MysticEpipedon

Herb Hitman
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
At some point, people who didn't know me from ~The Bad Place~ might have started to wonder what some stoner, making occasional comments, was doing here on a growers site. For that reason AND THAT REASON ONLY, I figured I better start growing some plants. Since these are souvenir seeds, not meant to be used to create marijuana, I'll just chop and toss them in the compost heap when they're done. Take my word for it, Anesia.

About a month ago, I started:

2 Lemon Jeffery (Irie) -- sure to be a limonene princess-perk up type weed. I have not tried this one, but a non-feminized sort of version of it.
2 Character Zero (Irie) -- I am inclined to think this will be a monkey-mind, racy, crazy strain. It includes Nigerian and Nepalese sativa in its background, which are generally considered to be on the electric side. Maybe some quality paranoia features, as well. But I don't know anyone who has tried it.
1 The Wombat (Irie)-- This is a NYC Diesel cross. Supposed to be energetic/creative. It was a freebie.
1 Captain Future (Anesia) -- High-potency sativa that I've never tried.
1 Oracle Octane (Anesia) -- High-potency indica dominant strain that I've never tried.
2 The Rhombus (Irie) -- For me, this is a lights-out indica dominant strain. I'm not an indica guy, but it's so good at what it does that it goes fast. I noticed that on the Irie website, they used my pic. I had posted it on their Discord server a few months back, before it occurred to me that Discord is a shitty excuse for forums on growing weed, and stopped visiting.

Some of the girls picked up a few thrips, most likely from me doing outdoor gardening, then doing indoor gardening without a change of clothes. I'll post some pics when they start looking interesting.

Right now it's looking like this might not be a good mix of plants. Lemon Jeffery looks like it will tower over the others, then flop over on them, unless it's strictly controlled. Oracle Octane is a runt, by comparison. Captain Future is also unlikely to be recruited by the NBA.

Hell yeah. Beat them thrips asses, i just got over dealing with them. Was kinda rough but easier than i had thought it was gonna be.

What did you use to get rid of them? I'm thinking of introducing green lacewing larvae as a natural-preventative next run.
Check out michagin benificials.mi benificials i just got one of there remediation packs. I think it's like three different kinds of mites and rove beatles. Super healthy bugs. My beads are just crawling with them now .small business awesome customer service great products.
Been giving myself a stiff neck watching these things run through the beds with the scope all week.lol

Check out michagin benificials.mi benificials i just got one of there remediation packs. I think it's like three different kinds of mites and rove beatles. Super healthy bugs. My beads are just crawling with them now .small business awesome customer service great products.
Been giving myself a stiff neck watching these things run through the beds with the scope all week.lol
Haha hell yeh man thanks for the recommendtion. I will check em out. Will 100% be running some beneficials in my garden as a preventative. Though i think they need to be fed so if i dont have any thing for them to eat maybe im wasting my dineros?

Haha hell yeh man thanks for the recommendtion. I will check em out. Will 100% be running some beneficials in my garden as a preventative. Though i think they need to be fed so if i dont have any thing for them to eat maybe im wasting my dineros?
He sells food for them too.

I just topped dressed with some organic alfalfa pellets and microbes right before i through them in and they went crazy.

Have you tried green lacewing larvae? They eat all kiiinds of stuff
No i havent tried any kind of other buggers ever before. I need to go see what my local store has i need more stuff anyways and they usually have lady bugs and praying mantises

No i havent tried any kind of other buggers ever before. I need to go see what my local store has i need more stuff anyways and they usually have lady bugs and praying mantises
The lady at Arbico Organics recommended I get green lacewing larvae to eat any mites, gnat larvae, etc. Check em out, they are really good insects for gardens. They look like lil dinosaurs lol.

Bro that was a hell of a link. Now im looking at all their cool fermented nutrients and stuff. Will be cool to try out their nutrient regime in some living soil :D. https://mibeneficials.com/products/horticultural-aloe-extract
I can send you the nutes he has for free.if your running living soil it works good.
Sweet! Not a bad price for some backup against these fricken pests :p. I gotta ask em what food they eat cuz i dont think i got anything for em to snack on lol.
Just message him on the site he will answer pretty quik.

Hell yeah man I appreciate that. I might be running a living soil bed on the side after this run so I will take you up on that offer then. đź––
Let me know.i will send you the natural farming line of ferments and water soluable nutes we have been making.we could realy use the feed back .

If you've got beneficial nematodes in your soil, thrips never get a foothold. Part of their life cycle is in the soil, so they get murdered in bed.

I used Nuke 'Em, then used pyrethrin spray, which seemed to be the knockout punch.

Two of the plants complained -- the Lemon Jeffery sisters:
IMG_7814.jpeg
I reduced light levels, but not enough for this one. I'll be more careful next time.

They were recently transplanted. One more transplant before the flip. They were just watered, and they have been getting clawed leaves just after watering. Then, an hour later, they unclaw. I thought it might be the temperature of the water, but I'm not so sure. I'm also finding that Lush soil gives some plants more nitrogen than they want, but screw it, it's the way it's going to be for this grow.
IMG_7816.jpeg
The little one on the floor is a recent cut of a cut. She's strong AF, but I'm getting kind of bored of her buzz.
Oracle Octane, the runt of the grow, is in the center of the tent. Lemon Jeff and Character Zero are tall plants, but most of the others aren't far behind yet.

They're all showing preflowers, and they haven't gone to alternate leaves yet. I think I'm going to flip as soon as they recover from the next transplant.

Do they stay in the tent? My wife wouldn’t be too happy with rove beetles all over our house.

Do they stay in the tent? My wife wouldn’t be too happy with rove beetles all over our house.
Havnt noticed any outside the pots yet. They are tiny right now though might just not be seeing them.

All my fem seeds showed pre flower before alternating leaves. I never saw alternating leaves.
I vegged 6-8 weeks I think.

New growth looks good .
Spinosad for the win.
Whip them thrips~!

All my fem seeds showed pre flower before alternating leaves. I never saw alternating leaves.
I vegged 6-8 weeks I think.

New growth looks good .
Spinosad for the win.
Whip them thrips~!

That's interesting. For some reason, I usually do regulars, with a fem thrown in, here and there. This might be my first all-fem grow, so I've never really noticed this before.

I just looked back at photos I took and some had alternating, but as many as I would have thought. I think , more strain related possibly?
All but the Hash plant [ a regular m/f] showed pistils weeks before flip though.

I just looked back at photos I took and some had alternating, but as many as I would have thought. I think , more strain related possibly?
All but the Hash plant [ a regular m/f] showed pistils weeks before flip though.
They all have preflowers, big ones. They're ready to flip, but these are in soil and they'll need more to produce. And yeah, it seems like it's always strain-dependent.

Did the final transplant into 5 gallon pots on Tuesday. Wednesday morning they were fully recovered from any transplant shock, so I flipped them.
IMG_7832.jpeg

They're all roughly the same size, except for the two Lemon Jeffreys and one of the Character Zeros, so those three got super cropped.
IMG_7835.jpeg
This is the plant in the center, back row.

Some large fan leaves were removed -- the ones covering the tops of what will be major branches -- but I don't see a tremendous amount of defoliation in this group's future. Light penetration with the Raging Kush seems to be very good.

One of my favorite premixed soils, Lush, seems to be too high in N. There's always a little leaf hooking after a transplant, so I mixed the new Lush soil with Roots Original on a few, to compare. I have to get back to mixing my own soils. One of the giant warehouse-type grow shops around here has a huge selection of goodies to make your own mixes.

I really should switch to some form of hydro, but I'd hate to come home after a week away to a bunch of dying plants. My wife is not botanically inclined, so there will be no help there.

Thrips seem to be gone, so now I'll put them in my time machine and move things up 10 weeks. Sorry for those of you who will miss Christmas, but sometimes a guy has to mess with the space-time continuum to get some nice buds.

Did the final transplant into 5 gallon pots on Tuesday. Wednesday morning they were fully recovered from any transplant shock, so I flipped them.
View attachment 30195

They're all roughly the same size, except for the two Lemon Jeffreys and one of the Character Zeros, so those three got super cropped.
View attachment 30196
This is the plant in the center, back row.

Some large fan leaves were removed -- the ones covering the tops of what will be major branches -- but I don't see a tremendous amount of defoliation in this group's future. Light penetration with the Raging Kush seems to be very good.

One of my favorite premixed soils, Lush, seems to be too high in N. There's always a little leaf hooking after a transplant, so I mixed the new Lush soil with Roots Original on a few, to compare. I have to get back to mixing my own soils. One of the giant warehouse-type grow shops around here has a huge selection of goodies to make your own mixes.

I really should switch to some form of hydro, but I'd hate to come home after a week away to a bunch of dying plants. My wife is not botanically inclined, so there will be no help there.

Thrips seem to be gone, so now I'll put them in my time machine and move things up 10 weeks. Sorry for those of you who will miss Christmas, but sometimes a guy has to mess with the space-time continuum to get some nice buds.
How big is your tent?

Back
Top Bottom