Nesta’s DWC Attempt

Nesta

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
Whats up everyone! Sorry, I have been MIA as of late. Started a new job and work has been crazy, on top of the kids sports schedule. My last run had major issues and I found out my pH pen was way off. Keep them babies calibrated! I harvested those plants last week and I’m now starting a new run, this time giving DWC a try. Thanks for the nudge @SweetLeafGrow! So, I have a single Gary Payton clone, running in a PAH 8 Gal tub. Alongside the DWC, I will have Gary Payton, Trop Cherry, and Pluto running in coco.

Right now everything is under an HLG 100 V2. Once they get a bit bigger I will throw them under the Phlizon FD 8000.

I’m currently running Canna Coco A&B in the DWC along with Fulvic and Southern AG GFF. I figured I’d use up the Coco nutes on hand and then switch it up to Hydro specific nutes. Changed the res today and am sitting at 430 PPM, .9 ec and 5.8 PH. Twin airstones that come with the bucket are running inside.

I’m new to DWC so all feedback and suggestions are welcome! This clone was taken 3 1/2 weeks in a flower, which is why it doesn’t look so great and you can see is starting to reveg. You can’t tell in the pic, but the roots are just now touching the top of the water.

IMG_0453.jpeg
IMG_0452.jpeg
IMG_0455.jpeg

Do you plan on staying in water/hydro?
A meter beyond your pH pen like a blue lab Guardian or HM digital hydro master [ HM 500] will make life and stability easier.
That all depends on how this goes! If all goes well, I would like to try a 4 plant RDWC next. I definitely need to upgrade my monitoring equipment!

Awesome, this is going to be fun. How many gallons of water are you able to get in the system? We had talked about using smaller 3.75" net pots and this is the reason I like to use these is because it allows significantly more water in the system which is a plus.

I'm glad I got my feet wet in the single site system. For some reason, the 4 site system has been a bit of a challenge even though you would think its exactly the same. I also got a new light at the same time and has been a learning curve with that too so could be some of the cause of my issues. The Cement Shoes will hopefully be the grow that I dial this system in with.

I've been pretty happy with my HM 500's and they are significantly cheaper than the Blue Lab.

Awesome, this is going to be fun. How many gallons of water are you able to get in the system? We had talked about using smaller 3.75" net pots and this is the reason I like to use these is because it allows significantly more water in the system which is a plus.

I'm glad I got my feet wet in the single site system. For some reason, the 4 site system has been a bit of a challenge even though you would think its exactly the same. I also got a new light at the same time and has been a learning curve with that too so could be some of the cause of my issues. The Cement Shoes will hopefully be the grow that I dial this system in with.

I've been pretty happy with my HM 500's and they are significantly cheaper than the Blue Lab.
Right on SLG! Thanks for stopping by. I had already committed to the 8” net pot that came with the system, so I had to ride it out. Right now I’m fitting 5 gallons into the 8 gallon bucket. It’s probably not the worst thing in the world because I’m so used to mixing 5 gallons of nutrients that it may make this process easier for the first go around. I plan on running the 3.75 net pot going forward.

Here we are about a week and a half later. So far so good. Roots are now hitting the water. Res is running 500ppm, 1ec and 5.8 PH. Will get a shot of the root on the next update. Shes growing a bit sideways, but I think thats because the clone was taken so late in flower. Stay high my friends.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpeg
    IMG_0512.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom