AC Infinity controller 67, 69 and 69 Pro

I received a reply from ViparSpectra support about whether their XS1500 Pro light is compatible with AC Infinity's Controller 69 or 69 Pro. It sounds like it is compatible with the Type-A dongle. There is a caveat, however. The light can only be dimmed to 5%. That means it cannot be completely turned off by the controllers. So, the light could be used, but it would need a separate timer to turn it on and off.
Thanks! Good info for us VS owners.

I received a reply from ViparSpectra support about whether their XS1500 Pro light is compatible with AC Infinity's Controller 69 or 69 Pro. It sounds like it is compatible with the Type-A dongle. There is a caveat, however. The light can only be dimmed to 5%. That means it cannot be completely turned off by the controllers. So, the light could be used, but it would need a separate timer to turn it on and off.
I used a different version of Vipar light & had the same result. Worked perfectly until it was time to power the light off & it would just stay on at it's lowest setting. Which lets be real, if it won't turn all the way off there's no way to actually use it with the control/type A dongle, so they shouldn't call it compatible.

I used a different version of Vipar light & had the same result. Worked perfectly until it was time to power the light off & it would just stay on at it's lowest setting. Which lets be real, if it won't turn all the way off there's no way to actually use it with the control/type A dongle, so they shouldn't call it compatible.
Neither ViparSpectra nor AC Infinity claimed compatibility for the XS1500 Pro. AC Infinity's web site only says the KS5000 is compatible. It doesn't mention the XS1500 Pro, and that's why I asked about it. I didn't ask ViparSpectra about the KS5000 or any of their other lights.

Here's what AC Infinity has to say about dimming protocols:
TYPE-A (PWM AND 0-10V PROTOCOL)
The Type-A dongle is compatible with grow lights that use pulse-width modulation (PWM) or the 0-10V protocol to dim and control lighting. Even within the same protocol, light manufacturers often use different variations which results in limited dimming levels. Some fixtures may have a minimum voltage of 1V or greater, which will result in variable dimming levels that may not be as precise as those with full 0-10V voltage. This may result in the light not turning on until its set to a higher brightness level from the controller.
TYPE-B (RESISTOR PROTOCOL)
The Type-B dongle will adapt grow lights that are resistor-controlled, using analog dimming to control lighting. Analog dimming adjusts the average continuous LED current to set light intensity levels. This adapter is currently in development. Please check back for more information.

The XS1500 Pro uses the PWM protocol, so in that way it is compatible. It doesn't go all the way to zero volts, however, so in that way it is not compatible. The light's lowest setting is 5%. That's why the controller can't turn the light off. The light is the problem, not the controller.

I use ViparSpectra XS2000 lights and I like them. I don't like how the dimmer operation was changed for the XS1500 Pro. Its knob only has 5 stops: 5, 25, 50, 75 & 100 percent. I want more control than that. It also seems silly not to be able to turn the light off with a switch.

ViparSpectra is apparently aware of the issue. Their customer support informed me of the problem (near the bottom of their reply).

Here's a screenshot of their reply:

1687991374292.png

Neither ViparSpectra nor AC Infinity claimed compatibility for the XS1500 Pro. AC Infinity's web site only says the KS5000 is compatible. It doesn't mention the XS1500 Pro, and that's why I asked about it. I didn't ask ViparSpectra about the KS5000 or any of their other lights.

Here's what AC Infinity has to say about dimming protocols:

The XS1500 Pro uses the PWM protocol, so in that way it is compatible. It doesn't go all the way to zero volts, however, so in that way it is not compatible. The light's lowest setting is 5%. That's why the controller can't turn the light off. The light is the problem, not the controller.

I use ViparSpectra XS2000 lights and I like them. I don't like how the dimmer operation was changed for the XS1500 Pro. Its knob only has 5 stops: 5, 25, 50, 75 & 100 percent. I want more control than that. It also seems silly not to be able to turn the light off with a switch.

ViparSpectra is apparently aware of the issue. Their customer support informed me of the problem (near the bottom of their reply).

Here's a screenshot of their reply:

View attachment 10556
I get that they don't promote them working with the controller. However in that response they tell you "the XS1500PRO enables integration with the third party 10V PWM/0-10 controllers, posts an image of what I can only assume is the manual agreeing that it does work, only to follow up with ""the lights can't be turned off completely when using a third party controller"

I'm sorry the last sentence makes the one before it invalid. If it doesn't turn off it isn't compatible IMO. Their reps shouldn't be claiming they are & it definitely shouldn't be in the manual.

I'm sorry the last sentence makes the one before it invalid. If it doesn't turn off it isn't compatible IMO. Their reps shouldn't be claiming they are & it definitely shouldn't be in the manual.
You're right. I just provided some more information.

Question for Y'all. Today is my first day getting into this UIS Ecosystem and my mind is on fire with possibilities.

Regarding the sold out splitter....Will taking the male plug off a Molex to UIS connector and splicing it with two female leads from the UIS to Molex connector pretty much be the DIY hack on getting a splitter right now?

Regarding the sold out splitter....Will taking the male plug off a Molex to UIS connector and splicing it with two female leads from the UIS to Molex connector pretty much be the DIY hack on getting a splitter right now?
I'm going to guess there could be a configuration problem. The UIS cable conveys information between the device(s) and the controller. It probably wouldn't get correct information via the spliced connection (because Molex connections are dumb). It's hard to guess what problems that might create, if any. At a minimum, the fans wouldn't be controllable, which would defeat the reason for having a dongle.

Heads up on the wifi fix if you get 5G or already have 5G

Since this thing only runs on 2.4ghz you'll need to go to your router and wifi settings and open up some 2.4ghz channels for it to work otherwise your stuck with bluetooth.
Mine should've had open channels since it was set for automatic but I think my 5G over rides it so I had to open the channels manually.
I'm using Google Fiber so results may vary as not all ISP have both 2.4 and 5g settings, just one or the other.

Recent upgrade on internet gear and speed had me find this out the hard way. But it did give me the chance to set up a slow & low data wifi hotspot just for the controller 🙃

Back
Top Bottom