Welcome to the Cave of Daily Mishaps

Did I read that right and you’re going to have 10 plants in your 4x4 in 5 gallon pots? If so, I’d love to see how you set it up and tips for maintaining. I have a 4x4 and found it overwhelming with 5 plants, though I felt like I could’ve fit 6.

Do you have anything to brace the walls from getting sucked in and smooshing the edge buds?

I totally wish that was possible, but ill be doing 4 plants in the 4x4 in 5 gallon pots, and 6 plants in my 3x3 in 1 gallon pots, 1 will stay in a solo cup.
Ah okay! So we’re both doing 4 in there. I’m going to do 2 in 5 gallon grow bags and 2 in 7 gallon to compare and see if it’s worth it going forward.

Ah okay! So we’re both doing 4 in there. I’m going to do 2 in 5 gallon grow bags and 2 in 7 gallon to compare and see if it’s worth it going forward.
Im going down to 3 gallon pots, but im in promix. The 5 gallon pots never really seem to fill out with roots for me unless i veg them for 6-8 weeks. So im going solo-1gallon-3gallon.
I should be able to get 5 in my 4x4 that way and they will be just as big of plants as in the 5 gallon pots.
My 1 gallon pots are growing 3 foot plants so i dont see the need for 5 gallon pots anymore.

Heres one in a 1 gallon pot
20231015_145114.jpg

Im going down to 3 gallon pots, but im in promix. The 5 gallon pots never really seem to fill out with roots for me unless i veg them for 6-8 weeks. So im going solo-1gallon-3gallon.
I should be able to get 5 in my 4x4 that way and they will be just as big of plants as in the 5 gallon pots.
My 1 gallon pots are growing 3 foot plants so i dont see the need for 5 gallon pots anymore.

View attachment 26032
What’s your yield on 1 vs 3 vs 5? Is it more or less the same?

I wanna try some of these...I use jiffy peat pellets currently. I'm learning lol. Trying to keep em nice and green with no yellowing. Currently at about 10% success on that lol

I still use jiffy for seeds an sometimes small clones but lately I’ve just used root hormone and stuck them in a red cup with soil.

Use them a lot for the garden still. Start inside and move out later.

Reactions: MDK
Did I read that right and you’re going to have 10 plants in your 4x4 in 5 gallon pots? If so, I’d love to see how you set it up and tips for maintaining. I have a 4x4 and found it overwhelming with 5 plants, though I felt like I could’ve fit 6.

Do you have anything to brace the walls from getting sucked in and smooshing the edge buds?
Anytime someone says something about space In a tent, I can't help my self but post these.

420 solos with a plat form mid way or 20+ half gallons.

Lol

Attachments

• 5x5.webp
    137.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 5x5 2.png
    5x5 2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

🙄🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤷

View attachment 26032

So ive been trying to figure out why my dehumidifier hasnt been working the best these past few days....
Think i found out why!!

The cold, low pressure cooling fins are a complete sheet of ice inside my dehumidifier. My guess is its been sucking in all the spray from treating these thrips the past weeks, and froze solid. So now i gotta dethaw that.
Shits prolly half an inch thick 🤣😶‍🌫️🥴

So ive been trying to figure out why my dehumidifier hasnt been working the best these past few days....
Think i found out why!!

The cold, low pressure cooling fins are a complete sheet of ice inside my dehumidifier. My guess is its been sucking in all the spray from treating these thrips the past weeks, and froze solid. So now i gotta dethaw that.
Shits prolly half an inch thick 🤣😶‍🌫️🥴
fuck man, hopefully it's not fucked up. ice buildup on those condensers can seriously screw em up.

that's a major reason i made sure to buy a unit that has an auto defrost feature. not sure how it works but i've not had problems with ice buildup.... yet.

fuck man, hopefully it's not fucked up. ice buildup on those condensers can seriously screw em up.

that's a major reason i made sure to buy a unit that has an auto defrost feature. not sure how it works but i've not had problems with ice buildup.... yet.
So if it does shit the bed, i need a new one and amazon is really "bad" about delivering stuff.... lmfao
I bought this one when Hurricane Irene hit in 2012 so its definitely seen its use.

So if it does shit the bed, i need a new one and amazon is really "bad" about delivering stuff.... lmfao
I bought this one when Hurricane Irene hit in 2012 so its definitely seen its use.
damn! eleven years of life and still going, that's impressive.

from the looks, it's probably a good thing you opened it up. take the opportunity to clean that thing.

saw your post about the air hose, disregard.

make sure you do a real solid job. with how those things work, disturbing the built up dust may be even worse than just leaving it be. it's a massive fire hazard nonetheless.

make sure you do a real solid job. with how those things work, disturbing the built up dust may be even worse than just leaving it be. it's a massive fire hazard nonetheless.
For sure. Im gonna go at it a few times throughout the day tomorrow. I got in there a scraped all the big nasty shit off just now, so shouldn't be too much of an issue to clean it out tomorrow

For sure. Im gonna go at it a few times throughout the day tomorrow. I got in there a scraped all the big nasty shit off just now, so shouldn't be too much of an issue to clean it out tomorrow
and keep close when you run it again for the first few hours. just to make sure any residual shit burns off given that condenser heats up quite hot.

i forget who said it, but they raised a very valid point about dust being a serious safety issue. apparently they had a growmie that had this big box fan, all caked in shit, in their living room. told the people they should clean it given the hazard. they didn't, a house fire ensued, and they ended up going to prison because their grow was in the house, and well, you can't very well hide a grow when the fucking walls burned down around it.

just a cautionary tale. i myself throw fans away primarily because of the dust, and will likely do the same with my dehuey when it gets to a questionable level. that'll hurt, pricey mofo, but fires are no bueno. you go through it once and never want to do it again. kinda like rolling a car.

and keep close when you run it again for the first few hours. just to make sure any residual shit burns off given that condenser heats up quite hot.

i forget who said it, but they raised a very valid point about dust being a serious safety issue. apparently they had a growmie that had this big box fan, all caked in shit, in their living room. told the people they should clean it given the hazard. they didn't, a house fire ensued, and they ended up going to prison because their grow was in the house, and well, you can't very well hide a grow when the fucking walls burned down around it.

just a cautionary tale. i myself throw fans away primarily because of the dust, and will likely do the same with my dehuey when it gets to a questionable level. that'll hurt, pricey mofo, but fires are no bueno. you go through it once and never want to do it again. kinda like rolling a car.
I will definitely be buying a new one before spring so this one only needs to make it a few more weeks.

ugh why did you say that dirty word.

i'm still recovering from back to back birthdays. fuckin kids, man....
Dude tell me about it. My birthday is June, my oldest sons is July, my wifes is August, my youngest sons is September, then Halloween costumes, i travel every Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. So the last 6 months of the year, just fuuuuucccckkkk.

Back
Top Bottom