Scotty's 2nd Run

Scotty 420

Dank Daredevil
Reaction score
So my tent is finally cleared out & ready so it was time to pop some new beans. I did some shopping at Greenpoint & got a couple deals on reverse auctions, so here's what we're running.

2 - https://greenpointseeds.com/onyx-cookies-feminized-seeds/

2 - https://greenpointseeds.com/coffee-crisps-feminized-seeds/

2 - https://greenpointseeds.com/grape-jelly-feminized-seeds/

Here's my basic setup:

4x4x7 Vivosun Tent
2 - Vivosun VS1000 LED's
1 - Vivosun VS2000 LED
6" exhaust with booster fan inline, vented outside
Running heater/humidifier/exhaust with a controller 69
Using the @CannaGranny method once again because it worked beautifully last time.

Also I'm in the process of setting up a veg tent so that when I switch to flower I plan to pop some more so I can set up perpetual. Found some cheap LED's on Amazon & have my tent on the way (should be here Wednesday). Here's the basic setup I'm going for at this point just need the exhaust & I'm pretty much ready to go:

AC Infinity CLOUDLAB 733 Advance Grow Tent
3 - SZHLUX LED Grow Light 2ft for Indoor Plants 40W
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE PRO T4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity VPD Controller, WiFi Integrated App Control

Off to a good start 6/6 popped & above soil, pictures are 3 & 4 days after I started soaking the seeds.

20230918_215327.jpg20230917_175135.jpg

NICE~!
@Stoneyluv and @Bandit420 are your Greenpoint go 2's I believe.
Prepare for good stuff~!
Yeah I've seen them both mention it. I think Bandit said he's run almost all their stuff. I actually ran some of their Bananimal on my 1st run, turned out really nice. But they just have such good deals especially if you stay up late & watch reverse auctions late into the night, I've gotten a few 6 packs (I've actually always gotten 7 in a 6 pack) for $20 or less. But even just buying outside the reverse auctions they have lots of strains for about $30-$40, and you can get $5 off if you leave a review.

Yeah I've seen them both mention it. I think Bandit said he's run almost all their stuff. I actually ran some of their Bananimal on my 1st run, turned out really nice. But they just have such good deals especially if you stay up late & watch reverse auctions late into the night, I've gotten a few 6 packs (I've actually always gotten 7 in a 6 pack) for $20 or less. But even just buying outside the reverse auctions they have lots of strains for about $30-$40, and you can get $5 off if you leave a review.

sounds like you know the deal Scotty 420!! i've never grown any of those three, but they all look like something i would choose. in fact i never even seen the grape jelly so i gotta keep my eye out for that one!!

one other tip... when they say the coupon expires at the end of the month and it's three months later try it anyway, i've had some old coupons still work. and sometimes they give you $5 coupon just for leaving stuff in your cart for a week or two!!

but yeah man, i'm along for the ride for sure, can't wait to see you grow em out!!! 6/6 lookin great!!!

Hey Scotty, looking forward to this.

If you want to hang on to the genetics just in case you find a keeper, I got my tissue culture lab set back up finally. Save me the tops when you snip them and I'll give them back to you in a couple months when you get to try the product and see what's good. Disease and pest free and easy to store for months.

If you want to hang on to the genetics just in case you find a keeper, I got my tissue culture lab set back up finally. Save me the tops when you snip them and I'll give them back to you in a couple months when you get to try the product and see what's good. Disease and pest free and easy to store for months.
Wow, that would be awesome!! I'll get with you when I'm getting ready to top. Thanks man!!

Moe, I've always been interested in this but nobody could ever answer my basic questions. can i pick your brain on a couple basic questions?

"store for months" was always one of my biggest questions so that makes me want to try now.

Moe, I've always been interested in this but nobody could ever answer my basic questions. can i pick your brain on a couple basic questions?

"store for months" was always one of my biggest questions so that makes me want to try now.
I suppose grow very slowly for months is the more accurate way to say it.

There is more than one way to do it. Using tiny pieces of plants (including just root bits) called explants using a particular process you end up growing a blob first which are all stem cells. Then over time and a couple media swaps it arranges itself back into a plant. That process can take 6 months. Or you can start with a proper clone sized cutting and different media and it is way faster.

You can also slow things way down for storage using refrigeration.

I hope to have Saturday to myself and I’ll be doing a run. I’ll try to document that and put it on my thread.

I suppose grow very slowly for months is the more accurate way to say it.

There is more than one way to do it. Using tiny pieces of plants (including just root bits) called explants using a particular process you end up growing a blob first which are all stem cells. Then over time and a couple media swaps it arranges itself back into a plant. That process can take 6 months. Or you can start with a proper clone sized cutting and different media and it is way faster.

You can also slow things way down for storage using refrigeration.

I hope to have Saturday to myself and I’ll be doing a run. I’ll try to document that and put it on my thread.

that would be very cool man, even if it's only pics.. ya know, they speak a thousand words sometimes!! hehe

i didn't realize i could drag it out six months or maybe more. even more interested now!

what does it take to start the clock over again, do you need to grow it out and culture that? or can you take a culture of another culture and keep it small?

sorry Scotty, not trying to hijack your thread or anything...

Quick update, not really a whole lot to report, all 6 seem to be progressing nicely. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks from soaking the seeds.
20230925_212734.jpg

Also got the 2nd tent set up, the AC Infinity tent is definitely nice. Can really tell a difference in quality from the Vivosun tent. Basically just need to get my exhaust fan, figure out getting it vented outside & it's ready to go.
20230925_212714.jpg

Looking like a good start dude! I checked out those reverse auctions on gp site...real neat never seen those before personally. Think they got one on there with Texas shoreline i wanted to pick up a while back...I'm gonna snag it if it hits the auction for sure. Thanks for putting me on to that.

Looking like a good start dude! I checked out those reverse auctions on gp site...real neat never seen those before personally. Think they got one on there with Texas shoreline i wanted to pick up a while back...I'm gonna snag it if it hits the auction for sure. Thanks for putting me on to that.
Actually I just looked & it looks like they're having one of their big RA events, there are usually 3 strains at a time, there are currently 3 full pages all on RA.

This the one you looking for? It's on RA right now

Actually I just looked & it looks like they're having one of their big RA events, there are usually 3 strains at a time, there are currently 3 full pages all on RA.

Yep...and it would be after I just shot my wad on a light lmfao...I take it that bananimal you ran was an animal cookies cross? How you liking that one? I have never gotten primo animal cookies always just some glorified midsy type bags of it...ever had killer animal cookies? If so did the bananimal lean that way? Looked chalky af

99 questions my bad, highhhh

i just scored a pack of grape jelly and a pack of bubbles!! :)

i just scored a pack of grape jelly and a pack of bubbles!! :)
I'm in the dog house over it,, just the 1 pack for 19.16 or some shit lmao. I don't do credit I still live like a cash only street dealer lol so I had to ask my wife. "Oh so you got a light now seeds and I don't have my stove". Fun police, let's call it like it is...she allows for zero fun...infact anything I enjoy she tears down so idk....whatever

Ruin my good time, all the time 😝 kma!

Yep...and it would be after I just shot my wad on a light lmfao...I take it that bananimal you ran was an animal cookies cross? How you liking that one? I have never gotten primo animal cookies always just some glorified midsy type bags of it...ever had killer animal cookies? If so did the bananimal lean that way? Looked chalky af

99 questions my bad, highhhh
Yeah it was animal cookies & some kind of banana kush. I've never had any animal cookies that I'm aware of, but to me it has a decently strong taste of green bananas so I think the banana kush might have overpowered the AC, but again I don't really know the AC flavor so it could be there & I'm just not noticing it. As far as the high, I'm definitely happy with it, although admittedly I'm not one who notices a huge differences in the effects of different strains.

Lurking in and surprised to see another greenpoint grower!!!
Thanks for the RA reminder Y'all! I almost forgot🫠

I'm hunting the Grape Jelly now too. Scored a tester pack of Max AC already this morning for only $25 🥳

I feel you. Wife barely let me get dirt. Not even gonna ask about seeds! Shell rip my nuts off for even asking...
LOL yeah anytime I need anything I just order it & wait for the wife to see it on the CC statement. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Granted not dropping like $150 a week at the dispensary has bought me a little wiggle room. She practically begged me to buy the 2nd tent, she was like "how do we make sure there's no lapse" I said "give me about $400 to set up another tent"

her response was basically:
img}

LOL yeah anytime I need anything I just order it & wait for the wife to see it on the CC statement. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Granted not dropping like $150 a week at the dispensary has bought me a little wiggle room. She practically begged me to buy the 2nd tent, she was like "how do we make sure there's no lapse" I said "give me about $400 to set up another tent"

her response was basically:
img}
Ill be gray haired and using a walker by the time my wife says yes to a FOURTH tent.
Im trying but im not getting very far... lmao

She wasnt happy when i got the 4x4 without asking.... so im kinda effed at the moment lol.

I'm married to someone other than the person I married. She bitches at me for stuff but I've basically been the same person all along. She's been an alcoholic, a pain script dependant, and now she smokes so much weed I think she is trying to give her buzz a buzz.

I don't wanna sound like I hate her, I love parts of her but man...she has turned into her mother after her mother died...crazy (her mom was certified crazy for sure mental illness bad)

So many fazes all based around dependency. She got with me when it was hustling #s....hindsight is always 20/20

But she smokes 2 zips a week herself, 2.5 on a bad week. And it all comes after hours when she gets home so it's like 10 joints in a span of 4 hours. Don't matter how good the weed is. She'd spend even more on dabs if I hadn't "lost" the rig. It's a nightmare to be honest...easy spending 12-1500 a month on herself and there's just no way as a parent I'd ever think my habits were worth taking that much away from my kids

Scotty you said you knocked back like a pound...think about that she'd smoke it all by week 8 of the next flower cycle...if the strain goes 9 to 10 weeks and add in dry time....fuck...I literally gotta grow like 2 pounds per run to keep her outta the dispos...she says shit sometimes like "I didn't know I was high til I tried to do that"...well I knew😒...also I find it unattractive that she smokes more than me...and by alot...quarter a week maybe less for me

I'm married to someone other than the person I married. She bitches at me for stuff but I've basically been the same person all along. She's been an alcoholic, a pain script dependant, and now she smokes so much weed I think she is trying to give her buzz a buzz.

I don't wanna sound like I hate her, I love parts of her but man...she has turned into her mother after her mother died...crazy (her mom was certified crazy for sure mental illness bad)

So many fazes all based around dependency. She got with me when it was hustling #s....hindsight is always 20/20

But she smokes 2 zips a week herself, 2.5 on a bad week. And it all comes after hours when she gets home so it's like 10 joints in a span of 4 hours. Don't matter how good the weed is. She'd spend even more on dabs if I hadn't "lost" the rig. It's a nightmare to be honest...easy spending 12-1500 a month on herself and there's just no way as a parent I'd ever think my habits were worth taking that much away from my kids

Scotty you said you knocked back like a pound...think about that she'd smoke it all by week 8 of the next flower cycle...if the strain goes 9 to 10 weeks and add in dry time....fuck...I literally gotta grow like 2 pounds per run to keep her outta the dispos...she says shit sometimes like "I didn't know I was high til I tried to do that"...well I knew😒...also I find it unattractive that she smokes more than me...and by alot...quarter a week maybe less for me
Damn bro, sorry to hear that. I mean I guess smoking a ton of weed is better than being an alcoholic or addicted to pain meds, but like you said I can't imagine going through that amount of money when I know it would affect the amount of things I can do with my kid. I mean if you got a ton of disposable income smoke yourself retarded, but how many of us can afford that type of a habit without it affecting other areas of our life.

And honestly if it's like that $20 for 6 seeds that will prevent her from blowing thousands at the dispensary is money well spent. Like I always tell my wife, it's an investment 🤣

Just a quick update, we're in week 3. Not much to report, everyone seems to be healthy and growing.

20231001_111416.jpg

Got a commission check from work so I was able to order basically everything I need to finish setting up my veg tent. It's all supposed to be here today. 😀

Just a quick update, we're in week 3. Not much to report, everyone seems to be healthy and growing.

View attachment 23746

Got a commission check from work so I was able to order basically everything I need to finish setting up my veg tent. It's all supposed to be here today. 😀
Will you be topping them? A good rule of thumb is after the 4th node

Been slacking on updating this. Everything still going pretty smoothly. We're 4 weeks from popping (pictures are from 4 days ago)

20231006_090724.jpg20231006_090645.jpg

Actually going to be up potting tonight, planned on doing it during the weekend, but I was busy Friday and Saturday and planned on getting my Happy Frog as well as some other amendments Sunday. Picked up the amendments at Lowe's and headed to the local hydro shop to get my Happy Frog. Notice the shop is closed, I remembered they were closed a couple days a week, turns out Sunday and Monday they are closed. No big deal, there's another grow shop 10 minutes to the West so I head there only to discover they've gone to fall hours and are only open Wed-Sat.

So nothing open, nothing supposed to be open for a couple days, not a huge deal I'm just having to water like every day at this point. I actually ended up driving past another place on Monday for work, but was pretty sure they also weren't open Mondays and I was going to be able to get it locally Tuesday anyway.

So today I go back by there and they're still not open. That's when I notice the sign saying the location is closed. I looked and the place I drove right past yesterday was open. So I got to make another trip on my lunch break, why do I always seem to have these issues locating Happy Frog.

My 1st grow got off to a rough start when I had beans popped ready to go into dirt and when I went to buy it I found no one that stocked Happy Frog open. I ended up finding a bag that must have been poorly stored and ended up killing so many plants & wasting like 2 months getting off the ground.

I'll update with some pics in their new homes tonight

Been slacking on updating this. Everything still going pretty smoothly. We're 4 weeks from popping (pictures are from 4 days ago)

View attachment 24979View attachment 24980

Actually going to be up potting tonight, planned on doing it during the weekend, but I was busy Friday and Saturday and planned on getting my Happy Frog as well as some other amendments Sunday. Picked up the amendments at Lowe's and headed to the local hydro shop to get my Happy Frog. Notice the shop is closed, I remembered they were closed a couple days a week, turns out Sunday and Monday they are closed. No big deal, there's another grow shop 10 minutes to the West so I head there only to discover they've gone to fall hours and are only open Wed-Sat.

So nothing open, nothing supposed to be open for a couple days, not a huge deal I'm just having to water like every day at this point. I actually ended up driving past another place on Monday for work, but was pretty sure they also weren't open Mondays and I was going to be able to get it locally Tuesday anyway.

So today I go back by there and they're still not open. That's when I notice the sign saying the location is closed. I looked and the place I drove right past yesterday was open. So I got to make another trip on my lunch break, why do I always seem to have these issues locating Happy Frog.

My 1st grow got off to a rough start when I had beans popped ready to go into dirt and when I went to buy it I found no one that stocked Happy Frog open. I ended up finding a bag that must have been poorly stored and ended up killing so many plants & wasting like 2 months getting off the ground.

I'll update with some pics in their new homes tonight

Worst case scenario there is a grow generation off 270 about 5 mins past the mills mall from you. Open 7 days a week I think...I'm sure you will find it though. They burn thru alot of it though so it stays pretty fresh

Worst case scenario there is a grow generation off 270 about 5 mins past the mills mall from you. Open 7 days a week I think...I'm sure you will find it though. They burn thru alot of it though so it stays pretty fresh
The funny thing is I was in Wentzville which is like 5-10 minutes from where I ended up going (and as it turns out now they are open 7 days a week) But I thought I could avoid going 5-10 minutes in the opposite direction & it ended up causing me to drive 10 minutes further West for a shop that also wasn't open anyway & then driving 25 minutes back to O'Fallon after delaying 2 days.

It always feels like I'm just going to run grab a bag of dirt & then it ends up being an ordeal. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom