Habosabin 4 strain small grow

Habosabin

Puff Paladin
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Hello. Welcome to my current grow. I'm growing 4 smaller plants with different types because I want to see more strains. The strains are in their respective places in tray.

So today at lights on I see 3 above ground. Looks like the peach tree is gonna lag behind. Currently just ph corrected blocks with no nutes. Will make new batch soon with nutes. 16DLI currently. 16 hours a day. Not sure if I'm going to keep these watering spikes.

2023-12-13 13.03.06.jpeg2023-12-17 22.15.58.jpeg

Nice Grodan setup, how much invested as I may do this very style in the future, thanks for the view. SSgrower That Strawberry OG is in Bruce Banner if I remember correctly,Cheers
My set up is very basic. The res is a 15 gallon tote. I have a 300gph pump that pushes the nutes up the to blocks. I have a circulation pump to keep it stirred. The flood and drain tray was probably the most expensive part. I think that may have been like $80. The grodan 6x6 blocks are like $6 a piece at the local hydro shop. I saw they had a big mama 8x8 last time I went for like $11. That think would grow a tree I'm sure. I put in a ph controller last grow which is really cool. I have a 240w bar light I got myself for early xmas. Just curious to see if a new light will make any difference from my last grows.

That's 4 for 4 in my book.(y)
What is the green thing in cube to the right?
That's a wireless moisture meter. Lets me gauge the rate of consumption and not let the block get too dry. If this round of rockwool gives me issues I'll probably try something like vermiculite or coco next grow in smaller containers that I irrigate more frequently. I always neglect to flush the blocks out every 3 weeks because they usually are doing so well until they start to lock out. Will have to put it on a routine.

My little brown starter cubes don't fit exactly into the grodans. There is space there so I hope that doesn't slow the growth. I'll try and tear a smaller block up and try and fill the space in tonight.

Here is an update. The apple fritter is the fastest one. Peach tree is catching up to the others. The cycle timer added to the pH controller works like a charm. The res is pegged at 5.9. Do these look on track for beginning of day 14? The early growth for me out of rockwool always slightly droop like over water but the growth is there. I'm watering 1 minute a day but I've ordered another cycle timer to give it less than 1 minute. I can then give it smaller doses multiple times a day later on.

IMG_1179.jpegIMG_1180.jpegIMG_1181.jpegIMG_1182.jpegIMG_1183.jpeg

Hello. Welcome to my current grow. I'm growing 4 smaller plants with different types because I want to see more strains. The strains are in their respective places in tray.

So today at lights on I see 3 above ground. Looks like the peach tree is gonna lag behind. Currently just ph corrected blocks with no nutes. Will make new batch soon with nutes. 16DLI currently. 16 hours a day. Not sure if I'm going to keep these watering spikes.

View attachment 34415View attachment 34416
See, nice, this is what I would have done but to fill my 5x with wool and do it properly would have cost me too much, just buying a 5x5 size run off tray is more than I want to spend rn

Or making my own platform and "guttering" for it

Here is an update. The apple fritter is the fastest one. Peach tree is catching up to the others. The cycle timer added to the pH controller works like a charm. The res is pegged at 5.9. Do these look on track for beginning of day 14? The early growth for me out of rockwool always slightly droop like over water but the growth is there. I'm watering 1 minute a day but I've ordered another cycle timer to give it less than 1 minute. I can then give it smaller doses multiple times a day later on.

View attachment 36334View attachment 36335View attachment 36336View attachment 36337View attachment 36338
I'll brb I have some ?s if you don't mind

That's a wireless moisture meter. Lets me gauge the rate of consumption and not let the block get too dry. If this round of rockwool gives me issues I'll probably try something like vermiculite or coco next grow in smaller containers that I irrigate more frequently. I always neglect to flush the blocks out every 3 weeks because they usually are doing so well until they start to lock out. Will have to put it on a routine.

My little brown starter cubes don't fit exactly into the grodans. There is space there so I hope that doesn't slow the growth. I'll try and tear a smaller block up and try and fill the space in tonight.
I'm thinking about getting a WC sensor, I'm currently "eyeing" my w.c if at all, starting to read and recognize the patterns the drip timer establishes and reading the plants

View attachment 36334View attachment 36335View attachment 36336View attachment 36337View attachment 36338
This is what I have my drip timer at currently, I had it ever 2 hours 4 seconds, was thinking that was too much water, I'm around 0.6 e.c and I run veg at 5.4-5.6pH
150-170ppfd currently, perhaps I could increase e.c slightly and PPFD (?)

First time utilizing this method, RW, and auto watering/drip

Just figuring it out as I go, no one to bounce info off of for these systems and not much online resources that specifically engage

Attachments

• VID_20231231_162319689.mp4
    19.9 MB
  • 17040614767225885062176715157383.jpg
    17040614767225885062176715157383.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 17040614945788406434132604401899.jpg
    17040614945788406434132604401899.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 17040615096375657082527752660163.jpg
    17040615096375657082527752660163.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
@Observer I'm still trying to get a handle on rockwool.

This round the plants are doing pretty good but they always have a slight droop or curve in the leaves but still grow really fast once they get going. I was going to try like 5 seconds multiple times a day once I get my cycle timer. Right now I run for1 minute and a lot of nutes kind of goes straight through. The good part is that the whole 6x6 block seems to get saturated from one watering site. I think the smaller the amount the more it has time to propogate through the block. They recommended a 10 to 15% run off. I've always had some issues with rockwool and I think it's watering habits or dryback causing lockout or something at some point in the grow.

I now use a cheap wireless moisture sensor and I can see over time if the block is wetter or dryer. My goal is to keep it as close to a % as possible and increase the watering if it starts to dry. You can see the 1 minute waterings are slight under since the trend is downwards over the last 10 days. So I'm gonna eventually give it more than one minute later.

Are those clones in your pic? I like your cycle timer. I have the analog units that I put between the smart plug and device. They are around $24 new. I just ordered a like new for $18.

This is the light chart I use this grow. I'm slightly ahead at 31dli at day 15 because I'm anticipating 4 week veg in the tiny tent. In the past I just blasted my seedlings at like 40dli and I think it can cause problems if the roots aren't ready. For example Cal mag issues at week 2 for me. This grow I am just using 3 part flora. I haven't added calmag yet but using my local water which should have calmag since it's ground water. I'm currently at 450ppm with a base water at 125ppm of local water minerals.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1141.jpeg
    IMG_1141.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
@Observer I'm still trying to get a handle on rockwool.
Yup same man, my first time using the wool media, and drippers/timer
This round the plants are doing pretty good but they always have a slight droop or curve in the leaves but still grow really fast once they get going. I was going to try like 5 seconds multiple times a day once I get my cycle timer. Right now I run for1 minute and a lot of nutes kind of goes straight through. The good part is that the whole 6x6 block seems to get saturated from one watering site. I think the smaller the amount the more it has time to propogate through the block. They recommended a 10 to 15% run off. I've always had some issues with rockwool and I think it's watering habits or dryback causing lockout or something at some point in the grow.

I now use a cheap wireless moisture sensor and I can see over time if the block is wetter or dryer. My goal is to keep it as close to a % as possible and increase the watering if it starts to dry. You can see the 1 minute waterings are slight under since the trend is downwards over the last 10 days. So I'm gonna eventually give it more than one minute later.

Are those clones in your pic? I like your cycle timer. I have the analog units that I put between the smart plug and device. They are around $24 new. I just ordered a like new for $18.
Seeds

This is the light chart I use this grow. I'm slightly ahead at 31dli at day 15 because I'm anticipating 4 week veg in the tiny tent. In the past I just blasted my seedlings at like 40dli and I think it can cause problems if the roots aren't ready.
Definitely, 40dli seems a little high for seedlings lol, these here are just starting to get there root systems out.
For example Cal mag issues at week 2 for me. This grow I am just using 3 part flora. I haven't added calmag yet but using my local water which should have calmag since it's ground water. I'm currently at 450ppm with a base water at 125ppm of local water minerals.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
My tap is around 80-150ppm and then I had 0.3-0?5 e.c nutes

Yup same man, my first time using the wool media, and drippers/timer

Seeds

Definitely, 40dli seems a little high for seedlings lol, these here are just starting to get there root systems out.

My tap is around 80-150ppm and then I had 0.3-0?5 e.c nutes
Currently they get 4 waterings a day ,8s, 4s,4s, 8s

Currently they get 4 waterings a day ,8s, 4s,4s, 8s
I read on another source that said 1x a day for veg and 2x for flower. Yours look like they are not over watered like mine do. I'm not sure if mine are over watered because it's growing really fast now. Im gonna do the multiple watering once I get my cycle timer. The 6x6 blocks get pretty heavy.

I read on another source that said 1x a day for veg and 2x for flower. Yours look like they are not over watered like mine do. I'm not sure if mine are over watered because it's growing really fast now. Im gonna do the multiple watering once I get my cycle timer. The 6x6 blocks get pretty heavy.
wool has to stay on the dry side you "teeter" the water to the plants, easier said than done w/o the proper sensors/gear

also i have a source for ya

i like/think going off of youre/our substrate volume is best, based off of these sources

1704083174924.png

CALCULATING IRRIGATION VOLUME FOR VEGETATIVE GROWTH​

Substrate volume = 10 L

Desired irrigation volume for vegetative growth = 3 % of substrate volume

Vegetatve growth irrigation volume = 10 L = 10000 ml x 0.03 = 300 ml

In order to calculate the irrigation volume for flower growth, it's quite simple, you just need to use the irrigation volume percentage for flower growth, which ranges between 4 - 8%.

CALCULATING IRRIGATION VOLUME FOR FLOWER GROWTH​

Substrate volume = 10 L

Desired irrigation volume for flower growth = 8 % of substrate volume

Flower growth irrigation volume = 10 L = 10000 ml x 0.08 = 800 ml

As mentioned in part 1, irrigation volume is the amount of water (or nutrient solution) that you will be feeding your plants. In order to perform this technique correctly, you will have to feed this amount between 3 - 9+ times per day when the lights are on.

IRRIGATION VOLUMES​

Desired Growth TypeVolume
Vegetative1 - 3% of substrate volume
Flower4 - 8% of substrate volume

Last edited:

i like/think going off of youre/our substrate volume is best, based off of these sources

View attachment 36460

Substrate volume = 10 L

In order to calculate the irrigation volume for flower growth, it's quite simple, you just need to use the irrigation volume percentage for flower growth, which ranges between 4 - 8%.

Substrate volume = 10 L

As mentioned in part 1, irrigation volume is the amount of water (or nutrient solution) that you will be feeding your plants. In order to perform this technique correctly, you will have to feed this amount between 3 - 9+ times per day when the lights are on.

IRRIGATION VOLUMES​

but ive yet to properly execute it and see it in reality

also, i have an idea/hypothesis if algae is growing/able to grow rapidly, a sign of 2 much water, im dialing back, but balancing W.C and E.C, in wool, seems to be one of the most "critical" aspects of it

So if I have a 216 cubic inch block do i water 105ml (3%)total or the day or every water?

View attachment 36460

Substrate volume = 10 L

Substrate volume = 10 L

IRRIGATION VOLUMES​

So if I have a 216 cubic inch block do i water 105ml total or the day or every water?
it would be each event, and best to convert to mL and ur using the 6x blocks?

and one sec

depends on the 1-4% for veg steering i suppose , id pick 2% (?) because less water means more air = oxygen for roots = increased growth
and even numbers easier to work with lol

which would also mean more watering events = HFF = faster growth = balancing the oxygen = wc /e.c as well.

i would think (?)

Last edited:
Sure, the volume of a Grodan 6x6 block (actually 6 inches by 6 inches by 5.8 inches) in cm is 2161.55 cm³. Here's how we can calculate it:

1. Convert inches to centimeters:
    • 1 inch is equal to 2.54 centimeters.
    • Therefore, 6 inches is equal to 6 * 2.54 centimeters = 15.24 centimeters.
  2. Calculate the volume:
    • The volume of a rectangular prism is calculated by multiplying the length, width, and height.
    • In this case, the length, width, and height are all 15.24 centimeters (since the dimensions are equal).
    • Therefore, the volume is 15.24 cm * 15.24 cm * 15.24 cm = 2161.55 cm³.
-BARD

so 2% of 2161cm ?

thanks man good to talk it out with someone, helps me out too

Back
Top Bottom