Welcome to the Cave of Daily Mishaps

It's almost like different people have different skillsets 🙃
Honestly, I think a lot of it comes down to how comfortable you are dealing with a new process. I get pretty OCD about learning all I can before dipping my toes so I'm usually fairly well prepared for whatever jumps up at me.

I'm pretty good at breaking stuff down into digestable parts so while I may not be the King of any one process I'm surely a jack of all processes.

Honestly, I think a lot of it comes down to how comfortable you are dealing with a new process. I get pretty OCD about learning all I can before dipping my toes so I'm usually fairly well prepared for whatever jumps up at me.

I'm pretty good at breaking stuff down into digestable parts so while I may not be the King of any one process I'm surely a jack of all processes.
likewise. anything of interest i tend to beat to death in the R&D phase before diving into execution. Obsessive over controlling outcomes with a strong adversity to rejection and failure. Think that's why i loved software development so much. Growing the way i do is 100% another expression of building out scalable, resilient systems but by physical means instead of flipping bits.

I think phosphorus definitely too.
The purplish color is early sign watch where it goes.

Not sure about the strain genetics re purplish stalks

Edit add picture

View attachment 20190
It definitely was phosphorus.
I gave it a few feedings of 1-4-5 and it picked right back up. New growth is all green, stems are growing green too but have a purple streak through them. Think its genetic tbh.

i was gonna make some dark humor as a response to this but decided against it. tbh, i'm a control freak so more complicated methods are great because i am in control of every detail. soil, on the other hand, puts a whole lot of that control into some kind of weird not-real-until-it-is state and by the time it becomes real, it's too late to fix it with any kind of expedience.
I think thats why I have enjoyed the switch to coco. I know what im feeding and when. An adjustment is needed and you make it. I found living soil to be really difficult to diagnose and correct issues. To each their own.

I think thats why I have enjoyed the switch to coco. I know what im feeding and when. An adjustment is needed and you make it. I found living soil to be really difficult to diagnose and correct issues. To each their own.
same! soil in any regard takes weeks for issues to manifest and months to correct. it's all shooting in the dark. Anything soilless and going into hydro is soooo much easier to manage. Issues show up within days and are corrected within days.

same! soil in any regard takes weeks for issues to manifest and months to correct. it's all shooting in the dark. Anything soilless and going into hydro is soooo much easier to manage. Issues show up within days and are corrected within days.
I like the the fact i dont have to ph anything in promix. I know my water from the tap is 7.2, and with nutes added its 6.5 so its perfect imo.

I do need to get a tds meter vause i have no clue what ppms im running through these girls

I like the the fact i dont have to ph anything in promix. I know my water from the tap is 7.2, and with nutes added its 6.5 so its perfect imo.

I do need to get a tds meter vause i have no clue what ppms im running through these girls
eh, measuring that is overrated too. you've got a solid handle on what the plants are telling you, and know your nutrients. those meters are only helpful when diagnosing or doing sketchy shit like crop steering. RDWC, yeah there's a bit more value but even then, once you get your baseline established you don't really need to read a meter.

I do need to get a tds meter vause i have no clue what ppms im running through these girl
they look great, even more so knowing your just eyeballing your ppms. It also helps alot running from clones when you already know what they like and/or prefer....

eh, measuring that is overrated too. you've got a solid handle on what the plants are telling you, and know your nutrients. those meters are only helpful when diagnosing or doing sketchy shit like crop steering. RDWC, yeah there's a bit more value but even then, once you get your baseline established you don't really need to read a meter.
Beat me to it!!

Beat me to it!!
for real though! i haven't touched my EC meter once this current run. i can't live without my pH pen and drops for verification, but the EC meter? fuck that thing. I know 4.1g of part A is 0.7 EC and 3.5g of part B is 0.5, so take 20% off each and it makes for happy plants, for now. I'm constantly fucking with the ratios though, so it is what it is.

don't be like me G$ :ROFLMAO: i'm a bad example.

I'm right there with ya man. I research as much as I can beforehand to get a good start, and then dive right in. Anything with conflicting info I dismiss and assume I'll figure it out as I go. Hands-on is my best teacher and as with a lot of hobbies, your style will grow on you. What works best for some won't work well for others. Everyone sees a task with a different pair of eyes.

I was horrible at reading plants for such a long time, everything looked the same to me. But im finally starting to get a hang of whats what and when to back off.

Ill feed every watering for 2 or 3 weeks and then skip 2 or 3 feedings just so they use more of whats already available to them.

Pretty soon im gonna be ordering more Gaia Green 444.
I like to mix that into my soil and let it sit in a tote for 3 weeks and then i plant into it from solo cups and it gets me right through veg and the stretch. Then i top off with the 284 at 10 tbsp per 5gal pot, and feed the 1-4-5 botanicare pureblend pro bloom.

It worked great the first 2 runs and then i ran out and havent been able to get more so deficiencies have been popping up more lately lol.

I was horrible at reading plants for such a long time, everything looked the same to me. But im finally starting to get a hang of whats what and when to back off.

Ill feed every watering for 2 or 3 weeks and then skip 2 or 3 feedings just so they use more of whats already available to them.

Pretty soon im gonna be ordering more Gaia Green 444.
I like to mix that into my soil and let it sit in a tote for 3 weeks and then i plant into it from solo cups and it gets me right through veg and the stretch. Then i top off with the 284 at 10 tbsp per 5gal pot, and feed the 1-4-5 botanicare pureblend pro bloom.

It worked great the first 2 runs and then i ran out and havent been able to get more so deficiencies have been popping up more lately lol.
full disclosure, i keep holding back on dropping Ricky references due to your avatar :ROFLMAO:

in promix, that's the way to go. I used to do the same thing in coco when i was doing aggressive shit with it (well over a decade ago -- funding college and shit). hit it with high EC for a week, then flush and replenish with 1/4 strength for a day, then back up around 2.0 EC. the monsters back then... it works though! and when you push like that you learn a lot because like you said, oftentimes a lot of symptoms look the same but when you're on the edge enough, you start to figure out that one particular leaf twist is indicative of that, and that one weird yellow patch is indicative of something else, etc. fuck, even the way the leaves angle themselves can tell you stories.

full disclosure, i keep holding back on dropping Ricky references due to your avatar :ROFLMAO:

in promix, that's the way to go. I used to do the same thing in coco when i was doing aggressive shit with it (well over a decade ago -- funding college and shit). hit it with high EC for a week, then flush and replenish with 1/4 strength for a day, then back up around 2.0 EC. the monsters back then... it works though! and when you push like that you learn a lot because like you said, oftentimes a lot of symptoms look the same but when you're on the edge enough, you start to figure out that one particular leaf twist is indicative of that, and that one weird yellow patch is indicative of something else, etc. fuck, even the way the leaves angle themselves can tell you stories.
Maybe someday I'll get there. I was quick to diagnose my plant early with a Mag deficiency but didn't run into another problem until last week. I just did a nute change and it doesn't seem to have progressed 🙄

Hahahah, i live in the real version of Sunnyvale, let em fly bro 🤣

So far what ive been doing has been working really well.

When i get rid of this damn car in my driveway, im gonna pick up some of the pureblend pro grow too and do a side by side with organics and synthetics and see the ddifference and just how far i can push the synthetic grown plants in peat.

Deficiencies have gotten much easier for me to diagnose this year alone. Ive definitely learned a lot from everyone here and reading non stop lol.

Hahahah, i live in the real version of Sunnyvale, let em fly bro 🤣

So far what ive been doing has been working really well.

When i get rid of this damn car in my driveway, im gonna pick up some of the pureblend pro grow too and do a side by side with organics and synthetics and see the ddifferenceand just how far i can push the synthetic grown plants in peat.

Deficiencies have gotten much easier for me to diagnose this year alone. Ive definitely learned a lot from everyone here and reading non stop lol.
please tell me it's a rattle canned black monte with peeling showing green underneath and missing doors :ROFLMAO:

Maybe someday I'll get there. I was quick to diagnose my plant early with a Mag deficiency but didn't run into another problem until last week. I just did a nute change and it doesn't seem to have progressed 🙄
fwiw i chased my tail for two solid grows on a calcium deficiency. the qb board LEDs i use are overpowered for my space and i thought it was P lockout because I was also having pH issues, but dialed the lights back, it went away and when i bumped up the part A (carries the calcium in my nutrient line) and brought em back up, no more spots. two fucking grows man. at the rate that i run grows, that's like a solid year lol

please tell me it's a rattle canned black monte with peeling showing green underneath and missing doors :ROFLMAO:
Only if dude. I bet that thing would fetch serious dollars!!
Nah its a 2000 honda accord 5 speed with forged internals and a LaRue GTX 2867 50mm turbo kit......

455hp, not exactly a family car anymore lmao.

Only if dude. I bet that thing would fetch serious dollars!!
Nah its a 2000 honda accord 5 speed with forged internals and a LaRue GTX 2867 50mm turbo kit......

455hp, not exactly a family car anymore lmao.
what you want for it? my wrx is on hold because kids and birthdays or whatever but hitting my power goals with ANOTHER car might be an option lol

what you want for it? my wrx is on hold because kids and birthdays or whatever but hitting my power goals with ANOTHER car might be an option lol
Hah, it needs to much work man.
Im just trying to offload it on the next sucker for 1000 bucks.

Its only got 133,000 miles on it, im the second owner, i bought it from an old lady and then sent it out to be built. The build has like 75k on it.
It has body damage, a leaky trunk, needs brakes all around, power steering lines, tires, and a really good deap clean as i have kids..... lol.

Its been sitting a year too so prolly needs brake lines as well.

Hah, it needs to much work man.
Im just trying to offload it on the next sucker for 1000 bucks.

Its only got 133,000 miles on it, im the second owner, i bought it from an old lady and then sent it out to be built. The build has like 75k on it.
It has body damage, a leaky trunk, needs brakes all around, power steering lines, tires, and a really good deap clean as i have kids..... lol.

Its been sitting a year too so prolly needs brake lines as well.
you're in PDX, aren't you? if so, hit me with a DM. I might know a guy that'll take it off your hands. if not, i will at that price. if nothing else, i might be able to use the turbo in my wrx, or my yota project.

you're in PDX, aren't you? if so, hit me with a DM. I might know a guy that'll take it off your hands. if not, i will at that price. if nothing else, i might be able to use the turbo in my wrx, or my yota project.
Nah, unfortunately im in New York, Albany area, shitty state man. Dont move here 🤣
My neighbor is supposed ti be buying it but hes flakey at best so im not holding my breath lmao.

Nah, unfortunately im in New York, Albany area, shitty state man. Dont move here 🤣
My neighbor is supposed ti be buying it but hes flakey at best so im not holding my breath lmao.
nah, you won't catch me there lol my ex lives in brooklyn now and after she ate my heart, i rather keep a continent worth of space between us haha

nah, you won't catch me there lol my ex lives in brooklyn now and after she ate my heart, i rather keep a continent worth of space between us haha
Ive never been to Brooklyn, but ive heard a lot of horror stories about the place

Back
Top Bottom