The Newbie goes indoors

Girls got up potted to their final bags yesterday, waiting on some saucer trays to elevate them (which are supposed to come tomorrow) then I’ll post some pictures.
Honestly not much has changed. The big water leaves aren’t really clawing any more but the new growth is still twisty but maybe that’s just cause the newer more delicate stuff growth is still fighting the N?
The young growth from we’ll say a week or more back has straightened out as it’s matured.

I will say this DON’T GET YOU SHOP VAC TO CLOSE TO YOU BRANCHES 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Sucks them right up and it almost sounds like they’re screaming/crying and the air rips their leaves off 😂😂🤣🤣 fucken rookie 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

IMO Stop watering them for several days! The FFOF has plenty of nutrients so you definitely don’t need to feed them until FLIP!

IMO also they need more light. If you don’t see light burn/bleaching light is not a problem!

The number 1 issue every new grower has is over loving/over watering. At the end of the day it’s a weed. It will grow without water or nutrients!

Let them dry back until they almost wilt! And do not give them more nutrients until you FLIP!

You got this bud it’s easy just don’t over think it!!!

Also throw the moisture meter thing away! When you are new and trying to figure out how to water the ladies IMO you should only do it by pot weight!

Fill the same size pot up with dry soil. Then do not water the plants in the same size pot until they get to the same weight. The roots need Oxygen just as much or more than they need water!

The dry back is way more important than anything else you can do!

IMO Stop watering them for several days! The FFOF has plenty of nutrients so you definitely don’t need to feed them until FLIP!

IMO also they need more light. If you don’t see light burn/bleaching light is not a problem!

The number 1 issue every new grower has is over loving/over watering. At the end of the day it’s a weed. It will grow without water or nutrients!

Let them dry back until they almost wilt! And do not give them more nutrients until you FLIP!

You got this bud it’s easy just don’t over think it!!!
Thanks their new pots are all FFOF
I’ve used it in both my out door grows and haven’t needed to feed for a month so that should hopefully help clean the slate before .
I’ve been wondering if I should start to increase the light, they’re still on its lowest setting. How much is to much light?

@Kopper1013 In veg I try and keep my lights 100% at about 28 to 30” off the plants. Some times 3’. I also keep my fans from blowing directly on the plants. I aim them more towards the lights. I like to keep my lights cool and see a gentle breeze on the tops. But I grow in an open room. No tent no exhaust. I don’t really have to worry about humidity buildup or skyrocketing temperatures. It’s hard to maintain a 75 degree temperature tho.

Ok y’all here’s the update!

Girls are now in 10gal fabric pots, yes I now know they’re huge 🤦🏻‍♂️ Looking at the 25gal pots I used outside I figured them way smaller but 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
They got moved on Sunday and I didn’t look at them till tonight when I put the lifters under them and almost all the young growth has straightened out!!❤️ So hopefully it was just to much food/love🤞
With the lifters I’ll water till runoff then use a shot vac to suck out runoff.
I bumped the light to level 5 and will give it a few days before bumping again to lower the stress of just cranking it. Kinda like I do outside with the shade as they come out from inside.
I installed a SCROG and lowers it tonight. Net is 34” bellow the light, I could go higher or lower (originally I had it lower and that’s why some girls are bent slightly) thoughts?
I figured with 10” of stretch/growth after week three of flower (once I flip) the buds should only be max 24” from light🤷🏼‍♂️
SCROG is built out of 1” EMT with couplings and I used tent ratchet strings as support, going up and down so they pull against each other. Every 3-4 days I’ll gently tuck the branches like I did outside until the netting is mostly full then I’ll flip.

8496F3B6-5CE9-43C0-9AD6-ECAA412F6F05.jpeg0031D604-DF5E-4002-9DE0-F2C38BC4CCC0.jpeg3A9A34A9-AFFD-4E47-8DB5-B691C46CDBC7.jpegC34EE96D-3BFD-4020-9483-D5551F560E36.jpeg824D5874-6CF8-4281-A3DB-5F7D4EC60E0D.jpeg74E3722F-517B-4709-ADEA-553848AB5AEE.jpeg605BF221-5DC7-44BA-8C99-F0A92EA03E5F.jpeg

@Kopper1013 I bought one of those kerosene pumps and put the runoff in a bucket. Don’t use it know because the roots suck up the runoff. Doesn’t seem to bother them even tho the ppm’s are 2000+. But that’s why I got that particular strain. Heavy feeder, love lots of Nitrogen and moisture. Does well with heat and humidity.
78E28942-4D8F-45C5-96CC-797D3B4A7C57.pngNot as fast as a shop vac but safer.

Ok y’all here’s the update!

Girls are now in 10gal fabric pots, yes I now know they’re huge 🤦🏻‍♂️ Looking at the 25gal pots I used outside I figured them way smaller but 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
They got moved on Sunday and I didn’t look at them till tonight when I put the lifters under them and almost all the young growth has straightened out!!❤️ So hopefully it was just to much food/love🤞
With the lifters I’ll water till runoff then use a shot vac to suck out runoff.
I bumped the light to level 5 and will give it a few days before bumping again to lower the stress of just cranking it. Kinda like I do outside with the shade as they come out from inside.
I installed a SCROG and lowers it tonight. Net is 34” bellow the light, I could go higher or lower (originally I had it lower and that’s why some girls are bent slightly) thoughts?
I figured with 10” of stretch/growth after week three of flower (once I flip) the buds should only be max 24” from light🤷🏼‍♂️
SCROG is built out of 1” EMT with couplings and I used tent ratchet strings as support, going up and down so they pull against each other. Every 3-4 days I’ll gently tuck the branches like I did outside until the netting is mostly full then I’ll flip.

View attachment 38087View attachment 38083View attachment 38084View attachment 38085View attachment 38088View attachment 38089View attachment 38090
Gonna need weathertight fittings on EMT in a growspace 🤣

IMG_5184.jpegIMG_5185.jpegIMG_5186.jpegIMG_5183.jpegLower the net and spread the ladies arms and legs out as much as possible without breaking them! You can raise the net as they stretch!

I used 3 levels of nets on My first indoor grow and it was miserable to chop it down! Then I ran 2 levels of nets for a couple grows and it still sucked chopping it down!

IMO 1 net is enough! You only need to catch the top 6” of the plants and only let 6” below the net grow. Spread them out early get your tops in the net and raise as necessary! Again IMO only let the top 12-14” of the branches grow. Everything below 16” is larf garbage and takes away from what the top 12-14” will produce. This is the lollypop process.

This one is very controversial and again only my opinion but strip every leaf with a stem off the plants and keep them stripped until you chop! Solar panel smolar panel IMO!

Peace

LJ

Hey yall update

Girls are doing ok…. We’ll get to an issues in just a sec.
Lights are almost 100%. I let them really dry back (hopefully you can tell by the drooping in the picture)
Temps in the tent have really stabilized with the light alone and I’m averaging 1.2 VPD.
I haven’t dropped the SCROG further yet as I’m not sure how I’ll be able to get in to water if it’s any lower🧐

Now the girls TO ME appear to be suffering a magnesium deficiency. I’ve been letting it go cause I didn’t dare water again until a good dry back.

DO YALL think that’s what I’m seeing?

IF SO I have Botanicare Cal-Mag on hand and can add to this watering or I can foliar feed or I can do both….THOUGHTS?729B4F37-6FCC-4656-ABAC-DA87A07A8F61.jpegA1E6DEFB-521E-4062-B061-25B6D8322F7A.jpeg1FCF05A6-5C16-49B7-B355-78DABCE8B328.jpeg257DEE22-0719-406A-BCD2-4AFBECEC66B6.jpegimage.jpg

Hey yall update

Girls are doing ok…. We’ll get to an issues in just a sec.
Lights are almost 100%. I let them really dry back (hopefully you can tell by the drooping in the picture)
Temps in the tent have really stabilized with the light alone and I’m averaging 1.2 VPD.
I haven’t dropped the SCROG further yet as I’m not sure how I’ll be able to get in to water if it’s any lower🧐

Now the girls TO ME appear to be suffering a magnesium deficiency. I’ve been letting it go cause I didn’t dare water again until a good dry back.

DO YALL think that’s what I’m seeing?

IF SO I have Botanicare Cal-Mag on hand and can add to this watering or I can foliar feed or I can do both….THOUGHTS?View attachment 38924View attachment 38925View attachment 38926View attachment 38927View attachment 38923
I agree with you its mg.
I would use unscented epsom salts over calmag, too much calcium can actually lock out magnesium.

They're fine. Just water in like normal and in a few hours you should see them perk up. Good job on the environment. I set up an irrigation system so that I don't have to get in there and wrestle with the plants to get water to them.

1 tsp per gallon for epsom.

Anywhere between 1 tsp and 1 tblsp [3 tspn] per gallon is fine.
You should gauge how much by how bad the def is.
You want tablespoon per gallon.
Just watch your new growth. My plants did the same and look the same as yours.

I'd squash them more with that net~! Get a good bend on most if not all tops.
I've been using LST clips.
Looking good man~!

Anywhere between 1 tsp and 1 tblsp [3 tspn] per gallon is fine.
You should gauge how much by how bad the def is.
You want tablespoon per gallon.
Just watch your new growth. My plants did the same and look the same as yours.

I'd squash them more with that net~! Get a good bend on most if not all tops.
I've been using LST clips.
Looking good man~!
Agreed but before you lower the net, clean up all the suckers underneath now that you still have access.

Agreed but before you lower the net, clean up all the suckers underneath now that you still have access.
So I did some trimming but what are we calling “suckers” and what should be cleaned out??

Update:
Been awhile, trying to get the Mg deficiency under control. New growth is finally looking better but old growth looks like shit. From my understanding what damage was done is done and those leaves won’t change back?🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

The steams are all showing a lot of purple, what is this indicative of? Should I be adjusting something?

I cleaned a bunch out yesterday and am prepared to lower SCROG now that the new growth is looking healthier. I didn’t to a great before/after picture of my trimming but the first pic you can see the back plant hasn’t been trimmed yet and in the next she has been.

I split a girl yesterday on accident while trimming and tucking (I never seem to learn) but got her taped up so hopefully she’s fine.

Should I get the light closer to them or keep it where it’s at??

I know I need to get the recovered before flipping just wondering how much bigger to let them get?

85D018DD-4EFA-4D29-8CDD-53E5CA1E74A7.jpeg1FB55580-6F33-4B7C-ABB5-5D4D3D6F1248.jpeg840914F5-069A-47A4-945B-BECADB2ADF2F.jpeg414E8026-19DC-4F26-9A55-FCAE80377966.jpegFADCA261-B148-45BD-9801-98968C426822.jpeg44ABA84D-EC85-4B41-BF80-35696376E216.jpeg

Hey y’all be awhile so I thought I’d update

I dropped the SCROG probably 10 days ago and have been cleaning a few branches and leaves at every watering as well as tucking once they get 4-5” above the net.
They aren’t the prettiest but I’m learning and look forward to implementing what I’ve learned this far in my next grow.
They definitely don’t grow inside like they do with that sun!
Do you guys think I should flip them soon?
Still trying to beat that Mg deficiency, should I be giving epsom at every watering?
022DA014-C319-41BA-993E-D2FDEC78E9BF.jpeg4DA815B4-0F57-41C6-AA6E-5511B5EEEBE1.jpegA4954666-81AE-4AFA-BF29-86359985A122.jpegBD82406C-AB8F-42D6-8E57-8753FC21C902.jpeg90403DD3-A250-4DFA-A225-E4EC278ADBC7.jpeg6BCF6960-4AB3-4434-9100-7E1FFD6603C7.jpeg3AD3FFA8-F6A6-4043-A378-97106D81E432.jpeg

Yes on flip whenever you want and Mg every water till you see you are ok.
It is very hard to overdose Mg.
Just Mg though not cal with it. Cal is easily overdosed and when it is it often causes lock outs.
That net is going to fill in like crazy when you flip and the plant stretches.

Yes on flip whenever you want and Mg every water till you see you are ok.
It is very hard to overdose Mg.
Just Mg though not cal with it. Cal is easily overdosed and when it is it often causes lock outs.
That net is going to fill in like crazy when you flip and the plant stretches.
Ok, great! Thanks!!

Just updating so can keep track of dates
Flipped the night of Friday February 9th
Everything has turned up in the last couple days after the last tuck and clean up. Probably won’t clean them up again for 3 weeks (March 1st’ish)
5B7CB178-D5CD-4B41-81C5-1123E1634F2B.jpeg

hey yeah update, First week stretch in the bag! After the picture’s I decided to raise the SCROG probably 2 inches. Tops are looking pretty level, couple branches out growing everyone else but 🤷🏼‍♂. Getting ready to head on vacation for a week. Be intruding how much they grow in a week.
C1E9C4D2-FEA8-4BF3-80D3-680FE7D5D0D8.jpeg18B8779A-2FB6-43A5-AF87-79E317F53C3F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom