Welcome to the Cave of Daily Mishaps

Dude tell me about it. My birthday is June, my oldest sons is July, my wifes is August, my youngest sons is September, then Halloween costumes, i travel every Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. So the last 6 months of the year, just fuuuuucccckkkk.
fuck, you too?! sister's is june, mom's is july, son's is august, daughter's is september, then halloween, we host thanksgiving for the lady's family (now a $1k meal), then christmas. How TF is a guy supposed to save anything?

you know what that means, though, right? you gotta grow shrooms. i don't really see any other option bud.

fuck, you too?! sister's is june, mom's is july, son's is august, daughter's is september, then halloween, we host thanksgiving for the lady's family (now a $1k meal), then christmas. How TF is a guy supposed to save anything?

you know what that means, though, right? you gotta grow shrooms. i don't really see any other option bud.
Yeah dude its some ass. I havent had a savings in like 3 years 🙃

Lmao im going to eventually, just gotta get through the year lol.

Yeah dude its some ass. I havent had a savings in like 3 years 🙃

Lmao im going to eventually, just gotta get through the year lol.
Ricky, what you need to do is just setup a grow and make some hash. You know hash always sells good, and you're a business guy. Just do it man.

Dude tell me about it. My birthday is June, my oldest sons is July, my wifes is August, my youngest sons is September, then Halloween costumes, i travel every Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. So the last 6 months of the year, just fuuuuucccckkkk.
Cherish that time now too, because 40 years from now it will all be remembered as good times

Yep, as I hit 65 next year I am slowing by saying F*** It alot. I just sit down in my chair and fire up a doobie, hollaring F*** it! Enjoy your youth brother and save your back ! Cheers SSgrower

Cherish that time now too, because 40 years from now it will all be remembered as good times
Oh yeah for sure man, just wish i had enough to save a cushion that was bigger than 500 bucks.
Yep, as I hit 65 next year I am slowing by saying F*** It alot. I just sit down in my chair and fire up a doobie, hollaring F*** it! Enjoy your youth brother and save your back ! Cheers SSgrower
Yeah i find myself saying fuck it a lot too lately lol.
I wish i could save my back, but its already fucked. I need surgery but to be honest, im fucken scared lol.

Got the first cleaning on the dehu done. Went at it with a toothbrush to loosen everything up while i used my air compressor to blow it out at the same time.
Will go back at it again in 2 hours, then again around 2 ill do it again and put it back together.

I already hit that milestone. When I get up anymore in the morning and can still move I call it a win. Then I head to the porch with coffee in hand to fire up a j. Some mornings can be tuff, lol.

wild. it just must be the genetics you've ran then. almost every single grow i've had plants at least double their height, often tripling, during the stretch period. the one exception was a few heavy indica leaners early on in my grow journey. they were closer to 1.5x height gain though.
Had one that barely stretched like you were saying

Apples and bananas have started to stretch 👍🏻20231022_174205.jpg
Whole tent looks good too 👌🏼
20231022_173845.jpg
Grape Crème Cake is packing on the frost already just like the other pheno i grew last round. 20231022_174442.jpg

Oh yeah for sure man, just wish i had enough to save a cushion that was bigger than 500 bucks.

Yeah i find myself saying fuck it a lot too lately lol.
I wish i could save my back, but its already fucked. I need surgery but to be honest, im fucken scared lol.
I’m in same boat bro ! No shame I’m scared as fuck ! To many people come out and cant walk- I hit 10 o. The pain meter every day no shame brother ! It is what it is ,

This little piece of magic is how i have my various investment accounts set up. Without leveraging this, the fabled 11%+ YoY gains aren't attainable if tracking against the S&P 500. Make those dividends earn mo money!

I really wish they would teach investing in grammar school to get the kids ready to secure their retirements. Had I learned about this early on I would be growing in a warehouse and not a tent! 😄 I would feel much better about the assault and dissolution of Social Security that the current House majority wants if they had been teaching this to kids decades ago.

I can say that @GoodShit97 has the one thing most of us don't to his advantage in becoming a millionaire. Time.

@GoodShit97 - Use it to your advantage my guy. $25 a week($100 a month) religiously would yield you around $40,000 if you did that for 20 years at 5% yields compounding monthly. Most stable investment vehicles like the S & P 500 will yield better but I kept it conservative.

Had a buddy that always complained about how he didn't have any extra money for investing and that he was living paycheck to paycheck. I told him to give up the coffin nails and invest what he was spending on his 2 pack a day habit. He's doing pretty good nowadays.

$25 a week
Cant even manage that my dude. Im legit -120 every time i get paid, and my wifes acct isnt any better, shes usually -160 to -200.... and we both quit smoking them lung darts to save 100 bucks a week and it still didnt help 😒
Plus, life's just getting more and more over priced so those negative numbers will climb unless we both start making more money.... which shes already capped out at $20.20 an hour, and i havent gone back to work yet because (this sounds horrible but,) ill lose my disability, and make less money to go to work so im not sure how im supposed to be motivated to go back to work when its gonna cost me money to do so.

Had kids to early, didnt have life figured out now its gonna be a struggle to the finish line i feel like.

Cant even manage that my dude. Im legit -120 every time i get paid, and my wifes acct isnt any better, shes usually -160 to -200.... and we both quit smoking them lung darts to save 100 bucks a week and it still didnt help 😒
Plus, life's just getting more and more over priced so those negative numbers will climb unless we both start making more money.... which shes already capped out at $20.20 an hour, and i havent gone back to work yet because (this sounds horrible but,) ill lose my disability, and make less money to go to work so im not sure how im supposed to be motivated to go back to work when its gonna cost me money to do so.

Had kids to early, didnt have life figured out now its gonna be a struggle to the finish line i feel like.
Look for a side hustle to even out your monthlies. Once you got that handled start socking away whatever you can. Even $5 is better than nothing. Roth IRA, etc.

When I was just starting to take music seriously I had to have some sort of income. I was working but the time I had to dedicate to the band cut into my money making hours. I didn't want to give up music just to eat so I started a drop ship account on Ebay and combed the internet for manufacturers and wholesalers that would drop ship their product if I sent them orders. Took some time to secure the products I wanted to market but once I had it up and running it pretty much ran itself. Most of my time was spent looking for new product to put up as a lot of the stuff will be popular for a short time before all the other assholes catch on and start to undercut you. Amazon wasn't what it is today so I didn't do it there but nowadays there are tons of sites you can do drop ship sales.

Look into it. You might like it.

Wouldn't even know where to start looking man. Sounds cool but im internet/tech retarded.
When I did it I looked on Ebays most popular items list and started looking for those products at the cheapest price. Do some poking around. You don't need to be a tech wiz. I was lucky enough to know how to write HTML and XML so I was able to design my own sales site but nowadays they have tons of templates for you to choose from.

They have a really good help department. Just start asking questions.

When I did it I looked on Ebays most popular items list and started looking for those products at the cheapest price. Do some poking around. You don't need to be a tech wiz. I was lucky enough to know how to write HTML and XML so I was able to design my own sales site but nowadays they have tons of templates for you to choose from.

They have a really good help department. Just start asking questions.
I can look into it, not promising anything 🤣
When it comes to making money, im terrible at it... ffs i cant even sell weed or mushrooms anymore...😑

I just sold my built honda for 500 cause it sat for a year up for sale with not 1 hit and i needed some fast cash. Fully built f23a5 (Hondas long block engine) with turbo and intercooler kit. Made 455 whp at 10 pounds of boost. It only needed power steering lines, steering rack, vehicle speed sensor, and wheel cylinders in the rear drums... my neighbor got one hell of a fkn deal on that thing. less than 600 in parts.

Sooo many people in the same boat man, its the world we live in. Every day above ground is a good day. Especially a day spent tinkering with what makes us happy. ☮️

When it comes to making money, im terrible at it... ffs i cant even sell weed or mushrooms anymore...😑

I just sold my built honda for 500 cause it sat for a year up for sale with not 1 hit and i needed some fast cash. Fully built f23a5 (Hondas long block engine) with turbo and intercooler kit. Made 455 whp at 10 pounds of boost. It only needed power steering lines, steering rack, vehicle speed sensor, and wheel cylinders in the rear drums... my neighbor got one hell of a fkn deal on that thing. less than 600 in parts.
Wow

I've been there. Had to pawn a really nice '73 Fender Stratocaster because the landlord was breathing down my neck. By the time I was able to get the money together to go get it they had sold it. First guitar I ever bought...😞

No worries my dude! When you're ready but......there's only one thing in this world you can't buy. Time. Look into it seriously. If you're having tech issues one of us can probably get you past it.

I've been thinking about doing it again but it got to a point where I was pretty much traveling to trade shows to check out new product that were launching every few months to keep my product line fresh. Not sure I want to be traveling that much for work but then again nowadays it's much easier with email and zoom. If you can keep your product line fresh you'll do well. I use to bring whoever was my GF at the time along on some of the overseas trips if they hadn't been.

Last edited:
I've been there. Had to pawn a really nice '73 Fender Stratocaster because the landlord was breathing down my neck. By the time I was able to get the money together to go get it they had sold it. First guitar I ever bought...😞
Damn, thats a rough one.
Ive never pawned anything. Hit a pawn shop to try and sell some tvs but they only offered me 45 bucks for 4 flatscreen tvs. Lol.

I really wish they would teach investing in grammar school to get the kids ready to secure their retirements. Had I learned about this early on I would be growing in a warehouse and not a tent! 😄 I would feel much better about the assault and dissolution of Social Security that the current House majority wants if they had been teaching this to kids decades ago.

I can say that @GoodShit97 has the one thing most of us don't to his advantage in becoming a millionaire. Time.

@GoodShit97 - Use it to your advantage my guy. $25 a week($100 a month) religiously would yield you around $40,000 if you did that for 20 years at 5% yields compounding monthly. Most stable investment vehicles like the S & P 500 will yield better but I kept it conservative.

Had a buddy that always complained about how he didn't have any extra money for investing and that he was living paycheck to paycheck. I told him to give up the coffin nails and invest what he was spending on his 2 pack a day habit. He's doing pretty good nowadays.
Get a Financial Life should be mandatory reading at 10th grade. Unfortunately, it's not and I'm teaching my 50 year old sister about financial wellness and trying to get her on a fast track to building SOMETHING so in 20 years she MIGHT be able to quit working the minimum wage front desk hotel or gas station manager level jobs.

$20/hr these days is... dismal. Having even $100 extra after everything is paid while living as cheap as possible in a LCOL area is doing good, not the norm, and it has nothing to do with money management. Inflation is fucking people, especially those without high salaries or alternative sources of income, or illicit revenue streams. It's a cascading effect.

I digress.

Even $10/month into SPY would built something. Sure the returns would be laughable at $0.11 or so, but reinvest it and that $120/year will become something respectable, especially when the rebound happens... fuck. those that are getting in now (kicking myself not buying okta on friday... fuck) will get set right. that's the problem though. feast and famine, when it's been famine for a minute and the famine gets worse and you should get ready to feast... no resource to do such.

nah my guy. you got people that are gonna drag your ass to the finish line, in comfort if we have anything to say about it lol. why don't you consider taking some classes while you're down and out? you're smart enough, i'd take you on as a junior dev if I had that power at this moment. come to the dark side. sit on your ass, stare at a computer screen for eight hours, get fucked up after. anyone can learn to write the shitty ass code that runs these "state of the art" platforms we all use these days. it's a multi-trillion dollar pie, get your piece man!
I've been there. Had to pawn a really nice '73 Fender Stratocaster because the landlord was breathing down my neck. By the time I was able to get the money together to go get it they had sold it. First guitar I ever bought...
pawned by SRV ibanez and crate tube amp (painted with stencils I cut myself), and barely managed to em both back. Those pawn fucks are fierce... They say 60 days full repayment plus interest but your shits on the floor at day 29. Fuckin sharks man.

. anyone can learn to write the shitty ass code that runs these "state of the art" platforms we all use these days. it's a multi-trillion dollar pie, get your piece man!
Anyone but this guy 🙋🏻🙋🏻
I look at a computer and it stops working. Not even kidding dude. I have a 1300 dollar computer, i watch tv on it....

Back
Top Bottom