Welcome to the Cave of Daily Mishaps

yeah, hermies show both organs early on in flower, and never stop. some will produce both organs in early flower (like chem D varieties) but if you pluck em, they're a non issue and don't come back, or others will show up in late flower.

it ties directly back to how those cultivars started -- from random bagseed found in some hippie's stash. just unstable genetics that couldn't be stabilized and retain the desired "true" properties.

yeah, hermies show both organs early on in flower, and never stop. some will produce both organs in early flower (like chem D varieties) but if you pluck em, they're a non issue and don't come back, or others will show up in late flower.

it ties directly back to how those cultivars started -- from random bagseed found in some hippie's stash. just unstable genetics that couldn't be stabilized and retain the desired "true" properties.
Crazy. I've never had those issues with either cultivar.

Crazy. I've never had those issues with either cultivar.
i had some early nanners with the chem d x wedding cake i grew, and i just remember years back when og kush and sourD were big on the forums people talking about both throwing nanners late in flower, thinking it was due to light leaks or something.

really i think it's more so the plants response to late flower conditions, a self-imposed "well, if no one else is gonna fuck me, might as well try to fuck myself" type deal. similar to how some amphibians will change genders for the simple act of procreation when there's a lack of availability of suitable mates.

it's also not like the flowers suddenly become loaded with nanners. it's literally like two or three, maybe five, never in any kind of cluster or any. just some bananas here and there.

I got a sour diesel cut from Trustfall and it was highly variegated. I had high hopes for it, but ended up getting rid of the cut. He replaced it with the forum cut I have.

These Apples and Bananas clones i picked up off @SweetLeafGrow are really taking off. 20230919_074205.jpg20230919_074215.jpg20230919_074218.jpg
He sent me such healthy clones that they never even skipped a beat when i planted them.
Should have some promix ready for pick up later today so these will be getting moved into 5 gallon pots tonight or tomorrow. Then topped for clones and will start training them.

Nice bud. No deficiencies, got some space, and good color.

That’s five strains on the grow now?

What’s the clone of Mammoth strain, idr?

i had some early nanners with the chem d x wedding cake i grew, and i just remember years back when og kush and sourD were big on the forums people talking about both throwing nanners late in flower, thinking it was due to light leaks or something.

really i think it's more so the plants response to late flower conditions, a self-imposed "well, if no one else is gonna fuck me, might as well try to fuck myself" type deal. similar to how some amphibians will change genders for the simple act of procreation when there's a lack of availability of suitable mates.

it's also not like the flowers suddenly become loaded with nanners. it's literally like two or three, maybe five, never in any kind of cluster or any. just some bananas here and there.
I ran the real sour from bud Goodman at the farm , where trust got his mom from ( and I remember a few nanners I had to pick off , if I remember correctly it was an archive cut .

I ran the real sour from bud Goodman at the farm , where trust got his mom from ( and I remember a few nanners I had to pick off , if I remember correctly it was an archive cut .
The real sour i have came from trustfall as well but they are his Real Sour x Okie feminized line.

Nice bud. No deficiencies, got some space, and good color.

That’s five strains on the grow now?

What’s the clone of Mammoth strain, idr?
Id have to count them again lol. I have 4 strains in flower thats all i can remember.
Mammoth was a Girl Scout Cookie from Nirvana seeds.
Not very happy with the clone. Does not grow anything like momma.

So i have in veg
Apples and Bananas
Real sour
Peanut butter breath
Aether x gdp
Green Crack
Jawbreaker
Grape cream cake (i think)

In flower in have whatever the strain is you sent me. Smells like Tangie to be honest.
Girl Scout Cookie
Grape cream cake
And a real sour pheno i trashed the clone to yesterday cause im sick of it.

So only 10/12 strains…slowing down in your old age?🤣

Ya Jackie is going to smell like swampy or stagnant water, tangerine/clementine, and hints of others. You get her on you and it’s mostly citrus.

Can’t wait to see how they all look in flower. Hope Jackie makes it to the finish line nice and juicy. 🤣

Well. What a day today has been.
Found a few thrips on the one plant in my 4x4 that was almost done, so i trashed that sucker.
The other 3 just went in so im hoping daily treatments of pyganic and sulfur for the next 2 weeks will be enough time to kill them before buds start.
Already treated the veg tent and 4x4 with pyganic.

Hope i got it before it got out of control.

Fucckkkk!!!

Thrips mean like that?

I thought I read somewhere they do more leaf damage than anything...idk so I need to know lol
I didnt see any damage, just found like 10 little nymphs so i chopped the flowering plant and got right to treating eith pyrethrin and sulfur so hopefully theyll die fast. Got about 2 weeks before buds start.

Pretty sure I used SNS209 for thrips and worked like the bomb~!
They are easy to kill.
I have pyrethrin also but have not needed it since saying indoors growing from seeds.
Clones are nice but once you got something it gets tough after that. Seeds allow clean start every time.

They are easy to kill.
I have pyrethrin also but have not needed it since saying indoors growing from seeds.
Clones are nice but once you got something it gets tough after that. Seeds allow clean start every time.
I do like seed starts too, growth pattern is more predictable, clone just grows wildly w/o further training.

A fresh start

They are easy to kill.
Just ordered the pouch that makes 5 gallons.
Appreciate the recommendation, ill try anything as this is my first run in with bugs inside.

I will be running more seed grows soon. Just gotta get through these clones first. A few are keepers tho so theyll always have a spot in the tent.

I don't think you know what you get with seeds, I just know I get a clean start.
Once you have an issue without going fallow it is hard to know if you have resolved it. Keeping clones or any plant from the infestation is questionable at best by me.
Once my outside plants had any contact via me or them with my inside plants there was no safe ground and to be sure all had to go and total clean up needed to happen before I would grow in the same space again.

I don't think you know what you get with seeds, I just know I get a clean start.
Once you have an issue without going fallow it is hard to know if you have resolved it. Keeping clones or any plant from the infestation is questionable at best by me.
Once my outside plants had any contact via me or them with my inside plants there was no safe ground and to be sure all had to go and total clean up needed to happen before I would grow in the same space again.
Im hoping i caught it soon enough because i didnt see any jumpers or fliers. I couldn't even find any full grown ones just nymphs so i really hope its controllable.

Veg tent was totally clean and only 1 plant in the flower tent had seeable nymphs, so i doused it with pyganic and tossed it out in the compost.

The other 3 plants only just went in to the tent a couple days ago so im gonna leave them and treat until i win or lose lol.
Im not one to give up so quickly inside, outside ill drop everything at the flip of a switch.

Plus i just bought clones from sweetleaf, i really dont wanna have to trash them 😔

@MDK
Im gonna respond to the mendel aether x gdp here as i dont wanna clutter up @B2ACGs seed thread.

I havent smoked any bud from that aether x gdp yet.

I popped 3 seeds, i had 2 males and a female so i picked the best looking male, cloned the female and put the female seed plant into flower. 3 weeks later i put the male into flower with it.

It made like 700-800 seeds, i gave away like 400 already but if you want some lmk.

So many seeds that i took the chewed up and spit out left overs of buds and froze them in a bubble bag, shook it for keef and pressed it. I got prolly 5 or 6 grams of some of the absolute gooiest, runny, sticky, pipe clogging hash ive ever made or smoked.

The leftover keef i didnt press was 100% full melt sift and was super tasty. Had that earthy fuel with the hints of oil like when you smoke hash.

Cant wait to get the female in flower and see what she can do when shes not preggo with almost 1000 beans.

Back
Top Bottom