The Newbie goes indoors

Man they are looking killer for your first indoor!

I'd say your feed is a little hot indeed, I would start tapering back on nutes now and maybe go with 1.5 teaspoons per gallon. Then down to 1 tsp in 7 days and finish out with 1 or like .7 tsp per gallon.
Ok great thanks!

Update:
These girls are gonna be ready while I’m out of town 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Just starting to show some amber on the leaves, preferably I’d harvest these girls when trichs are cloudy no amber to maximize CBD and THC since it’s a 1:1 plant.
Stopped feeding them and they just finished their first week of flush.
@Pipecarver you where 100% correct, that little dehumidifier has pulled out 1-2 tablespoons of water in a week 😂.
47378C61-9FFF-41FF-B756-5387DCF3D142.jpeg39C9FF65-A246-46C9-87F5-BA81A776D8EE.jpegEFABE3BC-2B64-4E84-9F88-A093038F0329.jpeg7FB9ACC4-F52A-4C58-8094-313C19B73BD6.jpeg7D1079C3-55BA-4FA7-9383-931B806B0921.jpeg

Update:
Week 8 since flipping to 12/12 finished today!
We just got back from spring break and the girls look great, just starting to see some yellowing on the lowest leaves.
So they’ve had a two week flush and really haven’t faded so I think I was feeding to hot to long and there was plenty of feed left in the soil🤷🏼‍♂️

So again This strain is a 1:1 thc:cbd strain. To maximize thc and cbd from what I’ve read I “SHOULD HARVEST WHEN TRICHOMES ARE CLOUDY, AS TRICHOMES BEGIN TO AMBER BOTH CBD AND THC DEGRADE”

That being said would y’all call these cloudy or ready in your professional Opinions?

Sorry pic heavy and I did the best I could with a 30x loop a cell phone and Shaky hands
B4FFCD02-BB5A-437A-A818-F6B53686E65D.jpeg98FCFC87-27C1-42B4-A52D-8AF44DD8B041.jpeg35CFDF47-4788-4567-A988-FD0F5BF105A9.jpeg95918F51-52CA-48E3-A432-B61B1D45DE4B.jpeg3B344314-FA9F-4364-9A60-8F5723163E2D.jpeg50926AE7-F402-4984-9486-4BBAB3A708A6.jpegFE90FEA1-95BF-4F7B-9187-97D41EA09E02.jpegC1845EF3-261E-4EE1-B960-97DC41E52F95.jpeg5283B38F-3FA3-4BC1-BA2D-B602724EBD19.jpeg0CEAB1F1-A6BD-4B54-B879-348795B075CE.jpeg0DB762A9-24C3-4F95-8A3F-A90B5121246A.jpegC235F7B6-FF6A-4F02-80F9-7B4905DD4BE0.jpeg

i agree, i'd chop!!!!

i gotta ask though, thc and cbd effects cancel each other out when smoking so how does that work?
So my understanding is you’ll get more of a body affect for muscle pain, anxiety and panic attacks while remaining clear headed. They don’t just cancel each other out 100% just cause they’re equal, you’ll still get effects from both just reduced. I’m looking for something I can maybe enjoy all day long and help me ween of my “happy pills” while still being clear headed enough to function at work🤞🤞

So my understanding is you’ll get more of a body affect for muscle pain, anxiety and panic attacks while remaining clear headed. They don’t just cancel each other out 100% just cause they’re equal, you’ll still get effects from both just reduced. I’m looking for something I can maybe enjoy all day long and help me ween of my “happy pills” while still being clear headed enough to function at work🤞🤞

first of all... killer looking buds man, absolutely fantastic job on them!!!!

and i'd love to hear what you think about it... even if it's not till six months from now and you've had time to cure and smoke it a while.. i was always told to stay away from cbd because it takes the buzz away... i personally never tried a heavy cbd to know.. but i'm curious to hear what you think of it after you try it!!!

how do you plan to harvest something like that? bud by bud and hang each cola one at a time?

first of all... killer looking buds man, absolutely fantastic job on them!!!!

and i'd love to hear what you think about it... even if it's not till six months from now and you've had time to cure and smoke it a while.. i was always told to stay away from cbd because it takes the buzz away... i personally never tried a heavy cbd to know.. but i'm curious to hear what you think of it after you try it!!!

how do you plan to harvest something like that? bud by bud and hang each cola one at a time?
Thank you, That means a lot from a grower of your caliber!

Y’all have been helping throughout and I appreciate it, these only look like they do cause of this group so they’re as much mine as they are all of yours.

I’ll definitely give a smoke/edible update after we get though cure.

My plan is to strip them as is as best as I can of all water leaves. Then chop the bases and flip the whole SCROG table and use that to hang them as is. Then final trim after they’re dry. @Rootsruler did something very similar on page 4 of this thread.

Thank you, That means a lot from a grower of your caliber!

Y’all have been helping throughout and I appreciate it, these only look like they do cause of this group so they’re as much mine as they are all of yours.

I’ll definitely give a smoke/edible update after we get though cure.

My plan is to strip them as is as best as I can of all water leaves. Then chop the bases and flip the whole SCROG table and use that to hang them as is. Then final trim after they’re dry. @Rootsruler did something very similar on page 4 of this thread.

i saw that, he did a pretty slick job with it... something told me he made it look easier than what it really is to do.

how do you like your edibles? liquid? solid? candy?..

thats gonna smell so awesome if you hang the whole thing!!!!!

i saw that, he did a pretty slick job with it... something told me he made it look easier than what it really is to do.

how do you like your edibles? liquid? solid? candy?..

thats gonna smell so awesome if you hang the whole thing!!!!!
Honestly I’ve only ever made cookies of some kind or another, every strain gets a different cookie so I know what I’m reaching for 😂 and how to does myself…

I did do a QWET extraction on some Trainwreck last year that I hear turned out great but I’m to much of a light weight to try it, if I get to buzzed and have to switch over to manual breathing it triggers my anxiety bad😂 almost had to call an ambulance once🫤
36A67CFE-6694-41E9-B870-F745AF8AF123.jpeg

it ain;t your grandpa's weed no more!!!! at least the extractions aren't!!

i like to grind it up and decarb it in the oven and then soak it in 50/50 of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin let it soak for day then strain the liquid out and drink it or put it in capsules. kicks in fast.. like 10-15 minutes!! your body absorbs the liqid better and not such a shocking effect that baked good seem to give me. you can just use a dropper to put it on any food or drink you want.

it ain;t your grandpa's weed no more!!!! at least the extractions aren't!!

i like to grind it up and decarb it in the oven and then soak it in 50/50 of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin let it soak for day then strain the liquid out and drink it or put it in capsules. kicks in fast.. like 10-15 minutes!! your body absorbs the liqid better and not such a shocking effect that baked good seem to give me. you can just use a dropper to put it on any food or drink you want.
I’m gonna have to try this! quantities of each?
Sounds great

Girls got chopped today! Here’s a few pictures and an in order photo shoot of the table flip, I was able to flit the whole thing without any buds touching the floor. Temps will be around 68 and humidity at 60 anything I should adjust?
Also two oscillating fans running on low
5592E144-CCC0-44D9-80E0-E10C5DCA0B4D.jpegFD5A5546-9D31-4F6A-A35A-5D62F21F5E5E.jpegBF49E15E-E7F7-4A92-AC0B-67F75F39CF92.jpegD0390769-226D-45B7-9443-1351F2C5A697.jpeg7566CE6C-BC9D-4C1A-8149-57B7F1E05E2A.jpeg

I’m gonna have to try this! quantities of each?
Sounds great

nah none really needed it's all by eye is the best part. just start with the amount of herb ya wanna use, that's the first step. then grind it up the best you can. put it in the oven at 240*F for sixty minutes. once cool enough to touch add just enough of equal amounts of each of the glycol and glycerin. you can pre mix it together in the bottles then just shake well before adding... pour it in slow, the goal in this part is to get as little as liquid possible but enough to saturate all the herb. the finer the grind the better... soak this in a warm bath of water to help thin the liquid and make it easier to stir. don't let it get hot hot, you don't want anything to evaporate and get thicker on you.

tips- if you're concerned about what you eat, use a mason jar or other pyrex style glass, use a glass stirring rod, and never ever smoke or vape this juice!! never ever change the chemical composition to gas, vapor, solid, or anything but the liquid it is intended for. using improper makes it no longer food safe and can be harmful to you.

back to the recipe..

once totally saturated.. don't rush it. it can soak like this for days!!!!! many days.. long the better probably.. i've never had the patience to wait more than a couple days though. but once you feel it's been completely soaked (again not submerged, you want as little liquid as possible to be as potent as you can!!) then you need to strain out the liquid, it's the liquid you want to keep. there are many ways to this. i personally like to use cheesecloth bags.

016.JPG

i put all the slurry in the bag then fold the bag well and put that inside of a potato ricer and squeeze the ever loving shit out of it!!!! open it up turn the bag over and repeat.. i do this till i only get a couple slow drops per squeeze. this is the only hard work part.. it worth it trust me!!!!

Tip - do all this last step with the slurry warm to very warm, not hot. less than 100*F no hotter! it will go much easier when warm.

and thats it, drink/eat it... i put in it in capsules sometimes!! start small of coarse, maybe 10-20 drops.

thats about all the details i can think of at the moment... feel free to ask me any questions if/when you decide to try it.

Girls got chopped today! Here’s a few pictures and an in order photo shoot of the table flip, I was able to flit the whole thing without any buds touching the floor. Temps will be around 68 and humidity at 60 anything I should adjust?
Also two oscillating fans running on low
View attachment 53439View attachment 53440View attachment 53441View attachment 53442View attachment 53443

excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man you did a great job keeping her downstairs clean!!!!! her down there care!! hehe

the rest should go fun and easy after that!!! pretty slicky ricky if ya ask me!! great work!!!!!!!!

nah none really needed it's all by eye is the best part. just start with the amount of herb ya wanna use, that's the first step. then grind it up the best you can. put it in the oven at 240*F for sixty minutes. once cool enough to touch add just enough of equal amounts of each of the glycol and glycerin. you can pre mix it together in the bottles then just shake well before adding... pour it in slow, the goal in this part is to get as little as liquid possible but enough to saturate all the herb. the finer the grind the better... soak this in a warm bath of water to help thin the liquid and make it easier to stir. don't let it get hot hot, you don't want anything to evaporate and get thicker on you.

tips- if you're concerned about what you eat, use a mason jar or other pyrex style glass, use a glass stirring rod, and never ever smoke or vape this juice!! never ever change the chemical composition to gas, vapor, solid, or anything but the liquid it is intended for. using improper makes it no longer food safe and can be harmful to you.

back to the recipe..

once totally saturated.. don't rush it. it can soak like this for days!!!!! many days.. long the better probably.. i've never had the patience to wait more than a couple days though. but once you feel it's been completely soaked (again not submerged, you want as little liquid as possible to be as potent as you can!!) then you need to strain out the liquid, it's the liquid you want to keep. there are many ways to this. i personally like to use cheesecloth bags.

View attachment 53449

i put all the slurry in the bag then fold the bag well and put that inside of a potato ricer and squeeze the ever loving shit out of it!!!! open it up turn the bag over and repeat.. i do this till i only get a couple slow drops per squeeze. this is the only hard work part.. it worth it trust me!!!!

Tip - do all this last step with the slurry warm to very warm, not hot. less than 100*F no hotter! it will go much easier when warm.

and thats it, drink/eat it... i put in it in capsules sometimes!! start small of coarse, maybe 10-20 drops.

thats about all the details i can think of at the moment... feel free to ask me any questions if/when you decide to try it.

excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man you did a great job keeping her downstairs clean!!!!! her down there care!! hehe

the rest should go fun and easy after that!!! pretty slicky ricky if ya ask me!! great work!!!!!!!!
Thank you for that detailed right up👍👍 sounds way easier than the QWET

Daaamn man, hell of a grow. I did the same thing my first grow of Cheese Cookies. I made a bamboo scrog that the plant was STUCK in so I just flipped the whole thing upside down and dried it in situ. Awesome way to dry and it looks fricken cool.

The ONLY thing I would adjust is to lower your temps to around 60 if possible. If your gonna run higher temps, then you kind of want to match the temp with the humidity, since its actually the DEW point we are concerned about when drying not so much the RH and temps. I run around 62% RH and average around 62F in the drying room and it turns out real good.

Not like 68/60 is gonna fk it up, but to do it 100% by the book 60F/60% RH is the gold standard for drying.

Cant wait to see your smoke report, the 1:1 thc : cbd strains are really intriguing.

Daaamn man, hell of a grow. I did the same thing my first grow of Cheese Cookies. I made a bamboo scrog that the plant was STUCK in so I just flipped the whole thing upside down and dried it in situ. Awesome way to dry and it looks fricken cool.

The ONLY thing I would adjust is to lower your temps to around 60 if possible. If your gonna run higher temps, then you kind of want to match the temp with the humidity, since its actually the DEW point we are concerned about when drying not so much the RH and temps. I run around 62% RH and average around 62F in the drying room and it turns out real good.

Not like 68/60 is gonna fk it up, but to do it 100% by the book 60F/60% RH is the gold standard for drying.

Cant wait to see your smoke report, the 1:1 thc : cbd strains are really intriguing.
My issue is my basement has no way of cooling so I’m stuck with whatever temp it throws only thing in my control is RH this morning I’m sitting at 61.6 degrees and 60.2 RH0BEFFEEF-FC3B-4A04-A501-11E0FBAAC1DA.png

My issue is my basement has no way of cooling so I’m stuck with whatever temp it throws only thing in my control is RH this morning I’m sitting at 61.6 degrees and 60.2 RHView attachment 53484
Maybe tick up that RH to 61-62% if ya want? I like my bud to be at 62% in the jar so...if the room is 62% RH you can leave it in there to cure and trim whenever you feel like it cuz your room is now a big jar :D.

Hey Y’all Ben awhile, since chop life has just gotten crazy. Between 3 kids sports soccer, lacrosse, swimming, gymnastics and dance I haven’t had a chance to do much.

SMOKE REPORT ON MY PENNYWISE GROW!

This stuff is awesome I know @Stoneyluv asked about the 1:1 CBD:THC canceling each other out but they definitely don’t!
The stuff smokes like Xanax and Eats like Molly 😂. When you smoke you DONT get any real phy. Effects you get that happy feeling in your face and the “I just don’t give a fuck about anything” attitude. No real worries or anything just like Xanax. My friends who tried it all love it and my buddy with PTSD from the war LOVES it! Sleep is good but dosent lock you down or anything. You can just smoke all day and just be happy.
Now I made some cookies from magic butter. Wow after two hours you can feel every inch of your body it’s crazy. Tingling, every touch is heightened (cover your eyes granny) when you cake yourself wife to bed things get REALLY interesting FOR HER also❤️ Highly recommend!
F94141E0-B62A-4EA8-89BC-9A49B94AB5A4.jpeg
Well the next thing I’ve been up to is trying to make my own vape cartridges and that starts with BHO

So todays mission was to blast some Butane 🫣❤️ (Very dangerous don’t condone anyone doing this (gotta say that))

I bought a 90gram stainless blasting tube with a dewaxing column.
A 150 micron filter
A 25 micron filter
A bag of 15 micron rosin press bags
12 cans of 11x butane where used.
Two 200 micron nut milk bags which I used to keep general debri from my collection containers while working.
1E63A8E7-3CCF-4DB6-A3A8-F49DC5C3A527.jpeg
Bought 20lbs of dry ice and a gallon of acetone for the dewaxing ring. With the acetone I should have been able to get temperatures well below -50f should have been closer to -70f. The pictures below will show you how frosty everything got. In fact it got way frostier that these photos but I was to busy to take pictures at every step.
I ground 270grams of leftover sugar leaves and popcorn buds from my Pennywise grow (I used a food processor to do this). This is cured weed so not live resin. My next attempt will be with live resin. Everything was frozen for days. Including my Butane.
I built two boards 1. To get the blasting rig higher off the table and 2. To help with packing the tube.
I started with torn premium bud for the first inch of my tube. Once compact this acted as my pre filter.
Then I added layer after layer of my grind, compacting between each layer.73CAFA49-1AF1-490C-AF94-016D7CAE889D.jpeg
I ran a 150micron SS screen at the bottom of the column and two 15micron rosin press filter bags after my valve.2741A656-5E3C-4062-B542-EB7346ECF08D.jpeg
After that it was time to blast. I first blasted into a Pyrex 4 cup measuring cut covered in a 200micon nut milk bag 😂😂
I started with both valves open and sent my first can until it started to come out the bottom valve.
I then shut the bottom valve and continued blasting until pressure was equalized.
Then I shut the top valve and removed the can. I bled the top valve just to let out pressure then blasted again till my sight glass was full telling me my column was full.
First column got a 10min soak. The next two got 60 min soaks and the third got a 90min soak.
This shit was cold!!!!!!!61D2F8D4-8606-48DD-8765-1F35EC22BC26.jpeg6F7A19DE-61CD-46DD-8A35-EF8DB788875A.jpeg50CD6733-85A4-4DD4-A4A8-CB54CBE58AC5.jpegC32DEA61-B607-4EBE-8990-5B5C6E92A0BE.jpeg
As the measuring cup filled I’d put it in hot water to help boil off the butane.
After I completed my last column I changed my pre filter to a 25micron SS filter and also ran two 15micron rosin bags. I poured all my butane resin mix back into the column for and hour to make sure I was good and dewaxed aka winterized. Then I shot two more cans of butane through and finished with a bicycle pump to help push everything through the filters.
Then I put in a hot water bath to boil off as much butane as I could. After that I moved inside where it’s not on a 100degree seedling mat.
I thought I’d get more resin but I think between the curing, grinding and the use of less than perfect bud (sugar leaves and popcorn buds) I lost some opportunity for better results.
Hopefully next time if I make live resin my yield will be better.
14BD253F-82C5-4A5B-83C3-17DC5C6F3088.jpeg
Monday (if my pump show’s up) it’ll go into the vacuum chamber for 48hrs to purify.

Sorry for the long write up.

PS. Just popped 4 seeds last week so hopefully I’ll keep this thread up to date as they grow and as I continue down this vape cartridge road.

thanks for that feedback man.. i'm gonna have to look for something like that.

killer rig man!! i like that dewaxing column!!!!

what is your favorite brand of butane?

i like this one...

011.JPG

i like this one...

View attachment 61771
I've always used special blue for my torches. Best butane imo.

But I grabbed this the other day for 8 bucks!! 750ml, big mofo!20240615_233915.jpg

i like this one...

View attachment 61771
I ran this brand only cause
A: it was my first time so I didn’t know better
B: cause it came with 5 different nozzle adapters

BVV has a propane butane mix I would like to try next time cause I’ve read that the mix strips different Terrapins better…

Sooo I checked on my BHO this morning (BTW happy Father’s Day men) and I have some resin under my parchment paper that I’d like to not lose. Anyone know away to clean this up and add it back safely?

I ran this brand only cause
A: it was my first time so I didn’t know better
B: cause it came with 5 different nozzle adapters

BVV has a propane butane mix I would like to try next time cause I’ve read that the mix strips different Terrapins better…

Sooo I checked on my BHO this morning (BTW happy Father’s Day men) and I have some resin under my parchment paper that I’d like to not lose. Anyone know away to clean this up and add it back safely?

thats cool man, if you happen to find a nozzle adapter that you really like hang on to it. not all adapters are created equally. most cans come with them but they don't always fit your fill fitting tightly. i have a few favorites that i keep.

i've used a lot of brands of butane over the years, a tip someone taught me.. if you spray a tiny bit on a small mirror there should be no greasy residue left behind. this is the "mystery oil" people speak of. if the mirror wipes clean with no oil then i use it.

as for the collection of resin on the parchment, try sticking the dots of resin to themselves with the paper folded, then pull it apart kinda swiftly, the one dot should stick to the other dot.. do this over and over as the puddle becomes one.... it takes a little practice.

i can't even remember my first bho run.. you're way ahead of where i started man!!! looks nice for your first time. do you have a heated vacuum chamber?

thats cool man, if you happen to find a nozzle adapter that you really like hang on to it. not all adapters are created equally. most cans come with them but they don't always fit your fill fitting tightly. i have a few favorites that i keep.

i've used a lot of brands of butane over the years, a tip someone taught me.. if you spray a tiny bit on a small mirror there should be no greasy residue left behind. this is the "mystery oil" people speak of. if the mirror wipes clean with no oil then i use it.

as for the collection of resin on the parchment, try sticking the dots of resin to themselves with the paper folded, then pull it apart kinda swiftly, the one dot should stick to the other dot.. do this over and over as the puddle becomes one.... it takes a little practice.

i can't even remember my first bho run.. you're way ahead of where i started man!!! looks nice for your first time. do you have a heated vacuum chamber?
I plan to put my chamber on a seedling mat, from what I’ve read and please correct me I don’t wanna get it above 115f and my mat goes to 110F or I was gonna put the chamber in a hot water bath….I’ll definitely check out that butane trick and go get all the nozzles I threw away out of the recycling. That one said 99.99% pure but who really knows

Back
Top Bottom