G79's Kozmic Creations

Pink Runtz day 46,... blueberries day 28,... Voodoo Thai day 25
Can't post pics uploaded file is too long for server to process...wtf up

Last edited:
There is no starter for the ballast is there?

No, but I'm pretty sure the bulb is not the problem. Maybe some HID guys know.
It could be the bulb, I had a mix with bulbs up and thought I'd blown another ballast because I've not seen an hps lamp go out like that. I switched ballasts still nothing, I changed the socket, still nothing. I put in another bulb and lights action.

I've had to replace 2 of 3 parts to the old mechanical ballasts a few times. I went back to the old mechanical after blowing 2 electronic in 4 years, other than noise and heat...that I like..... I rather have the old for their longevity & how cheap the kits are over the new crappy electronic hps ballasts

I meant capacitor. 🥴
It may half fire if capacitor is gone...or be swollen....like an old milk carton the capacitor will swell like that and bulge its seams out. I think if the starter is fried the light is just out......careful with the capacitor...short it out ...not you....its still live even after disconnecting.

That's right capacitors hold charge. Careful, bulge is correct too, blown cap. SS Oh forgot to say high, Go Grown

Thanks for all the replys guys.
I just called HTG and a real person answered on the second ring. Within 3 minutes I have a new light on the way. The guy didn't know if it's the light or ballast. He said I should have a new set in 3-4 days and a lablel to send the broken one back.
AC infinity did the same on an almost 2 year old light- not sure how long the htg warranty is.

I just made a terrible mistake that could spell disaster. I was adjusting the exhaust settings last night and accidentally shut it off. Indoor humidity was 82% at lights on.

In one of the 2 x 2's I have I only have a manual humidifier to humidify it. The 5 x 5 and one of the 2 x 2's I have a T3 keeping everything in range. I forgot to turn off the manual humi once and when I woke up the next morning I remembered I had left it on and when I checked the hygrometer mounted outside the tent it read 99%! 😄

Think of it as if they had gotten rained on if they were outdoors....no problem....

I got the new light today and it doesn't work. Same problem as the last. I called HTG and told them, they said it must be the bulbs and trhey will send a new one priority shipping. So I went to the hardware store and found a 250w mh bulb for $15 and it works so far

Did you try the hardware store bulb in both units just to see if it was the bulb for that one too?

Did you try the hardware store bulb in both units just to see if it was the bulb for that one too?
No, I had already boxed up the first one. I have light now, and an extra ballast that probably works. When they figure out how to send a bulb that works, they can have the ballast back. I did ask the guy if the 7/14 printed on the bulb was when it was made, and he didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom