Welcome to the Cave of Daily Mishaps

So i hoped that this would go away but it is not so i now have to make an appt monday with the Albany Bone & Joint center.... Twisted and pinched my back even worse when i shot my deer Thursday morning.

I only had ONE shot left for my muzzle loader and i used it on him.
I left him to die and went to get the tractor, but when i got back, he was gone!!
So off i go tracking him with my .22 mag revolver cause its all i had with me that had ammo.
Well 300 yards from where i shot him originally, i finally found him and go to shoot him in the head. Now im all worked up and kinda pissed hes not dead and well, i missed....
So now hes scared and on a full sprint up over the hill, back down the other side and out to the neighbors private air strip. I finally caught up to him halfway across the air strip and blasted him in the back of the noodle....
I was fkn chuggin right along behind him, probably the fastest ive even run in my life.
Well at the bottom of the hill just along the airstrip is a swampy area and when i stepped into it full run i landed in a 14-16 inch hole and twisted/pinched the shit out of my back.
I was in so much pain when i finally got him dead, i fell in the middle of the airstrip thinking i was gonna die. Couldn't catch my breath, dry heaving, gagging, couldn't move. Laid there for 40 minutes before i could move again. Ma nature really made me earn my first buck, damn bitch.

20231219_173657.jpg
20231219_173704.jpg
Real sour ^^^
20231219_173730.jpg
Mendels Aether x GDP ^^^

20231219_173736.jpg
Grape Crème Cake x Okie ^^^

Mendels Aether x GDP smells like a dumpster in mid august 🤢🤮 hope it gets better with time, didnt smell this way when i seeded it 🤔🤔

How many pointers was the buck.we have them bad here that the law was changed how many we can take now .I havnt had any venison for long time..she’s rich tasting meat..

How many pointers was the buck.we have them bad here that the law was changed how many we can take now .I havnt had any venison for long time..she’s rich tasting meat..
He was just a small 4 pointer.
But hes what we call a "scum buck" so he needed to die anyways before he bred his shitty genes.

You can see how his horns are not symmetrical like a nice buck would have been.
I havent had venison in a few years now and i actually forgot how much i enjoy it. You really cant get much better than fresh wild meat.
20231214_115159.jpg

yeah he has dud antlers 😄 .my ol man use to shoot them just for the head and didn’t really liked eating it much.he didn’t waste the meat thankfully,giving it to mates to enjoy and me 😃.

yeah he has dud antlers 😄 .my ol man use to shoot them just for the head and didn’t really like eating it much.he didn’t waste the meat thankfully,giving it to mates to enjoy and me 😃.
He made me earn it tho for sure man. Still sore and fucked up from all that.
Gonna get slicing on him saturday, thankfully its gotten cold again so hell be slightly frozen when we butcher, makes it just that much easier to cut when theyre a little froze.
Im gonna clean and boil the head to hang out on my shed.

He made me earn it tho for sure man. Still sore and fucked up from all that.
Gonna get slicing on him saturday, thankfully its gotten cold again so hell be slightly frozen when we butcher, makes it just that much easier to cut when theyre a little froze.
Im gonna clean and boil the head to hang out on my shed.
Is that all you need to do to hang a deer head? I have no clue about taxidermy. What do you do with the eyes?

Is that all you need to do to hang a deer head? I have no clue about taxidermy. What do you do with the eyes?
Im just doing a European mount.
You skin the head remove as much meat as possible then boil it in bleach water.

For a neck mount id have to send it out to a taxidermist.
Most ive ever done is stuff a few fish and i did my dads last euro mount for him.
Fish are hard because you have to paint them

Im just doing a European mount.
You skin the head remove as much meat as possible then boil it in bleach water.

For a neck mount id have to send it out to a taxidermist.
Most ive ever done is stuff a few fish and i did my dads last euro mount for him.
Fish are hard because you have to paint them
I just looked up european mount. Very cool!! So you skin the skull and leave it with just the horns?

One time, when I was on a business trip in Mexico, I was staying in a very rural area. One morning, as I was downing a cup of coffee, I noticed one of the farm hands boiling something in a large pot. It was a deer head. Apparently, they make some sort of soup out of the deer head. Yes, horns, fur, everything in the soup! Crazy!

So you skin the skull and leave it with just the horns?
Yeah pretty much. I was told you have to remove as much meat and stuff as possible too before you boil it. Idk if its true or not, but they absolutely stink once you peel the skin off. 🤢
One time, when I was on a business trip in Mexico, I was staying in a very rural area. One morning, as I was downing a cup of coffee, I noticed one of the farm hands boiling something in a large pot. It was a deer head. Apparently, they make some sort of soup out of the deer head. Yes, horns, fur, everything in the soup! Crazy!
That sounds pretty gross man, im not gonna lie.
The smell it gives off when you boil a head is so nasty i couldn't imagine making it a soup...

Yeah pretty much. I was told you have to remove as much meat and stuff as possible too before you boil it. Idk if its true or not, but they absolutely stink once you peel the skin off. 🤢

That sounds pretty gross man, im not gonna lie.
The smell it gives off when you boil a head is so nasty i couldn't imagine making it a soup...
It was. That's how I noticed it. The stench was pretty awful. When I approached him and asked him what he was doing with the head and why was he boiling it(I assumed it was for something like what you do) he said it made a vitality soup and that after he ate it he could do the work of 10 men! Oooookay......:sick:

It was. That's how I noticed it. The stench was pretty awful. When I approached him and asked him what he was doing with the head and why was he boiling it(I assumed it was for something like what you do) he said it made a vitality soup and that after he ate it he could do the work of 10 men! Oooookay......:sick:
Talhat dood needed to put the pipe down... and not the weed pipe...
Thats just fkn nasty🤢🤮

Aether GDP looks good did smell ever get more appealing for you?

Aether GDP looks good did smell ever get more appealing for you?
Its definitely gotten better lol. Doesnt smell so rottenly disgusting anymore. Has more of an earthy profile now, i think it still has a ways to go, only week 6 now but i think its gonna go over 10 weeks

Back
Top Bottom