Welcome to the Cave of Daily Mishaps

but heres some more discussion on it.
There's gonna be a lot of us that can't open that link 🤣

I picked up my Raging Kush for $995 refurbished. I talked to the company before purchase and these lights were basically shipping damaged, repaired and could not be sold as new. I was looking and those are no longer available. I'm seeing a big difference in this light over the Spider Farmer SE3000. Compare the grow I just harvested with the one under the Raging Kush that will finish in about 4 more weeks. So far, the difference is striking and these flowers have a long way to go still. We'll all know more in about a month.
Yeah I'd need a damn bank loan to buy something like that. Full retail is more than i make in a month lmfao.
Hence why i was in the sponsorship with ViparSpectra cause im a poor SOB lmao

There are less expensive options if you want to dip into spectrum control. Bought a CLW SS500 and controller for about $600 when they were on sale. Seen significant results already and I'm very much a fat-fingered noob w it. It's a beast little package w an fairly attainable entry price for spectrum fuckery imo.

There are less expensive options if you want to dip into spectrum control. Bought a CLW SS500 and controller for about $600 when they were on sale. Seen significant results already and I'm very much a fat-fingered noob w it. It's a beast little package w an fairly attainable entry price for spectrum fuckery imo.
Yeah definitely have plenty of options, it's just my budget is it small lmao.

I'll check it out

My feeling on spectrum control is that it is the next most important variable once you have a dialed in grow and process. Adding it to a mess is not going to help.

More important than CO2. Less important than environmental control.

Also, it is better if you run this in a growspace where you are monocropping. If you have a sativa next to an indica, they need different spectrums so that can be a problem.

Supplemental lighting can help, especially when outside of the standard PAR range (uv and far red) and those do not have huge PPFD needs to initiate plant hormonal responses. But if you are trying to change plant morphology in the PAR range, you need a lot more PPFD out of those lights. Most have minimal PPFD in the variable color ranges.

And Green is a good thing in Veg. It stimulates photosynthesis deeper in the tissue. But it needs to come out in flower, as it has been shown to limit THC if you run it thru flower.

Of course, this is all just my working position, and this is all subject to change as I continue to test and learn.

My feeling on spectrum control is that it is the next most important variable once you have a dialed in grow and process. Adding it to a mess is not going to help.

Also, it is better if you run this in a growspace where you are monocropping. If you have a sativa next to an indica, they need different spectrums so that can be a problem.

Supplemental lighting can help, especially when outside of the standard PAR range (uv and far red) and those do not have huge PPFD needs to initiate plant hormonal responses. But if you are trying to change plant morphology in the PAR range, you need a lot more PPFD out of those lights. Most have minimal PPFD in the variable color ranges.

And Green is a good thing in Veg. It stimulates photosynthesis deeper in the tissue. But it needs to come out in flower, as it has been shown to limit THC if you run it thru flower.

Of course, this is all just my working position, and this is all subject to change as I continue to test and learn.
Spectrum tuning is definitely something im interesting in playing around with and learning more about.

Right on

Went camping Sunday til Tuesday and forgot about my Mendels Aether x GDP seed plant in my 2x2. I came home and ot was dead.... i decided to pluck a couple bracts open and this is what i found 🤩🤩🤩20230824_172637.jpg
So the pollination was a success and i managed to not kill it until most of the seeds were finished.

Ask me how I know this is true :rolleyes:
Dude I torched fans in the center of my canopy pretty good, too much red(I suspect) and didnt check ppfd during/after stretch. What got me is it doesnt look nearly as bright as it measures when running red dominant. I am noob.
This is the CLW fixture right? Spectrum control?

We need to start a spectrum control thread to share our results. Seems like they are a thing now.

This is the CLW fixture right? Spectrum control?

We need to start a spectrum control thread to share our results. Seems like they are a thing now.

if you want to change/add the title to include General Spectrum Thread or whatever.

i started this last night to congregate data on Spectrums.

and i was going to do a grow under blue led and one under red led as well.

ive not added anything to it yet as i posted it in middle of the night but i will

Spectrum thread updated.

More info to come.

I would like add a bunch of different lights supposed spectrographs too

If anyone has any fixtures that came with a manual/spectrograph

Please post em there

Got in and trimmed up most of the plants in my 3x3.

Unknown sativa from @Zen_seeker
View attachment 18707
GSC
View attachment 18708
View attachment 18709
Apples and Bananas from @SweetLeafGrow
View attachment 18710
Green Crack and a real sour clone
View attachment 18712
Anither real sour clone and a Peanut Butter Breath clone. View attachment 18713
Jawbreaker and Mendels Aether x GDP
View attachment 18715
Grape Crème Cake
View attachment 18716
Man you got a lot going on there.

Man you got a lot going on there.
At one point i had 32 plants between 3 tents lol. Im definitely not @Observer
But i have a few plants lol.
The grape creme cake and gsc need to go into 5 gallon pots and veg out another couple weeks for flower, the rest need to go to 1 gal pots ASAP.

This Real Sour Okie is got some variegation going on just like the Sour D it was crossed with. This is a clone and the original seed did the same thing.

Ignore the chew marks on a few leaves.... stuck her in the fan last time i took her out lol.

20230826_231617.jpg20230826_231624.jpg20230826_231631.jpg

Spectrum tuning is definitely something im interesting in playing around with and learning more about.
Ok, Grand Master Level is studying spectrum and have a light that does the HPS spectrum, They are studying a lot of factors such as UVB, as Moe stated, we are "Early" in research so not much development, unless you consider going from CMH & HPS to the New LEDs. I have a 450w. Philzon with a nice spectrum 6 bar in a 4x4. Cheers guys,SS

The variegation thing has always made me say hum.
Not sure what is all about but as a different type of breeder I would not want it. Maybe I would be interested in it but I would have to separate them from other breeding stock.
The crossing of 'this and that' is not how champion breeders operate.
The results may well be within 'acceptable' results but if they were my breeding stock they would be culled.
Culled does not mean killed, but rather removed from the breeding line.
Just me maybe?
Beyond that they look good if you know where they are going. 👊

The variegation thing has always made me say hum.
Not sure what is all about but as a different type of breeder I would not want it. Maybe I would be interested in it but I would have to separate them from other breeding stock.
The crossing of 'this and that' is not how champion breeders operate.
The results may well be within 'acceptable' results but if they were my breeding stock they would be culled.
Culled does not mean killed, but rather removed from the breeding line.
Just me maybe?
Beyond that they look good if you know where they are going. 👊
I agree, just thought it was a cool trait.
I would never consider breeding anything with these considering they ALL fucken herm...
Mr. Trustfall isnt so trusty.

I know variegation is from a random mutation that causes a lack of chlorophyll, so yes, i too would take them out of the breeding line if i were a breeder. But im definitely not that, and the smoke is at least acceptable so ill keep it around til i wanna pop another bean and deal with herm central again.
Plus it grows so easy that i dont wanna get rid of it yet lmao.

Back
Top Bottom