How is your tent setup?

Kopper1013

Sept Raffle Winner!
Reaction score
Hey y’all I’m trying to figure out how to setup my tent and I thought I’d ask y’all how yours are set up?

Is your inline fan inside or outside your tent?

Is your filter, filtering air as it enters the tent or as it’s exhausted?

If you’re filtering air as it leaves and say your exhaust fan is our side the tent how are you introducing fresh air?

Are you filtering fresh air as it enters the tent?

How are you using your inline fan (example: when do you want it to run? When humidity is getting high? Low? When temps are not where you’d like?)

What is your perfect targeted tent conditions with lights on and lights off?

I’m sure I’ll have more but this being my initial setup stage I wanna it to be as correct as possible to start, controlling everything and zeroing in on managing perfect tent conditions will be a learning curve for sure but initial setup is crucial for that….

Thank y’all for helping an indoor newbie

I'll start with my limited info.
With LED lights you want 80-83 ideally lights on. Many different strategies for lights off. I have been experimenting with keeping the same temp ;lights on and off during veg.
RH around 55-60 in veg.
Some make or use filters going into tent and have odor removing filters and fans for exhaust.
I like AC Infinity fans and what they do. https://acinfinity.com/
You can set the fan and speed of it for high or low temp and RH.
They will turn on when your limits are reached.
You can install them either inside or outside the tent.
I have them in and out of my room even running two together off one controller.

Exhaust outside the tent. Intake are two exhaust vents with 6 inch exhaust tubing cut to fit to keep them open then covered with pantyhose. I often end up opening my tent zippers during flower tho so I'm not so concerned about completely filtering incoming air. Opening the tent exposes it...so I just focus on cleaning around the immediate area to keep dust down. Way I look at it, is it's gotta be a little cleaner than all the dirt and bugs of outside and I'll smoke that no problem so I don't worry about that indoor.

Inline fans are inside the tent, i dont run carbon filters anymore because they restrict to much air flow.
I run 80-83°f from seed to week 6 of flower, then i start to taper the temp back and drop light power to about 70% at week 8.
I have my aci controller set to come on when temp or humidity get too high. I have the lows turned off because if the tent is low, so is the lung room so id rather the fan not run and let temp/humidity come back up on its own.
I like to run 68-72 at lights out and i try to shoot for 62% rh in veg and 35-40% in flower.

Inline fans are inside the tent, i dont run carbon filters anymore because they restrict to much air flow.
I run 80-83°f from seed to week 6 of flower, then i start to taper the temp back and drop light power to about 70% at week 8.
I have my aci controller set to come on when temp or humidity get too high. I have the lows turned off because if the tent is low, so is the lung room so id rather the fan not run and let temp/humidity come back up on its own.
I like to run 68-72 at lights out and i try to shoot for 62% rh in veg and

35-40% in flower.
During the Whole Time Flower cycle?

Now, here I come to throw a wrench in all of the above info, which by the way I have done it all. I also purchased two very expensive air scrubbers, the in-line fans on and on. I have a whole closet full of equipment I’m no longer using.
Today, I open the front of my tent completely and use oscillating fans. A shorty for under my canopy and a taller floor one for the top. I run a room humidifier. Sits in the center of two grow tents and a closet that I grow in.
I run one in-line fan in my five by five to pull in fresh air. Not really needed in the four by as generally I only have one plant at a time in there. I do a fresh air exchange basically daily. Simply by opening the window and sitting a fan in front of it pulling the fresh air in.
I run 50-60% humidity throughout veg and through mid flower, and then I drop it to 35-40% for the second stage of flowering. It promotes heavy trichs. My temps are 68 -70 at night and up to 81 during the day.
I also did extensive testing on the negative versus the positive air flow, not worth the probability of mold.
Just my two cents. 🙂

Now, here I come to throw a wrench in all of the above info, which by the way I have done it all. I also purchased two very expensive air scrubbers, the in-line fans on and on. I have a whole closet full of equipment I’m no longer using.
Today, I open the front of my tent completely and use oscillating fans. A shorty for under my canopy and a taller floor one for the top. I run a room humidifier. Sits in the center of two grow tents and a closet that I grow in.
I run one in-line fan in my five by five to pull in fresh air. Not really needed in the four by as generally I only have one plant at a time in there. I do a fresh air exchange basically daily. Simply by opening the window and sitting a fan in front of it pulling the fresh air in.
I run 50-60% humidity throughout veg and through mid flower, and then I drop it to 35-40% for the second stage of flowering. It promotes heavy trichs. My temps are 68 -70 at night and up to 81 during the day.

I also did extensive testing on the negative versus the positive air flow, not worth the probability of mold.
Just my two cents. 🙂
postive tent pressure and negative tent pressure?

the positive tent pressure helps keep microscopic things out such as dust, bugs and organisms.

the Negative pressure keeps it sucked in, therefore constantly pulling in air and whatever isnt blocked off by micron screens.

sufficient airflow through a canopy, makes it possible for pushing higher RH Values, with less risk of Fungi's taking hold inline/conjuncture with the environment/vpd/plants and possible increase in yield, and as you mentioned, the last few weeks or so, then drop the RH to act as a stressor to promote Secondary Metabolite Synthesis.

passed a certain temp and ppfd, Elevated CO2 is required, in the context of Growth rates/Commercial/Schedules/Pushing plants to their maximum Potential.

Observer.

My main flower tent is a 4' x 8'. I have two 8" AC Infinity fans hooked to the AC Infinity controller. One is intake, the other is exhaust. Both carbon scrubbers are on the outside of the tent. I use a prefilter on the exhaust port inside the tent to keep debris out of the carbon scrubber filter. I have two Grower's Choice E-720's so there's not much room for carbon filters without giving up vertical grow space.

I'll be the first to say that this is over-kill. It works great on a controller and my fans stay quiet because of the low rpm ... but I wouldn't go out and buy an extra 8" carbon scrubber to do this. I already had the equipment just gathering dust on a shelf so I simply put it back in service.

I try to keep my tent closed other than when I'm actively tending my plants. I set it up this way to keep out dog hair and other debris that seemed to end up on my buds when I kept the tents open. Temperatures are easily controlled 3/4th of the year. Summer time I grow outside anyway.

My main flower tent is a 4' x 8'. I have two 8" AC Infinity fans hooked to the AC Infinity controller. One is intake, the other is exhaust. Both carbon scrubbers are on the outside of the tent. I use a prefilter on the exhaust port inside the tent to keep debris out of the carbon scrubber filter. I have two Grower's Choice E-720's so there's not much room for carbon filters without giving up vertical grow space.

I'll be the first to say that this is over-kill. It works great on a controller and my fans stay quiet because of the low rpm ... but I wouldn't go out and buy an extra 8" carbon scrubber to do this. I already had the equipment just gathering dust on a shelf so I simply put it back in service.

I try to keep my tent closed other than when I'm actively tending my plants. I set it up this way to keep out dog hair and other debris that seemed to end up on my buds when I kept the tents open. Temperatures are easily controlled 3/4th of the year. Summer time I grow outside anyway.
I will add, nothing goes in my flower room but me. So no dog cat hair etc. I also put my hair up and go in with clean clothes every time.

I will add, nothing goes in my flower room but me. So no dog cat hair etc. I also put my hair up and go in with clean clothes every time.

Well, the dogs aren't allowed into my grow area but they are on the other side of the grow room door waiting for us when my wife and I are back there. One of my dogs is an Eskie and regardless of how much vacuuming we do, he is constantly shedding. Keeping the tents closed has really helped a lot and the active intake air allows me to have better temperature control with the tent zipped up.

What you said is on point with my style, only 3 years indoor. Next summer or in June I will set plants outside for July & August and hopefully avoid $375 elec bill. Cheers

Hey y’all I’m trying to figure out how to setup my tent and I thought I’d ask y’all how yours are set up?

If you’re filtering air as it leaves and say your exhaust fan is our side the tent how are you introducing fresh air?

How are you using your inline fan (example: when do you want it to run? When humidity is getting high? Low? When temps are not where you’d like?)

I’m sure I’ll have more but this being my initial setup stage I wanna it to be as correct as possible to start, controlling everything and zeroing in on managing perfect tent conditions will be a learning curve for sure but initial setup is crucial for that….

I'll play 😋

I use a spare room instead of a tent but to answer:

outside

Both and then some. HEPA on intake, carbon scrubber inside the room, and ozone on exhaust. My exhaist goes thru the ceiling and into an old furnace chimney where it's released thru the roof of my home

Intake on one side and low to the ground, Exhaust on the opposite side near the ceiling, lots of movement in between

Yes. My air is drawn from the outside of the home and passes thru a HEPA filter box before entering the grow space. (FWIW I also have a rodent screen between outside and grow room duct outlet too)

All of the above. I use several inlines and air movers for all of those various duties

82 and sunny with a light southerly breeze and low RH. Same for lights off but pitch black dark and temps down to 68-72 at night depending on stage of ripening

Mine is in my basement work shop, I've a 5x5 a 3x3 , 2- 3x4 closets for veg. or had until I used the closets for storage of grow stuff & nutes.

My operational 5x5 has 6 Auto Pots at 18 days of flowering, I've an intake fan and and exhaust fan outside the tents that I control with simple speed controllers.In the winter my intakes are shut off and I go with passive air through the vents with exhaust on a low speed to keep the heat in. Unless I have humidity problems ( like now ) and its on full speed exhaust. I've a heater in the tent trying to maintain 78f but now with my side doors half open to control humidity I'm only getting 76f at 50%. 5 fans 2 above my lights 2 osculating at canopy level and 1 on the floor under the canopy.

I'm using 12 75w 2ft long Spiderfarmer bars for lighting and 3 far red pucks at lights out

postive tent pressure and negative tent pressure?
Yup.
the positive tent pressure helps keep microscopic things out such as dust, bugs and organisms.
I won’t say there is absolutely no dust in there, but my room is torn apart and cleaned at least once a week like the rest of the house. The only bug probs I have ever had was mites from a “gift” clone. I no longer accept “gifts”.
the Negative pressure keeps it sucked in, therefore constantly pulling in air and whatever isnt blocked off by micron screens.
Running the negative pressure is what taught me about WPM. That too was on the advice of someone who claimed it was necessary and best. It’s not.
sufficient airflow through a canopy, makes it possible for pushing higher RH Values, with less risk of Fungi's taking hold inline/conjuncture with the environment/vpd/plants and possible increase in yield, and as you mentioned, the last few weeks or so, then drop the RH to act as a stressor to promote Secondary Metabolite Synthesis.
I keep a constant air flow both atop of the canopy and below. I also drop my RH depending on the ripening of the flower.
passed a certain temp and ppfd, Elevated CO2 is required, in the context of Growth rates/Commercial/Schedules/Pushing plants to their maximum Potential.
It has been my experience that small home growers have no need of CO2. As far as commercial grows? I’ve yet to be impressed with anything that comes from a commercial grow. Anything that I have bought from a dispensary called top shelf is the quality of shit that I use in cooking, as smokin it is a waste of good lungs.
Observer.
My real point was, a lot of that stuff is unnecessary. Companies love all the BS that’s put out as they are there to sell you something.
After thirty plus years of cultivation I’m set in my ways, and when I fire one up, I’m not sorry for it. 🥰

Outside.
It runs through a carbon filter as it leaves the tent. I don't have filters on air entering the tent, at this time. It's something I've been thinking about for a couple of years.
Air intake vents near the bottom of the tent.
No, as mentioned above.
I adjust my fan to keep my humidity where I want it.
I like my %RH in the low to mid 60s. The temperature is about 80 F, lights on and 76 F, lights off. I'm lucky to have fairly stable humidity through most of the year, except when we hit the deep freeze (which happens less and less frequently).

I have a 5 x 5 setup in a small 10 x 10 office I use as a lung room.
I mounted my inline fan outside the tent and placed it on the roof of the tent. I hung the filter inside for when it gets skunky. I tried to reduce the amount of bends on the exhaust to ease the fan workload. I may rearrange it for next time making the filter accessible. Right now it's in a corner that is inaccessible. If it is accessible I would not use it for veg or the first few weeks of flip as it's not needed but since the area I have is inaccessible once the net fills I placed it as out of the way as I could.
fan and exhaust.jpgfilter placement.jpg
As it is exhausted. I let the exhaust fan pull fresh air from the lung room inside the tent through the tent flaps. No intake fan needed in my case. The one thing I check are the intake flap screens. They can load up with dust fairly quickly especially if you're pulling a lot of air through the flaps so I regularly vacuum them to keep them clean and unobstructed. Using a lung room adds another layer of pest protection as long as you're using clean protocols inside the lung room.

Like many others I rely on the ACI controller to do most of the work. I use the Auto function and set my high/low parameters so that I don't have to constantly monitor environment. In the beginning I'll check stats every morning to see the range the controller was able to maintain and tweak it from there as outside ambient conditions affect lung room conditions. Home HVAC also helps in regulating environment in the lung room.

When I setup my fan speeds I set the minimum at 2 so that there is always air flow in the tent. I have a stationary fan on the floor near one of the intake flaps pointed towards the roof and an oscillating fan washing over the canopy to keep air moving through the canopy refreshing it with CO2 and removing whatever transpiration that has and is happening. Some people like to set up an oscillating fan under the canopy to move air under their but I use 7 gal bags so there isn't much room under the canopy for air to move around and I don't want the bottom fan to make dry spots in the cloth pots so I pointed it up towards the roof so that it creates a suction effect and pulls whatever air is under the canopy and sends it towards the roof where I can suck it out of the tent with the exhaust fan. The pull of air going through the flaps should pull sufficient air under the canopy to keep it refreshed.

Lights on temp/hum range is 75° - 80°/65% - 75% in clone to early veg. 77° - 85°/55% - 65% in main veg/early to mid flower. 72° - 78°/45% - 55% in late flower to harvest. Lights off temp/humidity swing is generally 10° and 10%. After I flipped the girls I setup a tent heater to try and keep lights off temps the same or slightly higher than lights on to keep stretch down to a minimum so in that period lights off temp/humidity is generally the same as lights on.

Hope that gives you a general idea as far as setting up your tent and environmentals! Good Luck Brother!!!

Last edited:
Yup.

I won’t say there is absolutely no dust in there, but my room is torn apart and cleaned at least once a week like the rest of the house. The only bug probs I have ever had was mites from a “gift” clone. I no longer accept “gifts”.
Aww rip,if I bring anything in, it gets a shower
Running the negative pressure is what taught me about WPM. That too was on the advice of someone who claimed it was necessary and best. It’s not.
negative pressure doesn't sound like a good idea
I keep a constant air flow both atop of the canopy and below. I also drop my RH depending on the ripening of the flower.

It has been my experience that small home growers have no need of CO2. As far as commercial grows?
For sure, most are not pushing/maximizing growth rates or yield for schedules/deadlines
I’ve yet to be impressed with anything that comes from a commercial grow. Anything that I have bought from a dispensary called top shelf is the quality of shit that I use in cooking, as smokin it is a waste of good lungs.
Ive not been into a dispensary in awhile, when I do go in here in Tulsa to some, only a few top shelf options stand out for me, most the time I don't get what I'm looking for, gotta do it you're self lol.
My real point was, a lot of that stuff is unnecessary. Companies love all the BS that’s put out as they are there to sell you something.
After thirty plus years of cultivation I’m set in my ways, and when I fire one up, I’m not sorry for it. 🥰
Thankya gran, still a lot to learn.

I just built a mini wall from 1x2's and made half the room a grow room lol. I got the option for positive pressure, negative pressure, and hell even middle pressure lol. I got one inline fan ducting outside of the room which really helps RH, also i got a booster fan bringing air from my central ac vent, even when the heat/ac is off it still lowers my rh and temps. I got a hepa filter inside my room to bring in fresh air from outside. Got a window ac unit and a big ole dehumidifier. Temps and RH are like 90% of a good grow imo.B5CF1B64-FDCB-4A31-9C40-B47A7BAFAECD.jpeg

Want 2 get 2 more for each corner

This will be the next run, 5x setup

Non-complete yet.

Attachments

• 17044387343978194115531006656683.jpg
    17044387343978194115531006656683.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 17044387268733999386626112607126.jpg
    17044387268733999386626112607126.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
  • 17044386971216252271521902999888.jpg
    17044386971216252271521902999888.jpg