Welcome to the Cave of Daily Mishaps

Im hoping i caught it soon enough because i didnt see any jumpers or fliers. I couldn't even find any full grown ones just nymphs so i really hope its controllable.

Veg tent was totally clean and only 1 plant in the flower tent had seeable nymphs, so i doused it with pyganic and tossed it out in the compost.

The other 3 plants only just went in to the tent a couple days ago so im gonna leave them and treat until i win or lose lol.
Im not one to give up so quickly inside, outside ill drop everything at the flip of a switch.

Plus i just bought clones from sweetleaf, i really dont wanna have to trash them 😔
The jumps are adults

@MDK
Im gonna respond to the mendel aether x gdp here as i dont wanna clutter up @B2ACGs seed thread.

I havent smoked any bud from that aether x gdp yet.

I popped 3 seeds, i had 2 males and a female so i picked the best looking male, cloned the female and put the female seed plant into flower. 3 weeks later i put the male into flower with it.

It made like 700-800 seeds, i gave away like 400 already but if you want some lmk.

So many seeds that i took the chewed up and spit out left overs of buds and froze them in a bubble bag, shook it for keef and pressed it. I got prolly 5 or 6 grams of some of the absolute gooiest, runny, sticky, pipe clogging hash ive ever made or smoked.

The leftover keef i didnt press was 100% full melt sift and was super tasty. Had that earthy fuel with the hints of oil like when you smoke hash.

Cant wait to get the female in flower and see what she can do when shes not preggo with almost 1000 beans.
I already figured you was posting it up in here....heck yea dude that's bad ass man. I got like 30 beans from sweet so I dont absolutely need the beans but don't throw em away for sure, or if you find some extra magic keep it going for sure.

I got too many clones getting ready to fill up this year's calendar but hoping to get to them by spring. Hope you find something to hang onto!

I plan on doing something cool with it and you are welcome to anything when that time comes for sure...maybe we can both find bad ass fems and reverse em both ways onto each other. Sounds fun

Last edited:
So far so good, ive been treating morning and night with PyGanic and so far i have not seen any signs of bugs so im starting to wonder if i just carried them in on me and caught them before it became an infestation.

Going to continue treating morning and night until October 15th. Thatll give the plants 3 weeks of treatment so i think that ll do it.

Tangie 99...I'm gonna guess that's a c99 cross? Or has tangie been around that long?

Looks like a killer line up and ya know what I've never had Apple fritter....wtf? Had some shit around 2006 called Apple kush (back before we got alot of kush around here) and it still in my mind is one of the best strains I've ever smoked. I gotta get me some of that some day

Tangie 99...I'm gonna guess that's a c99 cross? Or has tangie been around that long?

Looks like a killer line up and ya know what I've never had Apple fritter....wtf? Had some shit around 2006 called Apple kush (back before we got alot of kush around here) and it still in my mind is one of the best strains I've ever smoked. I gotta get me some of that some day
I believe the Tangie 99 is C99 x Tangie.
Im super pumped for the Apple Fritter! It sounds like its gonna be dank, if its anything like cherry fritter its gonna be slammin.

Im also pumped for these Blackberry Moonshine f1s that Mosh sent me. He said they're from the og beans jeff started with.

I believe the Tangie 99 is C99 x Tangie.
Im super pumped for the Apple Fritter! It sounds like its gonna be dank, if its anything like cherry fritter its gonna be slammin.

Im also pumped for these Blackberry Moonshine f1s that Mosh sent me. He said they're from the og beans jeff started with.
Those og beans are where it's at. Im on this Facebook group called nukeheads and they sell seeds on there. I was shocked by this post made a couple days ago by the group leader (nukeheads seed) saying the new seed he was about to drop were $68 per seed. They sell single seeds for 3-5....but damn 68...I asked if he meant 6-8 and I believe he said "these will be sixty a seed" said it came from stock he got a lot of notoriety for.

Too rich for my blood lol

Those og beans are where it's at. Im on this Facebook group called nukeheads and they sell seeds on there. I was shocked by this post made a couple days ago by the group leader (nukeheads seed) saying the new seed he was about to drop were $68 per seed. They sell single seeds for 3-5....but damn 68...I asked if he meant 6-8 and I believe he said "these will be sixty a seed" said it came from stock he got a lot of notoriety for.

Too rich for my blood lol
Damn 68 dollars a seed?! Thats damn expensive man.

I gotta say the lawn chair scrog net is pretty genius! Was it Zen that dried his plant by leaving the scrog net on and just turning it upside down?🧐
Ive had the screen made up since the day after we talked about me not being able to scrog. But i didnt wanna go buy pvc pipe to make a table in a little 2x2. So when i started looking for stuff i had, and found that lawn chair, i knew it was gonna be a perfect table that needed minimal work to make.

Im really looking forward to this, gonna use the clone i took from the Mendels Aether x GDP i pollinated a few months back.

I was gonna use the real sour but too many people want clones of that right now so im SOL until next run of it lol.

Ive had the screen made up since the day after we talked about me not being able to scrog. But i didnt wanna go buy pvc pipe to make a table in a little 2x2. So when i started looking for stuff i had, and found that lawn chair, i knew it was gonna be a perfect table that needed minimal work to make.

Im really looking forward to this, gonna use the clone i took from the Mendels Aether x GDP i pollinated a few months back.

I was gonna use the real sour but too many people want clones of that right now so im SOL until next run of it lol.
Use it as a test run. You can test out your folding scrog net and pull some really nice nugs! I had 2 plants in the 2 x 2 with the VS1500 and I really liked the results. The 2 plants were the best out of the original 6 I was going to grow outdoors but started to flower as I put them out too soon so I sprayed them down for bugs, stuck then in my quarantine tent for a couple weeks to observe and make sure she was clean then, moved them into the other 2x2. Grew some really heavy dense flower from those little plants.

06022023.jpg

Use it as a test run. You can test out your folding scrog net and pull some really nice nugs! I had 2 plants in the 2 x 2 with the VS1500 and I really liked the results. The 2 plants were the best out of the original 6 I was going to grow outdoors but started to flower as I put them out too soon so I sprayed them down for bugs, stuck then in my quarantine tent for a couple weeks to observe and make sure she was clean then, moved them into the other 2x2. Grew some really heavy dense flower from those little plants.

View attachment 24253
I need to figure this out cause ive seen people are pulling 13+ ozs from a 2x2 scrog. And thats just insanity to me lol.

it's doable though! there's no reason you can't with proper environment and plant control.
Ive got the pheno to hit that 13+ oz mark i believe, i just gotta get this shit figured out. Ive tried 3 times and never got more the 2 or 3 inches of stretch which made major issues.

13oz in 4sqft is incredible. 8 is the most I ever did and it was packed.
Most i ever pulled from a 2x2 was just under 2 ounces, and then i bought bigger tents lol.

I think i got this scrog stuff figured out this time tho. I never had a "table" to tie the net down to so i think thats been my issue.

Ive got the pheno to hit that 13+ oz mark i believe, i just gotta get this shit figured out. Ive tried 3 times and never got more the 2 or 3 inches of stretch which made major issues.
damn, most people have the opposite problem. increase your lights on/off temperature differential if those two temps are staying relatively close together.

Dirtbag used an inverse temperature differential to decrease stretch, which i'm gonna try this round as well due to the genetics being sativa leaning and me not wanting a 3x stretch again.

I need to figure this out cause ive seen people are pulling 13+ ozs from a 2x2 scrog. And thats just insanity to me lol.
I believe it. I'm experimenting with using the VS1500 as a supplemental light in the 5 x 5 this run. I've been thinking about a bar light for the 5 x 5 but I'm rethinking that. I think it may be better to have the height adjustability in certain areas of the scrog with 4 smaller wattage lights hanging rather than one large fixture. Imagine four daisy chained VS1500's in a 5 x 5. That setup would give me wall to wall coverage and allow me to grow different cultivars having the height adjustability to maximize photon exposure to that particular area.

In the 2x2 I grew the 2 plants in I could see four 3 gallon pots under a scrog or 6 - 8 One gallon pots stuffed into the 2x2. Once I get through this next run I'll make a decision on revamping the 5x5 lighting and will return the VS1500 to the 2x2 to do what I just mentioned.

damn, most people have the opposite problem. increase your lights on/off temperature differential if those two temps are staying relatively close together.

Dirtbag used an inverse temperature differential to decrease stretch, which i'm gonna try this round as well due to the genetics being sativa leaning and me not wanting a 3x stretch again.
My temps usually swing quite a bit cause i run lights out at night so its at least a 10° drop.

@tobh - Do you know what the ideal temp differential range between lights on and off is to reduce internodal stretching?
so, you want to go inverse actually. Say your lights on temp is 77F, bump that lights off temp to 80F-82F. you only need to do this during the stretch period, so day 0 - 21. i'm no expert but from what I've seen in the handful of growers that have done it, the technique almost all but eliminates internodal stretch.

My temps usually swing quite a bit cause i run lights out at night so its at least a 10° drop.
wild. it just must be the genetics you've ran then. almost every single grow i've had plants at least double their height, often tripling, during the stretch period. the one exception was a few heavy indica leaners early on in my grow journey. they were closer to 1.5x height gain though.

Back
Top Bottom