcium EDTA and as mentioned it is not a good idea.
https://scienceinhydroponics.com/2020/05/calcium-edta-and-its-problems-in-hydroponics.html

Are you able to grow more or less year round where you are? I'm not familiar w CA growing seasons. We dont have Africanized Bees but sometimes I think our mosquitos and black flies might be.
You can grow say Potatoes and Lettuce in the winter months where I am at. Spring, Summer and Fall you can grow most things. I grew cannabis in a green house for about 16 months in my backyard. Did light dep. My last run was difficult to tell it was Light Dep over indoor. I will tell you this, Green Houses are not that easy. I learned alot that applies to indoor from that green house.

Sure EDTA can be used for a method of chelating something like Iron a micro but there are problems as the amount of chelated nutrients are introduced into the solution. Here is an example of using say Calcium EDTA and as mentioned it is not a good idea.
https://scienceinhydroponics.com/2020/05/calcium-edta-and-its-problems-in-hydroponics.html
Yes this is true. For calcium only.

Gh does not use EDTA for calcium. Calcium nitrate and calcium carbonate are used. No threat of sodium as a byproduct.

If you go back and look at the label it is the metals that are wrapped in EDTA. Those do not have the same chemical structure or the same drawbacks unless I am missing something.

I think the stretching has slowed and I can see energy shifting toward stank. Yesterday was the most I've topped off in one day and I think it was down 30-40ppm since Wed. ammend.

Attachments

• 20230421_085322.jpg
    20230421_085322.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230421_090018.jpg
    20230421_090018.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230421_082308.jpg
    20230421_082308.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230421_102025.jpg
    20230421_102025.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Great pics. Everything looks perfect.

White Widow has been super productive and super potent for me in the past. I really think you will be pleased.

I put the new fan oscillating just above the tops and the fixed fan blowing under the canopy. I'm going to ammend again Monday @ 4 week mark to get back on schedule.

Attachments

• 20230422_145709_1.mp4
    17.9 MB
Definitely getting these into pots tomorrow lol. They take off so fast once the roots hit the water.
Have you done microgreens
Yes, all the micros for garnish at work are grown in the basement. I think 7-10 day turnaround on a tray. Sometimes you pay $35-$40lb for that stuff. Our forager has the best racket though.
i grow those too. And mushrooms. My faves are lions mane and sunflower. I’ll bet you could make something outstanding with those ingredients.

Have you done microgreens

i grow those too. And mushrooms. My faves are lions mane and sunflower. I’ll bet you could make something outstanding with those ingredients.
We made vegan "crab" cakes with lions mane last summer. Regardless of what it was imitating, absolutely delicious substitute.

I love Maitake (hen of the woods) in particular. Very versatile and great meaty texture. Chanterelles are something we use as long as he can bring them. Hours upon hours of carefully cleaning and shaving stems on chanterelles..

Back
Top Bottom