Kuwl's Krazy 8's - Auto Pot Grow

I start my auto seeds on seed food with kelp for first two weeks and on third week water in mycorrhizae. In veg they get about 2 mil per gallon of botanicare grow and root enhancer. When flowering starts it gets 2.5 mil botanicare bloom ,2 mil grow , 2 mil Karma and 1 table spoon epsom salts per gallon and i feed every watering. Never tried other bloom additives

I don't know your nutes at all. I don't start adding extra bloom until week 3 with liquid Kool Bloom, then week 6 with dry Kool Bloom.......My normal veg feeds are an even mix of Micro/Grow/Bloom. finishing veg I'm giving them 6/6/6 to week 3 then 5 cal/mag 6/6/10/ 2.5/kb at week 4 - 5/5/5/10/5 + 5 Diamond Nectar/ 1 Hyclean/ 5- H2O2......I feel like a mad scientist stirring everything in my pot with my large 4 ft long spoon...adding some mist or steam rising would make it look cool.
By the looks of it your feed is much different than mine.
Espesially the Cal Mag and Bloom I need to keep my bloom down by half and up the mag by 2x and that should do it.

I start my auto seeds on seed food with kelp for first two weeks and on third week water in mycorrhizae. In veg they get about 2 mil per gallon of botanicare grow and root enhancer. When flowering starts it gets 2.5 mil botanicare bloom ,2 mil grow , 2 mil Karma and 1 table spoon epsom salts per gallon and i feed every watering. Never tried other bloom additives
When I put in Epsom salts the PPM goes up a lot or do you not pay attention to PPM?

When I put in Epsom salts the PPM goes up a lot or do you not pay attention to PPM?
no, not really. with everything added in I can get up to 1300 easy at 6 weeks in flower, I don't look at it at all, maybe once twice a grow but the numbers are irrelevant to me now i'm using the same percentages in the AP's as in soil...so its the basics and watch my plants color, too light add more...too dark add less....

I start feeding at 2/2/2 then 3/3/3, 4/4/4/..5/5/5,and now 6/6/6......Flurolicious at 1ml/gal until they go in the AP's then Diamond Nectar & Hyclean & H202....................my house water must have enough Ca in it because when I've added it early I get lock ups and I didn't need mag until I went under led lights.

I use one tablespoon epsom salt per 5 gallon mix of nutes.I have checked a couple of times for ppm of my mix and its in the seven hundreds but i am using a lot less nutes then your mix.

no, not really. with everything added in I can get up to 1300 easy at 6 weeks in flower, I don't look at it at all, maybe once twice a grow but the numbers are irrelevant to me now i'm using the same percentages in the AP's as in soil...so its the basics and watch my plants color, too light add more...too dark add less....

I start feeding at 2/2/2 then 3/3/3, 4/4/4/..5/5/5,and now 6/6/6......Flurolicious at 1ml/gal until they go in the AP's then Diamond Nectar & Hyclean & H202....................my house water must have enough Ca in it because when I've added it early I get lock ups and I didn't need mag until I went under led lights.
I been paying to much attention to ppm, I see, lol, so, no ppm and no ph, no net I like it!

My veg goes great but going into flower at about the 2nd or 3rd week I start to get into trouble.
I keep saying "this time will be the one" lol It's gonna be happening this time for sure, I know it!! :ROFLMAO:

ok I remember that formula you use haha I forgot it but now that you mention it again I see that is so much different than my chart but makes sense.
and I see some things I can change to make it better, hopefully.

When do you start using Epsom Salts, wk 3 of flower?

I been paying to much attention to ppm, I see, lol, so, no ppm and no ph, no net I like it!

My veg goes great but going into flower at about the 2nd or 3rd week I start to get into trouble.
I keep saying "this time will be the one" lol It's gonna be happening this time for sure, I know it!! :ROFLMAO:

ok I remember that formula you use haha I forgot it but now that you mention it again I see that is so much different than my chart but makes sense.
and I see some things I can change to make it better, hopefully.

When do you start using Epsom Salts, wk 3 of flower?
I use Epsom salts from about 3 weeks into veg until I start adding Cal/mag @ 3 weeks into flower, I find my plants get a bit faded without. The leaves get a yellowish green off color look to them. I use about 1 tsp/gal through veg under the led's and that gives them their color back

Re-potted today ah 2 hrs later, it's done.
I put 4 of the best looking plants into the 2.2 gal pots and
two in 1 gal pots and 2 of the worst ones in mini pots cause of their size.
Both are stunted and not growing as planned haha.
Hoping the one that's not growing, just sitting there looking pretty, will be ok.
Maybe the transplant will wake it up.
I feel like an alchemist putting the soil together with a lil bit of this and a lil bit of that.
Now to wait to see how they grow. The LSD took it hard.
All looked excellent after the transfere but for the LSD, it wilted and had to put sticks up to hold her.
Ahead of my usual schedule but need to speed things up a bit to beat the heat.
Turned on the FC4800 @ 25% with lux at 5k. My 4 tube T5 light is too small to cover them all'
I brought it for my 2 x 2 x 56" tent to veg in which I don't use anymore.
2 steamers on now to keep that humi up there.
When they get bigger I will turn on the occilating fan.
Right now Temp is 76 n RH is 52%

IMG_5294.JPGIMG_5295.JPGIMG_5296.JPGIMG_5297.JPGIMG_5298.JPGIMG_5299.JPG

Nice to see tags with them, its my second grow in a row I've lost 4 out of 6 tags. I was really bad at harvest to, everything went in the dry box and got bagged as they came out. 6 plants in 4 large bags,,,whats what is anybodys guess. no names on anything, its all a sweet surprise...lol...

I guess I mix and match too while smoking or rolling, I just reach in pull out enough smoke to roll a joint or 2 get rid of the fking seeds and smoke....not all buds but most have at least 1 in them. pitfa...lets just hope I did enough cleaning to prevent another disaster this grow.

Nice to see tags with them, its my second grow in a row I've lost 4 out of 6 tags. I was really bad at harvest to, everything went in the dry box and got bagged as they came out. 6 plants in 4 large bags,,,whats what is anybodys guess. no names on anything, its all a sweet surprise...lol...

I guess I mix and match too while smoking or rolling, I just reach in pull out enough smoke to roll a joint or 2 get rid of the fking seeds and smoke....not all buds but most have at least 1 in them. pitfa...lets just hope I did enough cleaning to prevent another disaster this grow.
What's funny is after finishing transplanting the four 2.2 pots I looked at my accomplishment and must have had a look of horror on my face as
I noticed none were tagged hahaha luckly I put the cups in order when I did it so it was easy to put the tags on the right pot.

What's funny is after finishing transplanting the four 2.2 pots I looked at my accomplishment and must have had a look of horror on my face as
I noticed none were tagged hahaha luckly I put the cups in order when I did it so it was easy to put the tags on the right pot.
Kind of what I miss from doing that is deciding what I want to smoke...Quebec Blue? Sour D.? Green Crack?....nope now its just smoke I reach in grab a handful and smoke....I might get a whiff of something recognizable but then its gone...

It must be good though, my chess playing has gone for a shit. I used to be a 1550- 1600 rated player until recently , now I'm lucky to beat 1450 rated opponents, I'm not seeing the big picture. I usually resigned when I saw defeat coming, the last couple of weeks I've been surprised check mated numerous times......my brain is slipping...or.....??? is it just good weed?....lol..

Kind of what I miss from doing that is deciding what I want to smoke...Quebec Blue? Sour D.? Green Crack?....nope now its just smoke I reach in grab a handful and smoke....I might get a whiff of something recognizable but then its gone...

It must be good though, my chess playing has gone for a shit. I used to be a 1550- 1600 rated player until recently , now I'm lucky to beat 1450 rated opponents, I'm not seeing the big picture. I usually resigned when I saw defeat coming, the last couple of weeks I've been surprised check mated numerous times......my brain is slipping...or.....??? is it just good weed?....lol..
Yep I still do and love my last batch, all are really good and smoke well.
I smoke in the daytime now and relax a lot lol but after hitting my head 3 times on the camera mount ( a pipe ), in the grow room,
I decided to spare myself some pain and move it to the opposite side and on the wall so no pipe 🛸

Looks are deciving on one of these plants but the other one is on life support.

The 1st one I've been watching intently is this Blue Dream runt that refuses to grow.
It's got the Peter Pan syndrome, it don't want to grow up.

The second one is almost dead and also refuses to grow or develope in any way.
That is the other Gold Sativa so I'm quite surprized because it's one of the QC seeds
that have an exceptional germination and growth rate. 100% for me with this one exception.

All were in the same soil with the same water and light, so I'm confused at this point on why they not growing.
Any thoughts?
BD looks healthy as heck but won't grow.
GS looks awful and I think it's on it's last leg.
I'm tempted to plant another seed but the other 7 are 2 weeks into it and another seed will be 2 weeks behind.
It's a problem and if I plant another seed I'd better do it today.
Here's 2 pic's of each plant, remember that the BD is deceiving because it's 2 weeks old not 2 days.
Although it looks healthy, it's not.
IMG_5301.JPGIMG_5302.JPGIMG_5303.JPGIMG_5304.JPG
The soil in the re-potted BD has additives and extra Perlite + Gypsum, the GS is in it's original solo cup with just Pro Mix soil which only has 1-2% perlite out of the bag.

Last edited:
3 weeks into veg this Saturday :)
That lil Gold Sativa died and the Blue Dream runt got new leaves and new node too!
It grew a bit but not much so I put a Fruity Pebbles 2.0 seed in a solo as a back up.
It's growing well and will catch up to the BD by next week haha.
Good to have a bu just incase but if they all show fem I will put her in a 3g cloth pot and let her grow.
Soil still wet after I ran some Foliage Pro (5ml per g), for the N, into all the pots as the leaves looked too light green to me.
Hopefully this is not a PH issue as I'm not PH'n my tap water (7.4) at this time, at least till I see problems with it.
Leaves still look to light of green to me.
I increased the light at a slow lvl up over 3 days to 50% @ 16in.
Increased exhaust to 3 on the SF 6in fan.
Moved cam so I don't hit my head.
They look good so far and looking back at my last grow about the same, just lots more of em.
I had to order more worm castings haha ran out but will be here by the time I have to mix more dirt.
IMG_5306.PNG
Ya that's a radio, I like classical music when working down there and leave it on for the plants too!
My wife was doing laundry and asked if I had music playing there and I said yep and she said "I'm crazy" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3 weeks into veg this Saturday :)
That lil Gold Sativa died and the Blue Dream runt got new leaves and new node too!
It grew a bit but not much so I put a Fruity Pebbles 2.0 seed in a solo as a back up.
It's growing well and will catch up to the BD by next week haha.
Good to have a bu just incase but if they all show fem I will put her in a 3g cloth pot and let her grow.
Soil still wet after I ran some Foliage Pro (5ml per g), for the N, into all the pots as the leaves looked too light green to me.
Hopefully this is not a PH issue as I'm not PH'n my tap water (7.4) at this time, at least till I see problems with it.
Leaves still look to light of green to me.
I increased the light at a slow lvl up over 3 days to 50% @ 16in.
Increased exhaust to 3 on the SF 6in fan.
Moved cam so I don't hit my head.
They look good so far and looking back at my last grow about the same, just lots more of em.
I had to order more worm castings haha ran out but will be here by the time I have to mix more dirt.
View attachment 49650
Ya that's a radio, I like classical music when working down there and leave it on for the plants too!
My wife was doing laundry and asked if I had music playing there and I said yep and she said "I'm crazy" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Classical music hey? sophisticated plants, high brow.....you'll have to look after them properly, a pampered life is what they'll expect. You may have to up your nute line.......just go to amzon and click the price high to low...when you select nutrients.......Classical music....lol....I'm just glad its not Opera., We'd have to talk....its like fingernails on a chalkboard to me....It'd rather listen to cats getting eaten by coyotes than Opera.

Veg Week 4
I been repottng the plants and doing what I can to get them in shape.
A BD an GTH are the problem childs in the bunch.
Most others are doing pretty good.

The small one in the gal. pot on the left, in the first pic, is not labeled. forgot, but its a spare just incase
and it's a Fruity Pebbles 2.0 I just repotted her today.

I put 4 of the plants into the 2.2 gal AP's and started her up today.
Early but I'm in a rush as I know humid hot weather that sometimes comes early in May.
So hopefully I'll harvest by then.
AP's working great with no problems so far.
I'll probably repot the rest into the 3.9 gal pots tomorrow.
I'll have to mix a new batch of soil and too tired to do it today.

Got Cold here with 2-3 inches of snow, hate it.

Here's some pic's of the grow so far. C99 and LSD are my best ones.
IMG_5307.JPGIMG_5310.JPGIMG_5311.JPGIMG_5312.JPGIMG_5313.JPGIMG_5315.JPGIMG_5316.JPG
Had to use a second steamer to get it up to 40%
IMG_5317.JPG
Pots are ready to go with air domes and inserts. Better pic next time.
IMG_5318.JPG
Oh ya, I changed the music to classic rock hahaha but think they liked the classical better.
Me I like hard rock, some grunge and blues.

Veg Week 4
I been repottng the plants and doing what I can to get them in shape.
A BD an GTH are the problem childs in the bunch.
Most others are doing pretty good.

The small one in the gal. pot on the left, in the first pic, is not labeled. forgot, but its a spare just incase
and it's a Fruity Pebbles 2.0 I just repotted her today.

I put 4 of the plants into the 2.2 gal AP's and started her up today.
Early but I'm in a rush as I know humid hot weather that sometimes comes early in May.
So hopefully I'll harvest by then.
AP's working great with no problems so far.
I'll probably repot the rest into the 3.9 gal pots tomorrow.
I'll have to mix a new batch of soil and too tired to do it today.

Got Cold here with 2-3 inches of snow, hate it.

Here's some pic's of the grow so far. C99 and LSD are my best ones.
View attachment 51096View attachment 51097View attachment 51098View attachment 51099View attachment 51100View attachment 51101View attachment 51102
Had to use a second steamer to get it up to 40%
View attachment 51103
Pots are ready to go with air domes and inserts. Better pic next time.
View attachment 51104
Oh ya, I changed the music to classic rock hahaha but think they liked the classical better.
Me I like hard rock, some grunge and blues.
Looking great, nice clean set up has to make you feel proud of all the work you had to do to get there. If I were a Carpenter I could do so much with my place but my Crapentry doesn't cut it and I can't afford the guys that can do it.

I call my cats little endorphin pumps, I guess cannabis growing does similar pumping out feel good vibes.....
Ya I let them down cellar with me when I'm working on the plants or doing some cleaning but not when I'm mixing dirt :ROFLMAO:
I have this outside cat that my daughter was feeding but she moved so I took it up for her.
Rango, the alley cat, comes around the back gate where I put some kibble for her. Her left ear is gone mostly, I wish I could take her in but she hisses at me lol.
And there is the dog which is why I feed her outside the gate and not in the yard. American Bullies are very protective.

Panda and Shady watching me on the puter.
IMG_5319.JPG

I have to bring Qnight down here in the morning, he expects it and starts scratching walls and furniture if he doesn't get his way driving my wife nuts. He caught a small bird today so he's a happy cat...bird not so much......proud as punch when he brought it in. Other than a few mice its been a tough winter on him.....He needs to kill something or he's not happy....fkin cats...

I have to bring Qnight down here in the morning, he expects it and starts scratching walls and furniture if he doesn't get his way driving my wife nuts. He caught a small bird today so he's a happy cat...bird not so much......proud as punch when he brought it in. Other than a few mice its been a tough winter on him.....He needs to kill something or he's not happy....fkin cats...
Mines only killed a couple of mice in our house but nothing lately. It's almost fly season and they are really good at catching them.

Mines only killed a couple of mice in our house but nothing lately. It's almost fly season and they are really good at catching them.
I think I've mentioned that my cats have a large outdoor adventure land I've enclosed off the back of our house and a large enclosed deck off the side. The back is open to them year round 24/7 but the side I shut off because there's a cold breeze between the 2 when both are open so only warm days they can go out there.

Still not enough for them, Qnight howells to go out, on the lease and scratches at the door.....Take me out!!!,,,,We created a monster, the other 2 ya they'll go out but its not a big deal to them

The big guy Coal likes to go out but he just wants to eat grass and sniff locally, in our yard, Qnight wants to go, There's about a 2 km hike through the woods we go on when its warm but only once so far and he wants to go 1-2-3 times a daycats playground.JPG

OK here's the final set up, I hope!
Put em into the 3.9 gal pots and turned on the AP System but I put only water into the rez for these 4.
See how each does one has light nutes with an edge on N (Foliage Pro) which gets it up to 500 PPM.
I had to PH the water as it was 7.4 so brought it down to 6.0.
All systems are a go and functioning perfecty after a minor hicup.
One of the black floats was not properly installed and was sticking, no problem with floods tho cause I forgot to turn the shut off valve on.

I also adjusted the TS1000 lights and turned them on full power.
My FC4800 is at 75% right now and will go 100% when I flip em, which migh happen any day now.

Topped em yesterday, hope all this don't interfere with their growth to much.
Dam it forgot what Pipe said about the dryness of the dirt when re-potting.
The last one I did fell apart and made a mess. It was the smallest one in the 3.9's that did it.
Half hour later and more pain in my back that I could stand and was done cleaning up that mess.
I think I will remember that from now on hahaha.

Pic's
This is the insert thingy that you have to poke dirt threw the holes according to the manual.
"This is essential for capillary action to accur" What ever that means.
IMG_5321.JPG
I fill then wet it down.
IMG_5322.JPG
After that I pull the plant out the gal and put it in with great care.
IMG_5322.JPG
I don't know about 17% looks more like 5% amybe so I put in another 50% perlite and it looks like this.
Also lots of other stuff.
IMG_5323.JPG
I like them roots.
IMG_5324.JPG
LSD in the pot. Love the smoke so hope I get a good harvest from it.
IMG_5325.JPG
Done :cool:
Well except for the air line hook up which will do after a few days or a week.

IMG_5327.JPG

I think I've mentioned that my cats have a large outdoor adventure land I've enclosed off the back of our house and a large enclosed deck off the side. The back is open to them year round 24/7 but the side I shut off because there's a cold breeze between the 2 when both are open so only warm days they can go out there.

Still not enough for them, Qnight howells to go out, on the lease and scratches at the door.....Take me out!!!,,,,We created a monster, the other 2 ya they'll go out but its not a big deal to them

The big guy Coal likes to go out but he just wants to eat grass and sniff locally, in our yard, Qnight wants to go, There's about a 2 km hike through the woods we go on when its warm but only once so far and he wants to go 1-2-3 times a dayView attachment 51299
Maybe when this lot deal goes thru.
I'm buying the lot next to us, waiting for the paper work from the lawyers.
Beautiful set up for your cats Pipe, just very cool.

OK here's the final set up, I hope!
Put em into the 3.9 gal pots and turned on the AP System but I put only water into the rez for these 4.
See how each does one has light nutes with an edge on N (Foliage Pro) which gets it up to 500 PPM.
I had to PH the water as it was 7.4 so brought it down to 6.0.
All systems are a go and functioning perfecty after a minor hicup.
One of the black floats was not properly installed and was sticking, no problem with floods tho cause I forgot to turn the shut off valve on.

I also adjusted the TS1000 lights and turned them on full power.
My FC4800 is at 75% right now and will go 100% when I flip em, which migh happen any day now.

Topped em yesterday, hope all this don't interfere with their growth to much.
Dam it forgot what Pipe said about the dryness of the dirt when re-potting.
The last one I did fell apart and made a mess. It was the smallest one in the 3.9's that did it.
Half hour later and more pain in my back that I could stand and was done cleaning up that mess.
I think I will remember that from now on hahaha.

Pic's
This is the insert thingy that you have to poke dirt threw the holes according to the manual.
"This is essential for capillary action to accur" What ever that means.
View attachment 51303
I fill then wet it down.
View attachment 51304
After that I pull the plant out the gal and put it in with great care.
View attachment 51304
I don't know about 17% looks more like 5% amybe so I put in another 50% perlite and it looks like this.
Also lots of other stuff.
View attachment 51305
I like them roots.
View attachment 51306
LSD in the pot. Love the smoke so hope I get a good harvest from it.
View attachment 51307
Done :cool:
Well except for the air line hook up which will do after a few days or a week.

View attachment 51308
I would wet that tub full of soil with at least a gallon maybe more, I like it all damp before I transplant into it, then after transplanting I feed enough to saturate the pot, close to another 1/2 gallon all around to seat my plants into their new home.

A day or 2 later I turn on the pots. I had to top feed 1 plant a few days later that wasn't feeding yet, I could see the leaves hanging a bit. If the pot you are planting out of is dry just add a bit of water so that it doesn't fall apart when you pull it out of its pot and let it sit for a few min.

Capillary action is water going uphill.
Like a sponge type behavior.
Looking good man~!

Back
Top Bottom