Nesta’s World

These are fems im guessing? I guess fems cause you say it hermed.
My current run of fems, (real sour okie and triangle kush okie from tengu) shot balls all over the place for the first 3.5 weeks of flower. Plants are turning out amazing, but i didnt enjoy the daily cleanup.
These are regs, but on 18/6 lighting. Shouldn’t be throwing anything just yet.

After asking myself the same question and keeping them and then having the runt finish with the nicest buds… I learned that i will never count a runt out. That wont always be the case but only one way to know.

Your plants are looking great man
Nice plants you got there I’m late as usual but I’d grow that girl

Those were reg seeds and I would’ve kept the male, but not one that’s throwing balls this early in veg. If one of the others turns to be a male further down the road, I would likely keep it.
This is what males will do even in veg sadly..I’ve had them from week 4 ..your nxt run you will b able to put in extras ..those solo cups don’t take up much room..I’m thinking bout doing some regs nxt grow.I’ll prolly put them in a little bigger pot just so the roots don’t get compacted too much..they really surprise me how well and how long you can keep them in tiny pots..

Last edited:
This is what males will do even in veg sadly..I’ve had them from week 4 ..your nxt run you will b able to put in extras ..those solo cups don’t take up much room..I’m thinking bout doing some regs nxt grow.I’ll prolly put them in a little bigger pot just so the roots don’t get compacted too much..they really surprise me how well and how long you can keep them in tiny pots..
thanks Max. This is my first time growing regs in 20 years. I just dont remember them throwing balls so early!

These are fems im guessing? I guess fems cause you say it hermed.
My current run of fems, (real sour okie and triangle kush okie from tengu) shot balls all over the place for the first 3.5 weeks of flower. Plants are turning out amazing, but i didnt enjoy the daily cleanup.
Sorry to hear this. That is just a case of pollen chucking and grabbing cash from an unsuspecting purchaser. I have already seen this clown talk about taking clones from mothers to prevent hermies. This is another joke as well. Again sorry for your experience!

Sorry to hear this. That is just a case of pollen chucking and grabbing cash from an unsuspecting purchaser. I have already seen this clown talk about taking clones from mothers to prevent hermies. This is another joke as well. Again sorry for your experience!
Live and learn man, thats all i can say about it at this point lol.
DFG will be who i purchase from next, i wish i could get solid clones cause id only buy seeds here and there, but everyone i know that slings clones wants 100+ and i just cant do that kinda price, not as a small scale grower, i only grow for my wife and me.

Live and learn man, thats all i can say about it at this point lol.
DFG will be who i purchase from next, i wish i could get solid clones cause id only buy seeds here and there, but everyone i know that slings clones wants 100+ and i just cant do that kinda price, not as a small scale grower, i only grow for my wife and me.

I also have testers as well that I only charge shipping and a commitment to grow em and take photos and tell me how they smoke, do not vault or resell them. I totally get money being tight...going back to college in my 30s has me in that boat wondering if its worth the cost.

the only time I've seen a difference in that was from super thin leaf heirloom types. where the seed mom wants to throw some bananas but the clone wont, but I also think that's more to do with sexual maturity of plants and maintaining health for longer periods of time. Alot of truly thin leaf stuff wont trigger until its big, so that first run in flower could be 16 -20 weeks, but from clones pulled off that mom the time can be more in the 12 week range. but in general.... herm is herm, if it herms once, it most certainly can, and likely at some point, will herm again. that has been my experience anyway....and I've popped and ran and overseen the running of....more than a few lol seeds. Some things at least do the sterile herms - like the chem d cut I got from hazeman, indoors especially, some runs she would banana up all over, but never would find any seeds. Had a dog Kush cut that was like that as well. I've also seen a handful of missed bananas fully seed out the tops of a 100' greenhouse lol. nature is crazy

I also have testers as well that I only charge shipping and a commitment to grow em and take photos and tell me how they smoke, do not vault or resell them. I totally get money being tight...going back to college in my 30s has me in that boat wondering if its worth the cost.
I saw that, i posted in your tester thread just lmk, id be more than happy to run testers for you without a doubt im just completely full until like the beginning of July.

Yeah i know all about it man, well not college, never went. But only making 1800 a month with 2 kids and bills is really hard.
Just gotta make it 4 more months til little dude is in school and income will double... without falling behind would be nice but thats not gonna happen lmao.

the only time I've seen a difference in that was from super thin leaf heirloom types. where the seed mom wants to throw some bananas but the clone wont, but I also think that's more to do with sexual maturity of plants and maintaining health for longer periods of time. Alot of truly thin leaf stuff wont trigger until its big, so that first run in flower could be 16 -20 weeks, but from clones pulled off that mom the time can be more in the 12 week range. but in general.... herm is herm, if it herms once, it most certainly can, and likely at some point, will herm again. that has been my experience anyway....and I've popped and ran and overseen the running of....more than a few lol seeds. Some things at least do the sterile herms - like the chem d cut I got from hazeman, indoors especially, some runs she would banana up all over, but never would find any seeds. Had a dog Kush cut that was like that as well. I've also seen a handful of missed bananas fully seed out the tops of a 100' greenhouse lol. nature is crazy
Some interesting info to say the least. The Clone going 4 weeks short has me really confused, I mean technically the clone is suppose to be an identical genetic copy of the mother plant. Wait I remember something about this, there was a guy on Spotify, he had a channel called shaping fire. I am going to screw up his name but it was something like Shango Lust. Anyways he had a breeder on one show. It might have been dungeon vault genetics. That guy mentioned something that could explain the shorter flower time. He stated when you take a plant out of its natural environment it will morph pretty quickly. It might have something to do with the change in environment because it sounds like you are talking about strains located very close to the equator and stuff.

Some interesting info to say the least. The Clone going 4 weeks short has me really confused, I mean technically the clone is suppose to be an identical genetic copy of the mother plant. Wait I remember something about this, there was a guy on Spotify, he had a channel called shaping fire. I am going to screw up his name but it was something like Shango Lust. Anyways he had a breeder on one show. It might have been dungeon vault genetics. That guy mentioned something that could explain the shorter flower time. He stated when you take a plant out of its natural environment it will morph pretty quickly. It might have something to do with the change in environment because it sounds like you are talking about strains located very close to the equator and stuff.

yea the trigger time is built into genetics. Something that isn't really spoken about in the mainstream.. Like for example - an 8 week flower time that triggers june 15th vs 8 week time that triggers at july 7th outdoor. Both are technically 8 week flower time, but one will harvest early then other. With the tropical equatorial stuff where daylight hours are incredibly similar, that trigger response is delayed esp from seed plants. Clones are copies - but clones are also generally sexually mature while seed mothers generally take time to reach sexual maturity in order to start flower. You could root a clone and flip it immediately and it triggers different then the seed mom. or you could start equatorial lines right under 12/12 and normal genetics under 12/12 - standard genetics likely will end up with a mini plant while the equatorial line might get 4 foot tall before it actually starts stretching and flowering.

The Wedding Cake clone is in the middle. Its small and spindly right now, but should fill in. Everything else is humming along. So far no noticeable difference between perlite/no-perlite. If anything, the no-perlite plants appear to be growing faster, but that could be the genetics.
IMG_1684.jpeg
IMG_1685.jpeg

The Wedding Cake clone is in the middle. Its small and spindly right now, but should fill in. Everything else is humming along. So far no noticeable difference between perlite/no-perlite. If anything, the no-perlite plants appear to be growing faster, but that could be the genetics.
View attachment 6165
View attachment 6166
Nesta I believe there are two different types of Wedding Cake. I had one about 7 years ago that was short bushy and shocky branching. There is another one that I had but never flowered that was much more sativa leaning. I believe the Sativa leaner is the better one from what little I know.
Is the wedding cake the 2nd one in from the left?

Nesta I believe there are two different types of Wedding Cake. I had one about 7 years ago that was short bushy and shocky branching. There is another one that I had but never flowered that was much more sativa leaning. I believe the Sativa leaner is the better one from what little I know.
Is the wedding cake the 2nd one in from the left?
This is supposed to be the jbeezy wedding cake cut. It is second one in from the left in the middle row. This pic is not a good depiction of what the strain looks like because it was a neglected clone. I took from a mother 2 weeks into flower. It went through a little re-veg.

Back
Top Bottom