The Newbie goes indoors

I plan to put my chamber on a seedling mat, from what I’ve read and please correct me I don’t wanna get it above 115f and my mat goes to 110F or I was gonna put the chamber in a hot water bath….I’ll definitely check out that butane trick and go get all the nozzles I threw away out of the recycling. That one said 99.99% pure but who really knows

you're spot on with the seedling mat... i use a small heating blanket with a temp controller on it.. i personally evap slow and try not to get above 95*. but yes, i believe 115* is the max number. if you get too warm it will start to amber in color.

i started out using the water bath as well... having so much moisture near my good product always made me nervous and a couple times splashed some water into the oil.. so i just stopped and put the chamber on the mat directly. i use a regular heating blanket like you get for your back, it has a low-med-high switch i keep it on low and use a temp controller, this slow heat up on low acts like a water bath.

Hey Y’all Ben awhile, since chop life has just gotten crazy. Between 3 kids sports soccer, lacrosse, swimming, gymnastics and dance I haven’t had a chance to do much.

SMOKE REPORT ON MY PENNYWISE GROW!

This stuff is awesome I know @Stoneyluv asked about the 1:1 CBD:THC canceling each other out but they definitely don’t!
The stuff smokes like Xanax and Eats like Molly 😂. When you smoke you DONT get any real phy. Effects you get that happy feeling in your face and the “I just don’t give a fuck about anything” attitude. No real worries or anything just like Xanax. My friends who tried it all love it and my buddy with PTSD from the war LOVES it! Sleep is good but dosent lock you down or anything. You can just smoke all day and just be happy.
Now I made some cookies from magic butter. Wow after two hours you can feel every inch of your body it’s crazy. Tingling, every touch is heightened (cover your eyes granny) when you cake yourself wife to bed things get REALLY interesting FOR HER also❤️ Highly recommend!
View attachment 61753
Well the next thing I’ve been up to is trying to make my own vape cartridges and that starts with BHO

So todays mission was to blast some Butane 🫣❤️ (Very dangerous don’t condone anyone doing this (gotta say that))

I bought a 90gram stainless blasting tube with a dewaxing column.
A 150 micron filter
A 25 micron filter
A bag of 15 micron rosin press bags
12 cans of 11x butane where used.
Two 200 micron nut milk bags which I used to keep general debri from my collection containers while working.
View attachment 61754
Bought 20lbs of dry ice and a gallon of acetone for the dewaxing ring. With the acetone I should have been able to get temperatures well below -50f should have been closer to -70f. The pictures below will show you how frosty everything got. In fact it got way frostier that these photos but I was to busy to take pictures at every step.
I ground 270grams of leftover sugar leaves and popcorn buds from my Pennywise grow (I used a food processor to do this). This is cured weed so not live resin. My next attempt will be with live resin. Everything was frozen for days. Including my Butane.
I built two boards 1. To get the blasting rig higher off the table and 2. To help with packing the tube.
I started with torn premium bud for the first inch of my tube. Once compact this acted as my pre filter.
Then I added layer after layer of my grind, compacting between each layer.View attachment 61760
I ran a 150micron SS screen at the bottom of the column and two 15micron rosin press filter bags after my valve.View attachment 61758
After that it was time to blast. I first blasted into a Pyrex 4 cup measuring cut covered in a 200micon nut milk bag 😂😂
I started with both valves open and sent my first can until it started to come out the bottom valve.
I then shut the bottom valve and continued blasting until pressure was equalized.
Then I shut the top valve and removed the can. I bled the top valve just to let out pressure then blasted again till my sight glass was full telling me my column was full.
First column got a 10min soak. The next two got 60 min soaks and the third got a 90min soak.
This shit was cold!!!!!!!View attachment 61757View attachment 61759View attachment 61756View attachment 61755
As the measuring cup filled I’d put it in hot water to help boil off the butane.
After I completed my last column I changed my pre filter to a 25micron SS filter and also ran two 15micron rosin bags. I poured all my butane resin mix back into the column for and hour to make sure I was good and dewaxed aka winterized. Then I shot two more cans of butane through and finished with a bicycle pump to help push everything through the filters.
Then I put in a hot water bath to boil off as much butane as I could. After that I moved inside where it’s not on a 100degree seedling mat.
I thought I’d get more resin but I think between the curing, grinding and the use of less than perfect bud (sugar leaves and popcorn buds) I lost some opportunity for better results.
Hopefully next time if I make live resin my yield will be better.
View attachment 61761
Monday (if my pump show’s up) it’ll go into the vacuum chamber for 48hrs to purify.

Sorry for the long write up.

PS. Just popped 4 seeds last week so hopefully I’ll keep this thread up to date as they grow and as I continue down this vape cartridge road.
Oh my fuck yes

you're spot on with the seedling mat... i use a small heating blanket with a temp controller on it.. i personally evap slow and try not to get above 95*. but yes, i believe 115* is the max number. if you get too warm it will start to amber in color.

i started out using the water bath as well... having so much moisture near my good product always made me nervous and a couple times splashed some water into the oil.. so i just stopped and put the chamber on the mat directly. i use a regular heating blanket like you get for your back, it has a low-med-high switch i keep it on low and use a temp controller, this slow heat up on low acts like a water bath.
Oooooo I like the blanket idea, I have one of those also!
The seedling mat is controllable by 1/2 degrees from 60-115f so I was thinking that maybe more controllable plus the product is sitting on the bottom anyways so heat would radiate up but maybe wrap the chamber in the heating blanket would act more like an even temperature oven 🤔 🤔 stuff to think about for sure!

I took my parchment paper out of the Pyrex and placed on another piece of parchment and put in chamber for now to keep it clean from particles (not sure how pristine it needs to be to be vapeable?) I then let the Pyrex cool and was able to take a razor and scrape the resin from the bottom and add back to my other resin, seems like I lost very little 🤷🏼‍♂️ But it’s a learning experience

@Stoneyluv i need your help and expertise

I went to clean out my chamber today (I was lazy last night as I was blasting from 11-7 and still playing dad and husband during soak times) and I found my 25 micron screen had apparently plugged and I still had almost and Oz sitting on top of the screen.
I tried to heat it up to and then blast through (after flipping the screen) with my last half can of butane but that only seemed to push some into my 15 micron filter but not enough butane left to push through.
So I resorted to scraping everything I could save which was a fair amount still….here’s where I need help….this product is slightly contaminated with flower material. Mind you it all had already gone through a 15 micron bag but I failed to clean the tube well (not thinking this was an issue) before winterizing and blasting all my collected resin solely through screens and filters again.
Is there a way to clean this and add to everything else?
Should it just stay as it’s own thing and smoked as shatter?
Do you think if I add it to everything else, after I vacuum purge and mix with a wax liquidizer I could just suck through a syringe filter before filling my cartridges?

@Stoneyluv i need your help and expertise

I went to clean out my chamber today (I was lazy last night as I was blasting from 11-7 and still playing dad and husband during soak times) and I found my 25 micron screen had apparently plugged and I still had almost and Oz sitting on top of the screen.
I tried to heat it up to and then blast through (after flipping the screen) with my last half can of butane but that only seemed to push some into my 15 micron filter but not enough butane left to push through.
So I resorted to scraping everything I could save which was a fair amount still….here’s where I need help….this product is slightly contaminated with flower material. Mind you it all had already gone through a 15 micron bag but I failed to clean the tube well (not thinking this was an issue) before winterizing and blasting all my collected resin solely through screens and filters again.
Is there a way to clean this and add to everything else?
Should it just stay as it’s own thing and smoked as shatter?
Do you think if I add it to everything else, after I vacuum purge and mix with a wax liquidizer I could just suck through a syringe filter before filling my cartridges?

i probably wouldn't add it to the "A" grade stuff. if you could mix it in it's own batch of liquidizer and then try to filter before the carts, thats what i would try. i've had small flakes of plant material get in already and it makes ya cringe for sure. your best bet to filter it out would be after ytou add the liquidizer and it is still very warm, this will be at it's thinnest viscosity and easiest to filter, you might have a tiny bit of waste. but i've done it before. just a tiny piece of swab at the tip of the syringe and draw through the swab. the bigger the swab piece the more you will lose.. try to keep it tiny and you might have to change it out if it gets clogged part way through depending on the amount.

Another possibility (though I’m not sure)

Dissolve it in acetone or iso, filtering then evaporate off the dissolvent before adding it to the rest and vacuuming off?

you can do this but it will affect the quality of your product. even 99.9% has moisture in it and thats what ruins the oil. as you know oil and water don't mix. i've done this a few times trying to perfect it but i've neve ad great results, i've had good results and enough to get by but i would try just finishing out you vape liquid process and try to filter the final product in this case.

and once your done filling the syringe set it upside down to cool. any solid material will sink to the bottom and all the finer,thinner oil will rise to the top. this way if anything snuck in it will rest on the syringe plunger and not get in your carts. if you see anything there just don't squirt that last little bit in a cart.

i store all my syringes upside down as good practice.

001.JPG

i hope some of this helps... i'd luv to hear how ya make out.

i probably wouldn't add it to the "A" grade stuff. if you could mix it in it's own batch of liquidizer and then try to filter before the carts, thats what i would try. i've had small flakes of plant material get in already and it makes ya cringe for sure. your best bet to filter it out would be after ytou add the liquidizer and it is still very warm, this will be at it's thinnest viscosity and easiest to filter, you might have a tiny bit of waste. but i've done it before. just a tiny piece of swab at the tip of the syringe and draw through the swab. the bigger the swab piece the more you will lose.. try to keep it tiny and you might have to change it out if it gets clogged part way through depending on the amount.

you can do this but it will affect the quality of your product. even 99.9% has moisture in it and thats what ruins the oil. as you know oil and water don't mix. i've done this a few times trying to perfect it but i've neve ad great results, i've had good results and enough to get by but i would try just finishing out you vape liquid process and try to filter the final product in this case.

and once your done filling the syringe set it upside down to cool. any solid material will sink to the bottom and all the finer,thinner oil will rise to the top. this way if anything snuck in it will rest on the syringe plunger and not get in your carts. if you see anything there just don't squirt that last little bit in a cart.

i store all my syringes upside down as good practice.

View attachment 61867

i hope some of this helps... i'd luv to hear how ya make out.
Ok so just out of curiosity doesn’t the vacuum pump pull out the water along with the butane?

In a refrigeration system we leave the vacuum on until we pull 29.9 cause at that point we know a: our system is leak free but b: all the moisture has been boiled off

So wouldn’t 99.9 iso boil off and then that .1 also boil off providing you vacuum long enough?

I’m pretty sure I’ll just run the syringe filter like your saying though what kind of swab are you suggesting? My question above is more just science based…

Hey @Stoneyluv heres another one for ya

You ever fucked around with this way of making carts?

I know you prefer the liquid terps but wondered if you ever tried a method like this. Seems like it would be to thick to vape but the “internet” says after descarbing it stay liquid… was thinking of trying with some of what I got but not sure I trust it…

Ok so just out of curiosity doesn’t the vacuum pump pull out the water along with the butane?

In a refrigeration system we leave the vacuum on until we pull 29.9 cause at that point we know a: our system is leak free but b: all the moisture has been boiled off

So wouldn’t 99.9 iso boil off and then that .1 also boil off providing you vacuum long enough?

I’m pretty sure I’ll just run the syringe filter like your saying though what kind of swab are you suggesting? My question above is more just science based…

it sure will pull moisture along with butane, thats where the water bath comes into play. the fast even evaporation leaves nowhere for the moisture to hide and boils off with the butane giving you a denser more potent product.

if i get anywhere near 29 inches of mercury drawn i'm happy. my chamber normally seals up at 29.5. if you wet your seal just a tad before sealing it up it will help hold a vacuum longer.

Hey @Stoneyluv heres another one for ya

You ever fucked around with this way of making carts?

I know you prefer the liquid terps but wondered if you ever tried a method like this. Seems like it would be to thick to vape but the “internet” says after descarbing it stay liquid… was thinking of trying with some of what I got but not sure I trust it…

it's kinda how i got started.. i never had sugar or full melt diamonds to make them. all i had was rosin that i was pressing in a hair straightener. the carts even had wicks in them when i first started playing around with them. i was so intrigued by an electronic device all self contained to smoke from at concerts.. it snowballed from there.

it sure will pull moisture along with butane, thats where the water bath comes into play. the fast even evaporation leaves nowhere for the moisture to hide and boils off with the butane giving you a denser more potent product.

if i get anywhere near 29 inches of mercury drawn i'm happy. my chamber normally seals up at 29.5. if you wet your seal just a tad before sealing it up it will help hold a vacuum longer.

it's kinda how i got started.. i never had sugar or full melt diamonds to make them. all i had was rosin that i was pressing in a hair straightener. the carts even had wicks in them when i first started playing around with them. i was so intrigued by an electronic device all self contained to smoke from at concerts.. it snowballed from there.
Ok so if it works why use liquid terps or PG? Cleaner product without that stuff…

I have know idea what this chamber will pull but am hoping for at least 29 I was just thinking after 72 hours it might pull that .1% of water out of the iso wash but at that point I would probably degrade my terps by a lot…. This is definitely fun science

Hey y’all little update on my resin project:

So my vacuum pump was delayed 3 times from Amazon during that time the BHO I has got SUPER crystallized with liquid and it was bothering me cause I wasn’t sure how I was gonna vacuum purge crystals. Plus the parchment paper wasn’t holding up after a week of this stuff just sitting there so everything went into a mason jar with 99.99% isopropyl alcohol
Then into the freezer. After the weekend in a freezer I re-filtered it through the 25 micron SS screen then through the 15 micron rosin bag. Came out beautifully clean.
I was tired of waiting for Amazon so went to my local Harbor Freight and bought a vacuum pump.
I placed on my 100 degree seeding mat and started pulling it down last night. It didn’t muffin like BHO as I believe most of not all the BHO had evaporated at this point and alcohol has a different off gas vacuum pressure and temp so it was less “expressive” in its purge
View attachment IMG_9190.MOV
I also decided I’d try to dilute slightly (for viscosity purposes) with cbc
55EED2CA-63A5-47DC-8C81-7645A2B8538E.jpeg
still trying to nail down a ratio though (not a lot of great information on that like PG or liquid terps)
Resin sat under a vacuum all last night and this morning there was only a couple bubbles. I’m gonna let it sit all day today till I’m home from work under vacuum then mix it and put under for another 24hrs, then depending on what I see for activity possibly doing that cycle again.
I’m assuming when there are no more bubbles it’s properly purged.

Moving on to my seedlings currently everyone seems happy these are two weeks post popping
352110A9-FA11-4184-8EEC-A4B8226CED89.jpegC74357E7-43F6-4AAC-9371-768DFDCB19B5.jpegD2AEDB98-D347-47BA-AA4C-D2513A75F823.jpeg
They’ll be headed to the tent probably in a week to start vegging.
Anyways I’ll update after purge is complete and I move on to the next part of the process. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey y’all so today I cleaned my stuff up flipped it and worked it (to try and bring more impurities up) and was getting very little action on vacuum. So I decided to heat everything up gently with a heating gun, (I could still touch the chamber without burning myself) and things got runny but no more big bubbles just a bunch of really little ones that eventually slowed to nothing. So far it’s been under vacuum (short of a quick flip and smush) for 48hrs. I decided to leave it on the heating mat and under vacuum for another 24 hrs and went down tonight to just peak and it’s lost all its gloss and there’s absolutely no movement in there. Did I skip right over shatter and got wax now? Is it still salvageable to make my vape cartridges. My next step was gonna be to Decarb it at 150 degrees for 48-72hrs in my sous vide to force it into a stabilized liquid state.

Anyone with BHO experience Thoughts are greatly appreciate!
6E219F38-1663-4864-98CF-634440D36282.jpeg274E2FCB-DCBC-4694-B339-668E4728C729.jpeg

ok so here’s where we’re at!

After 24hrs in the 150 degree sous vide I didn’t like how things were progressing so I borrowed a hot plate with magnetic stirring capabilities from my neighbor.
This melted everything wellBD8A3798-19BB-44AC-9BB6-6293149305EE.jpeg1AE3A3DE-2A81-4138-A9DD-C5504263EBA3.jpeg
After a few hours at roughly 175 degrees the bubbles pretty much stopped I let it cool just to see and she looks Decarbed well33A6B37B-2C7B-4242-BE57-D9EE47DCEBF6.jpeg
So I added 1ml of cbc, warmed her back up and stared the stirring.
View attachment IMG_9218.MOV
I got my carts from PCKT from I recommendation from @Stoneyluv i believe. I’m trying two different kinds both with 2.0mm holes for thick resin88305DC7-94F1-4274-9BD4-BA861888BCE6.jpeg8FDB76F9-C0CD-4AA9-A635-6646EA127649.jpeg
I quick built a cart holder and warmed my oven to 175. My syringe is a 14 gauge for this and while it worked well it was a little large to fit to the bottom of these carts.5B9E006E-D113-4F75-B591-6E30B7D4BBFD.jpeg
I pre heated the carts in the oven for 10min then I filled the carts and placed them and placed back in the oven for 10-15min to keep the viscosity thin for the wicks to absorb better. It did take me two times to heat things up and keep filling cause as the resin cooled it became to thick to run to the bottom of the carts (this is where a smaller gauge needle may have helped).55FE22A3-F78F-4C5E-B241-1CF0458A7362.jpeg
After everything was topped it was time to re-install the mouth pieces.D22399AA-C519-49CB-BDC0-643A4972C31B.jpeg9A972BDC-D3F5-4C9D-AC13-FFF091CD8AA0.jpegover all I’m happy with how they look. Hopefully the taste ok and work. I’m a little concerned my battery doesn’t have enough wattage to vape this thick shit. I purchased before I read ideal volts is 2.5-3.3 for thc carts and my PCKT seems to only push 2.3 on its highest setting 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️.1D42989F-DC16-4FE1-85D5-4905A918908C.jpeg

freakin awesome man, great job!!! i recently picked up a couple of those FLO carts as well, i like them a lot and i think you will too!

i really like your board... great minds think alike..

004.JPG

so you only added just 1ml of cbc.. how much volume of liquid BHO do you think there was?

all in the heated spinner huh? brilliant!! i have a cold spinner but not a heated one..

lower the temp more flavor, the higher the temp more vapor. i like 2.7-2.8 mostly. but the cbc may vape a little different so you'll have to play around with that.

but fantastic job for your first time man. you knocked it out of the park. for never using a bho rig before and never making a cart before.. damn.. respect!

did you happen to dab any of the bho before you liquified it?

freakin awesome man, great job!!! i recently picked up a couple of those FLO carts as well, i like them a lot and i think you will too!

i really like your board... great minds think alike..

View attachment 63609

so you only added just 1ml of cbc.. how much volume of liquid BHO do you think there was?

all in the heated spinner huh? brilliant!! i have a cold spinner but not a heated one..

lower the temp more flavor, the higher the temp more vapor. i like 2.7-2.8 mostly. but the cbc may vape a little different so you'll have to play around with that.

but fantastic job for your first time man. you knocked it out of the park. for never using a bho rig before and never making a cart before.. damn.. respect!

did you happen to dab any of the bho before you liquified it?
Thanks!!!

Wow you must fill a ton of carts with a board like that!!

I had 19grams of wax when I was done purging which seems like came out to roughly 15ml’s of liquid then I added just 1ml of the cbc because after it Decarbed with the 1ml if I tipped my jar when cool it would run like molasses. Very slow but visible. I probably could have done 2ml’s with no issue but it seem like everything I read you want a bubble to move from top to bottom in like 5min, slow, so 🤷🏼‍♂️. We’ll see how my PKCT battery and carts handle this viscosity then adjust from there.

When you say 2.7-2.8 are to talking watts or volts?

I didn’t dab any but did roll some into a joint for my sister-in-law and she really liked it but I didn’t have a rig to test it straight up.

seem like everything I read you want a bubble to move from top to bottom in like 5min, slow, so 🤷🏼‍♂️

yes, you have the right idea here.. the thicker the more potent. plus if it gets too thin you can get a weird "mouth feel" from it.

i remember years ago i looked into how to measure viscosities and if there was a tester available and everything i found at that time pointed the exact same way, tilting it a certain temperature at a certain angle and counting how long it took to get there and that distance was the viscosity number. so in the end just a judgement and not t true measurement. so like you i just do it by eye and learn from batch to batch on what is too thick or thin.

when you get those super thick stable batches you get one of those grins of pride on your face!! :D

When you say 2.7-2.8 are to talking watts or volts?

sorry, volts. extra thick might go up to 3v... i like to keep it low so my battery last longer.

yes, you have the right idea here.. the thicker the more potent. plus if it gets too thin you can get a weird "mouth feel" from it.

i remember years ago i looked into how to measure viscosities and if there was a tester available and everything i found at that time pointed the exact same way, tilting it a certain temperature at a certain angle and counting how long it took to get there and that distance was the viscosity number. so in the end just a judgement and not t true measurement. so like you i just do it by eye and learn from batch to batch on what is too thick or thin.

when you get those super thick stable batches you get one of those grins of pride on your face!! :D

sorry, volts. extra thick might go up to 3v... i like to keep it low so my battery last longer.
Well at 3.09W on my PKCT vertical out of PRBTC Flo 510 one rip and I am F*cked up! We have confirmation folks they work 🚀🎊🫠

Well at 3.09W on my PKCT vertical out of PRBTC Flo 510 one rip and I am F*cked up! We have confirmation folks they work 🚀🎊🫠

NICE!!!! you like the flavor? smooth?

i've been wanting one of these for a while now but black has been sold out for months now... i won't settle for another color..

NICE!!!! you like the flavor? smooth?

i've been wanting one of these for a while now but black has been sold out for months now... i won't settle for another color..

Honestly smoother than weed lol but to be honest I’ve never vaped so not sure what it’s supposed to be like
I have this dirty bronze color and I like the looks. The PKCT 2.0 has great ratings I liked that but opted for sleeker profile this thing feels slightly larger than a permanent marker and feels great in the hand. These carts are HEAVY for what they are and if feels sturdy.

Back
Top Bottom