SSHZ does Ethos "Mandarin Cookies R3"

Uno I was reading what nevil mentioned about the nl#5 that it is a true female plant.he has tried to reverse it and while it did come out in ball sacks ..all were empty.I can’t remember what he mentioned to cross it with so you get true females.I gather if I purchased Todds and I could get it to reverse then they wouldn’t b the ones nevil used from seattle Greg..

what nevil said.
Just a few thoughts on feminised seed.

I've used fruiting hormones on HzC male to get it to produce female flowers. HzC squared. We still have some of these old seeds. They produced real males and real females.

I've used Gibberelic acid on NL5 to try to get it to produce male flowers. It did, about 5 flowers in a whole room full. The Anthers did NOT contain pollen. NL5 was a true female. A true female will not produce pollen. The ability to produce pollen is a hermaphroditic trait, which may be suppressed, but must be present to produce pollen.

There is a use for feminised seed in breeding, you get to see what the "males" phenotype is before crossing. 50% of the offspring will be true females, the only way to tell is to try and get pollen from the selected female. If it won't produce pollen it's a true female.

There is a better way to do things and that is to feminise the male to check the phenotype. I did this with my Red and Blue lines of Sk1 and got great results.
N.

Last edited:
I wonder if others have had any luck with reversing the NL...maybe nevil didn't get it right? Idk...he prolly right tho

The 100 for 50 seed deal is a killer one I'd swoop if I didn't have kids lol. Just weird when you read the description it says 33 seeds. Well, which is it Todd?

Honestly, grow out a bunch and select the best #5 female. Do the same with the NL#2, which leans to the sativa side. My best strain EVER was the 5x2, which I grew for a couple of years in the late 80’s. Smelled like juniper berries, I’d smoke it in the evening and was still buzzing when I woke up the next morning. Had to shower to clear out my head. I’d give my left nut for a couple of those old seeds.

Haha..give Todd a buzz then and lose that left nut ..I’ll keep mine abit longer..

I wouldn’t mind 3-4 strains he’s got..on this other site he mentions the skunk#1 is hermi prone..

Last edited:
Irie Seeds has a nice sale going on......I highly recommend the Orange Gasm. I own the Lemon Jeffries too but have not grown them out yet.

BLACK FRIDAY REMINDER!​

Don’t miss the final days of the Irie Direct Black Friday Sale!

Prices are reduced and inventory is stocked!

Get Orange Gasm Feminized Seeds for $50!

Get Lemon Jeffery Feminized Seeds for $50!

Grab a pack of Inspector Royale for $10!

Drop by now for current pricing and inventory!

Thank you for your support!

www.iriedirect.com

Another good sale.....

$300
$50 RAINBOW OG
LIMITED BUNDLE
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

12-pack ALL-NEW Rainbow OG (RS-11 x LIT OG) …+
bag of Cherry Lemonade gummies +
ALL-NEW Watermelon Mimosa 2 gram vape
...for only $50! $250 savings!​

Some of the Mandarins seem runty, so i started some DragonFlames freebies, 7 GMO X Orange Dream's. I'll fill these in where necessary over the next few days...........if plants don't want to grow well from the start, they have no place in my room. Fuck'em.

I was pretty surprised when all popped for you.
But I guess I really had trouble getting them to grow out of the dirt early on after popping.
This will be more fun for me than to you grow more than one strain.

Last edited:
Fun for you, not for me........always makes for a more difficult grow. I'll have to make 2 decisions on everything i.e. defoliating, veg and flowering time, nutrient requirements, etc. I'll detail the freebie when time allows.....

I agree and appreciate it.
I am excited to see how you handle multiple strains.
I got 2 DFG in dirt and 2 soon to ready for dirt.
They will join the room.
If you have a headache I should have a migraine~!
I know I don't push or demand as much as you, but sure would love to do as good as you.
I am watching this grow with 9 :unsure: maybe 10 strains myself this go around [ again for a repeat grow ].
I wonder what it would be like to grow only one. I imagine it would be much more straight forward.
If I could offer any advice I know is true with my limited knowledge it would be grow no stress.
That is for you~!
Stress the fuck out of them if they make you.
I am super hopeful to do the DFG this grow instead of waiting.
Look at it like you are saving time finding out?
2 grows in one cycle.👊
You got it.:cool:
Hope your feeling well.

Roots, LED sent today. There on Friday. I messaged you.

So, 6 Mandarins were replaced with Jeff's MAC hybrid. Just wasn't happy with some of the Mandarins early growth. I'll post more when there's something new to post.

Back to surgeon yesterday. Doing ok but pissed what the Dr's don't tell you before surgery. Long recovery, about 4 months total for complete healing. Then if I wish to correct some other issues from the surgery, I'll need another round of surgery. But overall, no pain, just very minor discomfort.

Jeff's MAC off too a slow start too..........only 3 of 6 have popped thru the soil. I started some other freebies just in case. 8 days into veg, i may just go with 18 plants this time, give them all more room. The wife has been urging me to reduce plant count anyway.

Roots, LED sent today. There on Friday. I messaged you.

So, 6 Mandarins were replaced with Jeff's MAC hybrid. Just wasn't happy with some of the Mandarins early growth. I'll post more when there's something new to post.

Back to surgeon yesterday. Doing ok but pissed what the Dr's don't tell you before surgery. Long recovery, about 4 months total for complete healing. Then if I wish to correct some other issues from the surgery, I'll need another round of surgery. But overall, no pain, just very minor discomfort.
Got your PM! 👍

I felt the same way but when I asked the Doc what I could expect he said it depended on how committed I was to rehab and that it could take up to a year until I got full function back but to not expect my old ass to bounce back like when I was younger. So far the Doc and rehab girls have been surprised at the progress. I'm hoping you have the same experience. I ain't 100% yet but I'm getting there!!!

So, i pulled out the 3 MAC's that did pop up thru the soil, and they would probably have been fine over the long run. Instead, i started 6 Ethos "Pie Face #4 (Cherry Pheno) x Blueberry Bubba". All 6 of these popped up in a day, and are already in their pots. They just seem fresher and more energetic, and more likely to catch up to the Mandarin's.

My stuff is not at serious as what you appear to be going thru. I have (had) an infection eating the bone away in my sinuses, which started after 2 root canals failed, and the infection from the teeth roots spread to the gums and then the bone and into the sinus cavity. Along with removing some teeth, gum, bone and then a large cyst inside my sinus cavity, much of the area had to be rebuilt so my face would not be distorted, and i can continue being the good looking chap I've always been.

So not much to do but let everything heal, about 4 months total the surgeon told me earlier in the week. Back again this coming January to surgeon and still waiting for pathology report to make sure no cancer or anything else nasty was taken out.........biggest issue is i can only eat on my right side or food would/could get up into my nose/sinus cavity which would create a whole new set of problems.

Thanks buddy........i have a serious case of bronchitis, and that, along with recovering from the surgery, has taken a real toll on me. I pulled the Ethos testers, so that only leaves me with 18 of the Mandarin Cookies. I'm barely spending more than a minute in the room daily, other than when I have to water. Just can't catch a break right now, watching football and not doing much else......

Tuesday will be 3 weeks in flowering for these, they may need near 5 weeks to get them to a size I like before flowering. I'll get back to more posting when i start to feel better.

Sickness seems to be everywhere.......I called for an appt. with my regular Dr. And the soonest he could see me was 3 weeks........like, WTF? So I’m forced to see someone else in the practice, at another office, if I want to be seen sooner. I generally am placed on a steroid when this happens to reduce symptoms, so I can breath easier- but they won’t prescribe it without see me first. Ok then!

Farrrk sake.that’s like here..they should make it avail at the drug store(chemist) or even the dr ringing the store to run a prescription through for you.fuck how long would that take the doctor..fuck all ..that’s what the doc done for my ol girl seems she the one who operated on her and had some slight complications with an infection she got .there is simply not enough docs or nurses here and waiting lists are blowing out .they are making people more sick when it could of been prevented…

May I contact the administrator?
It is of significance.
I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom